World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Passed) WA Territorial Waters Act

+12
Texania
United States of Europe
New Tarajan
Europe and Asia
Dromoda
Atletius
Aloia
Marquette (of Pacific)
Planitan Commonwealth
Federation of Antanares
Ireland
Great Eurussia
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

(Passed) WA Territorial Waters Act Empty (Passed) WA Territorial Waters Act

Post  Great Eurussia Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:29 pm

WA TERRITORIAL WATERS ACT
Authored by the Empire of Great Eurussia
Member of the World Alliance Royalist Party
(Passed) WA Territorial Waters Act WA_Map
https://2img.net/h/s13.postimg.cc/3jndnngpz/WA_Map.png
LEGENDS:

* Red Block - Universally accepted measurement based on the WA Map

* Red Line - 3,000 km measurement from the shoreline of Eurussia
* Blue Line - 3,000 km measurement from the shoreline of New Zealand

* White Line - Meeting Point from the shorelines of Eurussia and New Zealand

* Purple Lines - The results of Point A and Point B of a nation's irregular shorelines
Preamble
The Eurussian Empire, as a responsible sovereign state, in our aims to establish an international system based on rules and to ensure that all nations of the world enjoy their sovereignty recognized by the WA Constitution, and in our aims to ensure that all nations of the world can also enjoy their presumed territorial waters and exploit all its resources for their own good which unfortunately is not governed by international laws, do hereby proposes the World Alliance Territorial Waters Act.
Section 1
Recognizing that all sovereign states have all the rights to exercise their sovereignty over their exclusive land territories, including the airspace above those land territories and the subterranea of those land territories, do hereby acknowledge that this international law is necessary as to define the limitations of all sovereign states in exercising their sovereignty over areas with possible overlapping territorial sovereignty so as to resolve any possible territorial dispute in the world and maintain long lasting peace.
Section 2
All nations shall enjoy a 3,000 kilometer territorial waters from their shorelines (as shown by the red block on the map) where they can exercise sovereignty over its resources, seabed, and airspace. If such defined territorial waters overlaps (as shown by the red and blue lines on the map) the meeting point (as shown by the white line on the map) shall be the outermost limit of a nation's territorial waters from its shorelines.
Section 3
All lands, waters, and airspace, not covered by a nation's sovereignty shall be considered as international neutral zones, such that for lands to be referred to as international lands; for waters to be referred to as international waters; and for airspace to be referred to as international airspace, shall be enjoyed by all nations for purposes of navigation and shall never be harmed nor exploited without a duly enforced international law.
Section 4
In supporting Section 3, with respect to navigation, and subjecting Section 2, for purposes of preserving the freedom of navigation not just in international lands, international waters, and international airspace (as shown in the delimited territorial waters of Eurussia and New Zealand), all territorial waters from the outermost limits of multiple opposing territorial waters, shall reserve a 50 kilometer innocent passage, wherein such privilege, which also applies on its airspace, can be used by any nation for purposes of exercising the freedom of navigation without any interference from the host nation exercising sovereignty over such territorial waters provided that the vessels or aircraft using that innocent passage shall possess no absolute threat to the host nation.
Section 5
In case of a body of water is surrounded by a single nation with no possibility of contested claim by other nation (as shown by the purple lines on the map) and if the nation draws a straight line from its two shorelines, all waters within that line all the way to that nation's shorelines (as shown by the purple arrows on the map), that body of water shall be considered that nation's territorial waters, as well. And if a body of water is absolutely enclosed by a nation's shoreline from all sides, that body of water is exclusively that nation's internal waters, which shall be treated the same way as to a territorial land.
Section 6
If two or more nations willingly enters into agreement that delineates their respective territorial waters, automatically including its airspace, beyond the prescribed delimitation as provided for by this international law, such agreement shall be honored by all nations provided that such delineation of their concerned territories does not in anyway affect another nation's internationally recognized sovereign territory as enshrined in this international law.
Section 7
Hence, if a sovereign state, in accordance with this international law, has a duly and legally defined territorial sovereignty over its land, water, and air, such jurisdictions shall be referred respectively as territorial lands, territorial waters, and territorial airspace. And any dispute arises from any conflicting provisions of this international law shall be resolved peacefully through the World Alliance Court of Justice.

OOC: I've worked hard for this for a long time so that we can add another dimension to our RP and you can all draw territorial waters on your maps :-) I hope you support it and if you have any other revisions or additions, feel free to do so! Thank you!

Last edited by Great Eurussia on Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

(Passed) WA Territorial Waters Act Empty Re: (Passed) WA Territorial Waters Act

Post  Ireland Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:28 pm

I was actually thinking about writing a bill like this so I support this
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_empire_of_ireland

Back to top Go down

Post  Federation of Antanares Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:59 pm

We are now in an official debating period, which will end at 0:00 (GMT) on the 2nd of March. After which, a three day voting period will begin, and will end at 0:00 (GMT) on the 5th of the same month.

I invite everyone to not express every vote before the start of the voting period, thanks.
Federation of Antanares
Federation of Antanares
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:01 pm

Great Empire of Ireland wrote:I was actually thinking about writing a bill like this so I support this

Cool. Please show us if you have any revisions.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:25 pm

Federation of Antanares wrote:We are now in an official debating period, which will end at 0:00 (GMT) on the 2nd of March. After which, a three day voting period will begin, and will end at 0:00 (GMT) on the 5th of the same month.

I invite everyone to not express every vote before the start of the voting period, thanks.

I'm getting suspicious on New Tarajan and Antanares, although they are good friends of mine, that they might be or possibly one person, as these past few days, if Antanares is online, New Tarajan is online despite Antanares being based in Italy while New Tarajan is in Russia. I'm confused if I still have to believe that they are brothers, as they say.
But I have never been alarmed when a news post of Antanares contains the news and format of New Tarajan or the other way around I can't exactly remember. That shook me a bit. Nevertheless, I ignored it.
One thing more is that, New Tarajan is a World Assembly Member while Antanares is not. If both of them are WA members, I will never be this suspicious as both of them will be ejected from the World Assembly if they are the same persons. And also I believe that IP addresses could be circumvented and manipulated.
Anyways, I'll still give them the benefit of the doubt.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Planitan Commonwealth Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:30 am

Spoiler:
man you are paranoid aren't you
Planitan Commonwealth
Planitan Commonwealth
Regional Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=freedom_planita_2

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:57 am

Great Eurussia wrote:
Federation of Antanares wrote:We are now in an official debating period, which will end at 0:00 (GMT) on the 2nd of March. After which, a three day voting period will begin, and will end at 0:00 (GMT) on the 5th of the same month.

I'm getting suspicious on New Tarajan and Antanares, although they are good friends of mine, that they might be or possibly one person, as these past few days, if Antanares is online, New Tarajan is online despite Antanares being based in Italy while New Tarajan is in Russia. I'm confused if I still have to believe that they are brothers, as they say.
But I have never been alarmed when a news post of Antanares contains the news and format of New Tarajan or the other way around I can't exactly remember. That shook me a bit. Nevertheless, I ignored it.
One thing more is that, New Tarajan is a World Assembly Member while Antanares is not. If both of them are WA members, I will never be this suspicious as both of them will be ejected from the World Assembly if they are the same persons. And also I believe that IP addresses could be circumvented and manipulated.

Eurussia, HOW DARE you insult these two esteemed members of our region in such a way? And on the very floor of the Parliament, no less! I am shocked and appalled at this display of immaturity from you, and I cannot believe you would have the audacity to say such a thing here.

Obviously we were all suspicious when New Tarajan posted something that was obviously for Antanares, but that was at the very height of the holiday season; naturally New Tarajan would have been visiting his family in Italy and it was of course a mishap on forgetting to log his brother out.

Also, if they were capable of manipulating their IP addresses, as you say, well enough to fool the system of postalboard.com, they surely could fool the system of nationstates.net and find a way so they could both be members of the World Assembly.

Your post was really out of line and needs to either be taken down or moved, as this is simply not appropriate for the floor of the Parliament.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Federation of Antanares Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:11 am

I think the doubt of Eurussia is perfectly legitimate and also I thank Marquette for our defense. I would response personally to Eurussia, to clarify our position and eliminate all possible incertitude about the position of me and my brother.
I use mainly Nationstates to play with my brother. I entered in NS after him and only because he showed me this game and how working, or, I think, I will never start my little nation here. We're online, a lot of time, at the same time, because we work together. Our nations have a long history of collaborations and alliance to make our works credible. Also, he checks my post and corrects my English, that is not really perfect.
For the format of the news, I think its the most simply format of a news possible with the title write bigger than the normal text and divided in paragraphs, like a normal journal.
If there are other doubts, write them and I will try to respond.
Federation of Antanares
Federation of Antanares
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Aloia Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:14 am

Great Eurussia wrote:

Aloia questions why this was brought up on a discussion of a bill entirely unrelated to this. And I don't wish to offend Antanares, but I've noticed that New Tarajan's English is considerably easier to read than Antanares'. I firmly believe that Antanares and NT are brothers, not the same person, because their English is so different. It wouldn't be easy change your English that much.

Also, with the matter of the World Assembly, it's easy to resolve--if NT or Antanares was visiting the other one and went on NS to vote in the WA and they were both in the WA, they'd both get kicked out. It makes sense that only one of them would be in the WA if they're brothers.
Aloia
Aloia
Potential World Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=aloia

Back to top Go down

Post  Atletius Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:31 pm

It's about time a bill like this was created,
Atletius
Atletius
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:45 pm

Atletius wrote:It's about time a bill like this was created,

Thank you.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Dromoda Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:36 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:
Atletius wrote:It's about time a bill like this was created,

Thank you.

well done Eurussia  
(Passed) WA Territorial Waters Act XiJinping-Getty

i am gonna vote in favor of this bill
Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:01 pm

Spoiler:

Now I'm no member of parliament, but that belongs in the COJ and nowhere else. Such matters are inconsequential in relation to the current bill. My point: if you actually think they're the same person, then you need to address that in the COJ and nowhere else. I apologize for the interruption of parliament.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:43 pm

Thank you for your opinion, Eurasia.
About the Eurussian suspicions, I don't know what else to say....except that we ARE NOT (luckily for me, unfortunately for New Tarajan, which would have the N.1 military power of the world at its own service) the same person...

About the proposal, I don't have any amendment to do. It's a good piece of legislation.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:18 pm

New Tarajan wrote:Thank you for your opinion, Eurasia.
About the Eurussian suspicions, I don't know what else to say....except that we ARE NOT (luckily for me, unfortunately for New Tarajan, which would have the N.1 military power of the world at its own service) the same person...

About the proposal, I don't have any amendment to do. It's a good piece of legislation.

Sorry for the suspicions, I'm just getting confused lol
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:56 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:
New Tarajan wrote:Thank you for your opinion, Eurasia.

Sorry for the suspicions, I'm just getting confused lol

Unfortunately, you're not the first one to get confused, don't worry.
It happens also with other games.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  United States of Europe Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:58 am

The doubts are legitimate, but they are unfounded, at least from our point of view.
In short, also we and Eurussia are close allies, we have a foreign policy that coincides in all respects, the sizes of our stories are similar, and I'm not a member of the World Assembly.
In addition, we also have very similar names and internal policies (just look at their investment in infrastructure, or the management of public affairs).
Some might say that Europe and Eurussia are the same person, just on the basis of the assumptions made with Antanares, if you know what I mean.

So, let us not create enmities and conflicts caused by misunderstandings and petty reasons. We have created a great community, and its future is based on mutual trust.
Or am I wrong?

With regard to the law, we are in favor.
United States of Europe
United States of Europe
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:35 am

United States of Europe wrote:The doubts are legitimate, but they are unfounded, at least from our point of view.
In short, also we and Eurussia are close allies, we have a foreign policy that coincides in all respects, the sizes of our stories are similar, and I'm not a member of the World Assembly.
In addition, we also have very similar names and internal policies (just look at their investment in infrastructure, or the management of public affairs).
Some might say that Europe and Eurussia are the same person, just on the basis of the assumptions made with Antanares, if you know what I mean.

So, let us not create enmities and conflicts caused by misunderstandings and petty reasons. We have created a great community, and its future is based on mutual trust.
Or am I wrong?

With regard to the law, we are in favor.

Thank you. The problem with me and Antanares is that we shared a similar IP when we created our countries (indeed, Antanares is not part of the WA, while New Tarajan is a member).
So said, thank you again.
Let us go forward with our work as members of the Parliament.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Texania Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:55 am

Great Eurussia wrote:

WA TERRITORIAL WATERS ACT
Authored by the Empire of Great Eurussia
Member of the World Alliance Royalist Party
(Passed) WA Territorial Waters Act WA_Map
https://2img.net/h/s13.postimg.cc/3jndnngpz/WA_Map.png
LEGENDS:

* Red Block - Universally accepted measurement based on the WA Map

* Red Line - 3,000 km measurement from the shoreline of Eurussia
* Blue Line - 3,000 km measurement from the shoreline of New Zealand

* White Line - Meeting Point from the shorelines of Eurussia and New Zealand

* Purple Lines - The results of Point A and Point B of a nation's irregular shorelines

All nations shall enjoy a 3,000 kilometer territorial waters from their shorelines (as shown by the red block on the map) where they can exercise sovereignty over its resources, seabed, and airspace. If such defined territorial waters overlaps (as shown by the red and blue lines on the map) the meeting point (as shown by the white line on the map) shall be the outermost limit of a nation's territorial waters from its shorelines.

Um, each block is about 40km X 75km.

3000 km from the border would look more like this.

(Passed) WA Territorial Waters Act Wa_map34

Click on the picture
Texania
Texania
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:01 am

No each block is 3000 km and that is what he is talking about
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Texania Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:14 am

Great Empire of Ireland wrote:No each block is 3000 km and that is what he is talking about

All nations shall enjoy a 3,000 kilometer territorial waters From their shorelines
Texania
Texania
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:16 am

Texania wrote:
Great Empire of Ireland wrote:No each block is 3000 km and that is what he is talking about

All nations shall enjoy a 3,000 kilometer territorial waters From their shorelines
Ok I just confused now.
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Texania Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:22 am

if that is corrected to the 75 km he probably actually meant, then i am in Favour.
Texania
Texania
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:26 am

Texania wrote:if that is corrected to the 75 km he probably actually meant, then i am in Favour.
Most likely he was just confused or he meant 3000 sq km
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:25 am

Texania wrote:if that is corrected to the 75 km he probably actually meant, then i am in Favour.

Yeah. The box itself is measured as 3000km in length only. And I hope this will contribute a lot in RP especially in drawing our territorial airspace and waters.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next