World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Resolved) New Korrea vs Artite

+7
New Rhodinia
Ebsotz
Kingdom of Ireland
UnitedStatesOfScouting
The Holy Empire of Artite
DPRNK
Great Eurussia
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

(Resolved) New Korrea vs Artite - Page 2 Empty Re: (Resolved) New Korrea vs Artite

Post  DPRNK Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:15 pm

Empire of Russia wrote:On request of Eurussia I will now be the presiding judge. The case can now continue as normal.

I would also like to point out and include in this case the violations of crimes against humanity of Artite for violating the World Alliance Human Rights Act. Here are the additional proofs.

https://worldalliance.forumotion.co.uk/t656-wa-human-rights-act
https://worldalliance.forumotion.co.uk/t520p780-wa-international-news-network#27325

After this news Artite did not deny the crimes but just insulted us more including our President. I want the court to remember that he is the one attacking us.

https://worldalliance.forumotion.co.uk/t520p780-wa-international-news-network#27413

https://worldalliance.forumotion.co.uk/t520p780-wa-international-news-network#27461

He did not deny the crimes but just say other things.
DPRNK
DPRNK
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

(Resolved) New Korrea vs Artite - Page 2 Empty Re: (Resolved) New Korrea vs Artite

Post  Kingdom of Ireland Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:50 pm

That bill says nothing about war being illegal.

Before I release the initial verdict Eurussia would like to give the opinion of the WA Presidency. I will allow him to do so.
Kingdom of Ireland
Kingdom of Ireland
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  The Holy Empire of Artite Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:36 am

I would like to know why I am forced to come to a court case such as this and New Korrea is allowed to refuse a court case presented to him. How is it possible? I am here in this court case presented to me by New Korrea and I am defending myself against his prosecutors. However, New Korrea refuses a simple court case against him? WHAT THE ACTUAL F***!!!!!
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

(Resolved) New Korrea vs Artite - Page 2 Empty Case Opinion

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:46 am

That bill says nothing about war being illegal. 

Before I release the initial verdict Eurussia would like to give the opinion of the WA Presidency.  I will allow him to do so.

As part of our duty as a member state of the Security Council and even serving at its head, we felt obliged to make our legal opinion publicized for the sake of transparency and contribute on the evaluation of the presiding judge over the case between New Korrea and Artite. As such, we do hereby note that the Republic of New Korrea brought charges against the Holy Empire of Artite which the latter refused, but due to the compulsory arbitration request approved by the Security Council, the charges were elevated into an international case. Thus, here are our opinions:

1) New Korrea argues that a particular political entity within New Korrea, commonly known as the Principality of Korrea-Artite, under the administration of Artite is illegal and such the concerned nation, Artite, should vacate the said political entity arguing that it has no explicit sovereignty over the said political entity, as insisted by New Korrea. = Artite countered and argues that the Principality of Korrea-Artite was given to the country during the Korrean Liberation War and it was just a portion of New Korrea whose other portions were also allegedly gained by other countries which they returned to New Korrea after signing the alleged Eurussian Peace Treaty thus making Artite not obliged to return the said portion of New Korrea it controls back to New Korrea itself. Artite further argues that it had unfruitful meetings with New Korrea justifying that it has exploited diplomacy before declaring war.
LEGAL OPINION: 

The WA Presidency believes that Section 1 of the WASC Act explicitly provides that every sovereign state has the right to exist, right to sovereignty, right to independence, right to association, right to due process and right to self determination which can resolve the issue over the disputed Principality of Korrea-Artite between New Korrea and Artite. Thus, with the simple refusal of the Republic of New Korrea to recognize the existence and validity of the Principality of Korrea-Artite which is the disputed political entity over a certain portion of the sovereign territory of New Korrea, already made the exercise of jurisdictional authority of the Holy Empire of Artite over a certain portion of the sovereign territory of New Korrea under the name of Principality of Korrea-Artite, illegal.

The Republic of New Korrea and the Holy Empire of Artite both enjoy the right to exist as a country, has the right to sovereignty as a nation, has a right to independence as they exercised their sovereign authority to negotiate with each other regarding the disputed territory, has the right to due process as they also exercised their governmental powers to be subjected to an international arbitration and into exhaustion of negotiations to find an amicable settlement over the disputed territory. Furthermore, the Holy Empire of Artite exercised its right to association to declare a certain portion of the sovereign territory of New Korrea as the Principality of Korrea-Artite but the Republic of New Korrea exercised the same right to association as it refused to declare a certain portion of its own sovereign territory to be associated with the Holy Empire of Artite. Lastly, the Republic of New Korrea exercised its right to self determination as it refused, rejected, and condemned the Principality of Korrea-Artite to become a political entity over a certain portion of its own sovereign territory.

Thus, the existence of Principality of Korrea-Artite as a political entity of the Holy Empire of Artite within the Republic of New Korrea, without the latter's sovereign power's recognition, is illegal and invalid under international law, regardless of how the Holy Empire of Artite was able to exercise its disputed jurisdiction over the concerned territory in the Republic of New Korrea. Therefore, the laws of the Republic of New Korrea shall remain effective over its own sovereign lands under the illegal and invalid Principality of Korrea-Artite.

2) New Korrea argues that an invasion of its country is illegal and violated its sovereignty and territory to obtain more territory by Artite. New Korrea argued that the said invasion was not made on self defense. Artite countered and argues that war is not illegal.
LEGAL OPINION: 

The WA Presidency believes that with the repeated admission of the Holy Empire of Artite that it declared war on the Republic of New Korrea and, based on evidences presented by both Parties, there is undeniable proof that the latter was invaded by the former. Thus, the argument of the Republic of New Korrea that the declaration of war of the Holy Empire of Artite against its country is not based on the right to self defense.

Therefore, under international law, the Holy Empire of Artite violated the fundamental rights of the Republic of New Korrea which involves the right to exist, when the Holy Empire of Artite invaded the Republic of New Korrea, right to sovereignty, when the Holy Empire of Artite exercised jurisdiction over the sovereign lands of the Republic of New Korrea, and the right to independence, when the Holy Empire of Artite forcefully established its jurisdication over the Republic of New Korrea, making the invasion illegal and invalid.

3) New Korrea argues that Artite should be punished and compensate the country for the invasion it launched against New Korrea with the explicit aid of its alleged allies namely, Xolox, Wirbanskia, Chackle, and Zanland. New Korrea further argues that the said invasion brought death to an unspecified number of its citizens and as well as making an unspecified number of its citizens becoming refugees to other countries. Artite countered and argues that it admits that together with its allies, as specified by New Korrea, have brought and declared war to New Korrea and commits themselves to be willing to shoulder the reconstruction of their unspecified new territories but not to the government of New Korrea.
LEGAL OPINION: 

Citing the initial legal opinions of the WA Presidency, the Republic of New Korrea deserves to be compensated for the unjustified invasion of the Holy Empire of Artite and its specified allies, particularly, Xolox, Wirbanskia, Chackle, and Zanland.

4) New Korrea argues that Artite, during their negotiations in Apepistan, is forcing the country to sign an alleged treaty containing provisions allegedly asking New Korrea to relinquish its seat at the Security Council and relinquish its sovereign territorial lands to Artite. Artite countered and argues that the government of New Korrea has no power over the alleged territories of New Korrea under its control and that of Xolox, Wirbanskia, and Zanland. Artite further confirmed that the alleged treaty is a treaty of surrender for New Korrea.
LEGAL OPINION: 

Citing the initial legal opinions of the WA Presidency, these issues are addressed.

5) New Korrea argues that the Emperor Constantine and the Emperor George of Artite are guilty of war crimes against humanity due to their roles in the alleged invasion of the country and its accompanying wars. Artite countered and argues that Their Holy Imperial Majesties Emperor Constantine Avarius III and Emperor George Avarius II are not war criminals. Artite further admitted that indeed it declared war on New Korrea. Artite further demanded proof for the millions of New Korreans that allegedly died.
LEGAL OPINION: 

Citing the initial legal opinions of the WA Presidency, the head of state of the Holy Empire of Artite, at the time of the unjustified invasion and the continued illegal exercise of authority of the Artitian Government over the sovereign lands of the Republic of New Korrea, can be held accountable, theoretically only, to the illegal and invalid actions of the Holy Empire of Artite over the Republic of New Korrea, since it is the head of state of the sovereign nation, provided that there is a proof of guilt beyond reasonable doubt supported by undeniable evidences. This is because there is no existing international law allowing a mechanism to make a head of state of a responsible country to be mandatorily obliged to be made accountable under international jurisdiction over the actions of its own country. Thus, outcomes of international arbitration, currently, involves the entirety of all countries as sovereign nations and not solely their respective heads of state or heads of government.

Furthermore, the Republic of New Korrea failed to provide undeniable proof or evidences that the Holy Empire of Artite committed violations of the WA Human Rights Act.

6) New Korrea argues that Artite and his unspecified allies are guilty of an unspecified crime or violation due to the death of allegedly thousands of Korreans that are allegedly killed and massacred. Thus, Artite and his unspecified allies are allegedly guilty of crimes against humanity. Artite countered and argues that it has not committed the allegations of New Korrea and demanded a proof from New Korrea.
LEGAL OPINION: 

Citing the initial legal opinions on Section 5, these issues has been addressed.

7) New Korrea is asking the international court that its country is not to be divided or taken by another country without its explicit permission. Artite countered and refused to address this argument of New Korrea.
LEGAL OPINION: 

Citing the initial legal opinions on Section 1, these issues has been addressed.

8) Both Parties argues on the implications and effects of the request of the Republic of New Korrea to interpret particular and certain provisions of the WA Security Council Act where New Korrea says that it has effect on all nations while Artite says it has effect only on Republic of New Korrea.
LEGAL OPINION: 

The WA Presidency believes that citing the provision of Section 6 of the WASC Act which states that the Security Council is the sole interpreter of international laws of the WA acting as a judicial body, the request for legal interpretations of the Republic of New Korrea is binding to all sovereign states as it carries the same effect as an international law.
On the other hand, we deplore the unprofessional and barbaric exchange of arguments among the representatives of various national governments involved in this case. We strongly urge the Security Council not to tolerate such unprofessional behavior before the judicial body as we are all seriously dealing on the fundamental foundations of our laws and their implications to every single nation state of the world.

Futhermore, the WA Presidency explicitly condemns the continued debate of arguments using the phrases 'war is not illegal' or 'war is not legal,' as adopting or directly answering on the same unprofessional and subjective language of law is openly declaring and blatantly allowing the justifications of warfare within the World Alliance which insists on the pursuit of peace for all nations of the world. Thus, the focus of legal arguments should not based on the direct confrontation to the legality or illegality of war but rather must focus on the implications on the rights enjoyed by all nation states and exhausting all means to avoid violating those very fundamental rights of all sovereign states in the World Alliance so as to force nations and obliged governments to negotiate with their disputes with each other diplomatically and not resorting to immediate warfare that easily damages the peaceful existence of nations and as well as the reputation of the international community of the World Alliance.

Also, please do note that our opinion as WA Presidency is just one among all the member states of the Security Council and we hope that as major contributor to the establishment of almost all international laws of the World Alliance, our legal opinion will be of help on the evaluation of the case and merits between New Korrea and Artite.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Ireland Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:11 am

Thank you. I should have a verdict out by tomorrow(3/16, most likely 5- 6 PM EST).
Kingdom of Ireland
Kingdom of Ireland
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  DPRNK Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:59 pm

I was blown by Eurussia's statements but that is great and I cannot argue any further. I will wait for verdict!
DPRNK
DPRNK
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Ireland Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:14 am

Sorry I was sick yesterday i should write in less than 2 hours
Kingdom of Ireland
Kingdom of Ireland
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

(Resolved) New Korrea vs Artite - Page 2 Empty Opinions

Post  Ebsotz Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:45 am

Here is my opinion about this situation.

1) I request New Korea becomes independent BUT, under this condition, Artite & The Aggressors will be given some land. This will be a win-win for both sides. The Power-Hungry Aggressors can have the land, while New Korea will [hopefully] not have to worry about a full-out invasion from the Aggressors.

2) No Artitian Ships are allowed inside New Korean waters or airspace, vise-versa.

3) This is more like a question: Why does Korea hate imperialist's so much? I mean, I am an imperialist "scum". New Rhodinia is. Great Eurussia is! Artite is! (not saying they're scums xD) Basically every single empire in the WA is imperialist. An Empire means: to rule more than one country, typically a large area. I hate to break it to you buddy, but if you call imperialists "scums", then almost the whole WA hates you Very Happy

4) The New Korean & Artitian Communications Chamber shall be established on the borders of Artitian Territory & New Korea. So basically, Artite and Korea are Now like: North Korea, South Korea.

Do you agree?
Ebsotz
Ebsotz
Powerbroker

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=ebsotz

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:22 am

Ebsotz wrote:Here is my opinion about this situation.

1) I request New Korea becomes independent BUT, under this condition, Artite & The Aggressors will be given some land. This will be a win-win for both sides. The Power-Hungry Aggressors can have the land, while New Korea will [hopefully] not have to worry about a full-out invasion from the Aggressors.  

2) No Artitian Ships are allowed inside New Korean waters or airspace, vise-versa.

3) This is more like a question: Why does Korea hate imperialist's so much? I mean, I am an imperialist "scum". New Rhodinia is. Great Eurussia is! Artite is! (not saying they're scums xD) Basically every single empire in the WA is imperialist. An Empire means: to rule more than one country, typically a large area. I hate to break it to you buddy, but if you call imperialists "scums", then almost the whole WA hates you Very Happy

4) The New Korean & Artitian Communications Chamber shall be established on the borders of Artitian Territory & New Korea. So basically, Artite and Korea are Now like: North Korea, South Korea.

Do you agree?

Here's two scenarios for either side:

1. If New Korrea accepts a North/South standoff-type deal, it'll play out exactly how it does in real life: both trade death stares and throw insults at each other every other day.

2. If New Korrea denies it (highly likely that he will), this entire thing is pointless unless New Korrea gets his way. Thing is, he hasn't had it for a long time; you need to not completely lose the war in order to demand the things he's demanding. It's as if he's thinking he won somehow and is now deciding the fate of the enemy.

Sorry to say, but at this point in time New Korrea is no longer open to any deal that takes something away from them. They cannot see reason, so we need to see reason FOR them and make a deal FOR them.
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebsotz Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:25 am

Why don't share your opinions New Rhodinia? You seem to always have the upper hand in this type of chaos.
Ebsotz
Ebsotz
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:28 am

Ebsotz wrote:Why don't share your opinions New Rhodinia? You seem to always have the upper hand in this type of chaos.

My suggestion? Make a deal for New Korrea if they cannot draw one up or agree to one themselves. Mediate the side of the aggressors so they can see reason when they make a peace deal; New Korrea will undoubtedly be against anything they suggest, but if it's as good as the treaty can get, take it.
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Shockwave Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:29 am

Ebsotz wrote:Why don't share your opinions New Rhodinia? You seem to always have the upper hand in this type of chaos.
He has, apepistan has, and it's gotten us no-where because New Korreaa cannot accept anything that harms him the slightest.
Shockwave
Shockwave
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

(Resolved) New Korrea vs Artite - Page 2 Empty Eurussian Position

Post  Great Eurussia Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:12 am

Ebsotz wrote:3) This is more like a question: Why does Korea hate imperialist's so much? I mean, I am an imperialist "scum". New Rhodinia is. Great Eurussia is! Artite is! (not saying they're scums xD) Basically every single empire in the WA is imperialist. An Empire means: to rule more than one country, typically a large area. I hate to break it to you buddy, but if you call imperialists "scums", then almost the whole WA hates you :D

The Eurussian Government would like to seek an excuse from the presiding judge of this case for us to clarify the statements by the Ebsotzian Government as such statement inflicts harm and unintended perception on the Eurussian Empire.

We would like to inform the Ebsotzian Government and the rest of the international community that having a nation with a title of an "empire" doesn't automatically equate, in any way or in any form, of a nation becoming an "imperialist" since the word connotes a lot of definition on its own. On the part of the Empire of Great Eurussia, it has a structural model of an empire but it does not advocate imperialism since it is a fledgling parliamentary democracy with a de facto constitutional monarchy. Furthermore, its government does not adopt a policy of imperialism since it strongly believes in the rule of law.

Just for the record. Thank you.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Ireland Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:12 am

Ok im going to give the entire council 24 hours to express their opinion
Kingdom of Ireland
Kingdom of Ireland
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Ireland Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:30 am

Great Eurussia wrote:
Ebsotz wrote:3) This is more like a question: Why does Korea hate imperialist's so much? I mean, I am an imperialist "scum". New Rhodinia is. Great Eurussia is! Artite is! (not saying they're scums xD) Basically every single empire in the WA is imperialist. An Empire means: to rule more than one country, typically a large area. I hate to break it to you buddy, but if you call imperialists "scums", then almost the whole WA hates you Very Happy

The Eurussian Government would like to seek an excuse from the presiding judge of this case for us to clarify the statements by the Ebsotzian Government as such statement inflicts harm and unintended perception on the Eurussian Empire.
We would like to inform the Ebsotzian Government and the rest of the international community that having a nation with a title of an "empire" doesn't automatically equate, in any way or in any form, of a nation becoming an "imperialist" since the word connotes a lot of definition on its own. On the part of the Empire of Great Eurussia, it has a structural model of an empire but it does not advocate imperialism since it is a fledgling parliamentary democracy with a de facto constitutional monarchy. Furthermore, its government does not adopt a policy of imperialism since it strongly believes in the rule of law.
Just for the record. Thank you.

I cant think of a proper reason for Esbotz to express this in such a way. Perhaps he would care to explaim?
Kingdom of Ireland
Kingdom of Ireland
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebsotz Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:34 am

I was just giving a few examples about maybe why Korea hates imperialism Razz

Anyway, that was [u]for[/b] Korea, just like you explained, Rhodinia.
Ebsotz
Ebsotz
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  DPRNK Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:39 pm

Can we now have the verdict?
DPRNK
DPRNK
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Ireland Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:24 am

Conclusion: On the 3rd of March New Korrea filed a case to the WASC saying that Artite had violated the law by declaring war on New Korrea.

Recommendation: After reviewing the law we have found that war in itself is not illegal. However Artitie did violate the law by occupying parts of New Korrea. Taking away their right to exist. The WASC being a body that stands for justice orders the withdrawal of all foreign forces in New Korrea that are not there without permission of the Korrean Government.
Kingdom of Ireland
Kingdom of Ireland
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  DPRNK Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:14 pm

Justice has been served!!!!!! Thank you World Alliance! Thank you Russia!!!
DPRNK
DPRNK
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  DPRNK Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:02 pm

I feel vindicated for all the propaganda thrown against me. This is the proof I am not lying against the agenda of the imperialists.
DPRNK
DPRNK
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Ireland Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:24 am

Voting shall last five(5) days
Kingdom of Ireland
Kingdom of Ireland
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebsotz Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:44 am

For.

RENN Report: The Republic of New Korrea is officially recognized as an independent country. Ebsotz will be aiding the reconstruction of Korrea, and will fight for Korean rights when the time comes. Ebsotz owes Korea a formal apology.
Ebsotz
Ebsotz
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Ireland Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:50 am

For
Kingdom of Ireland
Kingdom of Ireland
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarfian Federation Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:36 am

for
Snarfian Federation
Snarfian Federation
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Shockwave Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:39 am

This will have no effect on me because ding ding ding, it ain't my case.......
Shockwave
Shockwave
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next