World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Dismissed) Green Lunar Act

+10
Aloia
Great Eurussia
Europe and Asia
United States of Europe
Arveyres
Planitan Commonwealth
Atletius
Marquette (of Pacific)
Federation of Antanares
Trapatrical
14 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

(Dismissed) Green Lunar Act Empty (Dismissed) Green Lunar Act

Post  Trapatrical Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:53 am

Greetings, delegates. This proposal pertains to a highly debated topic of developing green energy facilities on the surface of our moon. The technology would strictly be solar panels that would cover the surface of the illuminated side of the moon (with the suggestion of moon colonies that would be be accounted for). However, the Island Republic implores nations with lunar investments to consider the benefits of this project.

1) Unlimited amounts of green energy delivered in large quantities.

2) A push towards a greener future without fossil fuel or nuclear dependence.

3) A more diplomatic approach to lunar collaborations between nations and, hopefully, a step towards a more connected World Alliance.

4) Distribution of energy would be based on the percentage of investments among nations. In simpler terms, the more you invest = the more energy you receive.

In addition to this project, a new commission will be created to deal with all future endeavors regarding the moon:

1) Establishes the first World Alliance Moon Commission, de facto headed by a Secretary General from Trapatrical and headquartered in Saint Petersburg, Eurussia. It will ensure that the Moon, being the sole celestial body orbiting on Earth, shall be used for the benefit of all states and all peoples of the world preventing the Moon to become a source of international conflict.

2) Requires that the first World Alliance Moon Commission to ensure that the Moon is not being used for any military purposes; it's environment prevented from being altered; it's open for research purposes of all nations; it's sovereignty is not claimed by any single state or a group of states; and is never explored for any purpose without any explicit benefit to all states and all peoples of the world.

3) Insists that the World Alliance Moon Commission shall oversee the planning, development, and implementation of the Green Lunar Project.

Last edited by Trapatrical on Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:50 am; edited 3 times in total
Trapatrical
Trapatrical
Recognized State

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=trapatrical

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) Green Lunar Act Empty Re: (Dismissed) Green Lunar Act

Post  Federation of Antanares Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:03 am

Exactly, what are these imperialist nations nominated in the act?
Also, exactly, what you propose? The construction of a ring, without compromise between who want and who don't want the Ring?
Also, it's really unclear exactly the really advantage of this project. You talk about free unlimited energy, but who want to maintain the entire ring? And also, it's clear that the Ring could have collector only on the side in face of the Sun. Why exactly is necessary a part on the dark side?
Federation of Antanares
Federation of Antanares
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:05 am

Federation of Antanares wrote:Exactly, what are these imperialist nations nominated in the act?
Also, exactly, what you propose? The construction of a ring, without compromise between who want and who don't want the Ring?
Also, it's really unclear exactly the really advantage of this project. You talk about free unlimited energy, but who want to maintain the entire ring? And also, it's clear that the Ring could have collector only on the side in face of the Sun. Why exactly is necessary a part on the dark side?
Antanares, stay out of this. The only thing you can say here is "Favour" or "Against". So i suggest you delete that comment.
Oh! And the moon revolves just like the earth so we made a ring so it can produce energy 24 hours a day without having problems with facing the sun.

Back to top Go down

Post  Federation of Antanares Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:11 am

There is not an act to vote for know, this is the phase of discussion.
Also, I think you must reconsider your words. I don't know what the professors of natural sciences said in Stirva, but the Moon have a face every time against the sun and one against the Earth. For this we have a Dark and a Light side.
Earth and Moon have synchronized orbit. I can't explain it better for my limited capacity with the English, but I suggest you to read the page of Wikipedia about.
Federation of Antanares
Federation of Antanares
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:13 am

Federation of Antanares wrote:There is not an act to vote for know, this is the phase of discussion.
Also, I think you must reconsider your words. I don't know what the professors of natural sciences said in Stirva, but the Moon have a face every time against the sun and one against the  Earth. For this we have a Dark and a Light side.
Earth and Moon have synchronized orbit. I can't explain it better for my limited capacity with the English, but I suggest you to read the page of Wikipedia about.
WE ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO PUT AN ARGUMENT HERE, WE AGREED ON SHUTTING UP UNTIL THE LEGISLATION HAS PASSED SO STOP!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:15 am

Federation of Antanares wrote:There is not an act to vote for know, this is the phase of discussion.
Also, I think you must reconsider your words. I don't know what the professors of natural sciences said in Stirva, but the Moon have a face every time against the sun and one against the  Earth. For this we have a Dark and a Light side.
Hmmm. There is one thing however. The earth revolves around the sun so if the moon doesn't revolve but a different side of it will face the sun as the earth revolves around it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:16 am

Stirva wrote:
Federation of Antanares wrote:Exactly, what are these imperialist nations nominated in the act?
Antanares, stay out of this. The only thing you can say here is "Favour" or "Against". So i suggest you delete that comment.
Oh! And the moon revolves just like the earth so we made a ring so it can produce energy 24 hours a day without having problems with facing the sun.
IT IS NOT YOUR JOB TO TELL PEOPLE WHAT THEY CAN AND CANNOT SAY. ANTANARES IS A MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT AND HE CAN DEBATE IT JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

That being said, we are currently in the debating stage. Debating will end at 0:00 GMT on the 24th of November, after that, a day of voting will ensue.

Anyway, this bill sounds like it is promoting imperialism... like a LOT.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:17 am

K. 2 against how many are in favour?

Back to top Go down

Post  Federation of Antanares Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:17 am

I don't know exactly where you think to stay, but the World Alliance is a democratic region, everyone have the rights to talk. I suggest you to lower the tones of your voices. Also, there is not an act ready for the voting.
And in a democracy there is the right to do opposition to a project. Antanares have the power to talk and would do it.
Federation of Antanares
Federation of Antanares
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:19 am

Stirva wrote:
WE ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO PUT AN ARGUMENT HERE, WE AGREED ON SHUTTING UP UNTIL THE LEGISLATION HAS PASSED SO STOP!
WE ARE SUPPOSED TO DEBATE HERE. THE POINT IS NOT TO PASS IT AND THEN DEBATE IT, THE POINT IS TO DEBATE IT BEFORE WE VOTE. STOP TRYING TO MANIPULATE PEOPLE INTO MINDLESSLY  PASSING YOUR LEGISLATION
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:21 am

Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:
Stirva wrote:
WE ARE SUPPOSED TO DEBATE HERE. THE POINT IS NOT TO PASS IT AND THEN DEBATE IT, THE POINT IS TO DEBATE IT BEFORE WE VOTE. STOP TRYING TO MANIPULATE PEOPLE INTO MINDLESSLY  PASSING YOUR LEGISLATION
Look who's talking.

Back to top Go down

Post  Atletius Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:21 am

Trapatrical wrote:Greetings, delegates. This proposal pertains to a highly debated topic of developing green energy facilities on the surface of our moon. The technology would strictly be solar panels that would cover the circumference of the moon (with the suggestion of moon colonies that would be be accounted for). However, the Island Republic implores nations with lunar investments to consider the benefits of this project.

1) Unlimited amounts of green energy delivered in large quantities.

2) A push towards a greener future without fossil fuel or nuclear dependence.

3) A more diplomatic approach to lunar collaborations between imperialist nations and, hopefully, a step towards a more connected World Alliance.

This proposal is open to amendments, but they will only be accepted scarcely.

-I'll post an image of the blueprints when I'm not at school-
Remove the references to imperialism. This will never pass if you appear to be promoting imperialism.
Secondly, make it so that the scheme is entirely voluntary and will not be forced on any nation that does not want to a part of the scheme.
Atletius
Atletius
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:24 am

Stirva wrote:
Stirva wrote:
Look who's talking.
Yes, the Speaker of the Parliament is speaking.

@Atletius,

Yes, it will be forced on the rest of us. Our moon will be ruined and that doesn't change, whether we fund it or not.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:26 am

Stirva wrote:
Stirva wrote:
Look who's talking.
Yes, the Speaker of the Parliament is speaking.

@Atletius,

Yes, it will be forced on the rest of us. Our moon will be ruined and that doesn't change, whether we fund it or not.
Beautiful moon or better future? Which do you choose?

Back to top Go down

Post  Atletius Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:27 am

@Atletius,

The proposal needs to be changed. I suggest rather than having solar panels along the circumference, have many small solar farms on pre determined, non sovereign land. This wouldn't ruin the appearance of the moon and wouldn't mean any impinging on sovereign moon colonies.
Atletius
Atletius
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:32 am

Atletius wrote:
@Atletius,

The proposal needs to be changed. I suggest rather than having solar panels along the circumference, have many small solar farms on pre determined, non sovereign land. This wouldn't ruin the appearance of the moon and wouldn't mean any impinging on sovereign moon colonies.
That can however be done but it will be less effective and will require MASSIVE amounts of money to rewrite the blueprints.

Back to top Go down

Post  Atletius Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:38 am

Stirva wrote:
Atletius wrote:
@Atletius,

That can however be done but it will be less effective and will require MASSIVE amounts of money to rewrite the blueprints.
Realistically speaking, rewriting blueprints will not cost huge amounts of money.
Secondly, with my suggestion this will have a chance of passing. In its current state it will never pass, a small decrease in output is worth actually passing the law.
Atletius
Atletius
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Planitan Commonwealth Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:44 am

For
Planitan Commonwealth
Planitan Commonwealth
Regional Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=freedom_planita_2

Back to top Go down

Post  Arveyres Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:08 am

We would be against this proposal.
Arveyres
Arveyres
Potential World Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=holy_patrician_states

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:21 am

3 for 3 against.

Back to top Go down

Post  Atletius Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:28 am

I will vote FOR if my suggested changes are made.
Atletius
Atletius
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Federation of Antanares Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:38 am

Why you votes? Marquette said that untile the 00.00 of the 24th of November is the phase of discussion
Federation of Antanares
Federation of Antanares
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:44 am

Federation of Antanares wrote:Why you votes? Marquette said that untile the 00.00 of the 24th of November is the phase of discussion
That is when it ends.

Back to top Go down

Post  Federation of Antanares Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:45 am

"That being said, we are currently in the debating stage. Debating will end at 0:00 GMT on the 24th of November, after that, a day of voting will ensue."

Words of Marquette, the speaker.
Federation of Antanares
Federation of Antanares
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Atletius Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:48 am

Ok,neither way it's unlikely my vote will change, but we'll see.
Atletius
Atletius
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next