World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Dismissed) WA Human Rights Act

+10
Muchos Estados Unidos
Ebsotz
Kingdom of Scottlands
The Holy Empire of Artite
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Snarfian Federation
New Rhodinia
Azotakza
Xolox
Great Eurussia
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

(Dismissed) WA Human Rights Act Empty (Dismissed) WA Human Rights Act

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:20 am

WA HUMAN RIGHTS ACT
Authored by the Empire of Great Eurussia

This is a purely roleplaying proposal.
Article 1. All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
Article 2. Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.
Article 3. No one shall be held in slavery or servitude.
Article 4. No one shall be subjected to cruel or degrading treatment or punishment.
Article 5. Everyone has the right to recognition everywhere as a person before the law. Thus, all are equal before the law and are entitled to equal protection of the law. 
Article 6. Everyone is entitled in full equality to a fair trial by an impartial tribunal, in the determination of his rights and obligations and of any criminal charge against him.
Article 7. Everyone has the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty according to law in a fair trial at which he has had all the guarantees necessary for his defense.
Article 8. Men and women of full age have the right to marry and to found a family.
Article 9. Everyone has the right to freedom of exercising religion.
Article 10. Everyone has the right to freedom of expressing opinion.
Article 11. Everyone has the right to work and to free choice of employment.
Article 12. Everyone has the right to education.
Article 13. All the provisions of this Act are encouraged to be observed universally by all nation states of the world as basis for determining the fundamental rights of all mankind. All the provisions of this Act are encouraged to be adopted into domestic laws, and if possible, international arrangements, by all nation states, without prejudice to their heritage.

NOTICE: A three (3) day debate and amendment period has been called. Please be guided.

Last edited by Great Eurussia on Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:18 am; edited 3 times in total
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) WA Human Rights Act Empty Re: (Dismissed) WA Human Rights Act

Post  Xolox Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:10 am

Xolox is veritably against this proposal.
Xolox
Xolox
Regional Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=xolox

Back to top Go down

Post  Azotakza Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:48 am

I am against this until it is rewritten, I will not treat criminals as equals.
Also my country will not avid by these rules unless we can change this code in our country

Last edited by Azotakza on Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Azotakza
Azotakza
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:58 am

As extensive as New Rhodinia's civil rights are, we don't see this as purely a "doing the right thing" action, but a counter to everything that has happened recently. For one, you intend to ban all forms of slavery which renders the WA Slavery and Slaves Rights Act obsolete. It's also a huge act meant to "blanket" the WA, a la impose a single act that applies to everyone when not everyone can adhere to.

While we are in favor of the majority of these, our ultimate decision is against this proposal.
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarfian Federation Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:36 am

against
Snarfian Federation
Snarfian Federation
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:27 am

I am [REDACTED] this act for the time being. I wish to discuss this with other WASC members before putting forth a law, as this is a sensitive subject.

Last edited by UnitedStatesOfScouting on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=scouting

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:29 am

Azotakza wrote:I am against this until it is rewritten, I will not treat criminals as equals.
Also my country will not avid by these rules unless we can change this code in our country

This is patterned after the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. I've just removed some articles that may not or may be applicable to us here and to shorten the Declaration on our version as well. I can remember there is a provision about criminals, feel free to bring it up here so we could add it to the proposed Act.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:32 am

New Rhodinia wrote:As extensive as New Rhodinia's civil rights are, we don't see this as purely a "doing the right thing" action, but a counter to everything that has happened recently. For one, you intend to ban all forms of slavery which renders the WA Slavery and Slaves Rights Act obsolete. It's also a huge act meant to "blanket" the WA, a la impose a single act that applies to everyone when not everyone can adhere to.

While we are in favor of the majority of these, our ultimate decision is against this proposal.

The Eurussian Government believes that an adoption of a universally acceptable code on the protection of human rights is the most civilized thing to do that the WA has yet to adopt. This is not meant to render the 'doomed-to-fail' WA Slavery and Slaves Right Act as this proposal covers all acceptable and adoptable rights and privileges all people must enjoy.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:35 am

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:I am against this act for the time being. I wish to discuss this with other WASC members before putting forth a law, as this is a sensitive subject.

The Eurussian Government believes that it is the right time the world discuss the adoption of the most civilized international law such as this proposed Act. Indeed it is a sensitive subject, but this is far more worth the attention of governments rather than raise the issue of 'slavery' and 'wars' which are far more uncivilized and barbaric practices.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:31 am

Great Eurussia wrote:
UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:I am against this act for the time being. I wish to discuss this with other WASC members before putting forth a law, as this is a sensitive subject.

The Eurussian Government believes that it is the right time the world discuss the adoption of the most civilized international law such as this proposed Act. Indeed it is a sensitive subject, but this is far more worth the attention of governments rather than raise the issue of 'slavery' and 'wars' which are far more uncivilized and barbaric practices.

We believe that input should be taken from each WASC member, as they represent their region. Instead of rushing a law through, we believe that we should take more time and consideration into this matter, as seen with my own attempts to establish this within my other law.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:42 am

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

We believe that input should be taken from each WASC member, as they represent their region. Instead of rushing a law through, we believe that we should take more time and consideration into this matter, as seen with my own attempts to establish this within my other law.

Indeed. Everyone is welcome to share their views and opinions right now.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:59 am

Great Eurussia wrote:
New Rhodinia wrote:As extensive as New Rhodinia's civil rights are, we don't see this as purely a "doing the right thing" action, but a counter to everything that has happened recently. For one, you intend to ban all forms of slavery which renders the WA Slavery and Slaves Rights Act obsolete. It's also a huge act meant to "blanket" the WA, a la impose a single act that applies to everyone when not everyone can adhere to.

The Eurussian Government believes that an adoption of a universally acceptable code on the protection of human rights is the most civilized thing to do that the WA has yet to adopt. This is not meant to render the 'doomed-to-fail' WA Slavery and Slaves Right Act as this proposal covers all acceptable and adoptable rights and privileges all people must enjoy.

So, in essence, this isn't an act but more of a set of guidelines?
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:06 pm

New Rhodinia wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

In form and title, it is an ACT but technically this is just a plain guideline since there is no provision on how punishment should be made if ever it is followed or not by governments. It will be used as a basis on determining human rights laws in our own countries.

OOC: Just like in real life where our national governments uses the Universal Declaration on Human Rights in passing domestic laws about human rights!
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:13 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:
New Rhodinia wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

In form and title, it is an ACT but technically this is just a plain guideline since there is no provision on how punishment should be made if ever it is followed or not by governments. It will be used as a basis on determining human rights laws in our own countries.
OOC: Just like in real life where our national governments uses the Universal Declaration on Human Rights in passing domestic laws about human rights!

If the Disciplinary Act passes, that would be a way to handle any violations.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:27 pm

WRONG. The proposed Disciplinary Act is an out-of-character law and do not compliment a roleplaying law like this proposed Act. That is the reason why we are pushing for the specific grounds that will be used as a basis in imposing the Disciplinary Act because it banishes a nation out of the region.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:38 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:

WRONG. The proposed Disciplinary Act is an out-of-character law and do not compliment a roleplaying law like this proposed Act. That is the reason why we are pushing for the specific grounds that will be used as a basis in imposing the Disciplinary Act because it banishes a nation out of the region.

I don't understand how the removal of a government via the Security Council is out of roleplay? Pending the passing of the Land Bidding Act, it would allow for a new government to come in and take control.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  The Holy Empire of Artite Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:10 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:

WA HUMAN RIGHTS ACT
Authored by the Empire of Great Eurussia

This is a purely roleplaying proposal.

Article 1. All human beings are born free and equal.
Article 2. All human beings are entitled to this Act.
Article 3. Everyone has the right to life and liberty.
Article 4. No one shall be held in slavery or servitude.
Article 5. Everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence within the borders of each state.
Article 6. Everyone has the right to seek and to enjoy in other countries asylum from unlawful persecution.
Article 7. Everyone has the right to a nationality.
Article 8. Everyone has the right to found a family. 
Article 9. Everyone has the right to freedom of religion.
Article 10. Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion. 
Article 11. Everyone has the right to social security.
Article 12. Everyone has the right to education. 
Article 13. Nothing in this Act may be interpreted as implying for any State, group or person any right to engage in any activity aimed at the destruction of any of the rights and freedoms set forth by this Act.

NOTICE: A three (3) day debate and amendment period has been called. Please be guided.

I am not a member of the SC but I would like to voice my concerns about this because if this is passed it will surely be a negative in Artitian legislation making. You should look at the current nations and their systems. For instance Artite is a majority Catholic and we frown down upon other religions, in fact going to war over religion is in Artite's past. Not everyone has a right to social security. In fact Artite has no social security. You work and you save for your future, the state does nothing or very little to help an individual out.Especially not everyone has a right to opinion. That is not a human right, it is not my right as a human being to have an opinion and surely is not a right of Artitians. It is not a right God gave to man. If you are going to make Acts such as these which is perfectly fine and a huge leap in the right direction. But you must be open minded about nations steeped in Theocratic Tradition. Just voicing my concerns, I agree with some of these and HUGELY disagree with a couple others and I think you know what they are but I like this Act and if the SC could rewrite it I am sure that it will be passed in no time.
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Scottlands Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:04 pm

Scottish Republic is in favor
Kingdom of Scottlands
Kingdom of Scottlands
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:55 pm

The Holy Empire of Artite wrote:

I am not a member of the SC but I would like to voice my concerns about this because if this is passed it will surely be a negative in Artitian legislation making. You should look at the current nations and their systems. For instance Artite is a majority Catholic and we frown down upon other religions, in fact going to war over religion is in Artite's past. Not everyone has a right to social security. In fact Artite has no social security. You work and you save for your future, the state does nothing or very little to help an individual out.Especially not everyone has a right to opinion. That is not a human right, it is not my right as a human being to have an opinion and surely is not a right of Artitians. It is not a right God gave to man. If you are going to make Acts such as these which is perfectly fine and a huge leap in the right direction. But you must be open minded about nations steeped in Theocratic Tradition. Just voicing my concerns, I agree with some of these and HUGELY disagree with a couple others and I think you know what they are but I like this Act and if the SC could rewrite it I am sure that it will be passed in no time.

Thank you. And as we have repeatedly stated, nothing will happen to any country if they chose not to follow this Act based on their culture or beliefs. The only problem will happen if we include a provision giving punishments to nations that will not follow this Act, which is not and will never be the case.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Xolox Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:07 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:
Thank you. And as we have repeatedly stated, nothing will happen to any country if they chose not to follow this Act based on their culture or beliefs. The only problem will happen if we include a provision giving punishments to nations that will not follow this Act, which is not and will never be the case.

You keep saying that, but what is the point of passing the act if it has no power or effect?
Xolox
Xolox
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:31 pm

Xolox wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

You keep saying that, but what is the point of passing the act if it has no power or effect?

I agree with Xolox, it's more like saying this law is: "WA Human Rights Suggestions"
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebsotz Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:50 am

The COR came up with the verdict:

A 1. For.

A 2. Not sure.

A 3. Against.

A 4. For.

A 5. For.

A 6. Not Sure.

A 7. For.

A 8. For.

A 9. Not Sure.

A 10. Not Sure.

A 11. For.

A 12. For.
Ebsotz
Ebsotz
Powerbroker

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=ebsotz

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:54 am

Ebsotz wrote:The COR came up with the verdict:

A 1. For.

A 2. Not sure.

A 3. Against.

A 4. For.

A 5. For.

A 6. Not Sure.

A 7. For.

A 8. For.

A 9. Not Sure.

A 10. Not Sure.

A 11. For.

A 12. For.

You're against Article 3. Everyone has the right to life and liberty.? Why?
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Muchos Estados Unidos Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:35 pm

I am in favor. This is the greatest law mankind can make.
Muchos Estados Unidos
Muchos Estados Unidos
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Xolox Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:47 pm

Muchos Estados Unidos wrote:I am in favor. This is the greatest law mankind can make.

Sounds like Eurussia's military is talking for you!
Xolox
Xolox
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next