World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Dismissed) WA Inter-Regional Commission Act

+3
Shirouma
Great Eurussia
Kaevi
7 posters

Go down

(Dismissed) WA Inter-Regional Commission Act Empty (Dismissed) WA Inter-Regional Commission Act

Post  Kaevi Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:03 am

WA Inter-Regional Commission Act
Authored by Kaevi, Speaker of Parliament, Member of the Communist Party

Knowing that we live in a global society and that we may no longer be able to ignore the World Alliance’s growing world influence, this act aims to create a sustainable way to manage inter-regional affairs.

—————

Section 1 - Background

Article A: Defines “inter-regional affairs” as activities of governance that retain some effect between regions of the NationStates community.

Article B: Names the region known as the World Alliance as the home of the World Alliance government and diplomatic inter-regional affairs.

Section 2 - Inter-Regional Commission

Article A: This act shall create the Inter-Regional Commission. This body shall have a head commissioner known as the Chairman, accompanied by two associate commissioners.

Article B: Members of the Inter-Regional Commission shall be elected collectively by Parliament vote upon nomination by any member of Parliament. The vote session may last one week and requires a simple majority. The elected individuals may hold two terms that last two parliament sessions. If no other nation wishes to run for a post after the term limit of a nation has been reached, the nation(s) that held the previous seats may be allowed to seek reelection. Any nation, except those in the Court of Justice, will be allowed to run for these seats.

Article C: The elected members shall immediately vote for the Chairman by simple majority of members of the Inter-Regional Commission.

Article D:The Council shall declare a seat vacant by simple majority, or if a nation  resigns, and the Paliament will vote for a nation to fill that seat. Members may not regain a lost seat unless they are reelected into the next term and did not hold the seat for at least 51% of the full term.

Article E: The Inter-Regional Commission may not advertise the World Alliance region or offsite forums on another region’s regional chat (unless the Founder/ WA Delegate of the region in question allows) and may not open threads on the NationStates forums under a similar purpose unless given approval by the Council.

Article F: The Inter-Regional Commission’s function is to promote the region and act as the reponsible body in handling inter-regional relations. Any other actions, via majority vote by the Commission, are subject to a 48 hour review of the Court of Justice if their actions won't be detrimantal to the interests of the region in accordance to the Constitution and existing laws. If the Court has not rejected their actions, well their decision may be implemented. The Court may review any previous decision by the Commission and strike down if necessary.

Section 3 - Other Rights and Duties

Article A: The Inter-Regional Commission’s home shall be in a new sub-forum called "Inter-Regional Affairs" and shall have a similar format as the Council and Parliament sub-forums.

Article B: The Inter-Regional Commission must follow the World Alliance Constitution and laws at all times, even when performing duties outside of the World Alliance.

Last edited by Kaevi on Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Kaevi
Kaevi
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) WA Inter-Regional Commission Act Empty Official Debate

Post  Kaevi Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:04 am

The first official debate term has begun, with an expiration at 00:00 GMT on June 5, 2014.
Votes cast during a debate term will not be counted. The voting period will begin at 00:00 GMT on June 5, 2014 and will last three days.

A debate term may be renewed twice by one of two options: three parliament member requests along with approval from the Speaker or seven parliament member requests with approval from the President.

The Speaker reserves the right to dismiss any proposal deemed "not interesting" by the parliament by asking the parliament for a dismissal. This period may last 24 hours and if no parliament member objects, the proposal may be removed from the floor.
Kaevi
Kaevi
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) WA Inter-Regional Commission Act Empty Re: (Dismissed) WA Inter-Regional Commission Act

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:08 am

@Kaevi, before I look into the contents, can I ask for you to change the title into "WA Inter-Regional Commission"???
Some sort of that? Thanks.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) WA Inter-Regional Commission Act Empty Re: (Dismissed) WA Inter-Regional Commission Act

Post  Kaevi Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:12 am

Great Eurussia wrote:@Kaevi, before I look into the contents, can I ask for you to change the title into "WA Inter-Regional Commission"???

Done!
Kaevi
Kaevi
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Shirouma Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:37 am

I am thinking, do we really need this? What was good with World Alliance was that we always kept to ourselves, didn't bother with raiding other regions or liberating them, I think we should just keep things as they are right now.
Shirouma
Shirouma
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:39 am

I am against this. I agree with Shirouma we are better off by ourselves.Secluded from the problems of NationStates
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_empire_of_ireland

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaevi Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:09 am

Shirouma wrote:I am thinking, do we really need this? What was good with World Alliance was that we always kept to ourselves, didn't bother with raiding other regions or liberating them, I think we should just keep things as they are right now.

Thankfully, with this act we would continue to to not be militarily active toward other nations as the IRC is forbidden from performing such an act. If you believe the commission should not be able to exchange aid and primarily act as a regional representative for exchanging embassies (and other activities of the sort), I can understand where you're coming from and would be willing to make a change to the proposal. This agency wouldn't really be able to reach out to other regions and would mainly act as a receiver for foreign bodies.
Kaevi
Kaevi
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:45 am

Kaevi wrote:
Shirouma wrote:I am thinking, do we really need this? What was good with World Alliance was that we always kept to ourselves, didn't bother with raiding other regions or liberating them, I think we should just keep things as they are right now.

Thankfully, with this act we would continue to to not be militarily active toward other nations as the IRC is forbidden from performing such an act. If you believe the commission should not be able to exchange aid and primarily act as a regional representative for exchanging embassies (and other activities of the sort), I can understand where you're coming from and would be willing to make a change to the proposal. This agency wouldn't really be able to reach out to other regions and would mainly act as a receiver for foreign bodies.

Indeed. This body will not be a proactive one. It will just be a reactionary Commission for requests we are rceiving. So at least we are attending to inter-regional politics that may benefit us in the long run nor reject those who doesn't suit our tastes.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:45 am

Kaevi wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:@Kaevi, before I look into the contents, can I ask for you to change the title into "WA Inter-Regional Commission"???

Done!

Thank you! Like it better!
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:34 pm

Kaevi wrote:
Article C:Defines “war” as the NationStates equivalent of moving mass numbers of nations into another region in the attempt to overthrow leadership of the region.

I think we should not go this far. I do suggest we drop this for the time being???

Article A: This act shall create the Inter-Regional Commission. This body shall have a head commissioner known as the Messenger General accompanied by two associate commissioners.

I do suggest that instead of a Messenger General, the leader of the Commission should be a CHAIRMAN.

Article B: Members of the Inter-Regional Commission shall be elected by popular vote upon nomination by any member of Parliament. The popular vote session may last one week and requires a simple majority in order to name a victor. The elected individuals may hold two terms that last two parliament sessions. If no other nation wishes to run for a post after the term limit of a nation has been reached, the nation(s) that held the previous seats may be allowed to seek reelection. Any nation, regardless of government seat held, will be allowed to run for these seats.

Since the Commission deals for the mean time with inter-regional matters, I suggest that they should be nominated and dismissed as a collective body where of course they will all be elected by the WA Parliament but the Council (as the executive) is the only body that can dismiss them anytime. Hence, another round of election. 
Also, I think the members of the Commission should not be part of the Court, Council, and Parliament??? Or it doesn't matter?

Article C: The elected members shall immediately vote for the Messenger General by simple majority of members of the Inter-Regional Commission.

Suggest to be changed accordingly.

Article D: If any member of the Inter-Regional Commission resigns or has not been active for at least 40 days, the Council shall elect a nation to fill the vacant seat until the end of the term. Members may not regain a lost seat unless they are reelected into the next term and did not hold the seat for at least 51% of the full term.

As per my suggestion, for grounds of inactivity or resignation, the Council may declare those seats as vacant thus can be filled in by Parliament???

Article E: The Inter-Regional Commission is not allowed to declare war on another region under any circumstances. The Inter-Regional Commission may only act in defense in cooperation with the Council and Parliament to ensure the stability of the region.

I suggest we not go this far yet.

Article F: The Inter-Regional Commission may not advertise the World Alliance region or offsite forums on another region’s regional chat and may not open threads on the NationStates forums under a similar purpose.

I think they should even be tasked the promote our region provided that their activities won't violate any rules.

Article G: The Inter-Regional Commission’s function is to manage inquiries, assist in establishing embassies, keep a public journal of activities, guide foreign ambassadors, establish alliances, donate or receive humanitarian assistance with approval from the World Alliance Humanitarian Organization, proclaim declarations of friendship, and to respond to a region’s foreign administrator. The Messenger General shall be the receiver of such telegrams or private messages and must have his/her contact information on the regional factbook. The Messenger General must then bring the message(s) to the associate commissioners for a vote on the matter. If approved, the decision(s) shall be placed into a two-week block of decisions that will be sent to the Court of Justice for final approval. With the verdict by the Court of Justice, the Messenger General shall report back to the region in question with feedback. As long as a provision has no effect on the rights, security, or stability of World Alliance and its members, the Inter-Regional Commission may not seek Parliament or Council approval if the Court of Justice permits such an action.

I think we should simply define their functions as to promote the region and act as the reponsible body in handling inter-regional relations. And all of their actions, via majority vote, are subject to a 24 hour review of the Court of Justice if their actions won't be detrimantal to the interests of the region in accordance to the Constitution and existing laws. If the Court has not rejected their actions, well their decision may be implemented.

Article H: The Inter-Regional Commission is subject to audits by the Court of Justice at any time, which has the power to strike down any previous inter-regional decision at any moment. In the case of a strike-down, the Messenger General is obligated to notify the region or regions to which the agreement involved

I think I have addressed this above?

Article A: The Inter-Regional Commission’s home shall be in the “External Affairs” section of the World Alliance forum under a thread named “First Inter-Regional Commission”. Subsequent commissions may be named in a similar fashion (Second, Fifth, Thirty-First…).

No, they must have their own sub-forum :-)

Article B....

I think this has been addressed by my suggestion.

Article C....

Indeed.

Article D: All provisions that are deemed to have direct effect on the members of the World Alliance by the Court of Justice must go before a parliament vote in a similar fashion as a standard proposal and must be proposed by a member of parliament.

No need based on my suggestion?

Article E:
The powers of the Inter-Regional Commission may be expanded to host any such activities the Parliament deems necessary for the Inter-Regional Commission to function.

I think we have defined their functions?
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaevi Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:47 am

This response has been put into spoiler form to save space. Also, members of parliament should note that I have edited the proposal (or will in good time) by this point. I apologize for being late.

Spoiler:

The parliament should review this proposal once more due the to changes that have taken place and make sure that they have a good understanding of this proposal before it goes to a vote.
Kaevi
Kaevi
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) WA Inter-Regional Commission Act Empty Voting Period

Post  Kaevi Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:40 am

The first debate term has expired and the voting period will now begin. It shall end at 00:00 GMT on June 8, 2014. All parliament members are encouraged to voice their final vote of either agree, abstain, or against within the three day voting period.
Kaevi
Kaevi
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaevi Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:41 am

AGREE
Kaevi
Kaevi
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Texania Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:36 am

Against
Texania
Texania
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:38 am

Against
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_empire_of_ireland

Back to top Go down

Post  Shirouma Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:42 am

Against!
Shirouma
Shirouma
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) WA Inter-Regional Commission Act Empty Eurussian Vote

Post  Great Eurussia Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:53 am

Kaevi wrote:
WA Inter-Regional Commission Act
Authored by Kaevi, Speaker of Parliament, Member of the Communist Party

Knowing that we live in a global society and that we may no longer be able to ignore the World Alliance’s growing world influence, this act aims to create a sustainable way to manage inter-regional affairs.

—————

Section 1 - Background

Article A: Defines “inter-regional affairs” as activities of governance that retain some effect between regions of the NationStates community.

Article B: Names the region known as the World Alliance as the home of the World Alliance government and diplomatic inter-regional affairs.

Article A: This act shall create the Inter-Regional Commission. This body shall have a head commissioner known as the Chairman, accompanied by two associate commissioners.

Article B: Members of the Inter-Regional Commission shall be elected collectively by Parliament vote upon nomination by any member of Parliament. The vote session may last one week and requires a simple majority. The elected individuals may hold two terms that last two parliament sessions. If no other nation wishes to run for a post after the term limit of a nation has been reached, the nation(s) that held the previous seats may be allowed to seek reelection. Any nation, except those in the Court of Justice, will be allowed to run for these seats.

Article C: The elected members shall immediately vote for the Chairman by simple majority of members of the Inter-Regional Commission.

Article D:The Council shall declare a seat vacant by simple majority, or if a nation  resigns, and the Paliament will vote for a nation to fill that seat. Members may not regain a lost seat unless they are reelected into the next term and did not hold the seat for at least 51% of the full term.

Article E: The Inter-Regional Commission may not advertise the World Alliance region or offsite forums on another region’s regional chat (unless the Founder/ WA Delegate of the region in question allows) and may not open threads on the NationStates forums under a similar purpose unless given approval by the Council.

Article F: The Inter-Regional Commission’s function is to promote the region and act as the reponsible body in handling inter-regional relations. Any other actions, via majority vote by the Commission, are subject to a 48 hour review of the Court of Justice if their actions won't be detrimantal to the interests of the region in accordance to the Constitution and existing laws. If the Court has not rejected their actions, well their decision may be implemented. The Court may review any previous decision by the Commission and strike down if necessary.

Article A: The Inter-Regional Commission’s home shall be in a new sub-forum called "Inter-Regional Affairs" and shall have a similar format as the Council and Parliament sub-forums.

Article B: The Inter-Regional Commission must follow the World Alliance Constitution and laws at all times, even when performing duties outside of the World Alliance.

Thank you Kaevi. I do believe there is nothing to be against, but I do respect those who oppose. In anyway, Eurussia votes in favour.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:12 pm

IN FAVOUR
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Zackalantis Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:51 pm

UKZ votes AGAINST
Zackalantis
Zackalantis
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) WA Inter-Regional Commission Act Empty Results

Post  Kaevi Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:36 am

The voting session is now over. Seven votes were cast out of the required amount of eleven in order for a proposal to pass. For insufficient votes, this proposal has not passed and shall be considered dismissed. The Speaker thanks the Third Parliament for its cooperation.

The Speaker asks the Secretary General to mark this proposal as "Dismissed".
Kaevi
Kaevi
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:37 pm

Kaevi wrote:

The voting session is now over. Seven votes were cast out of the required amount of eleven in order for a proposal to pass. For insufficient votes, this proposal has not passed and shall be considered dismissed. The Speaker thanks the Third Parliament for its cooperation.

The Speaker asks the Secretary General to mark this proposal as "Dismissed".

Ohhh, this is so sad. I think we need to refile it?
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down