World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Passed) WA Commendations and Condemnations Act

+6
Serenarea
Great Eurussia
Apocryphi
Shockwave
Apepistan
UnitedStatesOfScouting
10 posters

Go down

(Passed) WA Commendations and Condemnations Act  Empty (Passed) WA Commendations and Condemnations Act

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:41 pm

Authored by: Scouting
Co-Authored by: Apepistan & Lockdownn

As part of our duty to enforce legislature and act as the supranational authority over the World Alliance, I hereby propose the introduction of issuing Commendations and Condemnations. While these have no legal effect, it helps show the opinions of the WASC as a whole towards an Individual, Nation, or Oganization.

Commendation:

commendation
   noun com·men·da·tion \ˌkä-mən-ˈdā-shən, -ˌmen-\
: the act of praising or approving of someone or something

: something (such as an official letter) that praises someone publicly

• A Commendation may be proposed by any member of the WASC.
  • A Commendation may be issued for any reason that can be called for praise.
  • A Commendation may NOT have any legal authority or proposed legislature attached, and is strictly used for public recognition of a worthy cause.

Condemnations:

condemnation
   noun con·dem·na·tion \ˌkän-ˌdem-ˈnā-shən, -dəm-\
: a statement or expression of very strong and definite criticism or disapproval

• A Condemnation may be proposed by any member of the WASC.
  • A Condemnation may be issued for any reason, whether the nation, individual, or organization is legally performing an act or not, as a condemnation is public recognition issued by the WASC to show strong distaste or disagreement with an action taken by a nation, individual, or organization.
  • A Condemnation may NOT have any legal authority or proposed legislature attached, and is strictly used for public recognition.

Commendations and Condemnations that pass the WASC will be issued for a period of 30 days - UNLESS - Otherwise noted in the proposed commendation/condemnation. This means that by default, the period will be 30 days, but can be extended/reduced on the proposal as requested by the WASC.

A thread shall be stickied in the WASC sub-forum named, "WASC Commendations and Condemnations" so that any passed commendations and condemnations may be posted there.

No commendation or condemnation shall be overwritten, as each proposal stands as its own. The only way a commendation or condemnation shall expire prior to its set expiration is if the WASC votes to specifically 'repeal' the commendation/condemnation rendering it void.

Commendations and condemnations proposals will be proposed in this format:

Nation:

Condemnation/Commendation:

Reasons For:

Other Remarks:

Last edited by UnitedStatesOfScouting on Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:12 pm; edited 6 times in total
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=scouting

Back to top Go down

(Passed) WA Commendations and Condemnations Act  Empty Re: (Passed) WA Commendations and Condemnations Act

Post  Apepistan Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:46 pm

Where would these commendations and condemnations be administered?
Apepistan
Apepistan
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

(Passed) WA Commendations and Condemnations Act  Empty Re: (Passed) WA Commendations and Condemnations Act

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:55 pm

Apepistan wrote:Where would these commendations and condemnations be administered?

Thanks for pointing that out, I will edit this in. I recommend that commendations and condemnations be issued in the WASC Main Forums and be valid for 30 days time.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Apepistan Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:02 pm

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out, I will edit this in. I recommend that commendations and condemnations be issued in the WASC Main Forums and be valid for 30 days time.

I think we should make a WASC Commendations and Condemnations topic, where either you, as the vice president, or Eurussia as the president could update the list every now and then.

Also, would a commendation overwrite a condemnation and vice versa? If so, would it apply in all cases?

Examples: (yes, I love making examples, I can't help it)

Scouting commends Apepistan for actions for environmental protection.
Scouting condemns Apepistan for supplying weaponry and otherwise supporting an aggressor state currently in war.

Does Apepistan have 1 condemnation and 1 commendation, or 1 condemnation, or the two rule out each other, and Apepistan has nothing?

Also, can a WASC member only cast one commendation for the 30 day period on another member state, or more?
Apepistan
Apepistan
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:04 pm

Apepistan wrote:
UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:

I think we should make a WASC Commendations and Condemnations topic, where either you, as the vice president, or Eurussia as the president could update the list every now and then.

Also, would a commendation overwrite a condemnation and vice versa? If so, would it apply in all cases?

Examples: (yes, I love making examples, I can't help it)

Scouting commends Apepistan for actions for environmental protection.
Scouting condemns Apepistan for supplying weaponry and otherwise supporting an aggressor state currently in war.

Does Apepistan have 1 condemnation and 1 commendation, or 1 condemnation, or the two rule out each other, and Apepistan has nothing?

Also, can a WASC member only cast one commendation for the 30 day period on another member state, or more?

I think that's an excellent idea. Commendations and Condemnations could be "Repealed" before their time is up, but cannot be overwritten, each commendation and condemnation would be its own.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Shockwave Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:11 pm

I like this proposal, I think it would be best if we created a guideline on how to post a proposal for a condemnation/commendation like:

Nation:

Reasons For:
Shockwave
Shockwave
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Apepistan Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:11 pm

If that is the case I suggest using a formula like this:

Kingdom of Example

Commendations:
Apepistan - for sending humanitarian aid after a natural disaster
Scouting - for effectively hosting a peace summit that ended the Great War of Tiredofit

Condemnations:
Scouting - for lifting environmental protection laws, allowing waste to be dumped into rivers
Apepistan
Apepistan
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:11 pm

Lockdownn wrote:I like this proposal, I think it would be best if we created a guideline on how to post a proposal for a condemnation/commendation like:

Nation:

Reasons For:

I like it. Will add.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Shockwave Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:15 pm

And to add substance to a dis-approval, I would think it would be best if one would not just say NO, but one would say:

Nation:

Award Being Given:

Personnel Reasons That you are against:

Facts to back up your opinion:

Ultimate Vote:
Shockwave
Shockwave
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:17 pm

Lockdownn wrote:And to add substance to a dis-approval, I would think it would be best if one would not just say NO, but one would say:

Nation:

Award Being Given:

Personnel Reasons That you are against:

Facts to back up your opinion:

Ultimate Vote:  

I think that nations of the WASC should reserve their (current) right to simply vote no, on any proposal, or judicial matter. I think that this should change on a global level first, rather then for simply one bill.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Apepistan Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:00 pm

Once the specifics are cleared, the United Kingdoms of Apepistan are in favor of this proposal.
Apepistan
Apepistan
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Apocryphi Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:23 pm

If we yet hold a vote, then we are IN FAVOUR.

Many thanks.
Apocryphi
Apocryphi
Vassal State

Back to top Go down

Post  Shockwave Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:38 pm

Apocryphi wrote:If we yet hold a vote, then we are IN FAVOUR.

Many thanks.
As you are not on the security council, you cannot post here much less vote. If you want to sign up for a seat, then go here: https://worldalliance.forumotion.co.uk/t557-incumbent-tenth-wa-security-council
Shockwave
Shockwave
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Shockwave Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:40 pm

Lockdownn is In Favor
Shockwave
Shockwave
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

(Passed) WA Commendations and Condemnations Act  Empty NOTICE

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:40 pm

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:Authored by: Scouting

As part of our duty to enforce legislature and act as the supranational authority over the World Alliance, I hereby propose the introduction of issuing Commendations and Condemnations. While these have no legal effect, it helps show the opinions of the WASC as a whole towards an Individual, Nation, or Oganization.

Commendation:

commendation

• A Commendation may NOT have any legal authority or proposed legislature attached, and is strictly used for public recognition of a worthy cause.

Condemnations:

condemnation
: a statement or expression of very strong and definite criticism or disapproval

• A Condemnation may be issued for any reason, whether the nation, individual, or organization is legally performing an act or not, as a condemnation is public recognition issued by the WASC to show strong distaste or disagreement with an action taken by a nation, individual, or organization.
  • A Condemnation may NOT have any legal authority or proposed legislature attached, and is strictly used for public recognition.

Commendations and Condemnations that pass the WASC will be issued for a period of 30 days - UNLESS - Otherwise noted in the proposed commendation/condemnation. This means that by default, the period will be 30 days, but can be extended/reduced on the proposal as requested by the WASC.

A thread shall be stickied in the WASC sub-forum named, "WASC Commendations and Condemnations" so that any passed commendations and condemnations may be posted there.

No commendation or condemnation shall be overwritten, as each proposal stands as its own. The only way a commendation or condemnation shall expire prior to its set expiration is if the WASC votes to specifically 'repeal' the commendation/condemnation rendering it void.

Nation:

Reasons For:

Other Remarks:

The proposal may now be debated in three (3) days.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenarea Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:19 am

Serenarea is in FAVOR
Serenarea
Serenarea
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Muchos Estados Unidos Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:55 am

Salute to Scouting for this wonderful proposal. MEU is for.
Muchos Estados Unidos
Muchos Estados Unidos
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:05 am

As author, we're in Favor.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  I.S.I.S Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:17 pm

Can I still vote?
I.S.I.S
I.S.I.S
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Scottlands Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:40 pm

Kingdom of Scottlands is in favor.
Kingdom of Scottlands
Kingdom of Scottlands
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:29 am

Great Eurussia wrote:

Commendation:

commendation

Condemnations:

condemnation

Nation:

Reasons For:

Other Remarks:

This may now be voted within two (2) days.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

(Passed) WA Commendations and Condemnations Act  Empty Eurussian Vote

Post  Great Eurussia Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:30 am

Eurussia is in favor. We commend the Scouting Government for this initiative.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Ireland Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:12 am

In Favor
Kingdom of Ireland
Kingdom of Ireland
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:06 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

Commendation:

commendation

Condemnations:

condemnation

Nation:

Reasons For:

Other Remarks:

This may now be voted within two (2) days.

With the outcome of 6, unanimously in favor, the proposal is now a law.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down