World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Danaster Conference

+7
Lonbonia
Shockwave
The Holy Empire of Artite
DPRNK
Great Eurussia
Apepistan
New Rhodinia
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Danaster Conference - Page 2 Empty Re: The Danaster Conference

Post  Lonbonia Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:02 am

As he hears the exchange of conversation of the Great Eurussian and Wirbaniskan representatives, King Leon XI spoke. "We should not do such thing without knowing what it does. This artifact might be a weapon that has the same effects of a nuclear weapon, or perhaps even be a decorated rock that will do nothing. We need to take measures to research what this alien technology does. However, I believe that it may be a beacon for other alien civilizations beyond our solar system.."
Lonbonia
Lonbonia
Powerbroker

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=lonbonia

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:26 am

OOC: Okay, no one seems to get that this is a public, open-air landscape modeled after the Roman forums. We're not in a boardroom or a closed office or hall or anything. Read up on Junius' welcoming statement in the OP and the descriptions bits of my first RP post one more time, please.

Or better yet, think of Tiananmen Square but with Roman architecture.

Lonbonia wrote:As he hears the exchange of conversation of the Great Eurussian and Wirbaniskan representatives, King Leon XI spoke. "We should not do such thing without knowing what it does. This artifact might be a weapon that has the same effects of a nuclear weapon, or perhaps even be a decorated rock that will do nothing. We need to take measures to research what this alien technology does. However, I believe that it may be a beacon for other alien civilizations beyond our solar system.."

Cornelia shifted nervously in her seat at the premise.

"Aliens? Actual extraterrestrials?" she exclaimed. "That's impossible. We would have seen some kind of sign or something if that were the case."

Livia's eyes shot up the cloudy sky, trying not to instinctively blink as feint raindrops splashed on her face.

"And trust me, when something that big happens, most everyone here knows about it quick as a whip."

"Right." Junius retorted again. "But all we can hope for now is to research the artifacts more intently and look for any possibilities regarding its application. But that's what we're here to talk about. We want to hear your opinions on what could be done with these discoveries in your own nations."

Wirbanskia wrote:Urin Speaks "I'm sorry that I was late, It's just that with the coronation of the new leader coming up, I have had to make arrangements for my departure of the throne. I would like to know if there are any plans on unveiling this supposed technology."  

"None right now." Junius responded. "The only effect we've seen it have on people is that it renders them weak and unable to perform even menial tasks. We'll do what we can until then."

Wirbanskia wrote:Dominc speaks "What a wonderful treat to be sitting amongst these many great leaders. Regarding your findings, are there any plans on reverse engineering this technology?"

"The scientists tell me that they're just about done doing preliminary tests on the artifacts." Queen Cornelia said gracefully, trying to dissipate her nervousness. "Reverse engineering isn't my forte, but I can definitely say that we're working on it."

Wirbanskia wrote:One of the black suited individuals pipes up "You all realize that anything discussed in this room is not to be disclosed elsewhere, no public awareness at all regarding this topic. Anyone deviating from this could.......disappear."

Livia looked blankly at the suited man then turned to a passing citizen.

"Hey just checking, but do you know what this meeting is about?"

The man looks at Livia like a deer caught in the headlights, unsure if it's a trick question or not.

"Uhh... yes? Alien technology?"

Livia swirled back around to the suited man.

"Odd. Seems like he knows." Livia said confidently.

The bystander looked at both Livia and the suited man dumbfounded and proceeded to walk off.
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  The Holy Empire of Artite Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:46 pm

The Emperor sighed as he saw all the world leaders. He rather not be in the open considering the Korreans hated him and that he had armies occupying what was left of China China. The car came to a slow halt and quickly and imperial guardsman in full combat gear opened the door for Emperor Constantine. The guardsman's face was covered behind a skull looking gas mask so his voice was distorted as he announced the arrival of the Iron Emperor. Constantine just sighed some more so much formality with such an informal meeting. He walked quickly however not minding the rain getting on his uniform. Sitting down quickly he hoped no one saw him he just hoped to listen then pipe in when he deemed it right.
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Lonbonia Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:20 am

"Hm." King Leon XI scratched his chin, his hand visibly shaking due to aging. He lowers it after. "Well. It seems to be interesting that this artifact weakens the human body and brain capabilities. Perhaps this artifact is a new, contagious element that is not listed on the periodic table?" He sighed, fixing his keffiyeh.
Lonbonia
Lonbonia
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebsotz Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:37 am

"No offense your majesty, but I do not believe in extra-terestials", says Emperor Nekolai. "Yet, there is one secret item that I know about that has supernatural abilities. It is from an old ally of mine, from the south. He rules one of the largest armies in the world with this. You might think he is primitive, but secretly in their laboratories that have something much more that could put the WA in danger." Everyone looks at Nekolai with a feeling of curiosity. "I wish not to say this out loud at this time, as it could start a revolution in all nations in the WA.
Ebsotz
Ebsotz
Powerbroker

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=ebsotz

Back to top Go down

Post  The Holy Empire of Artite Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:53 am

Emperor Constantine laughed a little to loud at Emperor Nekolai's comment.

"I must agree with my Muslim friend, it may be a new element not already on the periodic table. This could be a wonderful scientific breakthrough, however... I suggest that we split it into equal parts to be sent to all nations present at this current moment, so that we may research it. I also suggest we forbid the weaponization of this new found artifact."

Emperor Constantine coughed a little and looked among the world leaders. He was not here to brag about his allies weapons nor his own, he was here to discuss what should be done with this object from space.

"One question I have is, how did it get past the research facilities on the moon? shouldn't they have spotted it before it even entered our atmosphere?"
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebsotz Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:35 pm

"I am no Islamic person!, shouts Nekolai. "That question is on all of our minds, Constantine. We must never lest our hands upon it, for we never know it will do. My ally only knows what to do with it."

Nekolai looks at Junius Maximus, "This might be a bit out of character, but a new festival will be coming up in Ebsotz soon. You are all invited. I shall break news shortly on the REIN. (Royal Ebsotzian International News)."

"It has also come to our attention that an arctic search team in the north near Zanland has spotted something odd. They tested the metals in the area, and it was absolutely different from the rest. We think it could have to do something with the paranormal activity going on recently. This metal compound is new, never used. It is very difficult to break, so it could revolutionize the WA Military forever."
Ebsotz
Ebsotz
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  The Holy Empire of Artite Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:47 pm

The Imperial Guardsman nearly shot Emperor Nekolai, shouting at the Iron Emperor is not a good idea. But Emperor Constantine stopped him from pulling the trigger and calmed the soldier down.

"My dear Emperor, I wish to be called by my full title. I believe I deserve that much as I call you Emperor Nekolai. I also know you are not a Muslim, I was agreeing with King Leon. And yes the invitation to your little festival is out of context, I wish for us all to remain on topic and get this conference over with as soon as possible so we know what we are dealing with here."

Emperor Constantine was getting annoyed at the hot headed idiots in the conference. Wanting to turn everything into a weapon.

" I think that it is unwise to turn every new resource we have into a weapon. I know that I am not one to make any suggestions as to not making these new objects materials, Artite is a very warlike nation and we enjoy our wars. But what we do not enjoy is the needless killing at the cost of scientific research. This new metal, does it have any relation to what my people are calling the God Stone? If it does I believe we should also forbid the weaponization of this material. An age of war is behind us, an age of scientific revolution is upon us, we must take hold of it immediately before it is lost to us for many years and cast aside the wars that have torn us apart."
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:06 pm

Livia quickly looked back at the group as if she had spied an alien right in the middle of the circle.

"Woah, hold on a moment! Tests aren't even done yet and you're already locking in your answers? We're supposed to be making a general direction of what our reaction will be, not immediately spot the light at the end of the tunnel."

Livia turned to Junius and let out a beckoning hand.

"Just wait for me to get down there and test it out myself. We're already on the verge of getting somewhere so what's the harm in spending a little more time to be absolutely sure?"

Before waiting for an answer, she snapped to the Artitian guardsman.

"And you, itchy fingers: good luck getting that gun out of your ass if you actually fire that thing. The only thing I hate more then ignorant politicians is violence via stupid bullshit."
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  The Holy Empire of Artite Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:24 pm

The Guardsman looked toward Livia and laughed a little before shouldering his rifle and standing behind Emperor Constantine.

"My fellow leaders, no one is testing anything anywhere right now, nor are we inviting others to festivals, nor are we going to weaponize everything we get our hands on. We need to figure out where this thing came from and what its purposes are."
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:10 pm

The Holy Empire of Artite wrote:The Guardsman looked toward Livia and laughed a little before shouldering his rifle and standing behind Emperor Constantine.

"My fellow leaders, no one is testing anything anywhere right now, nor are we inviting others to festivals, nor are we going to weaponize everything we get our hands on. We need to figure out where this thing came from and what its purposes are."

"Which is exactly what I'm getting at." Livia said brazenly, leaning back into the discussion with a smile. "I'm itching to lead another team of researchers over to Danaster for more research, maybe some live and direct contact as well. If any of you have any additional candidates willing to come with, feel free to send them my way."

Junius and Cornelia looked at each other with hesitant eyes and uncomfortably shifted their weight again. Livia noticed this and sat back towards them.

"What? At least we're getting somewhere."

Junius tilted his head down and let out a sigh.

"You're not wrong, I'll give you that."
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebsotz Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:20 pm

"My apologies, your majesty. The metal will be locked until we have a full answer of what the compounds are. The secret weapon, however, I can only tell you its powers. It has the power to control peoples minds for them to join the military.
Ebsotz
Ebsotz
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

The Danaster Conference - Page 2 Empty Eurussian Ambassador

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:56 pm

Listening itermittently on the conversation, the Eurussian Ambassador suddenly spoke of his views,

"Your Excellencies, why are we even talking and debating about weaponization when we still do not have any concrete data on this outer space artifact. I do agree that all of us should be given a piece of this artifect and be subjected to our own scientific research. I suggest we set a deadline for this so we could have another meeting on this with the comprehensive scientific data made by our respective scientists.

This way, we can discuss other issues."
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  Shockwave Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:00 am

The Holy Empire of Artite wrote: This new metal, does it have any relation to what my people are calling the God Stone?  

If I will, sir, *speaks Emperor Urin Inglis* The actual material you would be referring to would be the angel tablet.  

Ebsotz wrote:"My apologies, your majesty. The metal will be locked until we have a full answer of what the compounds are. The secret weapon, however, I can only tell you its powers. It has the power to control peoples minds for them to join the military.

*Dominic speaks* In what country is its origin I might ask?

*Emperor Urin Inglis speaks* Unfortunately my time here is limited regarding the coronation that is scheduled to happen soon.

*Dominic speaks* Regarding it not being spotted headed for earth, would it not be possible that it has been here for millenia?
Shockwave
Shockwave
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebsotz Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:19 am

"Lab results have come back, positive. This metal is the hardest metal in the entire WA, likewise the planet, Nekolai says. "It is harder than diamond and steel & iron combined. No, it is not like any of your fabled stones. This is a modern metal. Also, they noticed that the metal was very warm, and all of the snow around it has melted."
Ebsotz
Ebsotz
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:33 am

Ebsotz wrote:"Lab results have come back, positive. This metal is the hardest metal in the entire WA, likewise the planet, Nekolai says. "It is harder than diamond and steel & iron combined. No, it is not like any of your fabled stones. This is a modern metal. Also, they noticed that the metal was very warm, and all of the snow around it has melted."

OOC: Bit of a problem here. How are you getting these reports while the conference is happening? Wouldn't this be better serving in a news article after the conference has ended?
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:05 pm

New Rhodinia wrote:
Ebsotz wrote:"Lab results have come back, positive. This metal is the hardest metal in the entire WA, likewise the planet, Nekolai says. "It is harder than diamond and steel & iron combined. No, it is not like any of your fabled stones. This is a modern metal. Also, they noticed that the metal was very warm, and all of the snow around it has melted."

OOC: Bit of a problem here. How are you getting these reports while the conference is happening? Wouldn't this be better serving in a news article after the conference has ended?

OOC: I think it will be the best if laboratory testings happen AFTER the conference. And let New Rhodinia call for another round of conference for the next set of agenda. Just a suggestion though.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebsotz Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:14 am

"I am being contacted 24/7 while the conference is occurring. This rarely happens, its just a mere coincidence. Thus, I am letting my Minister of Metals/Energy do the job. But now this is OOC, I may as well end the conversation about this alien metal here."
Ebsotz
Ebsotz
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Lonbonia Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:55 am

King Leon XI desperately sighed. "Well, your majesties. This artifact, I would rather avoid tangling with it, considering it's effects on the human body, but I am supportive of the idea that this artifact should be split evenly for all nations to do their research on. But would it be safe to do so? It is likely that inside of it might be something more... Unexpected and bad, but I am simply stating my opinion. Other than that, I suggest we await further research information."
Lonbonia
Lonbonia
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Apepistan Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:49 am

Lord Timur looked around and said after clearing his throat:

"I agree with your Majesty, King Leon. I suppose we should find out how it can be transported safely, if it can be, at all, before splitting it for research purposes. Serious security must be organised too when transporting this new material.
Apepistan
Apepistan
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:43 pm

Livia rolled her shoulders emphatically.

"Good, we're getting somewhere. Like I said, I'm planning to head down there personally to help out with the research process. I'd like it if some of your best could accompany me to Danaster and speed things along. If I'm down there alone, I can guesstimate research lasting... I dunno, a month? But if we had a whole team of smarties there - no problem. Done in a week flat.

Now as for what happens with it afterwards..."

Livia's gaze slowly reached over to Junius who looked back and stared at her for a few moments.

"...is yet to be determined. As soon as the research and further investigation takes place and is concluded, we'll convene again to decide what we'll do with them."

Junius looked back at Livia, rolling her eyes at the premise.

"Fine," she sighed, "but if this turns out to be a good thing, New Rhodinia as a whole is getting some of it."

OOC: Okay, spoilers. I'm planning on getting Livia involved with a possible suitor, but it has to be matrilineal (descent originates from the woman, not the man i.e your suitor obtains the Maixmus surname). Any takers that want to jump on that opportunity should send someone down with her to Danaster where we'll continue this storyline later on.
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Shockwave Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:16 am

Locked citing the WA Inactive Events Act: https://worldalliance.forumotion.co.uk/t933-passed-inactive-events-act

Shockwave- World Alliance Role-play Moderator
Shockwave
Shockwave
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum