World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Passed) WA Police Force Reform Act

+6
Dromoda
Marquette (of Pacific)
Atletius
Federation of Antanares
Great Eurussia
United States of Europe
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

(Passed) WA Police Force Reform Act - Page 2 Empty Re: (Passed) WA Police Force Reform Act

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:42 am

New Tarajan wrote:
Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:
United States of Europe wrote:We are really appalled by the behavior of this Parliament and of many of our honourable colleagues.
A bill that is very important for the security of the region and of all the nations that are part of it, necessary and essential to restructure an organization that
too often failed to perform its task, it is ignored by Members of Parliament.
And this despite all our respectful recalls and our courteous expectations.
We invite all colleagues to play their role with consistency, and that is to read, consider and vote on the bill, even if only out of respect for our efforts.
That being said, we ask the honorable Speaker extend for a further 3 days the voting period, until January 26.
I think it's an obvious choice, given the lack of activity and the listlessness of this Parliament.
Sorry for the strong words, but I think the outrage is our sacrosanct right.

Europa... Everyone voted for the bill. It was a unanimous yes and it's only been one day of voting, except for one abstention.

I think you're confused. The thing everyone's voting against is Eurussia's amendment. That just means it won't be added to the final bill when it's passed.

I suppose Europe is referring to the fact only 5 countries are actively participating here.

Well, there are 3 days left to vote anyway, so I don't need to give any extra time. I'm not even sure that's constitutional, but I guess it doesn't say anything against it :P
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

(Passed) WA Police Force Reform Act - Page 2 Empty Re: (Passed) WA Police Force Reform Act

Post  Aloia Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:20 pm

We vote in favor
Aloia
Aloia
Potential World Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=aloia

Back to top Go down

Post  United States of Europe Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:50 pm

New Tarajan wrote:
United States of Europe wrote:We are really appalled by the behavior of this Parliament and of many of our honourable colleagues.
A bill that is very important for the security of the region and of all the nations that are part of it, necessary and essential to restructure an organization that
We invite all colleagues to play their role with consistency, and that is to read, consider and vote on the bill, even if only out of respect for our efforts.
That being said, we ask the honorable Speaker extend for a further 3 days the voting period, until January 26.
I think it's an obvious choice, given the lack of activity and the listlessness of this Parliament.

Europa... Everyone voted for the bill. It was a unanimous yes and it's only been one day of voting, except for one abstention.

I think you're confused. The thing everyone's voting against is Eurussia's amendment. That just means it won't be added to the final bill when it's passed.

I suppose Europe is referring to the fact only 5 countries are actively participating here.
That's right, many colleagues have simply ignored the proposal.
In addition, I continue to note that this bill is coming once again blatantly ignored.
So, I want to know if this plan does not reach the majority of the votes (half plus one) because many have not expressed an opinion, and despite the majority of the votes cast are in favor, the design will not go, right?
United States of Europe
United States of Europe
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:21 pm

United States of Europe wrote:
New Tarajan wrote:

That's right, many colleagues have simply ignored the proposal.
In addition, I continue to note that this bill is coming once again blatantly ignored.
So, I want to know if this plan does not reach the majority of the votes (half plus one) because many have not expressed an opinion, and despite the majority of the votes cast are in favor, the design will not go, right?

No, you don't need everyone in Parliament to vote. The way it works is that if the majority of people who voted vote in favor, the bill passes. It will pass, don't worry.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:05 am

VOTING FOR THIS BILL HAS OFFICIALLY ENDED. PLEASE WAIT FOR THE RESULTS TO BE COUNTED.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:50 am

Ok, the results are in!

Votes in FAVOR of the original bill: 5
Votes AGAINST the original bill: 0
Abstentions: 1

Votes in FAVOR of the amendment proposed by Eurussia: 1
Votes AGAINST the amendment proposed by Eurussia: 4
Abstentions: 1

Thus, the World Alliance Department of Security and Justice act has passed, and no amendments are currently attached to it.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2