World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Passed) The Moderation Act

+2
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Shockwave
6 posters

Go down

(Passed) The Moderation Act Empty (Passed) The Moderation Act

Post  Shockwave Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:04 am

The Moderation Act

1) Let it be known that forum moderators are selected to maintain a respectful environment on the forum.

2) Moderators are put in charge of the entire forum for the purpose of maintaining a respectful environment for its users. Forum maintenance in general is for Administrators and for them only, moderators have no part in that unless reporting a problem to the admins, which anyone can do.

3) Forum moderators must have the ability to follow the rules and communicate respectively with other team-mates. (i.e. any other forum moderators, rp moderators, and administrators.)

4) Record keeping processes will remain separate meaning that warnings related to role-playing and warnings related to spamming of the [Off-Topic] forum be recorded in their respected places. (i.e. Role-play offenses in the role-play record thread and OOC offenses in the official [moderation] thread.

5) Moderators reserve the right to punish rule-breakers by the guidelines provided in the "WA Forums Act".

6) Moderators have the rights to the official ***Warn*** tag.

Last edited by Shockwave on Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shockwave
Shockwave
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

(Passed) The Moderation Act Empty NOTICE

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:32 am

Shockwave wrote:The Moderation Act

1) Let it be known that forum moderators are selected to maintain a respectful environment on the forum.

2) Moderators are put in charge of the entire forum.

3) Forum moderators must have the ability to follow the rules and communicate respectively with other team-mates. (i.e. any other forum moderators, rp moderators, and administrators.)

4) Record keeping processes will remain separate meaning that warnings related to role-playing and warnings related to spamming of the [Off-Topic] forum be recorded in their respected places. (i.e. Role-play offenses in the role-play record thread and OOC offenses in the official [moderation] thread.

5) Moderators reserve the right to punish rule-breakers if need be.

Please note this proposal is strictly OOC.

This proposal is now open for debate for three days.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=scouting

Back to top Go down

(Passed) The Moderation Act Empty Re: (Passed) The Moderation Act

Post  Shockwave Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:45 am

Just for the record, I am In favor.
Shockwave
Shockwave
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:46 am

For
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

(Passed) The Moderation Act Empty Eurussian Position

Post  Great Eurussia Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:02 pm

Eurussia believes that this proposal should be incorporated with the currently debated proposal, "WA Forums Act Amendment." Also, we would like to raise opposition on the following items of the proposal.

No. 2 - The provision contradicts the purpose of WA Forums Act and the determination of variation of authority granted by Forum Admins to Moderators and other accountable officers. Due to the sensitivity of the WA Forum, we believe that such generic statement must be ruled out and be put into detail instead.

No. 5 - The provision contradicts the purpose of the WA Forums Act as it is too generic and unclear on what varying degrees of punishment must be accorded to Forum violations. We believe that such generic statement must be ruled out and put into detail instead.

Therefore, Eurussia is against.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:10 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:

Eurussia believes that this proposal should be incorporated with the currently debated proposal, "WA Forums Act Amendment." Also, we would like to raise opposition on the following items of the proposal.
No. 5 - The provision contradicts the purpose of the WA Forums Act as it is too generic and unclear on what varying degrees of punishment must be accorded to Forum violations. We believe that such generic statement must be ruled out and put into detail instead.

I can answer No. 5 for you. The WA Forums Act covers this.

First Offense - Forum Warning
  Second Offense - 1 Day Forum Ban
  Third Offense - 3 Day Forum Ban
  Fourth Offense - 7 Day Forum Ban
  Fifth Offense - Permanent Forum Ban
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:23 pm

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

Indeed. However, they are two separate laws, if the proposal at hand passes.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:26 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

Indeed. However, they are two separate laws, if the proposal at hand passes.

Would this be a viable edit?

5) Moderators reserve the right to punish rule-breakers by the guidelines provided in the "WA Forums Act".
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  I.S.I.S Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:21 pm

Why so many proposals giving so much powers to moderators? There is something wrong with all the similar proposals. So NO.
I.S.I.S
I.S.I.S
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Shockwave Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:29 pm

Would this be a viable edit?

I'll add that in as it shows where official moderators of this forum are getting their rules and regulations from.

I'll explain number 2 in detail.
Shockwave
Shockwave
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Shockwave Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:36 pm

Sorry for the confusion about #2.

It is to explain that a moderator's job is to maintain a respectful atmosphere on this forum.
Shockwave
Shockwave
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:26 pm

This proposal may now be voted on for two days.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Ireland Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:07 pm

After the explanation that has been given I have no question. This bill seems good so. in favor
Kingdom of Ireland
Kingdom of Ireland
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Togana Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:48 pm

Favor
Togana
Togana
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

(Passed) The Moderation Act Empty Eurussian Vote

Post  Great Eurussia Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:24 am

2) Moderators are put in charge of the entire forum for the purpose of maintaining a respectful environment for its users. Forum maintenance in general is for Administrators and for them only, moderators have no part in that unless reporting a problem to the admins, which anyone can do.

Following the introduction of acceptable revisions and amendments, Eurussia is now in favour.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:11 am

With 5/6 in favor, this proposal hereby passes!
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down