World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Dismissed) Kyongdong Program Investigation

+7
Marquette (of Pacific)
New Tarajan
Federation of Antanares
Great Eurussia
Texania
Dromoda
Europe and Asia
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

(Dismissed) Kyongdong Program Investigation Empty (Dismissed) Kyongdong Program Investigation

Post  Europe and Asia Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:04 am

The Court of Justice will now begin an investigation into a possible breach of the Nuclear Test Ban Act and the Biological and Chemical Weapons Ban Act, respectively.

The Kyongdong Program is hereby suspended pending the completion of this Tribunal's Inquiry, and all relevant tests and developments are suspended.  

The De Facto Administrator of the Kyongdong Program is hereby issued a subpoena ad testificandum to appear before this tribunal, and all members involved in the Kyongdong Program are ordered to appear.

Any nation with evidence related to this case is encouraged to come forward and present it at this time. Should sufficient evidence amount that the Program is illegal, a proper Judicial Case shall begin.

Last edited by Europe and Asia on Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:11 am; edited 3 times in total
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) Kyongdong Program Investigation Empty Re: (Dismissed) Kyongdong Program Investigation

Post  Dromoda Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:58 am

Europe and Asia wrote:The Court of Justice will now begin an investigation into a possible breach of the Nuclear Test Ban Act and the Biological and Chemical Weapons Ban Act, respectively.

The Kyongdong Program is hereby suspended pending the completion of this Tribunal's Inquiry, and all relevant tests and developments are suspended.  

The De Facto Administrator of the Kyongdong Program is hereby issued a subpoena ad testificandum to appear before this tribunal, and all members involved in the Kyongdong Program are ordered to appear.

Any nation with evidence related to this case is encouraged to come forward and present it at this time. Should sufficient evidence amount that the Program is illegal, a proper Judicial Case shall begin.

their is no use of nuclear material so a nuclear investigation is not realistic.

Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) Kyongdong Program Investigation Empty Re: (Dismissed) Kyongdong Program Investigation

Post  Texania Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:04 am

It is dark matter, not uranium. It does not target Biology nor is it chemical. This claim is utterly logic less.
Texania
Texania
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:54 am

Europe and Asia wrote:The Court of Justice will now begin an investigation into a possible breach of the Nuclear Test Ban Act and the Biological and Chemical Weapons Ban Act, respectively.

Eurussia has high respects to the Court of Justice. However, we believe that under the Constitution and even the Judicial Protocol Act, much more in court of laws, a court can never initiate an investigation of its own, much more stop an activity without a complaint.
On this grounds, Eurussia will not recognize such illegal order from the Court to stop the Kyongdong Program as we see this as a plain abuse of power.
And we, as sovereign states, demand the Court to satisfy us, particularly nations in the Kyongdong Program to justify its actions under the law. Otherwise, stopping the Kyongdong Program will simply be baseless.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  Federation of Antanares Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:45 am

If I can say a word, I think we can let them continue their works on the anti-matter. For the goal that they want to achieve, it's probably the most big waste of time possible. The production of 1 gram of anti-hydrogen costs 62,5$ trillions of dollar and they want to produce a bomb, and in future an energy plant. In an era where we have fusion and array to collect solar energy, I don't know why we must spend these money into a program that, comparing costs and profits, is a total waste of time, energy and resources. And, also, I don't know why this court must spend time and energy controlling them. Their bomb, to be powerful than one of our fusion bomb, will cost more and more than one of our, with less power.

OOC: I used Wikipedia like source. If I did any misunderstanding, please tell me.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimatter#Artificial_production
Federation of Antanares
Federation of Antanares
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:40 am

This is not a comment as President of the Council, but as a responsible member of the International Community.
We are fully in support of this investigation.

Of course, this new bomb is not nuclear, not biological and not chemical.
But the problem is that it's still a WMD: moreover, it's probably the most powerful WMD the World Alliance has seen until now.
This lead us to a simple question: why did the WA Government, time ago, approve a law which banned Nuclear Tests....and Chemical and Biological Weapons? Obviously, because they are terribly dangerous weapons.
And this is exactly the same case, if not more dangerous.
We are the first to affirm that any country has its own right to deterrence and self-defense; New Tarajan itself is a nuclear power; however, the power this weapon could release could harm everybody, literally destroying entire countries.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:44 am

Federation of Antanares wrote:If I can say a word, I think we can let them continue their works on the anti-matter. For the goal that they want to achieve, it's probably the most big waste of time possible. The production of 1 gram of anti-hydrogen costs 62,5$ trillions of dollar and they want to produce a bomb, and in future an energy plant. In an era where we have fusion and array to collect solar energy, I don't know why we must spend these money into a program that, comparing costs and profits, is a total waste of time, energy and resources. And, also, I don't know why this court must spend time and energy controlling them. Their bomb, to be powerful than one of our fusion bomb, will cost more and more than one of our, with less power.

OOC: I used Wikipedia like source. If I did any misunderstanding, please tell me.

Not to mention, there is no legal grounds for such kind of investigation infringing ones' sovereignty.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:47 am

Thank you for allowing this illegal and baseless investigation dismissible outright. Coming from a non-participating country, the Kyongdong Program is not nuclear, not biological, and not chemical. Thanks.
Anyways, this is not the right place for thia debate.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:59 am

Great Eurussia wrote:
Federation of Antanares wrote:If I can say a word, I think we can let them continue their works on the anti-matter. For the goal that they want to achieve, it's probably the most big waste of time possible. The production of 1 gram of anti-hydrogen costs 62,5$ trillions of dollar and they want to produce a bomb, and in future an energy plant. In an era where we have fusion and array to collect solar energy, I don't know why we must spend these money into a program that, comparing costs and profits, is a total waste of time, energy and resources. And, also, I don't know why this court must spend time and energy controlling them. Their bomb, to be powerful than one of our fusion bomb, will cost more and more than one of our, with less power.

Not to mention, there is no legal grounds for such kind of investigation infringing ones' sovereignty.

The Court reserves the right to initiate an investigation if it feels a law is being violated in any such form. Furthermore, an investigation is most certainly not a breach of sovereignty. If it were, every case would be a violation of sovereignty. I will remind you again, for what feels like the thousandth time, (hyperbole, in case you were unaware) that the court knows the law.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:01 am

Great Eurussia wrote:

Thank you for allowing this illegal and baseless investigation dismissible outright. Coming from a non-participating country, the Kyongdong Program is not nuclear, not biological, and not chemical. Thanks.
Anyways, this is not the right place for thia debate.

Moreover, you are not to dictate what is illegal. You are not a Justice. You are a member of a possibly (Before you extrapolate meaninglessly as you are want to do, I used the word "possibly" in the sense of "It might be") illegal program, and thusly are under investigation.

Furthermore, whether or not you recognize the investigation is irrelevant. You're still a part of it.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:02 am

Europe and Asia wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

The Court reserves the right to initiate an investigation if it feels a law is being violated in any such form. Furthermore, an investigation is most certainly not a breach of sovereignty. If it were, every case would be a violation of sovereignty. I will remind you again, for what feels like the thousandth time, (hyperbole, in case you were unaware) that the court knows the law.

Where did the Court got this right?
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:04 am

Ah, but it is a weapon of mass destruction, which is why the bill was proposed to the Council.

Personally, we [Marquette] think the Kyongdong program is a deplorable mission by the world's warmongering countries to avoid international resolutions passed in order to keep the world a safe, peaceful place. The need for such a powerful bomb is simply not there in this day and age. People, we live in a time where peaceful solutions are almost always taken by developed, sophisticated nations, so it is really telling of the geopolitical rank of the participant states.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:07 am

Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:Ah, but it is a weapon of mass destruction, which is why the bill was proposed to the Council.

Personally, we [Marquette] think the Kyongdong program is a deplorable mission by the world's warmongering countries to avoid international resolutions passed in order to keep the world a safe, peaceful place. The need for such a powerful bomb is simply not there in this day and age. People, we live in a time where peaceful solutions are almost always taken by developed, sophisticated nations, so it is really telling of the geopolitical rank of the participant states.

Not to mention, that every nation can do this program or a kind of this program on their own. So what's the hype? :-D
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:09 am

Great Eurussia wrote:
Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:Ah, but it is a weapon of mass destruction, which is why the bill was proposed to the Council.

Not to mention, that every nation can do this program or a kind of this program on their own. So what's the hype? :-D

Every country has also the possibility to carry out nuclear tests, but this doesn't mean everyone is doing it.
Anyway, I suggest to leave this topic only for investigation purposes and not for discussion.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:11 am

Great Eurussia wrote:
Europe and Asia wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

Where did the Court got this right?

The Constitution States: "The Court of Justice is the sole judiciary [body]  and law interpreter of the World Alliance..." (WA Constitution, Article VII, Line 1)

We are currently interpreting a law. And because we feel there may be a possible violation of a law, we are investigating. You didn't question the authority of our investigation in the cases of Stirva's return (https://worldalliance.forumotion.co.uk/t452-concluded-judiciary-inquiry-into-ceveztria-stirva) and Ireland
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:14 am

Great Eurussia wrote:

Let me put it to you straight and see if you understand.

The peaceful countries of the world, like Marquette and Aloia, don't want belligerent nations such as Texania and Eurussia to be creating immensely powerful weapons of mass destruction that may or may not be used against them in the future, because we don't want to waste money on creating new forms of expensive weapons. As New Tarajan has already said, this will start an arms race whose effects will be devastating! This is not what we want for our world.

Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:14 am

There is no violation of a law. This weapon isnt Nuclear,Chemical,or Biological. Its Dark Matter.
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_empire_of_ireland

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:14 am

Great Empire of Ireland wrote:There is no violation of a law. This weapon isnt Nuclear,Chemical,or Biological. Its Dark Matter.

How is that not biological or chemical?
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Dromoda Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:24 am

Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

The peaceful countries of the world, like Marquette and Aloia, don't want belligerent nations such as Texania and Eurussia to be creating immensely powerful weapons of mass destruction that may or may not be used against them in the future, because we don't want to waste money on creating new forms of expensive weapons. As New Tarajan has already said, this will start an arms race whose effects will be devastating! This is not what we want for our world.

what if a private industry is first in discovering the powers of anti-matter. then every nation should watch out.

think of the problems you get

Last edited by Dromoda on Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Dromoda Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:25 am

Great Empire of Ireland wrote:There is no violation of a law. This weapon isnt Nuclear,Chemical,or Biological. Its Dark Matter.

we use Deuterium.

is not so dangerous. just very hard to make
Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:27 am

The court would like to know how something that is a chemical is not a chemical.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:27 am

Dromoda wrote:

we use Deuterium.

is not so dangerous. just very hard to make

Deuterium is a chemical. Thus, if you are creating bombs out of Deuterium, are you not creating a chemical weapon? That kind of weapon is banned throughout the world, and the law was graciously put into the record books by your very own Eurussia.

https://worldalliance.forumotion.co.uk/t251-biological-chemical-weapons-ban-act#7448
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:28 am

Deuterium may not be on the periodic table of the elements, but it is an isotope of Hydrogen, which sure as heck is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deuterium
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:38 am

Dromoda wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

what if a private industry is first in discovering the powers of anti-matter. then every nation should watch out.

think of the problems you get

Luckily, existing laws clearly refers not only to countries, but to every kind of organization. So, the problem should not occur at all. Also, the power of anti-matter for civilian use-only it's not a problem. We are talking exclusively about the military use of it.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Dromoda Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:43 am

Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:Deuterium may not be on the periodic table of the elements, but it is an isotope of Hydrogen, which sure as heck is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deuterium

good sir. its not on the periodic table.
so i can conclude that the research on this material is not finished. and is needed the same treatment as the Kyongdong program.

so you should investigate it.

or you could conclude that a not yet totally discovered material is used in a "may be" bomb and not see the economical and defensive reasons of this. and surely conclude that we are gonna keep the research for ourselves.

Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next