World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Repealed) Repeal Revised Realistic Roleplaying Act

+11
Arveyres
Aloia
Yellasia
Ireland
Shirouma
New Tarajan
Atletius
United States of Europe
New-Zealand
Great Eurussia
Dromoda
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

(Repealed) Repeal Revised Realistic Roleplaying Act Empty (Repealed) Repeal Revised Realistic Roleplaying Act

Post  Dromoda Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:59 pm

the dividing by 10 rule is for some nations a rule where those nations do not want to participate with.

the nations like me who are proud that they reached such huge populations, and that they are economically very prosperous because of their huge population.

so i want the 10 dividing rule to be gone and instead a rule that allows nations to use the rule if they want. but you cant go beyond your nationstates population.

therefore i want a show of hands. you know what to do
Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

(Repealed) Repeal Revised Realistic Roleplaying Act Empty Re: (Repealed) Repeal Revised Realistic Roleplaying Act

Post  Great Eurussia Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:37 pm

Dromoda wrote:the dividing by 10 rule is for some nations a rule where those nations do not want to participate with.

the nations like me who are proud that they reached such huge populations, and that they are economically very prosperous because of their huge population.

so i want the 10 dividing rule to be gone and instead a rule that allows nations to use the rule if they want. but you cant go beyond your nationstates population.

Are you proposing to repeal the Revised Realistic Roleplaying Act?

https://worldalliance.forumotion.co.uk/t259-revised-realistic-roleplaying-act
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

(Repealed) Repeal Revised Realistic Roleplaying Act Empty Re: (Repealed) Repeal Revised Realistic Roleplaying Act

Post  New-Zealand Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:05 pm

Dromoda wrote:the dividing by 10 rule is for some nations a rule where those nations do not want to participate with.

You're still the largest by far. Everyone is being divided by ten, so this should have no effect on your global standing or prosperity. Might I remind you that without the divide by ten rule, you would have a stand alone population equivalent to more than half of the entire world's current population?
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=new-zealand

Back to top Go down

Post  Dromoda Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:54 pm

New-Zealand wrote:

You're still the largest by far. Everyone is being divided by ten, so this should have no effect on your global standing or prosperity. Might I remind you that without the divide by ten rule, you would have a stand alone population equivalent to more than half of the entire world's current population?
i am proud of that. i really don't like the divide by 10 rule. if nations want to divide by 10 i don't stop them. however i don't want to.

every men woman or child is counting. i'm proud of them. all of them.

i have to remind you that our world is bigger than the real world.
Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Dromoda Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:55 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:

kinda. i want it ti be more of a guideline but if they really don't want to. that they can have the right to just keep their population like it is.
Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:02 pm

the divided by ten rule should only be compulsory for nations with a population over 1 billion but for nations that have a population less than 1 billion should not be forced to follow the divide by ten rule in roleplay.

Back to top Go down

Post  United States of Europe Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:08 pm

To ensure that the rp are realistic and better, said the rule should:remain to be effective, continue to be mandatory for all nations, continue to be respected in order to legitimize rp.
Therefore voting against the proposal.
United States of Europe
United States of Europe
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Atletius Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:57 am

I see the Divide by then rule to be somewhat arbitrary.
So vote in FAVOUR
Atletius
Atletius
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:01 am

I agree with Europe, we need to keep a realistic roleplaying style. Even if not perfect, the "divide per 10" rule is a step forward toward this goal.
So, I'm AGAINST.

By the way, it's my opinion that we need a new improvement of the realistic roleplaying: for example, as I noticed during my trial in the CoJ...it's not possible to have a map so big in scale. We need to re-adapt it, also in order to make possible and more interesting RP about the territorial waters, EEZs etc...
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Shirouma Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:17 am

Shirouma is against this proposal.
Shirouma
Shirouma
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Dromoda Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:08 am

New Tarajan wrote:I agree with Europe, we need to keep a realistic roleplaying style. Even if not perfect, the "divide per 10" rule is a step forward toward this goal.
So, I'm AGAINST.

By the way, it's my opinion that we need a new improvement of the realistic roleplaying: for example, as I noticed during my trial in the CoJ...it's not possible to have a map so big in scale. We need to re-adapt it, also in order to make possible and more interesting RP about the territorial waters, EEZs etc...
but the world is just to big for such small populations

and really, i mean you could divide it yourself without the rule.
Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Dromoda Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:10 am

United States of Europe wrote:To ensure that the rp are realistic and better, said the rule should:remain to be effective, continue to be mandatory for all nations, continue to be respected in order to legitimize rp.
Therefore voting against the proposal.
do you have an example how its better?
Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:27 am

Though I am not in Parliament I support this proposal.
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_empire_of_ireland

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:34 am

Dromoda wrote:
New Tarajan wrote:I agree with Europe, we need to keep a realistic roleplaying style. Even if not perfect, the "divide per 10" rule is a step forward toward this goal.
So, I'm AGAINST.

Yes but then, how to compare a country which accept the rule, which another one that do not accept it?
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Dromoda Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:40 am

New Tarajan wrote:
Dromoda wrote:
So, I'm AGAINST.

Yes but then, how to compare a country which accept the rule, which another one that do not accept it?
it is your choice to add the rule to your nation. then you add another nation of choice with who you want to compare it with.

we don't need such a rule to have a nice role play.
Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:08 am

I vote AGAINST the proposal
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:13 am

Stirva wrote:the divided by ten rule should only be compulsory for nations with a population over 1 billion but for nations that have a population less than 1 billion should not be forced to follow the divide by ten rule in roleplay.
That makes absolutely no logical sense. We either have everybody abiding by the rule, or nobody abiding by the rule. We're not going to have some half baked scheme in which nation with smaller populations are placed at a "handicap" advantage against larger nations.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Yellasia Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:17 pm

Yellasia votes AGAINST this proposal, though we will take Dromoda's voice into account for potential further reforms.

We also do not support Stirva's proposal, which would only give smaller nations an unfair advantage.
Yellasia
Yellasia
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

(Repealed) Repeal Revised Realistic Roleplaying Act Empty Eurussian Vote

Post  Great Eurussia Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:27 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:

Eurussia votes in favor of repealing of the Revised Realistic Roleplaying Act.
We have not seen its enforcement nor its pros and cons in RP, actually.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:36 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

I agree that until now we have not seen the enforcement of the rule. However, now it's the time to start.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Dromoda Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:09 pm

New Tarajan wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

I agree that until now we have not seen the enforcement of the rule. However, now it's the time to start.
why we haven't enforced it is because we can play without it. its not a needing factor in the game and is therefore just a problem
Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:45 pm

Dromoda wrote:
New Tarajan wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

why we haven't enforced it is because we can play without it. its not a needing factor in the game and is therefore just a problem
Trust me. In theory you're right...we can play without it...but if we want a TRUE REALISTIC game, than we need it, absolutely.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:00 pm

Dromoda wrote:
New Tarajan wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

I have enforced it. Only once so far though. All the other times, people were obeying the divide by ten rule, so I had no need to enforce it. How can the police enforce a speed limit, if nobody is speeding? They're not going to be like, "everybody was obeying the rules, so we didn't fine anybody, so we aught to remove the speed limit cause it's useless" are they?
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

(Repealed) Repeal Revised Realistic Roleplaying Act Empty Eurussian Opinion

Post  Great Eurussia Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:44 pm

Dromoda wrote:
Honestly, I just agree with Dromoda. I mean theres nothing wrong of having 2 billion population because at the end even if we divide it, it will continue to increase, nevertheless. What I guess we should look at is like deploying 100,000 troops in one turn or much worst 10,000 fighter jets in one attack. LOL
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Dromoda Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:16 pm

New-Zealand wrote:
Dromoda wrote:
New Tarajan wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

I have enforced it. Only once so far though. All the other times, people were obeying the divide by ten rule, so I had no need to enforce it. How can the police enforce a speed limit, if nobody is speeding? They're not going to be like, "everybody was obeying the rules, so we didn't fine anybody, so we aught to remove the speed limit cause it's useless" are they?
the problem with the speed limit is that its exists.
when there is a border there are people to cross it.

when we just make it an option then people who choose that option just do their thing. however people who doesn't want to must have the choice to choose.

Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next