World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Dismissed) North Korreaan Removal Petition

+8
New Rhodinia
Kingdom of Ireland
chivalry
Ebsotz
DPRNK
The Holy Empire of Artite
Great Eurussia
UnitedStatesOfScouting
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

(Dismissed) North Korreaan Removal Petition Empty (Dismissed) North Korreaan Removal Petition

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:24 pm

This resolution is not based on any current laws. This is a proposal to remove North Korreaa from the WASC on a few grounds.

• Repeated Inactivity, usually gone between 7-9 days without any notice of any kind. Magically re-appears when WA Accountability Act is attempted on the DPRK.
  • While the government of e DPRK may exist, they now hold no land or claims of any kind as multiple nations have invaded and captured their territory. They cannot be expected to accurately represent nations if they cannot prevent their own destruction.
  • The DPRK has accused the WASC of conspiring against the DPRK and as such voted against all pending resolutions and laws in order to "protest" the conspiracy, which is harmful to the region as it can make it more difficult to pass legislation when a delegate is voting against everything.

I feel that it is the responsibility of the WASC to govern itself and remove defunct delegates. Please feel free to provide input, claims, evidence, etc on this matter as I believe this is the first resolution of its kind.

Last edited by UnitedStatesOfScouting on Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=scouting

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) North Korreaan Removal Petition Empty Re: (Dismissed) North Korreaan Removal Petition

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:32 pm

UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) North Korreaan Removal Petition Empty NOTICE

Post  Great Eurussia Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:37 am

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:This resolution is not based on any current laws. This is a proposal to remove North Korreaa from the WASC on a few grounds.

• Repeated Inactivity, usually gone between 7-9 days without any notice of any kind. Magically re-appears when WA Accountability Act is attempted on the DPRK.
  • While the government of e DPRK may exist, they now hold no land or claims of any kind as multiple nations have invaded and captured their territory. They cannot be expected to accurately represent nations if they cannot prevent their own destruction.
  • The DPRK has accused the WASC of conspiring against the DPRK and as such voted against all pending resolutions and laws in order to "protest" the conspiracy, which is harmful to the region as it can make it more difficult to pass legislation when a delegate is voting against everything.

I feel that it is the responsibility of the WASC to govern itself and remove defunct delegates. Please feel free to provide input, claims, evidence, etc on this matter as I believe this is the first resolution of its kind.

The Security Council hereby discusses the suggestion of the United States of Scouting on the status of membership of North Korreaa to the Security Council. We urge the North Korreaan Government to express their opinion to the Security Council.

This is an open discussion.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) North Korreaan Removal Petition Empty Re: (Dismissed) North Korreaan Removal Petition

Post  Great Eurussia Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:53 am

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:This resolution is not based on any current laws. This is a proposal to remove North Korreaa from the WASC on a few grounds.

Thus, we should craft a proposal to lay the grounds for removing member states of the Security Council by the will of the Security Council itself.

While the government of e DPRK may exist, they now hold no land or claims of any kind as multiple nations have invaded and captured their territory. They cannot be expected to accurately represent nations if they cannot prevent their own destruction.

Despite the fact that the Eurussian Government has no diplomatic representation in North Korreaa due to previous tensions, our government maintains a Treaty of Friendship with the DPRK recognizing the sovereignty of the country. And as such, our participation to help in establishing peace and stability in a certain portion of North Korreaa is temporary and will cease until the DPRK establishes a democratic government.

And for this matter, we urge the government of Supreme Leader Kim Jongun, which we believe is currently under the protection of the Great Empire of Xolox, to reach out to the Security Council for the sake of the Korreaan nation. 

The DPRK has accused the WASC of conspiring against the DPRK and as such voted against all pending resolutions and laws in order to "protest" the conspiracy, which is harmful to the region as it can make it more difficult to pass legislation when a delegate is voting against everything.

Eurussia believes that we may be against the positions of the DPRK Government, it is still their sovereign right to exercise their will before the Security Council.

Indeed. As such, we cannot enforce an international resolution without a basis under international laws, and forcefully doing so, would be even be dangerous as a bad precedent for the Security Council. Thus, we need to craft laws regarding this matter.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:56 am

China China wrote:China China support Security Council and friends to invade DPRK and free people of Suprme Leader Kim Jong Un.

This is not an invasion. This is a petition to remove the DPRK from the security council.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  The Holy Empire of Artite Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:21 pm

China China wrote:China China support Security Council and friends to invade DPRK and free people of Suprme Leader Kim Jong Un.

he is trying to suck up to the Security Council and brown nose you all. He hasn't got a clue what is going on, he is scared that he will share the same fate as North Korreaa and he should. Disgusting that such a representative such as China China still remains on the Security Council.
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:35 pm

The Holy Empire of Artite wrote:

he is trying to suck up to the Security Council and brown nose you all. He hasn't got a clue what is going on, he is scared that he will share the same fate as North Korreaa and he should. Disgusting that such a representative such as China China still remains on the Security Council.

After the removal of the DPRK from the security council I will be attempting to pass guidelines for future removals.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  DPRNK Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:06 am

Against. DPRK criticize this grand conspiracy.
DPRNK
DPRNK
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  The Holy Empire of Artite Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:48 am

Let the DPRK rot, but don't let their infectious corrupted disease spread to the only good thing this region has to offer and that is the Security Council.

KICK NORTH KORREAA OUT.
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebsotz Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:02 pm

REMOVE NORTH KORREAA!
Ebsotz
Ebsotz
Powerbroker

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=ebsotz

Back to top Go down

Post  chivalry Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:42 pm

before i make my decision I wold like to hear from North Korreaa.
chivalry
chivalry
Emerging Powerbroker

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_republic_of_chivalry

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Ireland Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:38 pm

We support this
Kingdom of Ireland
Kingdom of Ireland
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:29 pm

With DPRK's recent attempt to expand west and east, it's clear that their government is incompetent, as they fail to realize reality. I couldn't understand why any nation would like someone like this in the WASC.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  DPRNK Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:14 am

You cannot remove DPRK from Security Council. I work hard to get appointed here.
DPRNK
DPRNK
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  The Holy Empire of Artite Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:26 am

North Korreaa wrote:You cannot remove DPRK from Security Council. I work hard to get appointed here.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA what have you done that is remotely positive?
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:06 am

North Korreaa wrote:You cannot remove DPRK from Security Council. I work hard to get appointed here.

Where there's a will there's a way. Don't think you can do whatever you want and won't get kicked out.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:32 am

New Rhodinia is for this petition wherever it may lead. North Koreaa has been as active and just as China China has been, which is not at all. The only time they have responded to any kind of WASC action is if it somehow affects them and they only vote for the benefit of their own nation. And no: working hard to get your seat doesn't give you immunity to ejection and calling it a "grand conspiracy" doesn't help your argument.
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:32 am

Then why shouldn't we remove you from the SC?
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Xolox Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:38 am

Xolox is against this proposal.

•From what I've seen, he's active at least every 3 days. Usually every other day, and sometimes more. There are more than a few members that I have only seen post in the news once or twice, it would be wrong to single him out over this, and he's a lot more active than the ones I'm thinking of. The fact is, we don't have a huge pool of nations to choose council seats from. The council isn't even full yet! I strongly believe that the council needs to be reworked( based on activity, among other things) once we have a more active community, but now is not the time for that.
•There is a government in exile, and we are currently working on creating a successor state to it. I don't think all member states should necessarily be able to prevent their own destruction, as long as they can get out of it, like DPRK is beginning to. There are nations with a small or even nonexistent army. The interests of militarily challenged nations should be represented by a member of the council.
•It has been pretty harmless so far, his one vote has not majorly affected the outcomes of many laws. The Security Council decided to forgive and retain China China for nuking me and burning Articmania's capital. If China China was afforded a second chance for such heinous crimes, the same should be provided for North Korreaa.
Xolox
Xolox
Regional Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=xolox

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:46 am

Xolox wrote:Xolox is against this proposal.

•From what I've seen, he's active at least every 3 days. Usually every other day, and sometimes more. There are more than a few members that I have only seen post in the news once or twice, it would be wrong to single him out over this, and he's a lot more active than the ones I'm thinking of. The fact is, we don't have a huge pool of nations to choose council seats from. The council isn't even full yet! I strongly believe that the council needs to be reworked( based on activity, among other things) once we have a more active community, but now is not the time for that.
•There is a government in exile, and we are currently working on creating a successor state to it. I don't think all member states should necessarily be able to prevent their own destruction, as long as they can get out of it, like DPRK is beginning to. There are nations with a small or even nonexistent army. The interests of militarily challenged nations should be represented by a member of the council.
•It has been pretty harmless so far, his one vote has not majorly affected the outcomes of many laws. The Security Council decided to forgive and retain China China for nuking me and burning Articmania's capital. If China China was afforded a second chance for such heinous crimes, the same should be provided for North Korreaa.

Eurussia concurs with Xolox.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:35 pm

Xolox wrote:Xolox is against this proposal.

• You can clearly see that he has a history of inactivity, you said it yourself, he's off for several days at a time, plus if you look at the two times I tried to put the Accountability act on him, he's been gone 7-8 days those times. Also, are you saying that you would rather have some random nation who only logs on once or twice a week and isn't informed with what's going on rather than no nation at all? I personally would like no nation to be in a voting position if hey cannot stay informed or stay active enough to role play frequently. I see that all other members of the WASC are remaining active except the DPRK. Furthermore, I can understand if a nation issues a loa, this means that we, as a council are informed and we don't have to wait on the nation expecting an opinion or vote from them.
  • A government who cannot clean up at home, whatever the case may be, should not be in the WASC.
  • Quite frankly If that's the case and China china instigated it, I don't understand why you let him have a seat back on e council when our region is suppose to promote peace.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Scottlands Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:55 pm

Scottish Republic maintains neutrality.
Kingdom of Scottlands
Kingdom of Scottlands
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:31 pm

Xolox wrote:There are nations with a small or even nonexistent army. The interests of militarily challenged nations should be represented by a member of the council.

I'm militarily challenged myself; our budget couldn't be more anti military right now. In addition, according to the WA Roleplay Act, military is based on NS population divided by 10 which grows steadily and consistently regardless. Even if you say we need represenation for the lower populated nations, those very same nations will become bigger whether they want to or not and will no longer fit that requirement.
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarfian Federation Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:08 pm

I agree with Xolox, he deserves another chance otherwise it wouldn't be fair against DPRK because we gave China China another chance too
Snarfian Federation
Snarfian Federation
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:14 am

Snarfia wrote:I agree with Xolox, he deserves another chance otherwise it wouldn't be fair against DPRK because we gave China China another chance too

Read my reply to xolox before you make your decision please.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next