World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Articmainia Peace Talks

+7
Aloia
Federation of Antanares
New-Zealand
Farshonian Empire
Texania
Marquette (of Pacific)
Empire of Articmainia
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Articmainia Peace Talks - Page 3 Empty Re: Articmainia Peace Talks

Post  New Tarajan Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:59 pm

Dear friends, as I said before, to impose a change of regime in a country could be not only unjust, but also dangerous, since it could provide for instability.
I believe we can concede to Wallace's brother to become Emperor, if he accepts the terms of the peace treaty, thus affirming the goodwill of Articmania to become a more constructive member of the international comunity.
Democracy not always is the solution.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Yellasia Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:26 pm

Yellasia wishes to see the following:

1. Emperor John Wallace be extradited to New-Zealand. It would be useless to give Wallace the death sentence (likely outcome if he is tried in Europe and Asia). As we have already established, Articamainia's war crimes were largely due to military officials and high ranking ministers, not the Emperor himself, as it would not be possible for the Emperor to hold that much power after the terms agreed to by Yellasia and Articmainia following the World War. Killing John Wallace without any chance of redemption would also anger the Articmainian people, which would make us extremely unpopular. (and OOC: John Wallace is clearly the most 'fun' aspect of Articmainia and serves as his nation's personification- what good are we really doing by killing him?)

2. Articmainia give up their colony south of Sarvadia (which he has already agreed to) and pay war reparations to Texania. This should be enough; from what I can tell, most of the nations at these talks are wishing for a punitive punishment, something Yellasia feels would be unjust.

3. Partial democracy introduced as a compromise. The Emperor shall become mainly a figurehead; only making decisions that are subject to the approval of five generals and ten officials as Articmainia has already offered. Regional governments and a national parliament shall be established, the latter consisting of an Imperial Senate and House of Representatives. Citizens aged 18 and older shall directly elect their regional governments and their seats in the House of Representatives. The Imperial Senate will consist of 20 seats: five appointed by the Emperor, five by the armed forces, and ten selected by the regional governments. The Prime Minister shall be selected by the Parliament and will carry out most executive duties, appointing the Supreme Court, and the Council of Ministers. The existence of dual executives and more balanced powers will reduce the imperial nature of Articmainia.

We also wish that Articmainia will grant devolution to its Confederate Colony, not forgetting of the rebellion it unjustly crushed. I think this is all a fair compromise to introduce some democracy without destroying Articmainian tradition.

Edit: And this time, the nations involved should sign a formal peace treaty to avoid future confusion and to have more concrete evidence in the event something like this happens again.
Yellasia
Yellasia
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:01 pm

Yellasia wrote:Yellasia wishes to see the following:

1. Emperor John Wallace be extradited to New-Zealand. It would be useless to give Wallace the death sentence (likely outcome if he is tried in Europe and Asia). As we have already established, Articamainia's war crimes were largely due to military officials and high ranking ministers, not the Emperor himself, as it would not be possible for the Emperor to hold that much power after the terms agreed to by Yellasia and Articmainia following the World War. Killing John Wallace without any chance of redemption would also anger the Articmainian people, which would make us extremely unpopular. (and OOC: John Wallace is clearly the most 'fun' aspect of Articmainia and serves as his nation's personification- what good are we really doing by killing him?)

2. Articmainia give up their colony south of Sarvadia (which he has already agreed to) and pay war reparations to Texania. This should be enough; from what I can tell, most of the nations at these talks are wishing for a punitive punishment, something Yellasia feels would be unjust.

3. Partial democracy introduced as a compromise. The Emperor shall become mainly a figurehead; only making decisions that are subject to the approval of five generals and ten officials as Articmainia has already offered. Regional governments and a national parliament shall be established, the latter consisting of an Imperial Senate and House of Representatives. Citizens aged 18 and older shall directly elect their regional governments and their seats in the House of Representatives. The Imperial Senate will consist of 20 seats: five appointed by the Emperor, five by the armed forces, and ten selected by the regional governments. The Prime Minister shall be selected by the Parliament and will carry out most executive duties, appointing the Supreme Court, and the Council of Ministers. The existence of dual executives and more balanced powers will reduce the imperial nature of Articmainia.

We also wish that Articmainia will grant devolution to its Confederate Colony, not forgetting of the rebellion it unjustly crushed. I think this is all a fair compromise to introduce some democracy without destroying Articmainian tradition.

Edit: And this time, the nations involved should sign a formal peace treaty to avoid future confusion and to have more concrete evidence in the event something like this happens again.
I agree with the Yellasian position.
Only about the problem of the Confederate Colony, I believe it is sufficient that the Articmania government will provide its disposability for further peaceful settlements of the question.
And I agree particularly with the idea of an official treaty. It is necessary to avoid future problems.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Empire of Articmainia Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:59 pm

New Tarajan wrote:

Only about the problem of the Confederate Colony, I believe it is sufficient that the Articmania government will provide its disposability for further peaceful settlements of the question.
And I agree particularly with the idea of an official treaty. It is necessary to avoid future problems.
Guys seriously put that silly rebellion to rest I made that rebellion because I was board Im not giving up anymore colonies. Also Yes I will try to add some Democracy and Imperialism and mix it together to make a better Articmainia but seriously we should put this discussion to rest now I change up my goverment I gave up one colony and Im adding a little democracy.
Empire of Articmainia
Empire of Articmainia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Texania Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:31 pm

Empire of Articmainia wrote:
New Tarajan wrote:

Guys seriously put that silly rebellion to rest I made that rebellion because I was board Im not giving up anymore colonies. Also Yes I will try to add some Democracy and Imperialism and mix it together to make a better Articmainia but seriously we should put this discussion to rest now I change up my goverment I gave up one colony and Im adding a little democracy.
What do I get out of this?Why do the nations that did little in articmainia get something and I get nothing?
Texania
Texania
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Aloia Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:52 am

@Texania: I'm pretty sure Yellasia put in there that Articmainia pays war reparations.
Aloia
Aloia
Potential World Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=aloia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3