World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WA Map Reforms Committee

+8
Texania
Federation of Antanares
New Tarajan
Great Eurussia
Shirouma
New-Zealand
Ireland
Marquette (of Pacific)
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

WA Map Reforms Committee - Page 2 Empty Re: WA Map Reforms Committee

Post  New-Zealand Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:20 pm

Remove my name from the list of Signatories, I am here forth opposed to this committee. Eurussia has raised some crucial points which have shown me the flaws in the plan. We are going to cause a complete jump in our RP history that will see nations move and climates change.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=new-zealand

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:43 pm

I agree we do not need an equator I do not want my nation becoming Tundra or desert. You need to explain your points more.
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_empire_of_ireland

Back to top Go down

Post  Arveyres Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:27 pm

We would like to support this, but not have the land claims repealed.

Last edited by Arveyres on Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arveyres
Arveyres
Potential World Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=holy_patrician_states

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:51 pm

I also withdraw my signature this is a failed cause and also because of your act in the CoJ.
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:32 pm

New-Zealand wrote:I just want to point out that I WILL NOT be supporting any motions in favor of repealing all the land grab expansions.

I must second this. I like what you're doing, but leave land grabs out.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:31 am

PEOPLE, PEOPLE, let me explain. This committee is merely a place to discuss things regarding map reforms. Nothing here is official. I am merely considering proposing a bill concerning the Land Grab, but I'm not even sure if I will propose that to the Parliament anymore.

Secondly, I'm not saying everyone around the equator will magically become a desert or tundra. I'm saying we should focus our desert locations around the equator and near the tropics, because they're in that vicinity in real life.

We're not going to make any jumps in RP history or climate. We simply want to make the climate more realistic by adding an equator. For instance, if one has claimed land near where the equator realistically is (in the general center of the map), one cannot claim that their nation has the climate of, say, Russia. The same goes for nations inside or near the arctic and antarctic circles. They cannot claim that their nation has the climate of, say, Hawaii. Also, I no longer support nations being able to move from the equator if they wanted their nation's climate to be like Russia, for example. They made the choice to have their country there, and they should deal with their mistake.

Let me specify one more thing: I'm considering proposing a bill to Parliament regarding the Land Grabs, but they have nothing to do with this petition. The petition is about making the map look more realistic, not about expansions.

Also, please let me explain before you just announce that you wish to remove your name from the petition.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Atletius Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:24 am

What Marquette proposes is fairly simple. The bill he is talking about would just render all the land extensions in the New Years expansion period void, because the land grab got out of hand,
I for one am in favour of this.
I do not however support changing the map, as it would be too difficult given the number of nations on it already. If the map was more realistic it would be better, but changing it isn't feasible.
Atletius
Atletius
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:33 am

Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:PEOPLE, PEOPLE, let me explain. This committee is merely a place to discuss things regarding map reforms. Nothing here is official. I am merely considering proposing a bill concerning the Land Grab, but I'm not even sure if I will propose that to the Parliament anymore.

Secondly, I'm not saying everyone around the equator will magically become a desert or tundra. I'm saying we should focus our desert locations around the equator and near the tropics, because they're in that vicinity in real life.

We're not going to make any jumps in RP history or climate. We simply want to make the climate more realistic by adding an equator. For instance, if one has claimed land near where the equator realistically is (in the general center of the map), one cannot claim that their nation has the climate of, say, Russia. The same goes for nations inside or near the arctic and antarctic circles. They cannot claim that their nation has the climate of, say, Hawaii. Also, I no longer support nations being able to move from the equator if they wanted their nation's climate to be like Russia, for example. They made the choice to have their country there, and they should deal with their mistake.

Let me specify one more thing: I'm considering proposing a bill to Parliament regarding the Land Grabs, but they have nothing to do with this petition. The petition is about making the map look more realistic, not about expansions.

Also, please let me explain before you just announce that you wish to remove your name from the petition.

Thank you. And now, after all the issues you've raised my question now is WHAT IS THE ISSUE WITH THE NEW YEAR LAND GRAB? In which we are just celebrating a milestone for the region which only happens once in a year? 
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:00 am

Great Eurussia wrote:
Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:PEOPLE, PEOPLE, let me explain. This committee is merely a place to discuss things regarding map reforms. Nothing here is official. I am merely considering proposing a bill concerning the Land Grab, but I'm not even sure if I will propose that to the Parliament anymore.

Thank you. And now, after all the issues you've raised my question now is WHAT IS THE ISSUE WITH THE NEW YEAR LAND GRAB? In which we are just celebrating a milestone for the region which only happens once in a year? 

The gargantuan claims of some nations. That's really it. Also, we shouldn't have had an expansion just one week after we had another one.

The New Year isn't really a milestone for the region, but the 1 Year 100 Days was.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:53 am

Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

The gargantuan claims of some nations. That's really it. Also, we shouldn't have had an expansion just one week after we had another one.

The New Year isn't really a milestone for the region, but the 1 Year 100 Days was.

I'm just sad that you can't appreciate that. But for me, it's a big achievement. 1 year and 100 days is a usual milestone countdown, and welcoming a New Year with more than a hundred nations you've treated as friends and family is another thing.

If you don't want to participate so be it, but don't hold a grudge for those who enjoyed the land grab and even drag everybody just because you feel you don't like it.

I will continue to oppose any selfish acts. Thank you.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:32 am

Great Eurussia wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

I'm just sad that you can't appreciate that. But for me, it's a big achievement. 1 year and 100 days is a usual milestone countdown, and welcoming a New Year with more than a hundred nations you've treated as friends and family is another thing.

If you don't want to participate so be it, but don't hold a grudge for those who enjoyed the land grab and even drag everybody just because you feel you don't like it.

I second this. Why ruin everyone else's happiness cause a few nations abused it? I am strongly in favour of keeping the land grab.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=new-zealand

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:25 am

New-Zealand wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

I second this. Why ruin everyone else's happiness cause a few nations abused it? I am strongly in favour of keeping the land grab.

As do I. I appreciate what you're doing here, but if you continue to try to repeal this land grab I will be forced to distance myself from it.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:50 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

None of you have to support my idea of the revocation of the Land Grab, and that has nothing to do with the petition, so if you're opposed to the revocation of the Land Grab, why are you removing your name from the petition.

Also, I'm not being selfish at all, Eurussia, and I'm not holding any grudges. Where you get that notion is beyond me. I think you're taking my words from here and making connections to completely different matters.

It's not the freedom for nations to expand that I'm opposed to, nor is it people's fun that I'm opposed to, but I am opposed to nations claiming huge swaths of land that, quite frankly, ruin the roleplay history for myself and others.

Also, please do not write in red ink. We're all going to read what you say, so you don't have to make it stand out any more than it already does.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:30 pm

Put my name back down.
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Federation of Antanares Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:53 pm

Antanares would join this commission for the reform of the map.
Also, I think Marquette mean to say that he's not against the expansion itself, but the abuse of its and I think he's reason about. A second occasion for expansion was a good idea, but why allow these big land claims? I think some claims were really too big ^^
Federation of Antanares
Federation of Antanares
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:10 am

Federation of Antanares wrote:Antanares would join this commission for the reform of the map.
Also, I think Marquette mean to say that he's not against the expansion itself, but the abuse of its and I think he's reason about. A second occasion for expansion was a good idea, but why allow these big land claims? I think some claims were really too big ^^

Exactly that. Trust me, I like expansions, but I don't like when nations double in size...
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:55 am

None of you have to support my idea of the revocation of the Land Grab, and that has nothing to do with the petition, so if you're opposed to the revocation of the Land Grab, why are you removing your name from the petition.

Also, I'm not being selfish at all, Eurussia, and I'm not holding any grudges. Where you get that notion is beyond me. I think you're taking my words from here and making connections to completely different matters.

It's not the freedom for nations to expand that I'm opposed to, nor is it people's fun that I'm opposed to, but I am opposed to nations claiming huge swaths of land that, quite frankly, ruin the roleplay history for myself and others.

Also, please do not write in red ink. We're all going to read what you say, so you don't have to make it stand out any more than it already does.

I don't think having a huge land after an expansion ruins someone's RP history. Why? Because it even adds another RP story and history for that country!

The bottomline here is you simply dislike a few nations and create this kind of committee of I don't know then unleashed your grudges over the entire map and later on after having nothing to defend your arguments you now simply talking about the land grab when from the very beginning you criticize the map left and right.

You petition this and that then later on this and that only. Then what are we really reforming here? Your hatred towards those few nations because you were unable to claim some lands or is there any other reason? Nevertheless, there is nothing to reform on the map as it is perfectly fine. And expansion are normal as a celebratory act for everyone during "ANY" milestone on the region.

If you could think of other else then you are free to suggest it. Besides, I even supported the equator and that is the one that you should have been focusing on since it's a good idea coming from you with which I don't know if you're really interested in working out.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:17 am

Great Eurussia wrote:

I don't think having a huge land after an expansion ruins someone's RP history. Why? Because it even adds another RP story and history for that country!

The bottomline here is you simply dislike a few nations and create this kind of committee of I don't know then unleashed your grudges over the entire map and later on after having nothing to defend your arguments you now simply talking about the land grab when from the very beginning you criticize the map left and right.

You petition this and that then later on this and that only. Then what are we really reforming here? Your hatred towards those few nations because you were unable to claim some lands or is there any other reason? Nevertheless, there is nothing to reform on the map as it is perfectly fine. And expansion are normal as a celebratory act for everyone during "ANY" milestone on the region.

If you could think of other else then you are free to suggest it. Besides, I even supported the equator and that is the one that you should have been focusing on since it's a good idea coming from you with which I don't know if you're really interested in working out.

Eurussia, your claims are utterly ridiculous and hurtful, as they have nothing to back them up. Please, refrain from making such childish accusations. I do in fact have reasons behind my petition: to make the map more realistic. The Land Grab issue was never meant to be a part of this committee, until you sidetracked us and changed the topic.

You, on the other hand, have nothing to back up your stubbornness and general resistance of map reforms, save that I supposedly hate people and have grudges against them. Eurussia, please act mature and don't make such ridiculous accusations, or I will have to cease conversing with you.

The matter I am petitioning has remained constant throughout this entire conversation: adding an equator to the map and making continents more realistic, nothing more, nothing less. I have said that I do have plans for future legislation to go through Parliament, but that's in the future, and not pertinent to the present conversation.

Again, it was not I, but you, Eurussia, who changed the topic in the first place. I tried to focus on the points that are actually in the petition, but you changed the topic to the Land Grab and began spreading slander and unfounded accusations towards me.

I am honestly shocked and almost speechless to hear these utterly absurd and childish accusations coming from you, Eurussia. Please, stop distracting this committee, or I will be forced to ban you from its premises. You may be the founder, but it doesn't mean you can insult people in their own committee, of which you are not a member.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Shirouma Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:20 am

I don't think Marquette is jealous of anyone here, neither am I, me and him had this idea about few weeks ago already to change some things on the map since we agreed on that there are some things that would be nice to change, like the equator line, making more realistic continents and so on.

As for the land grab, it was ridicilous, you know it Eurussia, I know it, the WA knows it, the leftover territory should be waiting for new nations since we sure as hell don't need a bigger map than it already is. And how are we jealous if we didn't even claim any land? We didn't like the idea of claiming a huge part of land because ''we can''. The whole map claim thing has become some size comparing contest.

And Marquette is not bashing, neither am I, the map is okay, but we could make it better, that's what this comitee is about, the only person bashing anything is you, you have been bashing this comitee since the beginning of it, which in fact makes me tired.

Also I don't get your thinking about ''Marquettes hatred'' for who? Am I hating on nations too because I got the idea to change the map? We want to change the map for the better, while you keep onto the old map even though you know it's not perfect.
Shirouma
Shirouma
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Atletius Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:50 am

I think it's entirely reasonable to criticise the most recent expansion period, the New Years one, as a number of the claims were frankly ridiculous.
Atletius
Atletius
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Texania Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:55 am

Awww guys,thanks for talking about me  Razz tongue
Texania
Texania
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:05 am

here is what I think. We do not repeal the land grabs from the New Years Land Grab. But we put a limit on how much they can claim. But let the nations that have already claimed land keep their land.But also on the overseas territory thing I have to say no. If we cant get overseas territory then we really cant expand at all.
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Shirouma Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:08 am

We're not talking about repealing the territories, just limiting them. And why do people feel that they need to expand all the time? I really don't get it.
Shirouma
Shirouma
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Federation of Antanares Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:11 am

I think we are really out of the purpose of this thread. Marquette created this Committee for organize better the map, not to discuss about the New Years Expansion. I think who want to talk about the problem linked to the expansion can go in another topic and stop to talk here, were we've another intent to obtain.
Federation of Antanares
Federation of Antanares
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:11 am

Eurussia, your claims are utterly ridiculous and hurtful, as they have nothing to back them up. Please, refrain from making such childish accusations. I do in fact have reasons behind my petition: to make the map more realistic. The Land Grab issue was never meant to be a part of this committee, until you sidetracked us and changed the topic.

You, on the other hand, have nothing to back up your stubbornness and general resistance of map reforms, save that I supposedly hate people and have grudges against them. Eurussia, please act mature and don't make such ridiculous accusations, or I will have to cease conversing with you.

The matter I am petitioning has remained constant throughout this entire conversation: adding an equator to the map and making continents more realistic, nothing more, nothing less. I have said that I do have plans for future legislation to go through Parliament, but that's in the future, and not pertinent to the present conversation.

Again, it was not I, but you, Eurussia, who changed the topic in the first place. I tried to focus on the points that are actually in the petition, but you changed the topic to the Land Grab and began spreading slander and unfounded accusations towards me.

I am honestly shocked and almost speechless to hear these utterly absurd and childish accusations coming from you, Eurussia. Please, stop distracting this committee, or I will be forced to ban you from its premises. You may be the founder, but it doesn't mean you can insult people in their own committee, of which you are not a member.

Well, if you are really against those who have claimed so much land in the supposed to be LAND GRAB, you should have persistently criticized them the way NZ did to gain a reasonable objection during the recent expansion period to stop what you perceive as huge claims. And not call on total repeal on the entire land grab with no basis. Besides, you should have read the guidelines as well.

And correction, I'm not the one being childish here, I'm just tired of rebutting on complaints on those who can't appreciate the efforts of making the map much more giving excitement not just to a few nations but to all. And again, if you really want to propose to make the map realistic then let's talk about it now.

Lastly, if you are deeply worried that there are little spaces left for new nations on the map because of the land grab, shouldn't I be more worried? But I think it is my fault for not saying that the MAP WILL BE EXPANDED SOON.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next