World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Dismissed) Atletius vs Marquette

5 posters

Go down

(Dismissed) Atletius vs Marquette Empty (Dismissed) Atletius vs Marquette

Post  Atletius Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:19 am

I believe Marquette was being racist towards Romanians and Bulgarians in the RMB while we were discussing Romanian and Bulgarian immigration into the UK (IRL)

Here is what he said:

Romanians are a blight on Europe and the country should be kicked out of the EU. Romanian immigrants in Western Europe are nothing but leeches on civilization who steal everything right out from under your nose. Romanians are making Madrid, an already difficult place to live, even worse. Same with Milan. Plus, they build their slums where they like, and just beg and steal instead of actually trying to improve their standard of living and getting an honest income.

No, it's not racist. They're literal leeches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGDj0B5WQaA

Screenshots:
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 ArialMT;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;}
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 (Dismissed) Atletius vs Marquette Image21}

Last edited by Atletius on Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Atletius
Atletius
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) Atletius vs Marquette Empty Re: (Dismissed) Atletius vs Marquette

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:30 am

How are these grounds for a Court of Justice case? There is no legislation saying one cannot be racist, and that's not saying that my comment was not racist, because it wasn't. I gave substantial evidence to back up my argument, this is ridiculous.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:06 am

Chief Justice Europe and Asia presiding. Does the prosecution have any evidence of wrongdoing on the part of Marquette, that is in violation of regional laws and statutes?
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Atletius Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:12 am

Europe and Asia wrote:Chief Justice Europe and Asia presiding. Does the prosecution have any evidence of wrongdoing on the part of Marquette, that is in violation of regional laws and statutes?

No but I believe this would come under general unacceptable conduct, similar to the Stirva case conducted earlier this year.
Atletius
Atletius
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:20 am

Atletius wrote:
Europe and Asia wrote:Chief Justice Europe and Asia presiding. Does the prosecution have any evidence of wrongdoing on the part of Marquette, that is in violation of regional laws and statutes?

No but I believe this would come under general unacceptable conduct, similar to the Stirva case conducted earlier this year.

We gave Striva three strikes, and he had an abhorrent record. Marquette deserves that at least. Now, do you have proof of breach if rules?
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:20 am

Europe and Asia wrote:
Atletius wrote:

We gave Striva three strikes, and he had an abhorrent record. Marquette deserves that at least. Now, do you have proof of breach if rules?

Forgive me, Your Honor, but Stirva was not exactly expressing his opinions, but rather he was blatantly insulting people for their beliefs. I fail to see how our cases share any similarities and why I should be punished in the manner he was.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:39 am

Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:
Europe and Asia wrote:
Atletius wrote:

Forgive me, Your Honor, but Stirva was not exactly expressing his opinions, but rather he was blatantly insulting people for their beliefs. I fail to see how our cases share any similarities and why I should be punished in the manner he was.

The objection by the defendant, Marquette, is granted. Striva vs Shirouma was an entirely different case, and is not a permissible prosecution.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:43 pm

As the Delegate, I am inclined to side with Atletius on this issue. I have gone over the recent "incident" involving Marquette and his posts are beginning to worry me. They are giving off strong racist vibes, I believe this is a image that the WA does not wish to promote, nor a characteristic the WA, and Nationstates, tolerates. 

However, Marquette has not fallen flaw to the three strikes regime, so there is no grounds for a banjection. However, I will motion for Marquette to have his position as RMB Moderator revoked indefinitely. 

I would like to remind you that many members of the WA are members of countless different demographics, and a substantial number of them have been offended by Marquette's post.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=new-zealand

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:47 pm

I would like to emphasise that Marquette did not directly violate any laws, as he does have the right to express his views. However, the comments themselves were inappropriate for the RMB.

Freedom of speech is a right, but calling certain demographics (such as Romanian's) "leches" and a "blight on Europe" is most definitely not acceptable. I do not think it would be wise for our region to be sympathetic to racist attitudes under the banner of freedom of speech. 

Also, I do agree with the statement that Marquette is an active and valuable member of the WA. This would also be the first time we've had a proper issue regarding him. Therefore, a banjection is most definitely NOT warranted, but a punishment is justified. The punishment I propose is the revoking of his moderator position.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=new-zealand

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:41 pm

New-Zealand wrote:
I would like to remind you that many members of the WA are members of countless different demographics, and a substantial number of them have been offended by Marquette's post.

Like one person who allegedly has Gypsy relatives was offended...
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Atletius Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:48 pm

New-Zealand wrote:I would like to emphasise that Marquette did not directly violate any laws, as he does have the right to express his views. However, the comments themselves were inappropriate for the RMB.

Freedom of speech is a right, but calling certain demographics (such as Romanian's) "leches" and a "blight on Europe" is most definitely not acceptable. I do not think it would be wise for our region to be sympathetic to racist attitudes under the banner of freedom of speech. 

Also, I do agree with the statement that Marquette is an active and valuable member of the WA. This would also be the first time we've had a proper issue regarding him. Therefore, a banjection is most definitely NOT warranted, but a punishment is justified. The punishment I propose is the revoking of his moderator position.

I agree with NZ in his suggestion as punishment, as what Marquette said was not for the RMB but it's not a major offense and is the first issue.
Atletius
Atletius
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:44 pm

Atletius wrote:
New-Zealand wrote:I would like to emphasise that Marquette did not directly violate any laws, as he does have the right to express his views. However, the comments themselves were inappropriate for the RMB.

I agree with NZ in his suggestion as punishment, as what Marquette said was not for the RMB but it's not a major offense and is the first issue.

According to Eurussia, Marquette resigned his position as RMB moderator. Due to this, this case is dismissed for redundancy.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:27 am

Europe and Asia wrote:
Atletius wrote:

According to Eurussia, Marquette resigned his position as RMB moderator. Due to this, this case is dismissed for redundancy.

NOTED!
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down