World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Passed - On-Going) Relocate the WASC Chambers

+7
Kingdom of Scottlands
Snarfian Federation
I.S.I.S
Corinthos
Kingdom of Ireland
Togana
Shockwave
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

(Passed - On-Going) Relocate the WASC Chambers - Page 2 Empty Eurussian Position

Post  Great Eurussia Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:49 pm

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:Following consultations with Great Eurussia, we amend the following on the proposal:

Section 1: The neutral territory of Atlantis shall be the location of the World Alliance Security Council Chambers also known as the "WASC Headquarters" or "WASC HQ".

Section 7: The World Alliance Security Council Chambers in Moscow, Great Eurussia, shall be designated as an official museum, archival, and research center. This center shall be named, "Center of the World Alliance Government".

Sub-Section 7.1: The Center of the World Alliance Government shall be open to all citizens and diplomats granted they possess the proper security clearance for educational and research purposes as administered by the Security Council.

Eurussia can confirm of the consultations.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

(Passed - On-Going) Relocate the WASC Chambers - Page 2 Empty Eurussian Vote

Post  Great Eurussia Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:50 pm

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:
Relocate the WASC Chambers

Authored By: Scouting
Co-Authored By: Shockwave, Togana, and Great Eurussia

Prologue:

This resolution will approve the relocation and construction of the World Alliance Security Council's Chambers.

Section 1: The neutral territory of Atlantis shall be the location of the World Alliance Security Council Chambers also known as the "WASC Headquarters" or "WASC HQ".

Section 2: Entrance into the World Alliance Security Council Chambers is permitted to members of the Security Council, authorized contractors, World Alliance Peacekeeping Forces, guest speakers summoned by a member nation of the Security Council, and any other persons who have gained the proper security clearances from their home nation.

Sub-Section 2.1: According to the Freedom of Speech Law, non-member nations of the World Alliance Security Council are permitted to participate in Security Council discussions. Non-members of the World Alliance Security Council will not be permitted into the Chambers, however to maintain compliance, upon the request of the non-member nation, they may partake in Security Council discussions via a form of VOIP or video messaging.

OOC: No request will be required, simply post in the thread of whichever discussion you wish to partake in. Sub-Section 2.1 is simply for role-play purposes.

Sub-Section 2.2: Upon a member nation's removal from the World Alliance Security Council, all security clearances are to be revoked immediately and all items from the member nation are to be removed from the premises immediately.

Section 3: The World Alliance Security Council Chamber shall be considered International territory and abide by the legislation put forth by the World Alliance Security Council and the rules specified in the WA Neutral Territories Act.

Section 4: Each member nation of the Security Council shall have a private office within the complex to conduct business within.

Section 5: All discussion, proposals, and voting shall take place within the Security Council Chambers. Vote by proxy is strictly prohibited.

Section 6: The funding for the construction of the World Alliance Security Council Chambers shall consist of the donated funds from the nation of Shockwave totaling 250 Billion Dollars and Togana totaling 700 Million Dollars. Any excess funding shall be placed in an account administered by the President of the World Alliance Security Council specifically for future upgrades to the Chambers, payroll for the WAPF, and general maintenance on the premises.

Section 7: The World Alliance Security Council Chambers in Moscow, Great Eurussia, shall be designated as an official museum, archival, and research center. This center shall be named, "Center of the World Alliance Government".

Sub-Section 7.1:
The Center of the World Alliance Government shall be open to all citizens and diplomats granted they possess the proper security clearance for educational and research purposes as administered by the Security Council.

Section 8: The use of this facility shall begin on Feb. 7, 2016 when the Thirteenth World Alliance Security Council begins its session.

This resolution may now be debated for three days.

Eurussia is in favor.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

(Passed - On-Going) Relocate the WASC Chambers - Page 2 Empty Re: (Passed - On-Going) Relocate the WASC Chambers

Post  Togana Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:23 pm

While I still will keep my vote for, as its a better situation then the current setup, I am not in support of the new location.

I still feel that the earlier location was the better choice as the current one still gives of the vibe that it can be controlled by Eurussia as it is a small island surrounded by it. While we can all agree that EU has done great things for this region, a new time has dawned and we need to set ourselves apart for the past. While I have no issues with the current EU still feel that its location being surrounded can be intimidating to other nations who dont agree with them; and maybe even push out passing nations when the see the location surrounded on the map. We can all agree that we want as many member nations contributing to this nation as we can get. I ask my fellow world leaders to change their minds as we want to build this region to be the best it can possibly be.

Eurussia I ask of you to please support the first proposal, after all the island is still not far away; If we move we can only do it once. Your advice and vote will still be needed and you will still be thought of as an equal and valued partner on the World Alliance scene, but we need all to think ahead on this issue.
Togana
Togana
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

(Passed - On-Going) Relocate the WASC Chambers - Page 2 Empty Re: (Passed - On-Going) Relocate the WASC Chambers

Post  Muchos Estados Unidos Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:36 am

MEU is in favor.
Muchos Estados Unidos
Muchos Estados Unidos
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarfian Federation Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:47 am

I've found some time to examine all the arguments and come to the discision the Snarfia will vote Favor for this proposal.
Snarfian Federation
Snarfian Federation
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

(Passed - On-Going) Relocate the WASC Chambers - Page 2 Empty Eurussian Position

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:50 am

Togana wrote:I still feel that the earlier location was the better choice as the current one still gives of the vibe that it can be controlled by Eurussia as it is a small island surrounded by it. While we can all agree that EU has done great things for this region, a new time has dawned and we need to set ourselves apart for the past. While I have no issues with the current EU still feel that its location being surrounded can be intimidating to other nations who dont agree with them; and maybe even push out passing nations when the see the location surrounded on the map. We can all agree that we want as many member nations contributing to this nation as we can get. I ask my fellow world leaders to change their minds as we want to build this region to be the best it can possibly be.

Eurussia condemns the irresponsible, baseless, unfounded statements of the Togana Government for implying that Eurussia utilizes coercion and intimidation. 

For the record, the Atlantis Neutral Territory in the Atlantis is an international territory sanctioned by the Security Council, the same as with all the other twelve neutral territories in other continents of the world, by virtue of the WA Neutral Territories Act, authored by the Eurussian Government. Furthermore, all land territories throughout the world can enjoy their own territorial waters and territorial airspace sanctioned by the Security Council by virtue of the WA Territorial Waters Act, also authored by the Eurussian Government. And on the same note, all territorial lands regardless of how near they are with each other possesses international waters and international airspace between them ensuring freedom of navigation and innocent passage for all vessels and aircraft by all sovereign states of the world by virtue of the same cited international law. We issued this statement for the information of the Togana Government.

Also, as the major contributor to the establishment of the WA Neutral Territories Act, as we can all conclude, that all neutral territories are small islands, either surrounded by large bodies of waters or by huge landmasses and at the same time, strategically located in every single continent of the world for all various purposes. We further reiterate that these 'small islands' or officially Neutral Territories of the World Alliance, may be small geographically and seem insignificant compared to their neighboring sovereign states, these 'small islands' carries the weight of the world as globally protected 'small islands' via international laws. 

Therefore, the Republic of Togana can bet and predict that Eurussia intends to spark a world war of a global scale if the Eurussian Armed Forces intends to invade, take control and steps-on these 'small islands' as they are capable of doing so in a blink of an eye, anytime, anywhere, at will. Eurussia also bet that the Togana Government is prepared to face the same scenario as it can imagine such being done by the Eurussian Empire.

Again, we condemn such statements.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

(Passed - On-Going) Relocate the WASC Chambers - Page 2 Empty NOTICE

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:27 pm

This resolution may now be voted on for two days.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=scouting

Back to top Go down

Post  Togana Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:29 pm

I never stated that you would cause any problems for the new location. I simply stated that it MIGHT seem that way to some people who don't like your nation or are new and don't know your nation. I never said anything to condemn you, I simply asked you to support the other location for the better of the region.

Togana changes its vote to against and pulls all our funding from proposal.
Togana
Togana
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:59 pm

With 8 out of 11 voting members favoring, this resolution hereby passes.

Congratulations to the territory of Atlantis on housing the new WASC HQ!

Furthermore, the Presidency acknowledges the withdraw of funds from Togana.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:22 pm

Now we move on to phase 4, grounds planning.

Phase 1: Discussion
Phase 2: Official Discussion
Phase 3: Voting
Phase 4: Grounds Planning, Special Requests
Phase 5: Construction

Please submit proposals for the new WASC Headquarters in this thread, blueprints are helpful. Your budget is $250,700,000,000.

NOTICE TO COMPLY: Togana, as you failed to withdraw your donation of funds to this resolution before the Official Discussion and Voting ended, we require you to comply with your previously submitted amount of $700,000,000. Once paid, please confirm receipt here. When you commit to a project of this size, you cannot simply withdraw without repercussions, especially if you do so after already committing those funds.

Receipt of Donation: Scouting confirms the receipt of two-hundred fifty billion dollars from the Federal Reserve of Shockwave.

Grounds Plans shall detail how many rooms, facilities, acreage of land, security measures, etc. of the proposed WASC HQ. Furthermore, we will need to pick a contractor(s) for this job. We may elect to use one plan or a mixture of all plans.

This period of planning is open for seven days, after such date has passed and we've voted on an official plan, we shall begin construction immediately.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Togana Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:30 am

I wish to apologize for my outburst there. I was simply stating the way I felt about Eurussia. I am willing to accept defeat and support the new location. It is a big day for the WASC to call this new location home. As such I have decided not to fight it and keep my donation in the fund. I will also be active in the design stage of the project as well. (OOC-I am an architecture student in life as well).

President of Togana.
Togana
Togana
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:49 am

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:Now we move on to phase 4, grounds planning.

Phase 1: Discussion
Phase 2: Official Discussion
Phase 3: Voting
Phase 4: Grounds Planning, Special Requests
Phase 5: Construction

Please submit proposals for the new WASC Headquarters in this thread, blueprints are helpful. Your budget is $250,700,000,000.

NOTICE TO COMPLY: Togana, as you failed to withdraw your donation of funds to this resolution before the Official Discussion and Voting ended, we require you to comply with your previously submitted amount of $700,000,000. Once paid, please confirm receipt here. When you commit to a project of this size, you cannot simply withdraw without repercussions, especially if you do so after already committing those funds.

Receipt of Donation: Scouting confirms the receipt of two-hundred fifty billion dollars from the Federal Reserve of Shockwave.

Grounds Plans shall detail how many rooms, facilities, acreage of land, security measures, etc. of the proposed WASC HQ. Furthermore, we will need to pick a contractor(s) for this job. We may elect to use one plan or a mixture of all plans.

This period of planning is open for seven days, after such date has passed and we've voted on an official plan, we shall begin construction immediately.

OOC: Aside from all these roleplay details for the new HQ of the Security Council, World Alliance must now have a photo contest of the building that will be the permanent image of the new headquarters of the Security Council in Atlantis Neutral Territory. Please make sure that all former buildings that hosted the governing institutions of the WA Government must be exempted from this contest as they can be assumed to be already situated in Eurussia. We are willing to provide all these images for reference.

These buildings aren't allowed to be part of the Contest!

(Passed - On-Going) Relocate the WASC Chambers - Page 2 4818368705_232c4ea4ac
Figure 1. This is the United Nations Headquarters in New York City. In our roleplay, this is the Security Council Headquarters in Moscow, Eurussia which will soon become the Center of the World Alliance Government once the new headquarters is constructed and inaugurated in the Atlantis Neutral Territory.

(Passed - On-Going) Relocate the WASC Chambers - Page 2 The_Palace_of_Parliament
Figure 2. This is the Parliament of Romania in Bucharest, Romania. In our roleplay, this is the current Neutral Alliance Treaty Organization Headquarters in Moscow, Eurussia. This is also the former World Alliance Government Building which housed the previous Security Councils, World Alliance Council, World Alliance Parliament, and World Alliance Court of Justice.

(Passed - On-Going) Relocate the WASC Chambers - Page 2 Fotolia_45817700_M
Figure 3. This is the Peace Palace in The Hague, the Netherlands. In our roleplay, this is the current building of the Supreme Court of Great Eurussia also called the Peace Palace. This is also the first headquarters of the earliest Security Councils of the World Alliance, also named the Peace Palace. It also housed the previous International Court of Justice of the World Alliance, the World Alliance Assembly, and other supreme institutions of our region.

Let us also assume that through this photo contest (which should also incorporate all the details initially required here), the country whose proposed photo of the new HQ, shall be treated through roleplay as the country who bidded for the best design of the new HQ. Or if there are two or more nations collaborating, such must be allowed as well.

This is just an OOC proposal anyway to complement the pasage of the resolution of the Security Council.

Last edited by Great Eurussia on Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

(Passed - On-Going) Relocate the WASC Chambers - Page 2 Empty OOC Details

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:59 am

This photo contest shall be out-of-character. Please forum PM me an image you wish to put forth for the contest, each candidate is limited to a single picture, non-WASC members may also participate. Submissions will be accepted for 48 hours, after submissions are made, there will be an additional 48 hour voting period on which each image will be posted and labeled generically so that pictures are not judged based on their submitter. The winner of this contest shall perform the ground breaking ceremony and lay the first brick with their country's name inscribed.

Let the games begin!

~You have 48 hours to private message submissions via the forum private message system~
~Submissions posted in this thread will not be accepted and disqualified immediately~
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Shockwave Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:26 am

Picture sent. I can't wait for the vote. Very Happy
Shockwave
Shockwave
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:11 pm

Voting for the World Alliance Security Council Chambers design has begun:

Picture 1:

(Passed - On-Going) Relocate the WASC Chambers - Page 2 Wasc10

Picture 2:

(Passed - On-Going) Relocate the WASC Chambers - Page 2 Th31_s10

Picture 3:

(Passed - On-Going) Relocate the WASC Chambers - Page 2 Impres10

Please vote for one of the following, vote: Picture 1, 2, or 3.

Voting shall last for 48 hours.

UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Shockwave Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:42 pm

Numero Uno
Shockwave
Shockwave
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenarea Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:22 am

Two.
Serenarea
Serenarea
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Corinthos Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:26 am

Two.
Corinthos
Corinthos
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Ireland Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:44 am

Two
Kingdom of Ireland
Kingdom of Ireland
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarfian Federation Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:25 am

Three
Snarfian Federation
Snarfian Federation
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Scottlands Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:26 pm

One
Kingdom of Scottlands
Kingdom of Scottlands
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:01 pm

Congratulations to Togana for winning the photo contest! Togana will perform the ground breaking ceremony and have the first brick inscribed with their country's name.

(Passed - On-Going) Relocate the WASC Chambers - Page 2 Th31_s10

Please begin submissions and/or suggestions for floor plans for the new WASC Chambers.

Last edited by UnitedStatesOfScouting on Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:11 am

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:Congratulations to Togana for winning the photo contest! Togana will perform the ground breaking ceremony and have the first brick inscribed with their country's name.

Please begin submissions and/or suggestions for floor plans for the new WASC Chambers.

Which is Togana's entry?
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Togana Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:55 am

Great Eurussia wrote:
UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:Congratulations to Togana for winning the photo contest! Togana will perform the ground breaking ceremony and have the first brick inscribed with their country's name.

Which is Togana's entry?
My nations entry was the picture above your post. It was the building design for the new WASC headquarters. Im actually surprised that mine won. I choose it because I think it was the most neutral design.

(OOC- The building is a new assembly building in India that was never used for its intended purpose then converted into a hospital)
Togana
Togana
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:44 pm

The new WASC Chambers shall be built by mid-term and all WASC representatives shall move in on the date of completion.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next