World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Passed) Election Regulation Act

+8
Atletius
Arveyres
Marquette (of Pacific)
Texania
New-Zealand
Ireland
Federation of Antanares
Great Eurussia
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

(Passed) Election Regulation Act - Page 2 Empty Re: (Passed) Election Regulation Act

Post  New-Zealand Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:02 pm

Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:The Constitutional Monarchy of Marquette of Pacific hereby votes AGAINST this bill, as it gives too much power to the Secretary General and other members of the World Alliance government. Decentralization is key, folks.

The secretary general is loosing his power in favour of a more democratic option.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=new-zealand

Back to top Go down

(Passed) Election Regulation Act - Page 2 Empty Re: (Passed) Election Regulation Act

Post  Shirouma Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:03 pm

Against
Shirouma
Shirouma
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:35 am

New-Zealand wrote:
Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:The Constitutional Monarchy of Marquette of Pacific hereby votes AGAINST this bill, as it gives too much power to the Secretary General and other members of the World Alliance government. Decentralization is key, folks.

The secretary general is loosing his power in favour of a more democratic option.

That's not how I see it. The Secretary General is creating this position just to give to his allies as a thank-you for doing as he pleases. This is going to make the government even more corrupt.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:37 am

Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:
New-Zealand wrote:

That's not how I see it. The Secretary General is creating this position just to give to his allies as a thank-you for doing as he pleases. This is going to make the government even more corrupt.
Hes not giving it away. I believe it is going to be elected by the Council or Parliment but hes not just going to give it away like the lottery.
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_empire_of_ireland

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:22 am

Obviously, it is funny how certain nations dare to exercise their right to opinion when iy is perfectly obvious whose not reading much more understandinght is written :-/
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  Planitan Commonwealth Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:27 am

Great Eurussia wrote:

Obviously, it is funny how certain nations dare to exercise their right to opinion when iy is perfectly obvious whose not reading much more understandinght is written :-/
hint... hint....
Planitan Commonwealth
Planitan Commonwealth
Regional Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=freedom_planita_2

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:28 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:

Eurussia, shut up. I am understanding this bill perfectly, and I understand I don't support it. As I said before, our current system is fine. We don't need to change things just for the sake of change or because it will make elections more fluid or easier.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Planitan Commonwealth Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:37 pm

I give FULL SUPPORT for this bill.
Planitan Commonwealth
Planitan Commonwealth
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:41 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:

Eurussia, shut up. I am understanding this bill perfectly, and I understand I don't support it. As I said before, our current system is fine. We don't need to change things just for the sake of change or because it will make elections more fluid or easier.
That's your opinion. No you aren't understanding this bill and it has tremendous support so how about you just deal with that.
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_empire_of_ireland

Back to top Go down

Post  Arveyres Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:50 pm

Marquette, obviously you are not understanding.

This makes a new role to take power away from the Secretary General. This is to make elections easier. This does not give power to the SG.

Until you realize what the proposed bill imposes, I will continue to use bold font. Please don't make me go bold italics.
Arveyres
Arveyres
Potential World Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=holy_patrician_states

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:27 pm

Arveyres wrote:Marquette, obviously you are not understanding.

This makes a new role to take power away from the Secretary General. This is to make elections easier. This does not give power to the SG.

Until you realize what the proposed bill imposes, I will continue to use bold font. Please don't make me go bold italics.

Not the bold Italics! 

(Passed) Election Regulation Act - Page 2 3335747_1376602408580.17res_500_299
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=new-zealand

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:03 pm

lol really? Marquette seems to have the Secretary General to become more powerful so that when a flaw happens, even if its beyond the SG's control, he can easily strike back to Eurussia and accuse it of so much power grab. lol I hope not :-P
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Atletius Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:28 pm

In FAVOUR
Atletius
Atletius
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:08 pm

New-Zealand wrote:
Arveyres wrote:Marquette, obviously you are not understanding.

Not the bold Italics! 

(Passed) Election Regulation Act - Page 2 3335747_1376602408580.17res_500_299

Oh he went there.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Federation of Antanares Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:06 pm

Well, the time for election is finished. Wait for the final votes.

FOR: 7
ABSTAIN: 1
AGAINST: 2

The Election Regulation Act is PASSED.
Federation of Antanares
Federation of Antanares
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:26 pm

Federation of Antanares wrote:Well, the time for election is finished. Wait for the final votes.

Thank you to everyone who supported the bill.
What are you saying again Marquette? :-P
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:21 am

Great Eurussia wrote:
Federation of Antanares wrote:Well, the time for election is finished. Wait for the final votes.

Couldn't help but gloat, eh?
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Planitan Commonwealth Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:41 am

Europe and Asia wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

Couldn't help but gloat, eh?
-_-
Planitan Commonwealth
Planitan Commonwealth
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Texania Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:51 am

BAD SPORTSMANSHIP. 5 YARD PENALTY.
Texania
Texania
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Federation of Antanares Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:37 am

I invite everyone to leave the thread and to avoid any kind of provocations. This is a parliament.
Federation of Antanares
Federation of Antanares
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Planitan Commonwealth Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:46 am

Good idea
Planitan Commonwealth
Planitan Commonwealth
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next