World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Rejected) Repeal of Divide by 10 Rule

+11
Husqvarnia
Zackalantis
Texania
Great Eurussia
New-Zealand
Kaevi
Ireland
New Tarajan
Europe and Asia
Shirouma
Dromoda
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

(Rejected) Repeal of Divide by 10 Rule Empty (Rejected) Repeal of Divide by 10 Rule

Post  Dromoda Mon May 12, 2014 4:31 pm

Re:Repeal of the divide by 10 rule.

we believe that the divide by 10 rule causes more trouble than good and that in this alternative universe where our world bigger than earth still can provide for all of us and where the NS tracker already toke care in how big our army's can get.

we see no need for this law and only see it as a problem in the world alliance that should be solved.
Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

(Rejected) Repeal of Divide by 10 Rule Empty Re: (Rejected) Repeal of Divide by 10 Rule

Post  Shirouma Mon May 12, 2014 6:31 pm

The only person that always had a problem with it is you Dromoda. I'm sorry but I don't see any reason why I would support this.
Shirouma
Shirouma
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

(Rejected) Repeal of Divide by 10 Rule Empty Re: (Rejected) Repeal of Divide by 10 Rule

Post  Dromoda Mon May 12, 2014 7:08 pm

Shirouma wrote:The only person that always had a problem with it is you Dromoda. I'm sorry but I don't see any reason why I would support this.

it is not my problem that you can't see it.
Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Mon May 12, 2014 7:14 pm

Dromoda wrote:
Shirouma wrote:The only person that always had a problem with it is you Dromoda. I'm sorry but I don't see any reason why I would support this.

it is not my problem that you can't see it.

Actually it is, because you need support of parliament members to pass a law. And you're the only one who wants it repealed.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Mon May 12, 2014 7:29 pm

I have to agree with Shirouma, Dromoda.
The divide-per-ten rule has been, until now, the only rule enforcing some kind of realism in the RP.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Mon May 12, 2014 7:37 pm

i dont like the Divide by 10 rule but i think it  is necessary
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_empire_of_ireland

Back to top Go down

(Rejected) Repeal of Divide by 10 Rule Empty Official Debate

Post  Kaevi Mon May 12, 2014 9:55 pm

The first official debate term has begun, with an expiration at 00:00 GMT on May 15, 2014.
Parliament members are discouraged to voice their final vote during a debate term.

Once the debate period expires, the voting period will start immediately at 00:00 GMT on May 15, 2014. The voting period will last three days, as required by Article V of the latest World Alliance Constitution. This period will end on May 18, 2014 at 00:00 GMT.

A debate term may be renewed twice by one of two options: three parliament member requests along with approval from the Speaker or seven parliament member requests with approval from the President.

The Speaker reserves the right to dismiss any proposal deemed "not interesting" by the parliament by asking the parliament for a dismissal. This period may last 24 hours and if no parliament member objects, the proposal may be removed from the floor.
Kaevi
Kaevi
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

(Rejected) Repeal of Divide by 10 Rule Empty Fianl Vote

Post  Kaevi Thu May 15, 2014 9:10 am

The first debate term has expired and the voting period will now begin. It shall end at 00:00 GMT on May 18, 2014. All parliament members are encouraged to voice their final vote of either agree, abstain, or against within the three day voting period.
Kaevi
Kaevi
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaevi Thu May 15, 2014 9:18 am

ABSTAIN

Reason: Kaevi lacks a military and wishes to remain neutral. Therefore, Kaevi abstains from this vote as the nation does not feel it is competent on this matter.
Kaevi
Kaevi
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Thu May 15, 2014 1:14 pm

The Social Democracy votes AGAINST
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=new-zealand

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Thu May 15, 2014 7:11 pm

The Kingdom of New Tarajan votes AGAINST.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Thu May 15, 2014 7:44 pm

Eurussia is in favor.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  Texania Thu May 15, 2014 9:20 pm

Favor
Texania
Texania
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Shirouma Fri May 16, 2014 12:00 am

Against
Shirouma
Shirouma
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Zackalantis Fri May 16, 2014 12:04 am

UKZ votes Against
Zackalantis
Zackalantis
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Husqvarnia Fri May 16, 2014 4:54 am

Husqvarnia votes in favour.
Husqvarnia
Husqvarnia
Recognized State

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=husqvarnia

Back to top Go down

Post  Arveyres Fri May 16, 2014 6:12 am

We vote against.
Arveyres
Arveyres
Potential World Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=holy_patrician_states

Back to top Go down

Post  Dromoda Fri May 16, 2014 6:47 am

in favour.
Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  The Catham Islands Fri May 16, 2014 7:30 am

We vote against
The Catham Islands
The Catham Islands
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  The Catham Islands Fri May 16, 2014 7:33 am

Kaevi wrote:ABSTAIN

Reason: Kaevi lacks a military and wishes to remain neutral. Therefore, Kaevi abstains from this vote as the nation does not feel it is competent on this matter.
I wasn't aware that the speaker was allowed to vote anyway. Or has that rule changed since I was last in parliament?
The Catham Islands
The Catham Islands
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaevi Fri May 16, 2014 7:43 am

The Catham Islands wrote:

I wasn't aware that the speaker was allowed to vote anyway. Or has that rule changed since I was last in parliament?

I haven't found a rule saying that I can't vote and previous speakers have voted. Also, I was elected to the parliament, so I am entitled to a vote as any other MP.
Kaevi
Kaevi
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Fri May 16, 2014 9:41 am

The Catham Islands wrote:

Of course the Speaker can vote.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  The Catham Islands Fri May 16, 2014 10:08 pm

Well then please forgive me. I have not been an MP for long but know from my country that the Speaker cannot vote on legislation.
The Catham Islands
The Catham Islands
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Fri May 16, 2014 10:22 pm

The Catham Islands wrote:Well then please forgive me. I have not been an MP for long but know from my country that the Speaker cannot vote on legislation.

For what I know, the Speaker is free to vote on legislation.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Fri May 16, 2014 10:25 pm

The Catham Islands wrote:Well then please forgive me. I have not been an MP for long but know from my country that the Speaker cannot vote on legislation.

It is okay!
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next