World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WA Map Reforms Committee

+8
Texania
Federation of Antanares
New Tarajan
Great Eurussia
Shirouma
New-Zealand
Ireland
Marquette (of Pacific)
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

WA Map Reforms Committee Empty WA Map Reforms Committee

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:48 pm

Hello and welcome to the World Alliance Map Reforms Committee, established to further the reforms many of us in World Alliance have wanted for a long time.

Everyone will be granted access if they wish, and people are encouraged to sign the petition some of us already signed and sent to the region's secretary general.

Petition:

If you wish to join the committee, please telegram me on NationStates.

The following is a list of signatories:

Committee Members:

Last edited by Marquette (of Pacific) on Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:24 am; edited 6 times in total
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

WA Map Reforms Committee Empty Re: WA Map Reforms Committee

Post  Ireland Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:00 pm

I wish to sign this petition.
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_empire_of_ireland

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:06 pm

How about the Land grab?

Some nations are claiming far too much land.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=new-zealand

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:20 pm

I have to agree with New Zealand.
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:13 am

I am in agreement with you both. The committee's first order of business shall be to push the reforms stated in this letter through the appropriate channels of the region's administration. Our second order of business is to make reforms on expansion. We have had two expansion periods within two weeks, and the second one has seen massive claims lain by a plethora of nations. A fellow member of Parliament and I have already discussed drafting two bills to restrict expansion: 1) to limit the size of land a nation can expand, also putting a cap on how many overseas territories a nation can have (and relinquishing extra territories), and 2) to repeal all land claimed in the New Year Land Grab.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:08 am

I agree but also some of these inactive nations need to taken off the map.
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Shirouma Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:33 am

That's not the real issue, the issue is really how the expansions are totally ridicilous, I mean this New Year expansion was really too much..
Shirouma
Shirouma
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:48 am

Shirouma wrote:That's not the real issue, the issue is really how the expansions are totally ridicilous, I mean this New Year expansion was really too much..

Yes, that's the really pressing issue at the moment, but Ireland is right, eventually this committee needs to put together legislation to remove inactive nations from the map.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:22 am

Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:
Shirouma wrote:That's not the real issue, the issue is really how the expansions are totally ridicilous, I mean this New Year expansion was really too much..

Yes, that's the really pressing issue at the moment, but Ireland is right, eventually this committee needs to put together legislation to remove inactive nations from the map.
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:22 am

Yes that's what I meant.
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:26 am

A Republican Ireland wrote:

Yes that's what I meant.

Okay
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:03 am

Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:Hello and welcome to the World Alliance Map Reforms Committee, established to further the reforms many of us in World Alliance have wanted for a long time.

Everyone will be granted access if they wish, and people are encouraged to sign the petition some of us already signed and sent to the region's secretary general.

Petition:

A list of members of the committee will be formulated once we have significant applications for membership. If you wish to join the committee, please telegram me on NationStates.

Signatories:

I welcome this discussions and I will issue my position to the points raised, as the map administrator, and as well as my agreement to some matters.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:06 am

Great Eurussia wrote:
Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:Hello and welcome to the World Alliance Map Reforms Committee, established to further the reforms many of us in World Alliance have wanted for a long time.

Petition:

A list of members of the committee will be formulated once we have significant applications for membership. If you wish to join the committee, please telegram me on NationStates.

Signatories:

I welcome this discussions and I will issue my position to the points raised, as the map administrator, and as well as my agreement to some matters.

Yes, and I have kept the original signatories posted on our conversation, so they know that you are in agreement with us on some issues and opposed on others.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:09 am

Well it is good that this is taking off.
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:48 pm

I just want to point out that I WILL NOT be supporting any motions in favor of repealing all the land grab expansions.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:08 pm

We now have set and official members of the committee. Please ask to be added to the list of members and your thoughts will be welcome.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:55 pm

Antanares will support this committee.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:06 pm

New Tarajan wrote:Antanares will support this committee.

Again mate, you've forgotten to log out of your brother's account. You've done the same thing for your news post.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:54 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:

Petition:

Signatories:

Yes, and I have kept the original signatories posted on our conversation, so they know that you are in agreement with us on some issues and opposed on others.

No problem. I'm not bothered how many signatories there are, I want to see the good reasoning and merits for every single point of concerns you are raising. Nevertheless, here are my stance, as the map administrator.

1) LARGER SPREAD OUT CONTINENTS. I don't see anything wrong with the current map with regards to this matter as there are huge seas and oceans already and they are perfectly fine.
2) EQUATOR. This is great, I could simply draw an equator line on the next map update, but if you have a preferred look of the equator on the map, kindly show it.
3) MORE VOLUME SEAS. Again, I don't see any problem here as there are more nations here in Nation States than the seas. Am I correct? And that is the purpose of the map. And if the concern is forcing nations to focus on the areas other than maritime trade, well, we should help each other improve our RP.
4) CHANGE IN TERRAIN. Well, it has been a practice ever since that if you wish to change your terrain as you prefer your own geography and topography rather than the default, you can always go to the map claims thread and submit it there. I cannot count how many nation did this already so I guess there is no issue with this.
5) RELOCATION OF NATION/PUPPETS. Definitely not and it should never be to preserve our RP history. If it is only a reason of climate change or terrain, well all nations have the freedom to request to change their terrains.
6) ISSUE WITH EXPANSION. Well, we should not look on the expansion itself, but the reasons why there are expansions. It is used as a way to celebrate our achievements as a region, and a gift to ourselves is expanding our lands via OOC than wars through RP. It just so happened that after a recent expected expansion, we celebrated a once in a year event, and that is a New Year, and I think it is not too much to allow a land grab once in a while besides it has never happened before to celebrate a year of our success.
7) LIMIT THE SIZE OF A NATION CAN EXPAND. Why?
8) PUTTING CAP ON OVERSEAS TERRITORIES. Why?
9) RELINQUISHING TERRITORIES. Why? But I'm telling you, this is a big NO. As many nations have patiently waited to have the chance to expand their lands during expansion periods.
10) REPEAL ALL CLAIMS ON NEW YEAR LAND GRAB. Why? and a big NO.

I've just gotten confused :-/
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Federation of Antanares Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:14 am

OOC: Just for say, the previous post was of Antanares and not of New Tarajan, sorry for the mistake ^^
Federation of Antanares
Federation of Antanares
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Texania Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:25 am

One thing y'all are forgetting is the the map doesn't correctly portray the world alliance world.The map shows that all territory is the same size,But towards the north and south it's smaller.So I propose that in the southernmost and northernmost 10% of the map claims can be 20% larger.
And the northernost and sorthernmost 25% claims can be 10% larger.
Texania
Texania
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:40 am

Great Eurussia wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

Petition:

Signatories:

No problem. I'm not bothered how many signatories there are, I want to see the good reasoning and merits for every single point of concerns you are raising. Nevertheless, here are my stance, as the map administrator.

1) LARGER SPREAD OUT CONTINENTS. I don't see anything wrong with the current map with regards to this matter as there are huge seas and oceans already and they are perfectly fine.
2) EQUATOR. This is great, I could simply draw an equator line on the next map update, but if you have a preferred look of the equator on the map, kindly show it.
3) MORE VOLUME SEAS. Again, I don't see any problem here as there are more nations here in Nation States than the seas. Am I correct? And that is the purpose of the map. And if the concern is forcing nations to focus on the areas other than maritime trade, well, we should help each other improve our RP.
4) CHANGE IN TERRAIN. Well, it has been a practice ever since that if you wish to change your terrain as you prefer your own geography and topography rather than the default, you can always go to the map claims thread and submit it there. I cannot count how many nation did this already so I guess there is no issue with this.
5) RELOCATION OF NATION/PUPPETS. Definitely not and it should never be to preserve our RP history. If it is only a reason of climate change or terrain, well all nations have the freedom to request to change their terrains.
6) ISSUE WITH EXPANSION. Well, we should not look on the expansion itself, but the reasons why there are expansions. It is used as a way to celebrate our achievements as a region, and a gift to ourselves is expanding our lands via OOC than wars through RP. It just so happened that after a recent expected expansion, we celebrated a once in a year event, and that is a New Year, and I think it is not too much to allow a land grab once in a while besides it has never happened before to celebrate a year of our success.
7) LIMIT THE SIZE OF A NATION CAN EXPAND. Why?
8) PUTTING CAP ON OVERSEAS TERRITORIES. Why?
9) RELINQUISHING TERRITORIES. Why? But I'm telling you, this is a big NO. As many nations have patiently waited to have the chance to expand their lands during expansion periods.
10) REPEAL ALL CLAIMS ON NEW YEAR LAND GRAB. Why? and a big NO.

I've just gotten confused :-/

Eurussia, stop confusing yourself. Not all of what you listed is pertinent to the issue at hand, and are just some of our plans for the future.

First of all, the geography changing and the nation/puppet replacement is synonymous with the equator. You see, we would like most of the deserts to be located in and around the equator, and to remove many of the deserts that currently exist, as there simply aren't that many deserts realistically.

Also, we would like to give nations the option to relocate their territory if, for example, they don't like being right on the equator.

The thing with resizing the continents is that, right now, they are pretty much windy archipelagos and not based off of continental plates, like in the real world. Pretty much every continent is just a huge mess of thin islands and there really aren't many open seas, like the Atlantic, Indian, and Pacific Oceans.

#6-10 that you listed are not part of the petition and are merely future plans for legislation in the Parliament.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:41 am

Texania wrote:One thing y'all are forgetting is the the map doesn't correctly portray the world alliance world.The map shows that all territory is the same size,But towards the north and south it's smaller.So I propose that in the southernmost and northernmost 10% of the map claims can be 20% larger.
And the northernost and sorthernmost 25% claims can be 10% larger.

Again, that's not part of the petition. If you want that to happen, make a bill about that and propose it to the Parliament, or try to find a member of Parliament who is willing to propose it.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:19 am

Eurussia, stop confusing yourself. Not all of what you listed is pertinent to the issue at hand, and are just some of our plans for the future.

First of all, the geography changing and the nation/puppet replacement is synonymous with the equator. You see, we would like most of the deserts to be located in and around the equator, and to remove many of the deserts that currently exist, as there simply aren't that many deserts realistically.

Also, we would like to give nations the option to relocate their territory if, for example, they don't like being right on the equator.

The thing with resizing the continents is that, right now, they are pretty much windy archipelagos and not based off of continental plates, like in the real world. Pretty much every continent is just a huge mess of thin islands and there really aren't many open seas, like the Atlantic, Indian, and Pacific Oceans.

#6-10 that you listed are not part of the petition and are merely future plans for legislation in the Parliament.

I demand an answer for every points I raised from your own arguments. Do not mislead us. Don't say that this is part of the future or not as you have been raising these issues without proper arguments. Just go straight to the point of every concern I am raising. 

Thank you.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:18 pm

I do not approve of any changes my nation's terrain. I do not care for this equator if it's going to result in my nation becoming a desert. If this is the course of action of this committee, I am hereby standing AGAINST this proposal.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next