World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Dismissed) WASC Secondary Seats Act Discussion

5 posters

Go down

(Dismissed) WASC Secondary Seats Act Discussion Empty (Dismissed) WASC Secondary Seats Act Discussion

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:04 am

Greetings WASC Members,

With the new "WASC Secondary Seats Act", any Secondary Seat Holder may elect to vote as soon as possible without even consulting their Primary Seat Holder, when they vote the Primary Seat Holder is automatically deprived of their vote with the current language of the law. I feel that this is unjust to the Primary Seat Holder. I believe that each seat holder may issue their vote, but only the only occasion where the Secondary Seat Holder's vote is recognized is when the Primary Seat Holder's vote remains as pending, and as such would allow for the Secondary Vote to count.

Before I jump to drafting up any legislature, I'd like to consult with the Governing Body on this topic, as it's something we need to discuss and suggest possible course(s) of action should we agree this needs to be changed.

Therefore this topic is now an open discussion to members of the WASC.

Last edited by UnitedStatesOfScouting on Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=scouting

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) WASC Secondary Seats Act Discussion Empty Re: (Dismissed) WASC Secondary Seats Act Discussion

Post  Shockwave Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:11 am

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:Greetings WASC Members,

With the new "WASC Secondary Seats Act", any Secondary Seat Holder may elect to vote as soon as possible without even consulting their Primary Seat Holder, when they vote the Primary Seat Holder is automatically deprived of their vote with the current language of the law. I feel that this is unjust to the Primary Seat Holder. I believe that each seat holder may issue their vote, but only the only occasion where the Secondary Seat Holder's vote is recognized is when the Primary Seat Holder's vote remains as pending, and as such would allow for the Secondary Vote to count.

Before I jump to drafting up any legislature, I'd like to consult with the Governing Body on this topic, as it's something we need to discuss and suggest possible course(s) of action should we agree this needs to be changed.

I agree that this should be changed, but what if the secondary seats had like say a "half" vote towards any topic they are permitted to cote on. Like say the primary seat holder votes before the secondary and the seconderay cannot vote but if the secondary votes before the primary it would equal a half vote if the primary votes on the topic as well.

Primary:first  |secondary: no vote

Secondary:first=half vote | primary:full vote

Just my thoughts, should this be installed in your legislature then obvious changes would have to be made.

Last edited by Wirbanskia on Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos/errors)
Shockwave
Shockwave
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) WASC Secondary Seats Act Discussion Empty Re: (Dismissed) WASC Secondary Seats Act Discussion

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:15 am

Wirbanskia wrote:
UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:Greetings WASC Members,

I agree that this should be changed, but what if the secondary seats had like say a "half" vote towards any topic they are permitted to cote on. Like say the primary seat holder votes before the secondary and the seconderay cannot vote but if the secondary votes before the primary it would equal a half vote if the primary votes on the topic as well.

Primary:first  |secondary: no vote

Secondary:first=half vote | primary:full vote

Just my thoughts, should this be installed in your legislature then obvious changes would have to be made.

In my opinion, I think that a Secondary vote should be a full vote or no vote. Whether we want to simply make the Secondary an equal like the United States Senate or not is something I'm willing to entertain. Although I think that what I've suggested may be the best option for us.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarfian Federation Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:29 am

Your completly right Scouting you've got my support
Snarfian Federation
Snarfian Federation
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:20 pm

If there are no objections, I will be drafting legislature in 24-48 hours.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:36 pm

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:If there are no objections, I will be drafting legislature in 24-48 hours.

Eurussia is against. The WA Secondary Seats Act hasn't been fully tested yet since there is only one continent that has an occupied secondary seat. 
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:48 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:
UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:If there are no objections, I will be drafting legislature in 24-48 hours.

Eurussia is against. The WA Secondary Seats Act hasn't been fully tested yet since there is only one continent that has an occupied secondary seat. 

I understand that it hasn't been fully tested yet, but there is a clear problem. If a Secondary Seat Holder votes minutes after a legislation is proposed, then it deprives the Primary Seat Holder of issuing their vote. I don't see it as fair to the Primary Seat Holder.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:01 am

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

I understand that it hasn't been fully tested yet, but there is a clear problem. If a Secondary Seat Holder votes minutes after a legislation is proposed, then it deprives the Primary Seat Holder of issuing their vote. I don't see it as fair to the Primary Seat Holder.

It may be the case. But remember the reasons why SC members voted in favor of the law. It is to promote further activity and engagement within the SC. The simple voting procedure is up to each continent on how will they utilize it. It is up to them to cooperate or not on whom to vote first. Or if they can't agree, politics will rise and more engagements will happen within the continent. It also keeps the pressure on primary seat holders when their secondary seat holders are watching their performances so a request cannot be made asking for a switching of seats. We stand on these notions.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenarea Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:50 am

Great Eurussia wrote:

This is what I disagreed most about the proposal and why I was against it at first.
Serenarea
Serenarea
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:12 am

Serenarea wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

This is what I disagreed most about the proposal and why I was against it at first.

When I read it, I simply miss-interpreted it. Originally I was against it because I honestly just didn't think we could fill the spots, since we were already having a tough time keeping people active. Eurussia was able to convince me to vote in favor though.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:22 am

I hereby close this discussion, we will bring this up again in the future once the system has had more time at use.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down