World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Dismissed) WA Standardized Time Zone Act

+7
Aloia
Ivania
Imperial Tokugawa
Texania
Planitan Commonwealth
Ireland
Arveyres
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

(Dismissed) WA Standardized Time Zone Act - Page 2 Empty Re: (Dismissed) WA Standardized Time Zone Act

Post  New Tarajan Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:46 am

I guess it's possible to propose it to both Parliament and Council.
Since we are talking about something that will affect directly also the RP, I don't see any reason not to propose it also in front of the Council.
So said, thank you Arveyres, your proposal is good and well crafted.

And, since I believe that also the Council could vote on the matter, as President I wish to open the vote period right now. I ask to all Member to submit their vote until the 2nd of April.
The results will be submitted to the Parliament for consideration.

And, just to end, New Tarajan is IN FAVOUR.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) WA Standardized Time Zone Act - Page 2 Empty Re: (Dismissed) WA Standardized Time Zone Act

Post  Great Eurussia Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:03 am

New Tarajan wrote:I guess it's possible to propose it to both Parliament and Council.
Since we are talking about something that will affect directly also the RP, I don't see any reason not to propose it also in front of the Council.
So said, thank you Arveyres, your proposal is good and well crafted.

And, since I believe that also the Council could vote on the matter, as President I wish to open the vote period right now. I ask to all Member to submit their vote until the 2nd of April.
The results will be submitted to the Parliament for consideration.

And, just to end, New Tarajan is IN FAVOUR.

I don't see any need to vote on it here. It is already in Parliament, actually. And all of us are members there too. But for the sake of voting, we have already stated our full support to the proposal.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  Arveyres Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:38 am

Can this post please be deleted?
Arveyres
Arveyres
Potential World Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=holy_patrician_states

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:47 pm

Arveyres wrote:Can this post please be deleted?

Don't worry, it's not necessary.
It has been a good idea to submit your proposal also to the Council.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:26 pm

I cannot follow this law in character; it contradicts the time zones that are already in practice by the Marquetien government. Marquette of Pacific is not in three time zones, it is in one, and it is referred to as Marquetien Standard Time.

Similarly, Marquette of Wyland is in one time zone: Wylander Time, and Marquette of Arctic is in Marquetien Southern Time. I think it is quite reasonable that my territories be in one time zone each, as the same is done in the real life. In reality, time zone lines twist and turn to accomodate for countries' contiguous territories, and I want the same to be done for my territories.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:30 pm

For instance, even though Avermes, a large Marquetien city as far east as you can go in the country, is two hours ahead of Besançon, the capital, on the map, I will RP that they are the same time.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:43 pm

The law is now in effect.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:44 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:The law is now in effect.

I know, but, as I said, I cannot comply with it, as it contradicts certain of my policies already set in place.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:09 am

Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:

I know, but, as I said, I cannot comply with it, as it contradicts certain of my policies already set in place.

I was under the impression that everyone is subject to Parlimentary and council law. That's kinda how it works. You can't just say "Nope, not today!" And not obey; that makes the laws effectively worthless.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:19 am

Europe and Asia wrote:
Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:

I was under the impression that everyone is subject to Parlimentary and council law. That's kinda how it works. You can't just say "Nope, not today!" And not obey; that makes the laws effectively worthless.

Absolutely. In fact everyone knows I don't like the Realistic Roleplaying Act but I observe and follow it.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:59 am

Yeah, but this is different. This doesn't directly effect RP like the Realistic Roleplaying Act. If I say two of my cities who are technically in different timezones have the same time, the world isn't going to end.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Texania Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:34 am

Yes, all of china follows the same time zone.
Texania
Texania
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:35 am

Yeah some places dont follow the time zones. I dont get why Marquette cant.
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_empire_of_ireland

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:51 pm

Great Empire of Ireland wrote:Yeah some places dont follow the time zones. I dont get why Marquette cant.

Yeah it is just a guide. Time depends on a country's laws. By the way New Tarajan, shall I close this thread?
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:59 pm

Since the law has been approved by the Parliament, I believe there's no more need for this. Classify it as approved (since also the Council was favourable), and let's go on.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:47 pm

New Tarajan wrote:Since the law has been approved by the Parliament, I believe there's no more need for this. Classify it as approved (since also the Council was favourable), and let's go on.

I doubt it was approved by Council as there was no formal vote. Maybe dismissed will do. Anyways, it's a law now.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2