World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Passed) WASC Secondary Seats Act

+8
New Rhodinia
Snarfian Federation
Great Eurussia
Kingdom of Ireland
DPRNK
Serenarea
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Muchos Estados Unidos
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

(Passed) WASC Secondary Seats Act - Page 2 Empty Re: (Passed) WASC Secondary Seats Act

Post  New Rhodinia Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:44 am

As is mine, apparently.
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

(Passed) WASC Secondary Seats Act - Page 2 Empty Re: (Passed) WASC Secondary Seats Act

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:45 am

Xolox wrote:My opinion on the law: The Security Council has already got too many disreputable, irresponsible, and generally unfit members. Do we want to potentially double the amount of trash that comes into what is supposed to be the respected authority of the WA? I don't think so. And why on Earth do we need so much representation? We'd still have some space if we filled every single position with a semi-active nation! If the WA don't need this representation now, don't pass it now! We'll use this when it's relevant! Also, what really seems like a bad idea is Section 6. I guess you're just SOL if your secondary seat holder and the author of a proposal are in a different time zone than you. I don't see the point of taking away Security Council members' primary responsibility in a law like this. A lot of people need time to mull over present arguments in the thread or to form their own decision. With this section, you're going to see a lot of people saving a spot to vote with an abstention, so they can change it later. Section 6 just really seems like a bad idea.

Please move these opinions to your appropriate WASC Continent thread if you wish to keep these posts. You have 6 Hours.

Furthermore, please keep in mind to hold a respectful manner towards members of the WASC. We are required to take in your input into considering our vote in matters, however this doesn't mean that we should be verbally assaulted. Thank You.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=scouting

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:46 am

New Rhodinia wrote:As is mine, apparently.

Thanks, still new to this. Working on setting up a personal system to prevent it from repeatedly happening.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Scottlands Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:00 pm

The Scottish Republic is a neutral country. But seeing the good intention of the proposal, I am in favour.
Kingdom of Scottlands
Kingdom of Scottlands
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  DPRNK Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:26 pm

Favor
DPRNK
DPRNK
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

(Passed) WASC Secondary Seats Act - Page 2 Empty Eurussian Vote

Post  Great Eurussia Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:09 pm

Eurussia is in favor.

We express appreciation for the nations that supported the landmark proposal for the interest of the Security Council and the future of the World Alliance. However, we express dismay over the decisions of Scouting, Serenarea, Russia, and New Rhodinia for not supporting the proposal but we do respect their views. On the other hand, we will be more than pleased to address further their doubts and apprehensions over the proposal which we have seen have no negative effect to the overall efficiency of the Security Council. 

Thank you.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:42 pm

After further consideration, we are in Favor of this proposal.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenarea Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:15 pm

Serenarea wrote:AGAINST.

After careful thought, although we disagree with some parts of the proposal, Serenarea moves to SUPPORT it.
Serenarea
Serenarea
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Ireland Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:55 pm

I want to ask Eurussia a question?

Would these seats have the same requirements as the primary seats?
Kingdom of Ireland
Kingdom of Ireland
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

(Passed) WASC Secondary Seats Act - Page 2 Empty NOTICE

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:45 am

* Pending - (1) - Chivalry,

* Yes - (9) -  Muchos Estados Unidos, New Korrea, China China, Ebsotz, Zanland, Scottlands, Great Eurussia, Scouting, Serenarea    

* No - (1) - Empire of Russia,

* Abstain - (2) - New Rhodinia, Snarfia

With a 9 - 1 - 2 vote, the WASC Secondary Seats Act is passed with a 75% approval!
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2