World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Security Council Membership Reforms

+3
Muchos Estados Unidos
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Shockwave
7 posters

Go down

Security Council Membership Reforms Empty Security Council Membership Reforms

Post  Shockwave Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:21 am

I was thinking about adding some additional seats of power to the world alliance as to get more people active in the WA government.

One of my suggestions is that we have a sufficient military where we could elect generals and military officials for the purpose of role play possibly with other regions as it could open up a wider range of activities and new role plays. And/or we have a set military force that is made up of countries within their respective continent as to also further role play, if we did that, colonial claims by nations on other continents would be counted out as if they were never there. And/Or we keep the colonies in the military statistics but split them respectively based on how many military personnel a nation wants in a specific area.

Now, if we had a judicial area for seating, it could preform like the security council but lesson the weight by handling national cases, while the SC handles the legislative law passing part. And/Or adding more seats to the security council by making seats "under" the actual member for the continent, one that would be given a lesser amount of privileges.

I am unsure about the second suggestion, but it could be worth a shot.
Shockwave
Shockwave
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Security Council Membership Reforms Empty Re: Security Council Membership Reforms

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:38 am

Wirbanskia wrote:I was thinking about adding some additional seats of power to the world alliance as to get more people active in the WA government.

One of my suggestions is that we have a sufficient military where we could elect generals and military officials for the purpose of role play possibly with other regions as it could open up a wider range of activities and new role plays. And/or we have a set military force that is made up of countries within their respective continent as to also further role play, if we did that, colonial claims by nations on other continents would be counted out as if they were never there. And/Or we keep the colonies in the military statistics but split them respectively based on how many military personnel a nation wants in a specific area.

Now, if we had a judicial area for seating, it could preform like the security council but lesson the weight by handling national cases, while the SC handles the legislative law passing part. And/Or adding more seats to the security council by making seats "under" the actual member for the continent, one that would be given a lesser amount of privileges.

I'm not sure how you can expect people to get more involved when there's practically a minimal activity out of the WASC in the first place.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=scouting

Back to top Go down

Security Council Membership Reforms Empty Re: Security Council Membership Reforms

Post  Muchos Estados Unidos Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:14 pm

I agree we need to open more seats because our region is growing
Muchos Estados Unidos
Muchos Estados Unidos
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Apepistan Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:21 pm

I think this issue is addressed through Scouting's proposal to remove the inactive WASC members from their seats; so active people can take their place instead, revitalizing the roleplay.
Apepistan
Apepistan
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Security Council Membership Reforms Empty NOTICE

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:16 pm

Wirbanskia wrote:I was thinking about adding some additional seats of power to the world alliance as to get more people active in the WA government.

This is now an OPEN discussion.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:36 pm

Wirbanskia wrote:

Eurussia supports the move to add more seats to the Security Council. However, our view would be like this:

1) Each continental representation will have another 'secondary seat' whereas they can also be allowed to share their opinions and submit proposals EXCEPT on voting privileges.

2) Those secondary seats may exercise to vote, ONLY, if the primary seat holder is not yet voting nor refused to vote. And if such occurs, the primary seat holder will not be able to vote anymore. It is up to each continental primary and secondary representative if they wish to consult each other first before making votes. (Thus, stirring competition within each continental representations but as well as allow increased activities promoting the unity of each continent on supporting every proposals at hand.)

3) The secondary seat holder may request the WASC to vote to allow its country to become the primary seat holder and make the primary seat holder to become the secondary seat holder for whatever grounds which is subject to the approval of the WASC. In this case, the concerned nations will not be allowed to vote. (Thus, ensuring that each primary member state of the SC will be forced to be active or simply resign from the SC due to increased pressure from the secondary member state prying on him.)

4) The secondary seat holder may only participate on the legislative processes of the Security Council and not on its executive and judicial processes. (Thus, ensuring that the primary seat holder maintains more privileges than that of the secondary seat holders.)

5) Nevertheless, if this proposal is enforced, the total seats in the Security Council will rise from 15 seats to 28 seats. However, the determination if an executive, legislative, or judicial action of the Security Council has gained the required percentage approval will still be based on the original version of counting.

Please share your views.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Xolox Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:27 am

We have way too much trouble trying to fill 15 seats. Xolox is against adding 13 more seats to the council.
Xolox
Xolox
Regional Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=xolox

Back to top Go down

Post  Muchos Estados Unidos Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:33 pm

Xolox wrote:We have way too much trouble trying to fill 15 seats. Xolox is against adding 13 more seats to the council.

I am in favor. Why? Because we may not be able to fill it now but at least we could force those inactive council members to be active or else get replaced.
Muchos Estados Unidos
Muchos Estados Unidos
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Shockwave Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:31 pm

Muchos Estados Unidos wrote:
Xolox wrote:We have way too much trouble trying to fill 15 seats. Xolox is against adding 13 more seats to the council.

I am in favor. Why? Because we may not be able to fill it now but at least we could force those inactive council members to be active or else get replaced.

I like the way you think.
Shockwave
Shockwave
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Scottlands Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:30 am

I support reforms
Kingdom of Scottlands
Kingdom of Scottlands
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:00 pm

Scouting motions to dismiss discussion, citing inactivity.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=scouting

Back to top Go down

Post  Shockwave Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:59 pm

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:Scouting motions to dismiss discussion, citing inactivity.
I support this.
Shockwave
Shockwave
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Security Council Membership Reforms Empty NOTICE

Post  Great Eurussia Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:06 am

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:Scouting motions to dismiss discussion, citing inactivity.

Motion granted.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down