World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible Delegate Elections

2 posters

Go down

Possible Delegate Elections Empty Possible Delegate Elections

Post  Kingdom of Ireland Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:39 pm

While I am not a member of the WA i think it would be a good idea to have official WA delegate elections. I think this would make people think that the office of the Delegate is a stable one, it would let people think they have a say in the WA before a bill hits the floor, and it would let people that don't want to join the forums still be active in the government. Thoughts?
Kingdom of Ireland
Kingdom of Ireland
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Possible Delegate Elections Empty Re: Possible Delegate Elections

Post  Xolox Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:53 pm

There are already dynamic, ongoing WA elections, and they are exclusive to WA members for a reason. Why should a non-WA-member care who votes on a law that doesn't affect them? I know, as a WA-member, I would be pretty mad if people not affected by these laws choose who I have to endorse(who may have a different stance on things than I). The delegacy is stable, the office has been held consistently for 118 days. Were you looking for a different word? Like I said: people who should be concerned about having a say in the WA do have a say in the WA, they have the ability to choose who their delegate is by endorsing people who they like or are okay with representing them. If people want a say on the bill, just join the WA, and they can still be active in the government without joining the forums(If I must say it again, by joining the WA).

The position is functioning perfectly and as intended. You are just trying to complicate it.
Xolox
Xolox
Regional Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=xolox

Back to top Go down