World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Rejected) WA Space Affairs Act

+10
Shirouma
New-Zealand
Havenburgh
Great Eurussia
Marquette (of Pacific)
Aloia
Europe and Asia
New Tarajan
Federation of Antanares
Atletius
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

(Rejected) WA Space Affairs Act Empty (Rejected) WA Space Affairs Act

Post  Atletius Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:20 pm

In light of the recent highly controversial proposals to construct solar arrays on the moon Altetius believes it would be reasonable to set up a commission to deal with all space related proposals.

The Commission chaired by the Atletian Science Minister will ensure:

1. That all proposals that intend to alter the moon's and/or other planet's environments are carefully scrutinised and will benefit the whole of the World Alliance.

2. That no single nation or group of nations gain a monopoly on off world land, meaning all future construction of off world colonies will have to be approved by the commission. Small scale constructions, of observatories etc will not have to approved.

3. That deep space, our moon, and other worlds are not exploited for military purposes.

Note that the commission will not impinge on sovereign nation's rights to explore space and other worlds or their rights to construct satellites in low orbit around our planet.

Amendments will be made at the suggestion of Parliament members and the discretion of the author.
Atletius
Atletius
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

(Rejected) WA Space Affairs Act Empty Re: (Rejected) WA Space Affairs Act

Post  Federation of Antanares Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:56 pm

Sincerely, Antanares is against any kind of proposal of a regulation of our off-Earth affair. We approve a Lunar Commission, that is an asset of every nations on the Earth, but our extra-solar colonies, space and other planets are not an affair of other nations. Antanares, like other superpowers, have entire planet under its control and I want to do everything I want on them.
Federation of Antanares
Federation of Antanares
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:58 pm

Federation of Antanares wrote:Sincerely, Antanares is against any kind of proposal of a regulation of our off-Earth affair. We approve a Lunar Commission, that is an asset of every nations on the Earth, but our extra-solar colonies, space and other planets are not an affair of other nations. Antanares, like other superpowers, have entire planet under its control and I want to do everything I want on them.
Ironic, isn't it? Acting like you control everyone and everything.

Back to top Go down

Post  Federation of Antanares Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:02 pm

Not exactly, Stirva. The Moon is not a my asset, an your asset or an asset of anyone because the Moon is around the Earth and on the Earth there are a lot of nations not involved in a specific project for the Moon.
But if I launch my ships in the deep space, far away from the Earth, is only a my affair what they do during their mission, what they find and what is the destiny of the planets that I decide to colonize. I don't want my space mission must be regulated from others.
Federation of Antanares
Federation of Antanares
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:08 pm

I must support Antanares.
We have one main point for this: first of all, New Tarajan has already two Space Colonies and three Space Stations in the space around Earth, and some military space fleets.
We are always in support of international cooperation, in every field, but not of international control: every nation has the right to fulfill its own ambitions, until it harms someone else.
Sincerely, it is a gross violations of our sovereign right to build as many colonies as we need, or want, and to freely manage them.
There's the need for regulation, maybe: but this means safety standards and controls, not international control.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:38 pm

The moon project was cancelled, we're moving on to a different project. Terraforming Mars.

Back to top Go down

Post  Federation of Antanares Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:41 pm

Good, Antanares don't have any interest on Mars. You must contact the nations that have their colonies on the Red Planet and talk with them. I don't see why is necessary an entire commission to regulate affair that nations can regulate alone.
Federation of Antanares
Federation of Antanares
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:05 pm

While I cannot vote, I am against Striva's proposal. Individual nations are doing fine on mars. Don't change it.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:12 pm

Europe and Asia wrote:While I cannot vote, I am against Striva's proposal. Individual nations are doing fine on mars. Don't change it.
Eurasia, do you know what terraforming is? We are giving you an opportunity of another earth where you don't need to take the air to breath with you or farm your own food since nature can do that itself.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:13 pm

I even put up the map of how Mars would be like when it's been terraformed.

Last edited by Stirva on Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Aloia Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:58 pm

Mars originally lost its atmosphere because it lacks a magnetic field to block the sun's rays. Unless you could find a way to melt the inside of Mars to create a magnetic field like Earth's, all the atmosphere that you build up will just be stripped away by solar rays
Aloia
Aloia
Potential World Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=aloia

Back to top Go down

Post  Aloia Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:05 am

And Aloia is opposed to this motion on may levels. We are opposed to the organization being run by the Atletian Science Minister. Who's to say that the Atletian people won't choose someone completely unfit for the position to serve as the chair of this organization.

Also, as a nation with numerous (4) space colonies and a military space fleet, we are wondering what their status will be as a result of this law. Will we have to hand over our ships to the commission, because they're a military space fleet? Will we have to give up swaths of land on our planets to allow other nations to have space colonies, seeing as we have a monopoly on those worlds? Surely New Zealand and Eurasia will not sit still for having to do this on their worlds!
Aloia
Aloia
Potential World Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=aloia

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:10 am

Aloia wrote:Mars originally lost its atmosphere because it lacks a magnetic field to block the sun's rays. Unless you could find a way to melt the inside of Mars to create a magnetic field like Earth's, all the atmosphere that you build up will just be stripped away by solar rays
The core will be melted by building up pressure in the atmosphere then heating the planet up and eventually boiling it's solid core.

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:50 am

We are now in an official 3-day DEBATING period, the period for debating will end at 0:00 (GMT) on the 26th of November. After which, a 3 day voting period will take place.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Atletius Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:08 am

The statuses of existing colonies/space fleets etc would not be affected. I will probably remove the article requiring all construction be approved the the Commission, I understand it could be seen as impinging on sovereignty.
The main purpose of the Commission would to be an independent body which would ensure no excess exploitation of space.
Perhaps it should be more the IPCC or OFCOM (links for those who don't know what they are , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ofcom http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_Police_Complaints_Commission) A sort space regulator perhaps?
Atletius
Atletius
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Atletius Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:16 am

Here is a 2nd draft of the Act's articles, I believe these will be more acceptable.

1. That all proposals that intend to alter the moon's and/or other planet's environments are carefully scrutinised and will benefit all those with an interest on that moon/planet, ie nations with colonies on that planet.

2. That no nation's space exploration or exploitation will impinge upon the sovereignty of other nations and their respective colonies.

3.That nations have an equal right to explore space.

4. That off world colonies, satellites and space stations abide by international law as dictated by the World Alliance Parliament.

Last edited by Atletius on Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Atletius
Atletius
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

(Rejected) WA Space Affairs Act Empty Eurussian Position

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:33 am

Atletius wrote:Here is a 2nd draft of the Act's articles, I believe these will be more acceptable.

1. That all proposals that intend to alter the moon's and/or other planet's environments are carefully scrutinised and will benefit the whole of the World Alliance.

2. That no nation's space exploration or exploitation will impinge upon the sovereignty of other nations and their respective colonies.

3. That close space and our moon are not exploited for military purposes.

4. That nations have an equal right to explore space.

5. That off world colonies, satellites and space stations abide by international law as dictated by the World Alliance Parliament.
Eurussia is against any regulation on our space exploration activities.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  Atletius Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:38 am

Great Eurussia wrote:
Atletius wrote:Here is a 2nd draft of the Act's articles, I believe these will be more acceptable.

3. That close space and our moon are not exploited for military purposes.

4. That nations have an equal right to explore space.

5. That off world colonies, satellites and space stations abide by international law as dictated by the World Alliance Parliament.
Eurussia is against any regulation on our space exploration activities.
Surely you realise there must be some regulation, to prevent anarchy etc.
the amount of regulation proposed is very limited and will not impinge on Eurussia's rights in space. In fact the commission is designed to prevent nations rights in space being violated.
Atletius
Atletius
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:53 am

There are some improvements in this new draft.
However, we keep to be against, for some reasons:

1)The first point says that all activities in space must "benefit the whole World Alliance". It is ambigous and vague, since it is not clear how a project could benefit the entire Alliance.

2)The third point tries to deny military use of space: but what does it mean? Many of us have space fleets to provide for security, and also (in our case) a Military Space Station.

3)The fifth point in not very clear, and remains vague.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Atletius Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:03 am

I have amended point one, it is now less ambiguous and more workable.
I removed point three as I couldn't think of a way of reworking it to be clearer in its intention.
I don't believe point five is ambiguous at all, it states that colonies will be subject to the same international laws that apply here.p, those decided by the World Assembly and World Alliance Parliament.
Atletius
Atletius
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:38 am

Stirva wrote:
Europe and Asia wrote:While I cannot vote, I am against Striva's proposal. Individual nations are doing fine on mars. Don't change it.
Eurasia, do you know what terraforming is? We are giving you an opportunity of another earth where you don't need to take the air to breath with you or farm your own food since nature can do that itself.
Don't patronize me. Of course I know what it is, however, the nations have already done it. Your proposal is irrelevant. All of your proposals have been silly.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:28 am

Europe and Asia wrote:
Stirva wrote:
Don't patronize me. Of course I know what it is, however, the nations have already done it. Your proposal is irrelevant. All of your proposals have been silly.
Well then there are only a few things left. Make advanced spacecrafts which will mine Helium 3 in uranus' atmosphere that is a great energy source. Or, begin making space colonies made for explorations of far earth like planets to colonize. There is also another idea but that is creating anti-matter bombs made for absolute chaotic destruction.

Back to top Go down

Post  Atletius Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:49 am

Can we not get distracted from the Pending Act please.
Atletius
Atletius
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Havenburgh Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:22 am

Atletius wrote:Can we not get distracted from the Pending Act please.
Agreed
Havenburgh
Havenburgh
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next