World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Resolved) WASC Act Provisions Interpretation

+6
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Muchos Estados Unidos
The Holy Empire of Artite
Great Eurussia
New Rhodinia
DPRNK
10 posters

Go down

(Resolved) WASC Act Provisions Interpretation Empty (Resolved) WASC Act Provisions Interpretation

Post  DPRNK Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:59 am

Republic of New Korrea knows the WASC must interpret law. My nation has many question, if another nation violated our right to exist, the right to sovereignty, the right to independence, the right to due process, the right to association, the right to self defense, and the right to self determination. This is in WASC law.

The law also say The WASC shall have the primary aim of ensuring, promoting, and developing the peace, security, and stability of the World Alliance and among its nation states.

1 Can Republic of New Korrea seek payment as damages if another nation becomes a threat to our great country and violating our right of sovereignty?
2) Can my nation ask for WASC help if another nation threatens and violates our right to independence and right to self determination? Because the WASC is mandate to ensuring, promoting, and developing the peace, security, and stability in the region?
3) Can my nation declare war as self defense if another nation threatening us or inside our territory?
DPRNK
DPRNK
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

(Resolved) WASC Act Provisions Interpretation Empty Re: (Resolved) WASC Act Provisions Interpretation

Post  New Rhodinia Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:40 am

Republic of New Korrea wrote:1 Can Republic of New Korrea seek payment as damages if another nation becomes a threat to our great country and violating our right of sovereignty?
2) Can my nation ask for WASC help if another nation threatens and violates our right to independence and right to self determination? Because the WASC is mandate to ensuring, promoting, and developing the peace, security, and stability in the region?
3) Can my nation declare war as self defense if another nation threatening us or inside our territory?

1. If you've been in a war and you come out as the superior power or otherwise benefited the most, then yes.

2. By law, yes. We do have serious concerns over your past violations of human rights and the sort, but when it gets down to it, you are covered as a World Alliance nation.

3. Assuming the provocation is severe enough. If we're talking, for example, a Loxan citizen beats the hell out of a Korean citizen, that isn't grounds to invade all of Xolox. In essence, they need to make the first major strike in order for you to justify your "self-defense" claim.

But considering your past once again, I can only see this as a platform for you to "enact revenge" on anyone who wronged you, which would technically be manipulating the WASC to further your nation's (and ONLY your nation's) position. In short, I don't want to see you utilize the statements of human rights and nation sovereignty as political cannons.
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

(Resolved) WASC Act Provisions Interpretation Empty NOTICE

Post  Great Eurussia Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:45 pm

Republic of New Korrea wrote:Republic of New Korrea knows the WASC must interpret law. My nation has many question, if another nation violated our right to exist, the right to sovereignty, the right to independence, the right to due process, the right to association, the right to self defense, and the right to self determination. This is in WASC law.

The law also say The WASC shall have the primary aim of ensuring, promoting, and developing the peace, security, and stability of the World Alliance and among its nation states.

1 Can Republic of New Korrea seek payment as damages if another nation becomes a threat to our great country and violating our right of sovereignty?

By virtue of the WASC Act, all members may now express their OFFICIAL VIEWS and OFFICIAL OPINIONS on this request for legal interpretation of some provisions of the WASC Act for five (5) days.

Except for the Republic of New Korrea. So ordered.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

(Resolved) WASC Act Provisions Interpretation Empty Re: (Resolved) WASC Act Provisions Interpretation

Post  DPRNK Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:00 pm

New Rhodinia wrote:
Republic of New Korrea wrote:1 Can Republic of New Korrea seek payment as damages if another nation becomes a threat to our great country and violating our right of sovereignty?

1. If you've been in a war and you come out as the superior power or otherwise benefited the most, then yes.

2. By law, yes. We do have serious concerns over your past violations of human rights and the sort, but when it gets down to it, you are covered as a World Alliance nation.

3. Assuming the provocation is severe enough. If we're talking, for example, a Loxan citizen beats the hell out of a Korean citizen, that isn't grounds to invade all of Xolox. In essence, they need to make the first major strike in order for you to justify your "self-defense" claim.

But considering your past once again, I can only see this as a platform for you to "enact revenge" on anyone who wronged you, which would technically be manipulating the WASC to further your nation's (and ONLY your nation's) position. In short, I don't want to see you utilize the statements of human rights and nation sovereignty as political cannons.

1 Ok
2 Ok
3 Ok my interpretation is correct

I am not using the WASC for my own interests. I am asking for interpretation of laws.
DPRNK
DPRNK
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  The Holy Empire of Artite Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:39 am

You asking for interpretation of laws so you can use the WASC to your advantage.
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Muchos Estados Unidos Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:41 pm

The Holy Empire of Artite wrote:You asking for interpretation of laws so you can use the WASC to your advantage.

I thought only WASC members can only post here...
Muchos Estados Unidos
Muchos Estados Unidos
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Muchos Estados Unidos Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:42 pm

Republic of New Korrea wrote:Republic of New Korrea knows the WASC must interpret law. My nation has many question, if another nation violated our right to exist, the right to sovereignty, the right to independence, the right to due process, the right to association, the right to self defense, and the right to self determination. This is in WASC law.

I say YES to number 1, 2 ,3!
Muchos Estados Unidos
Muchos Estados Unidos
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:53 pm

Republic of New Korrea wrote:

1) No. Simply having a nation being seen as a threat or having influence over your nation. With your definition, you could easily claim that I'm a threat and are violating your right to sovereignty.

2) Yes.

3) This would really be a case-by-case basis, there are millions of things that could happen that could be interpreted different ways.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=scouting

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:23 am

As five days have passed, official interpretation is now closed.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:35 pm

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:As five days have passed, official interpretation is now closed.

The WA Presidency, as the presiding judge, will issue the conclusion and recommendation in the coming days. Please bear with us. Thank you.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

(Resolved) WASC Act Provisions Interpretation Empty Initial Conclusions & Interpretations

Post  Great Eurussia Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:58 pm

Republic of New Korrea knows the WASC must interpret law. My nation has many question, if another nation violated our right to exist, the right to sovereignty, the right to independence, the right to due process, the right to association, the right to self defense, and the right to self determination. This is in WASC law.

By virtue of a request for interpretation of various parts of the World Alliance Security Council Act, as submitted by the Republic of New Korrea, the Security Council hereby publishes its initial and unofficial interpretation.

Conclusions: These conclusions involves careful analysis of the positions made by members of the Security Council, hence, these are the following: (we have explicitly detailed each questions to directly interpret them accordingly): 

1) a) Can the Republic of New Korrea seek compensation or payment from another sovereign state who poses a threat to the Republic of New Korrea? NO and YESThe SC says that, at this point of time, there is no provision in the WASC Act granting privileges nor rights to sovereign states to seek compensational payment for damages caused by any form of threat from another sovereign state. However, if such threat caused physical damage to a sovereign state which is consistent with the mandate of the Security Council of ensuring, promoting, and developing the peace, security, and stability of the WA, the determination of such possibility is at the sole discretion of the Security Council acting on its capacity as an executive, legislative, or judicial body.

1) b) Can the Republic of New Korrea seek compensation or payment from another sovereign state who violates the right to sovereignty of the Republic of New Korrea? NO and YESThe SC says that, at this point of time, there is no provision in the WASC Act granting privileges nor rights to sovereign states to seek compensational payment for damages caused by violating its right to sovereignty by another sovereign state. However, since the right to sovereignty is enshrined in the WASC Act and any violation of it constitutes a violation of international law, thus, the Security Council may impose any punishment in accordance to international laws or it deem necessary to compensate for the impact of the violation towards the affected sovereign state and only if the affected sovereign state seeks for it from the Security Council.

2) a) Can the Republic of New Korrea seek for the aid of the WA Security Council if another sovereign state threatens its right to independence and right to self determination by virtue of the mandate of the WA Security Council to ensure, promote, and develop the peace, security, and stability in the WA? NO and YES. The SC says that, at this point of time, there is no existing provision in the WASC Act granting privileges or right to sovereign states to seek aid from the Security Council if their right to independence and right to self determination is threatened by another sovereign state. However, it is also not prohibited for a sovereign state to seek for any form of aid from the WASC if the grounds for such request is consistent with the WASC's mandate in ensuring, promoting, and developing the peace, security, and stability of the WA. It should be noted that the form of aid or granting of such is at the sole discretion of the Security Council acting on its capacity as an executive, legislative, or judicial body.

2) b) Can the Republic of New Korrea seek for the aid of the WA Security Council if another sovereign state violates its right to independence and right to self determination by virtue of the mandate of the WA Security Council to ensure, promote, and develop the peace, security, and stability in the WA? NO and YESThe SC says that, at this point of time, there is no existing provision in the WASC Act granting privileges or right to sovereign states to seek aid from the Security Council if their right to independence and right to self determination is violated by another sovereign state. However, it should be noted that since the right to independence and the right to self determination are enshrined in the WASC Act, any violation of them constitute a violation of international laws. On the other hand, it is also not prohibited for a sovereign state to seek for any form of aid from the WASC if the grounds for such request is consistent with the WASC's mandate in ensuring, promoting, and developing the peace, security, and stability of the WA. It should also be noted that the form of aid or granting of such is at the sole discretion of the Security Council acting on its capacity as an executive, legislative, or judicial body.

3) a) Can the Republic of New Korrea declare war as self defense if another sovereign state threatens it? NO. The SC says that the WASC Act has no provisions about war in case a sovereign state is threatened by another sovereign state but since peace, security, and stability are repeatedly emphasized throughout the WASC Act, war is categorically not condoned by the WASC Act. However, it should be noted that the right to self defense of a sovereign state is enshrined in the WASC Act.

3) b) Can the Republic of New Korrea declare war as self defense if another sovereign state is inside its sovereign territory? NOThe SC says that the WASC Act has no provisions about war in case a sovereign state is legally or illegally inside the sovereign territory of another sovereign state but since peace, security, and stability are repeatedly emphasized throughout the WASC Act, war is categorically not condoned by the WASC Act. However, it should be noted that the right to self defense, right to sovereignty, the right to independence, and right to self determination of a sovereign state are enshrined in the WASC Act and any violation of them constitutes a violation of international laws.

The Security Council may now approve the initial and unofficial interpretation of some provisions of the WA Security Council Act. If the SC rejects, the initial conclusions and corresponding interpretations shall remain unofficial and unenforceable and the request shall be considered dismissed. Otherwise, the interpretations, if approved, shall become official and legal bearing.

This voting period is five (5) days starting today.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

(Resolved) WASC Act Provisions Interpretation Empty Eurussian Vote

Post  Great Eurussia Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:59 pm

Eurussia is in favor.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarfian Federation Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:22 pm

I see you put a lot of time in it so Favor
Snarfian Federation
Snarfian Federation
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  DPRNK Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:35 pm

FOR
DPRNK
DPRNK
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:39 pm

Snarfia wrote:I see you put a lot of time in it so Favor

It shouldn't matter how much time is put into it, rather that the interpretation is best represented by the laws that govern this region. Either way, Scouting is in FAVOR.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Shockwave Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:49 pm

Wirbanskia is in Favor of this.
Shockwave
Shockwave
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenarea Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:07 am

Serenarea is in FAVOR.
Serenarea
Serenarea
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Scottlands Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:06 am

FOR
Kingdom of Scottlands
Kingdom of Scottlands
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Muchos Estados Unidos Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:56 am

Favour
Muchos Estados Unidos
Muchos Estados Unidos
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarfian Federation Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:25 pm

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:
Snarfia wrote:I see you put a lot of time in it so Favor

It shouldn't matter how much time is put into it, rather that the interpretation is best represented by the laws that govern this region. Either way, Scouting is in FAVOR.

I'm just paying my respect to him because my view is that he is a busy man and still has some time to be the acting president of the WA, and he's very good at it.
Snarfian Federation
Snarfian Federation
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:41 am

Great Eurussia wrote:

By virtue of a request for interpretation of various parts of the World Alliance Security Council Act, as submitted by the Republic of New Korrea, the Security Council hereby publishes its initial and unofficial interpretation.
Conclusions: These conclusions involves careful analysis of the positions made by members of the Security Council, hence, these are the following: (we have explicitly detailed each questions to directly interpret them accordingly): 
1) a) Can the Republic of New Korrea seek compensation or payment from another sovereign state who poses a threat to the Republic of New Korrea? NO and YESThe SC says that, at this point of time, there is no provision in the WASC Act granting privileges nor rights to sovereign states to seek compensational payment for damages caused by any form of threat from another sovereign state. However, if such threat caused physical damage to a sovereign state which is consistent with the mandate of the Security Council of ensuring, promoting, and developing the peace, security, and stability of the WA, the determination of such possibility is at the sole discretion of the Security Council acting on its capacity as an executive, legislative, or judicial body.
1) b) Can the Republic of New Korrea seek compensation or payment from another sovereign state who violates the right to sovereignty of the Republic of New Korrea? NO and YESThe SC says that, at this point of time, there is no provision in the WASC Act granting privileges nor rights to sovereign states to seek compensational payment for damages caused by violating its right to sovereignty by another sovereign state. However, since the right to sovereignty is enshrined in the WASC Act and any violation of it constitutes a violation of international law, thus, the Security Council may impose any punishment in accordance to international laws or it deem necessary to compensate for the impact of the violation towards the affected sovereign state and only if the affected sovereign state seeks for it from the Security Council.

2) a) Can the Republic of New Korrea seek for the aid of the WA Security Council if another sovereign state threatens its right to independence and right to self determination by virtue of the mandate of the WA Security Council to ensure, promote, and develop the peace, security, and stability in the WA? NO and YES. The SC says that, at this point of time, there is no existing provision in the WASC Act granting privileges or right to sovereign states to seek aid from the Security Council if their right to independence and right to self determination is threatened by another sovereign state. However, it is also not prohibited for a sovereign state to seek for any form of aid from the WASC if the grounds for such request is consistent with the WASC's mandate in ensuring, promoting, and developing the peace, security, and stability of the WA. It should be noted that the form of aid or granting of such is at the sole discretion of the Security Council acting on its capacity as an executive, legislative, or judicial body.

2) b) Can the Republic of New Korrea seek for the aid of the WA Security Council if another sovereign state violates its right to independence and right to self determination by virtue of the mandate of the WA Security Council to ensure, promote, and develop the peace, security, and stability in the WA? NO and YESThe SC says that, at this point of time, there is no existing provision in the WASC Act granting privileges or right to sovereign states to seek aid from the Security Council if their right to independence and right to self determination is violated by another sovereign state. However, it should be noted that since the right to independence and the right to self determination are enshrined in the WASC Act, any violation of them constitute a violation of international laws. On the other hand, it is also not prohibited for a sovereign state to seek for any form of aid from the WASC if the grounds for such request is consistent with the WASC's mandate in ensuring, promoting, and developing the peace, security, and stability of the WA. It should also be noted that the form of aid or granting of such is at the sole discretion of the Security Council acting on its capacity as an executive, legislative, or judicial body.
3) a) Can the Republic of New Korrea declare war as self defense if another sovereign state threatens it? NO. The SC says that the WASC Act has no provisions about war in case a sovereign state is threatened by another sovereign state but since peace, security, and stability are repeatedly emphasized throughout the WASC Act, war is categorically not condoned by the WASC Act. However, it should be noted that the right to self defense of a sovereign state is enshrined in the WASC Act.
3) b) Can the Republic of New Korrea declare war as self defense if another sovereign state is inside its sovereign territory? NOThe SC says that the WASC Act has no provisions about war in case a sovereign state is legally or illegally inside the sovereign territory of another sovereign state but since peace, security, and stability are repeatedly emphasized throughout the WASC Act, war is categorically not condoned by the WASC Act. However, it should be noted that the right to self defense, right to sovereignty, the right to independence, and right to self determination of a sovereign state are enshrined in the WASC Act and any violation of them constitutes a violation of international laws.

The Security Council may now approve the initial and unofficial interpretation of some provisions of the WA Security Council Act. If the SC rejects, the initial conclusions and corresponding interpretations shall remain unofficial and unenforceable and the request shall be considered dismissed. Otherwise, the interpretations, if approved, shall become official and legal bearing.
This voting period is five (5) days starting today.

With 7 votes in favor, none against, no abstentions, the interpretation provided by the President of the WASC is now seen as official, therefore New Korrea may follow the interpretation.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down