World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Dismissed) Elections Procedure Act

+4
Türkiye
Aloia
Great Eurussia
Ronald
8 posters

Go down

(Dismissed) Elections Procedure Act Empty (Dismissed) Elections Procedure Act

Post  Ronald Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:42 am

1. All World Alliance Elections will be handled by the Chief Justice and Founder in collaboration.
2. Everyone who wishes to vote must send a TG to the Founder and Chief Justice detailing their votes.  
3. The invalidation of votes and/or candidacies must be approved by a majority in the Court of Justice, the Founder may suggest it but may not vote or act unilaterally on the invalidation.
4. At the end of the election cycle both the Founder and Chief Justice will compare their results and post the official results in collaboration with each other.
Ronald
Ronald
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) Elections Procedure Act Empty Re: (Dismissed) Elections Procedure Act

Post  Great Eurussia Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:32 pm

Schorr wrote:1. All World Alliance Elections will be handled by the Chief Justice and Founder in collaboration.
2. Everyone who wishes to vote must send a TG to the Founder and Chief Justice detailing their votes.
3. The invalidation of votes and/or candidacies must be approved by a majority in the Court of Justice, the Founder may suggest it but may not vote or act unilaterally on the invalidation.
4. At the end of the election cycle both the Founder and Chief Justice will compare their results and post the official results in collaboration with each other.

Eurussia supports the intention of this proposal, however, the title doesn't represent the entire procedures of an international election, therefore, we ask the proponent to further revise and study election procedures to have a fair election results.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) Elections Procedure Act Empty Re: (Dismissed) Elections Procedure Act

Post  Aloia Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:54 pm

Aloia votes in favor of the current form of the bill and any future incarnations.
Aloia
Aloia
Potential World Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=aloia

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronald Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:18 pm

I vote yes obviously
Ronald
Ronald
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Türkiye Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:24 pm

TFR is not sure 100% but for now TFR votes no. Because if Founder or Chief of Justice maybe will not count the votes and maybe that can cause more problems in WA
Türkiye
Türkiye
Powerbroker

Location : Istanbul, Turkey, Europe, World, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe

Back to top Go down

Post  Unovia Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:37 pm

We suggest revising this Act. We have a problem with sending the votes over TG. Some nations, like founders and regional leadership, tend to get a lot of TG's. Would you create a seperate folder for vote totals on the TG system? Honestly, I think our current procedure works well. For now, I vote NO.
Unovia
Unovia
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronald Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:36 am

Unovia wrote:We suggest revising this Act. We have a problem with sending the votes over TG. Some nations, like founders and regional leadership, tend to get a lot of TG's. Would you create a seperate folder for vote totals on the TG system? Honestly, I think our current procedure works well. For now, I vote NO.

It works well? Are you paying attention to the current court cases? We need to have at least 2 people monitoring the elections, and we need to underline that the Court must be the one to invalidate votes. The TG idea is to ensure voter confidentiality as I feel people should be able to vote without worrying about others knowing their votes. If you have suggestions about revisions we are open to them.
Ronald
Ronald
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronald Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:38 am

Turkiye Federal Republic wrote:TFR is not sure 100% but for now TFR votes no. Because if Founder or Chief of Justice maybe will not count the votes and maybe that can cause more problems in WA

Can you clarify your problem with it, I don't get your reason.

Ronald
Ronald
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:40 am

Eurussia, seeing that the proponent has no intention of accepting the proposals forwarded by other member states, votes now AGAINST the Election Procedures Act.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:45 am

PROPOSAL STATUS

YES - 2 ( Aloia, Schorr )
NO - 2 ( Turkiye, Eurussia)

PENDING - 3 ( Broatia, Unovia, Europa )

OOC: All members must cast their votes.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronald Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:45 am

Great Eurussia wrote:Eurussia, seeing that the proponent has no intention of accepting the proposals forwarded by other member states, votes now AGAINST the Election Procedures Act.

Um what is that supposed to mean I'm trying to fix it do everyone would like it, but I need some suggestions.
Ronald
Ronald
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Unovia Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:52 am

Schorr wrote:
Unovia wrote:We suggest revising this Act. We have a problem with sending the votes over TG. Some nations, like founders and regional leadership, tend to get a lot of TG's. Would you create a seperate folder for vote totals on the TG system? Honestly, I think our current procedure works well. For now, I vote NO.

It works well? Are you paying attention to the current court cases? We need to have at least 2 people monitoring the elections, and we need to underline that the Court must be the one to invalidate votes. The TG idea is to ensure voter confidentiality as I feel people should be able to vote without worrying about others knowing their votes. If you have suggestions about revisions we are open to them.
I notice you did not discuss the other part of my posting. I suggest that in the next election, we give it a trial run and see how it will work in a real situation.
Unovia
Unovia
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Türkiye Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:15 am

Unovia wrote:
Schorr wrote:

I notice you did not discuss the other part of my posting. I suggest that in the next election, we give it a trial run and see how it will work in a real situation.
Yeah maybe we can try it ones for see if it works or not. If it works, we can use it but if it doesn't work and make more situations, we need to say no for it. I will vote yes if it works(Not sure if I will resume my job or not)
Türkiye
Türkiye
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Türkiye Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:18 am

Schorr wrote:
Turkiye Federal Republic wrote:TFR is not sure 100% but for now TFR votes no. Because if Founder or Chief of Justice maybe will not count the votes and maybe that can cause more problems in WA

Can you clarify your problem with it, I don't get your reason.

I think it can cause more situations because if Founder or Chief of Justice didn't see some posts, result will be different and that will be unfair but we can try it because this ellections also causes situations.
Türkiye
Türkiye
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronald Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:12 am

I see your point, if someone sends a TG to the CJ and not the founder or vice versa the votes would not count?
Ronald
Ronald
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:50 am

Eurussia suggests that votes remain transparent, just look on how the UN General Assembly cast their votes and even the UN Security Council, it in open and transparent. And we believe that we are in the same setup.

We do suggest that there should be reforms on how elections should be done.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:59 pm

PROPOSAL STATUS

YES - 1 ( Schorr )
NO - 1 ( Eurussia)

PENDING - 5 ( Broatia, Browera, Newasia, New Zealand, Europa )

Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Greater Broatia Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:47 am

Broatia Votes no. Transperancy should remain how it is.
Greater Broatia
Greater Broatia
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronald Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:10 am

Transparant on their votes, why?
Ronald
Ronald
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:19 pm

Greater Broatia wrote:Broatia Votes no. Transperancy should remain how it is.

I agree. I vote NO, transparency is a must.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=new-zealand

Back to top Go down

Post  Browera Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:41 pm

I agree to making a law in which elections procedure is in black and white so nothing like this can happen again but I don't like how voting is private. It can cause to much distress, distrust and problems. So I'll vote NO on this one and urge a change to make voting transparent.
Browera
Browera
Recognized State

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=browera

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:06 pm

Eurussia reiterates its position that it is against this proposal and any law that will make the votes of countries in private. This should be in utmost transparency since we all deal with international votes of different national governments.

However, we welcome any law that will outline the procedures in conducting international elections as it is the primary objective of this proposal.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:14 pm

PROPOSAL STATUS

YES - 1 ( Schorr )
NO - 4 ( Eurussia, Broatia, New Zealand, Browera )

PENDING - 2 ( Newasia, Europa )

Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:26 pm

OOC: Citing the imminent defeat of this proposal and as well as the newly proposed revision of this proposal has been forwarded, this shall be considered dismissed.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down