World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(RA) Roman Alliance

+7
The Kingdom of Ontenburg
Apepistan
New Roma Republic
Great Eurussia
Xolox
New Rhodinia
The Holy Empire of Artite
11 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

(RA) Roman Alliance - Page 3 Empty Re: (RA) Roman Alliance

Post  New Rhodinia Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:06 pm

The Kingdom of Ontenburg wrote:HI what's up felles Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Welcome welcome! If you're looking to become either a full member or observer, check the first post that houses the application form. Fill it out and I'll get back to you on it.
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  The Holy Empire of Artite Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:29 pm

New Rhodinia wrote:I've looked around for some better names and the best one I came up with is "Mercury's Highway".

I like it, I am looking forward to getting this project underway.
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:59 pm

Apepistan wrote:
VIA ROMA

(RA) Roman Alliance - Page 3 Viarom10

Greetings!

The United Kingdoms of Apepistan would like to propose the Roman Alliance a rather big project. Now that our countries finally have common borders, an international railways system could greatly increase our trade, boosting our economy. This would go from Rofinta through New Ostia to Konzbator. Obviously, we do not request the replanning of the capital cities, but it would be crucial that the new railways would be built as close to the main centers of the nations as possible. The railway system would be called Via Roma, but the name is naturally up for discussion, but it should represent the Roman Alliance.

On the map you see I/A, I/B, II/A, II/B, and III/A, III/B. These are, in our opinion, the zones where the exact position of the railway is in question. "A" always refers to the nothern option, "B" always refers to the southern option.

At I., it's questionable because building a railway through the Artizian desert in Option "B" could be time and money consuming, not even speaking about maintenance, but it clearly iss shorter than Option "A".

At II., it depends on New Rhodinia, Option "A" goes through the island of New Ostia, Option "B" goes around it. The choice that would be more efficient should be followed.

At III., Option "A" is longer, but would boost the economy more, because it would connect the railway to the ports of Apepistan, and would be built through easily passable terrain. Option "B"  is shorter, but goes through the mountain of the Apopic basin, and the dense forestlands around it. It also connects less industrial and economical centers to the railway.

Alternatively, we could build a highway aswell next to the railway.

As an observer to the Roman Alliance, Eurussia wishes to join the international undertaking by way of providing additional funds and engineering expertise due to our extensive railway system and our overseas investment projects. The Eurussian Railways, in behalf of Eurussian Government, will participate in the program as a corporate entity, if accepted and approved by the Roman Alliance.

With utmost due respect to the RA, we suggest to name the project as "VIA ARCADIA" since it will, anyway, in the future, connect all nations of the continent.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:44 am

Great Eurussia wrote:
Apepistan wrote:
VIA ROMA

(RA) Roman Alliance - Page 3 Viarom10

Greetings!

The United Kingdoms of Apepistan would like to propose the Roman Alliance a rather big project. Now that our countries finally have common borders, an international railways system could greatly increase our trade, boosting our economy. This would go from Rofinta through New Ostia to Konzbator. Obviously, we do not request the replanning of the capital cities, but it would be crucial that the new railways would be built as close to the main centers of the nations as possible. The railway system would be called Via Roma, but the name is naturally up for discussion, but it should represent the Roman Alliance.

On the map you see I/A, I/B, II/A, II/B, and III/A, III/B. These are, in our opinion, the zones where the exact position of the railway is in question. "A" always refers to the nothern option, "B" always refers to the southern option.

At I., it's questionable because building a railway through the Artizian desert in Option "B" could be time and money consuming, not even speaking about maintenance, but it clearly iss shorter than Option "A".

At II., it depends on New Rhodinia, Option "A" goes through the island of New Ostia, Option "B" goes around it. The choice that would be more efficient should be followed.

At III., Option "A" is longer, but would boost the economy more, because it would connect the railway to the ports of Apepistan, and would be built through easily passable terrain. Option "B"  is shorter, but goes through the mountain of the Apopic basin, and the dense forestlands around it. It also connects less industrial and economical centers to the railway.

Alternatively, we could build a highway aswell next to the railway.

As an observer to the Roman Alliance, Eurussia wishes to join the international undertaking by way of providing additional funds and engineering expertise due to our extensive railway system and our overseas investment projects. The Eurussian Railways, in behalf of Eurussian Government, will participate in the program as a corporate entity, if accepted and approved by the Roman Alliance.
With utmost due respect to the RA, we suggest to name the project as "VIA ARCADIA" since it will, anyway, in the future, connect all nations of the continent.

We'll gladly accept any funding you may have for the project, but just as an understanding, this is an RA project and not one for outsourced corporations. I'd prefer it if the majority of the planning and development was done by RA members, but you may assist as necessary.

Assuming we expand our numbers across to other continents, "Via Arcadia" may not be the most encompassing title. It works for now as all member states reside in Arcadia, but are we willing to keep it if we do get more member states?
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  The Holy Empire of Artite Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:58 am

I do not know, I like the fact that the RA is based on one continent, it provides more of a secure feeling.
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:06 am

The Holy Empire of Artite wrote:I do not know, I like the fact that the RA is based on one continent, it provides more of a secure feeling.

Sure, but I'm always thinking about if we gather new members or if our borders fill all of Arcadia and expand beyond the continent. What then?
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Apepistan Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:14 am

Let us not get too carried away from the current topic.

The United Kingdoms of Apepistan will start working out the plans to connect the Mercury's Highway to our national railway system, and will post a map as soon as it's done.

Since it is a project that will benefit all of the Roman Alliance, I think we should disregard the railway ratio per nation. Eurussia also wished to contribute, but I agree that it should be majorly done by the RA members. Therefore we propose the following portioning of the financial part:

New Rhodinia: 30%
Artite: 30%
Apepistan: 30%
Eurussia: 10%

Apepistan
Apepistan
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:10 am

Apepistan wrote:Let us not get too carried away from the current topic.

The United Kingdoms of Apepistan will start working out the plans to connect the Mercury's Highway to our national railway system, and will post a map as soon as it's done.

Since it is a project that will benefit all of the Roman Alliance, I think we should disregard the railway ratio per nation. Eurussia also wished to contribute, but I agree that it should be majorly done by the RA members. Therefore we propose the following portioning of the financial part:

That sounds like a perfect financial split. It works well that we have only three members Smile

Now, how much money total is it going to cost? Is there anything else that's necessary to build these railways?
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Apepistan Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:56 am

New Rhodinia wrote:

That sounds like a perfect financial split. It works well that we have only three members Smile

Now, how much money total is it going to cost? Is there anything else that's necessary to build these railways?

OOC: http://www.railway-technical.com/finance.shtml#Published This site could provide some insight on railway costs. I tried to measure the distance with the World Alliance Map, approx: 12-13.000 km. Counting with the Haikou-Sanya, China 2010 High Speed line -$10 million for308 km; it'll be approximately 433 million $.
Apepistan
Apepistan
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:19 am

Apepistan wrote:
New Rhodinia wrote:

OOC: http://www.railway-technical.com/finance.shtml#Published This site could provide some insight on railway costs. I tried to measure the distance with the World Alliance Map, approx: 12-13.000 km.  Counting with the Haikou-Sanya, China 2010 High Speed line -$10 million for308 km; it'll be approximately 433 million $.

OOC: And if I did the calculations correctly (and assuming $433 million is the cost for your railways), my cost would be $909 million due to how horizontal we are. So this could almost easily reach $2 billion total.
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Apepistan Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:24 am

New Rhodinia wrote:
OOC: And if I did the calculations correctly (and assuming $433 million is the cost for your railways), my cost would be $909 million due to how horizontal we are. So this could almost easily reach $2 billion total.

OOC: No, I didn't calculate horizontally. I tried to calculate as accurate to the route as possible. It would be $433 overall. 2010 value of US dollar.
Apepistan
Apepistan
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:36 am

OOC: So the split costs would turn out as $129.9 million per member state and $43.3 million for Eurussian corporate. We can easily pay for it all.
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Apepistan Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:48 am

New Rhodinia wrote:OOC: So the split costs would turn out as $129.9 million per member state and $43.3 million for Eurussian corporate. We can easily pay for it all.

OOC: Exactly. Phew, this was an OOC discussion longer than expected, but somehow we needed to discuss or relate to the cost. Very Happy Come to think of it, how does currency even work? I mean the whole inflation and things like that. Do we have a way to count that from the NS statistics?
Apepistan
Apepistan
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:59 am

Apepistan wrote:
New Rhodinia wrote:OOC: So the split costs would turn out as $129.9 million per member state and $43.3 million for Eurussian corporate. We can easily pay for it all.

OOC: Exactly. Phew, this was an OOC discussion longer than expected, but somehow we needed to discuss or relate to the cost. Very Happy Come to think of it, how does currency even work? I mean the whole inflation and things like that. Do we have a way to count that from the NS statistics?

OOC: The tracker website gives you currency exchange between your currency and the US dollar. Here's the currency exchange calcs because why not:

New Rhodinia: $68.847 million
Apepistan: $79.239 million
Artite: $102.621 million
Eurussia: $24.248 million
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Apepistan Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:08 am

It is settled then. The rate contribution will be the following according to the 30-30-30-10% ratio:

New Rhodinia: $68.847 million
Apepistan: $79.239 million
Artite: $102.621 million
Eurussia: $24.248 million
Apepistan
Apepistan
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:18 pm

Apepistan wrote:Let us not get too carried away from the current topic.

Eurussia agrees to this financial commitment. In the name of the Eurussian Railways, a private corporate and for-profit entity, we are hopeful for the success of this international project and the stable return of our investments in the long run.
We suggest to form the 'Via Arcadia Corporation' if you wish to, since it will be single entity which will manage the project and its operations divided accordingly to the agreed commitments above as suggested by Apepistan.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  Apepistan Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:14 am

Here are the plans for the railway project in the parts of Apepistan:

Blue: R.A. Railways
Light blue: United Railways (national)
Baby blue: Royal Railways (regional)
Orange: Main industrial and trade hubs

(RA) Roman Alliance - Page 3 Apepis10

As you can see, it will connect into both the regional railway system that connects the coastal cities together, and will go join and expand the railway connecting the capital city, Konzbator, while also connecting to the railway system transporting the goods of the northern north-western industrial regions.
Apepistan
Apepistan
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:59 am

Here is our projected plan for the Highway in New Rhodinia:

(RA) Roman Alliance - Page 3 D7108205531f09f213360bdacdc56c86

Black: Main route
Blue: Provincial extensions
Red: Local roads

We will also be establishing new cities as trade hubs along the main route to boost economic flow.
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Apepistan Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:21 pm

Can we set an estimated date of completion on this project?
Apepistan
Apepistan
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:56 am

For New Rhodinia's workforce, we can estimate the completion of the Highway in about a month. However, if the frustration surrounding the adoption of Livia into the Maximus family continues, we may have delays up to half a year.
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  The Holy Empire of Artite Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:14 am

That is fairly acceptable to the Empire. We are slowly making our way towards the Rhodinian border and wish to symbolically drive the last rail spike together with your workers Rhodinia.
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Apepistan Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:15 am

The Apopic part is almost done by now, since ours is the shortest way. We'll gladly send the workers over to New Rhodinia to continue on the part coming from Apepistan.
Apepistan
Apepistan
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Xolox Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:44 am

Is the Roman Alliance still taking members on?
Xolox
Xolox
Regional Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=xolox

Back to top Go down

Post  Apepistan Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:16 am

Xolox wrote:Is the Roman Alliance still taking members on?

Yes, most definitely.
Apepistan
Apepistan
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Xolox Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:39 am

Xolox would like to put in a request for membership.
Xolox
Xolox
Regional Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=xolox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum