World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Dismissed) WA Nation Disciplinary Act

+2
Great Eurussia
UnitedStatesOfScouting
6 posters

Go down

(Dismissed) WA Nation Disciplinary Act  Empty (Dismissed) WA Nation Disciplinary Act

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:51 pm

In order to provide the WASC a proper way to discipline nations whom have broken the law, I've decided to provide this act.

In order to qualify for WASC action, a member nation must have done one (or more) of the following:

• Human Rights Violation (PENDING FUTURE LAW(S) )
  • Violation of WASC Acts and Laws (This applies to any Act/Law that doesn't have a disciplinary action outlined)
  • Excessive Spamming of WMB

Once it's determined that a nation qualifies under one (or more) of these items, a thread may be created in the WASC forums. This thread will nominate a country to have the WASC condemn. Upon a majority vote (50% +1), the nomination will pass and the WASC will condemn the country officially via TG and closing of the WASC thread. The condemn will act as a 'warning' to let them know that the WASC is aware of their actions and will not hesitate in the future to take further action.

Should a nation whom belongs to the WASC be found in violation, the WASC may call to vote to remove the WASC member immediately. The WASC member will have 2 days to issue a formal statement in the thread and answer any questions asked. The WASC member nation must have a unanimous vote against him to be removed from the WASC.

Should a nation whom has already been condemned continue to be in violation 48 hours or more after the condemn was received, the WASC may bring to vote to remove the government from the nation from the region. In order for the removal to occur, 85% of the WASC must vote in favor.

Should a nation whom was removed from the WASC for a violation be found in violation once again, the WASC may call to vote to condemn the nation using the regular procedure above. If the WASC wishes to pursue removal of current government, the WASC should follow the regular procedure above after the condemn.

**CLAUSE** The WASC reserves the right to bring up a proposal to condemn, remove from WASC, or remove the government of any nation at any time. If the proposal is outside the parameters above, the President of the WASC must approve the reason provided in the proposal before ANY discussion or votes begin. This law will apply to any grounds at the discretion of the Security Council when it acts through its judicial power except for laws that has specified measures of punishments or the like.

OOC: Removal of Government is a fancy way of saying banish them from the region. The removal of the government fits with RP so long as the "WA Land Bidding Act" passes, which allows for another nation to claim the land of a ejected or banished nation.

Last edited by UnitedStatesOfScouting on Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=scouting

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) WA Nation Disciplinary Act  Empty NOTICE

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:47 pm

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:In order to provide the WASC a proper way to discipline nations whom have broken the law, I've decided to provide this act.

In order to qualify for WASC action, a member nation must have done one (or more) of the following:

• Human Rights Violation
  • Violation of WASC Acts and Laws

Once it's determined that a nation qualifies under one (or more) of these items, a thread may be created in the WASC forums. This thread will nominate a country to have the WASC condemn. Upon a majority vote (50% +1), the nomination will pass and the WASC will condemn the country officially via TG and closing of the WASC thread. The condemn will act as a 'warning' to let them know that the WASC is aware of their actions and will not hesitate in the future to take further action.

Should a nation whom belongs to the WASC be found in violation, the WASC may call to vote to remove the WASC member immediately. The WASC member will have 2 days to issue a formal statement in the thread and answer any questions asked. The WASC member nation must have a unanimous vote against him to be removed from the WASC.

Should a nation whom has already been condemned continue to be in violation 48 hours or more after the condemn was received, the WASC may bring to vote to banish the nation from the region. In order to banish the nation, 85% of the WASC must vote in favor.

Should a nation whom was removed from the WASC for a violation be found in violation once again, the WASC may call to vote to condemn the nation using the regular procedure above. If the WASC wishes to pursue banishment, the WASC should follow the regular procedure above after the condemn.

**CLAUSE** The WASC reserves the right to bring up a proposal to condemn, remove from WASC, or banish any nation at any time. If the proposal is outside the parameters above, the President of the WASC must approve the reason provided in the proposal before ANY discussion or votes begin.

The proposal is open for three (3) days debate and amendments. Thereafter, a two (2) day vote will be called. Please be guided.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) WA Nation Disciplinary Act  Empty Re: (Dismissed) WA Nation Disciplinary Act

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:08 pm

Is this outside roleplay? What constitutes a human rights violation?
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) WA Nation Disciplinary Act  Empty Re: (Dismissed) WA Nation Disciplinary Act

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:24 am

Great Eurussia wrote:Is this outside roleplay? What constitutes a human rights violation?

This is not outside RP, as for Human Rights, I could use some help defining that. Or perhaps have an entirely separate law for that.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:47 am

Article 1.

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Article 2.

Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.

Article 3.

Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.

Article 4.

No one shall be held in slavery or servitude; slavery and the slave trade shall be prohibited in all their forms.

Article 5.

No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.

(OOC: This was copied off of the United Nations, although it should suffice. This is not the entire Human Rights article, as some things would be considered 'extreme' to some nations. I think we can all agree with the rest. Article 4 may raise some brows, but I think that's all.)
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  The Holy Empire of Artite Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:11 am

This is a great proposal except I think that human rights should be a completely different proposal and have nothing to do with this. I don't think banning a nation because of human rights violations should be even thought of, it is grounds for embargoes and sanctions but not getting kicked out of a region. Anyway, I like this proposal though I can not vote I would like to express my concerns and my support for this proposal and hope that my representative shows the same kind of support for it.
The Holy Empire of Artite
The Holy Empire of Artite
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Xolox Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:33 am

Let's just remove anyone who doesn't agree! Against
Xolox
Xolox
Regional Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=xolox

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:16 am

The Holy Empire of Artite wrote:This is a great proposal except I think that human rights should be a completely different proposal and have nothing to do with this. I don't think banning a nation because of human rights violations should be even thought of, it is grounds for embargoes and sanctions but not getting kicked out of a region. Anyway, I like this proposal though I can not vote I would like to express my concerns and my support for this proposal and hope that my representative shows the same kind of support for it.

I also agree with Artite. The human rights grounds should be left in roleplay but technically, this proposal is out-of-character since kicking out a nation from the region doesn't involve roleplay. This is the reason why I came up with the idea of the WA LAND BIDDING ACT so as to complement with the sudden lost of a nation from our roleplay..
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Zanland Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:18 am

Against
Zanland
Zanland
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:12 am

Xolox wrote:Let's just remove anyone who doesn't agree! Against

You do realize that the removal requires 85% of the WASC vote? It's not a simple majority. Plus, there are parameters that the WASC has to follow, unless the President approves otherwise.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:21 am

***I've updated the law to rephrase the action to "Removal of Government" which basically means banishment in OOC form. Furthermore, I've added a PENDING next to Human Rights, which will allow us to adopt an official Human Rights law should the WASC choose to.***
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Muchos Estados Unidos Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:34 pm

Favor
Muchos Estados Unidos
Muchos Estados Unidos
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:05 pm

FOR, I am happy to take other WASC members inputs.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:10 pm

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:In order to provide the WASC a proper way to discipline nations whom have broken the law, I've decided to provide this act.

• Human Rights Violation 

Should a nation whom has already been condemned continue to be in violation 48 hours or more after the condemn was received, the WASC may bring to vote to remove the government from the nation from the region. In order for the removal to occur, 85% of the WASC must vote in favor.

Should a nation whom was removed from the WASC for a violation be found in violation once again, the WASC may call to vote to condemn the nation using the regular procedure above. If the WASC wishes to pursue removal of current government, the WASC should follow the regular procedure above after the condemn.

**CLAUSE** The WASC reserves the right to bring up a proposal to condemn, remove from WASC, or remove the government of any nation at any time. If the proposal is outside the parameters above, the President of the WASC must approve the reason provided in the proposal before ANY discussion or votes begin.

OOC: Removal of Government is a fancy way of saying banish them from the region. The removal of the government fits with RP so long as the "WA Land Bidding Act" passes, which allows for another nation to claim the land of a ejected or banished nation.

We voice our opposition on the inclusion of this provision since generalizing a punishment with regards to several laws is unfair since there are laws that are not too strict and there are laws that serves as simple guide. Therefore, we move to struck the provision out of the proposal and leave each Security Council approved laws to determine the gravity of individual punishments or measures.

Not to mention that laws passed by the Security Council are either out-of-character in nature and others are roleplaying in nature. And this proposal cover out-of-character actions because this involves banning and ejection.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:35 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:

• Human Rights Violation 

**CLAUSE** The WASC reserves the right to bring up a proposal to condemn, remove from WASC, or remove the government of any nation at any time. If the proposal is outside the parameters above, the President of the WASC must approve the reason provided in the proposal before ANY discussion or votes begin.

We voice our opposition on the inclusion of this provision since generalizing a punishment with regards to several laws is unfair since there are laws that are not too strict and there are laws that serves as simple guide. Therefore, we move to struck the provision out of the proposal and leave each Security Council approved laws to determine the gravity of individual punishments or measures.
Not to mention that laws passed by the Security Council are either out-of-character in nature and others are roleplaying in nature. And this proposal cover out-of-character actions because this involves banning and ejection.

Here are the current laws that can be violated:

https://worldalliance.forumotion.co.uk/t590-passed-wa-roleplaying-act
https://worldalliance.forumotion.co.uk/t564-passed-wa-accountability-act
https://worldalliance.forumotion.co.uk/t559-passed-wa-neutral-territories-act
https://worldalliance.forumotion.co.uk/t585-passed-wa-security-council-act

And for further clarification, the laws under the "Repeal Existing Laws" motion, are they all "Repealed" or some just renamed, as mentioned in the law? Because if they're not all repealed, we need clarification on which laws are in effect.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:02 am

***In order to try to meet Great Eurussia half-way, we've added in the note that any law/act that doesn't have a disciplinary action outlined will be the only laws/acts that will be effected by this act.***
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:32 pm

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:***In order to try to meet Great Eurussia half-way, we've added in the note that any law/act that doesn't have a disciplinary action outlined will be the only laws/acts that will be effected by this act.***

Thank you. But after careful thought, it would in our best interests if we simply include a provision stating that the law will apply to any grounds at the discretion of the Security Council when it acts through its judicial power except for laws that has specified measures of punishments or the like.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:28 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:
UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:***In order to try to meet Great Eurussia half-way, we've added in the note that any law/act that doesn't have a disciplinary action outlined will be the only laws/acts that will be effected by this act.***

Thank you. But after careful thought, it would in our best interests if we simply include a provision stating that the law will apply to any grounds at the discretion of the Security Council when it acts through its judicial power except for laws that has specified measures of punishments or the like.

I've added it to the Clause.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:15 am

Still awaiting further discussion and/or votes. Please speak your mind!
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) WA Nation Disciplinary Act  Empty NOTICE

Post  Great Eurussia Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:19 pm

• Human Rights Violation (PENDING FUTURE LAW(S) )
  • Violation of WASC Acts and Laws (This applies to any Act/Law that doesn't have a disciplinary action outlined)

**CLAUSE** The WASC reserves the right to bring up a proposal to condemn, remove from WASC, or remove the government of any nation at any time. If the proposal is outside the parameters above, the President of the WASC must approve the reason provided in the proposal before ANY discussion or votes begin. This law will apply to any grounds at the discretion of the Security Council when it acts through its judicial power except for laws that has specified measures of punishments or the like.

A vote is hereby called for two (2) days.

The STATUS OF VOTES are:
* Pending - (10) - China China, Scottlands, Eurussia, Chivalry, Articmainia, Ebsotz, North Korreaa, Serenarea , Snarfia, New Rhodinia

* Yes - (2) -
 Muchos Estados Unidos, Scouting

No - (2) - Xolox, Zanland   

Abstain - (0) 

* NOTE: Ten votes are required for the proposal to pass.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) WA Nation Disciplinary Act  Empty Dismissed

Post  Great Eurussia Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:09 am

Dismissed.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down