World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Dissmissed) Fornnordiska Convention

+3
Ireland
Great Eurussia
Fylkirate
7 posters

Go down

(Dissmissed) Fornnordiska Convention Empty (Dissmissed) Fornnordiska Convention

Post  Fylkirate Sat May 03, 2014 2:01 pm

Fornnordiska Convention

Having been accepted in the WA council, The Commonwealth of Fylkirate has had the intentions of officially constructing a international waters agreement. Trade for some nations, including Fylkirate, is very important and possibly depend on it. With this treaty the council could signal when a vessel is not within international waters, allowing them to be protected by international law. The Convention brings into account the limits, territorial waters which extend to 12 miles from the baseline.

The baseline would begin either from the low-water mark or permanently exposed land of the state. The territorial waters could go up to 12 miles or less, that is depending if the chosen country wants to shorten it. Due to close neighbors and tight spots, the territorial waters can be divided at the median line of both states, it can also be defined differently if one chooses to give respected waters to an neighbor since it is not forced to extend to the 12 nautical mile limit. Archipelagos have the ability to justify internal waters which would act the same as land but with the excepting of defining and protecting justified sea-lanes (it is mandatory to define one or more sea-lanes). These lanes would be used by the international community just as in international waters but with the regulations of the coastal state. These coastal archipelago states have to claim reasonable size internal waters, if it is obviously too large, then it would not be granted as internal waters. All water bodies landward are to be classified as internal waters, over which the state has complete sovereignty: not even innocent passage is allowed. The exclusive economic zone; allowing fishing, mining, oil exploration and even pollution regulation. This economic zone would extend to 200 nautical from the baseline. Outside of the territorial waters is a ring named the contiguous zone. This would allow limited control to prevent and punish factors which could hinder or infringe on a nations customs. This has yet again a limit of 12 nautical miles, or 24 nautical miles off the baseline. Anything beyond the territorial waters is strictly international waters.

This convention is to take place at the council building but it is named after the origin of the proposition, in the capital of the The Commonwealth of Fylkirate, Fornnordiska. We hope this is going to help the international relations and diplomacy.
(Dissmissed) Fornnordiska Convention Zonmar-en
Schematic map of maritime zones

OOC: This is my first time and I am new to this, if there is anything wrong please tell me.

Last edited by Fylkirate on Sun May 04, 2014 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Fylkirate
Fylkirate
Recognized State

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=fylkirate

Back to top Go down

(Dissmissed) Fornnordiska Convention Empty Re: (Dissmissed) Fornnordiska Convention

Post  Great Eurussia Sat May 03, 2014 2:35 pm

Spoiler:

Eurussia commends Fylkirate for a wonderful and very detailed proposal for the good of international diplomacy and harmony on territorial boundaries. However, our government had already taken these matters on account which was then TRANSLATED to our RP System which resulted to thr eventual passage of the unanimously approved international law, the WA Territorial Waters Act.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

(Dissmissed) Fornnordiska Convention Empty Re: (Dissmissed) Fornnordiska Convention

Post  Fylkirate Sun May 04, 2014 2:16 am

I must apologize for the inconvenience, I hope that I did not waste too much of the council's time.
Fylkirate
Fylkirate
Recognized State

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Sun May 04, 2014 2:18 am

Fylkirate wrote:I must apologize for the inconvenience, I hope that I did not waste too much of the council's time.
and please with any proposals like this put it in the Parliament
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_empire_of_ireland

Back to top Go down

Post  Fylkirate Sun May 04, 2014 2:36 am

I will refrain from posting on the wrong board, I apologize. With that in mind, should I take this to the parliament to posdibly improve or alter the current international waters act?
Fylkirate
Fylkirate
Recognized State

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Sun May 04, 2014 4:07 am

If you feel that it is necessary, by all means take it to parliament. It does not belong in the council, however.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Fylkirate Sun May 04, 2014 5:24 am

Europe and Asia wrote:If you feel that it is necessary, by all means take it to parliament. It does not belong in the council, however.
Understood
Fylkirate
Fylkirate
Recognized State

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sun May 04, 2014 7:58 am

Fylkirate wrote:I will refrain from posting on the wrong board, I apologize. With that in mind, should I take this to the parliament to posdibly improve or alter the current international waters act?

Yeah, it should be in Parliament. But in the Council, being the executive, you can open up threads regarding certain discussions worth talking about and debating about the world and or the creation of future laws you think will be beneficial for the World Alliance.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Dromoda Wed May 07, 2014 7:10 pm

Hey this inspire's me to draw a underwater map of the World alliance.

Someone wants to help?
Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Wed May 07, 2014 7:40 pm

Underwater? What now?
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Dromoda Wed May 07, 2014 7:44 pm

Europe and Asia wrote:Underwater? What now?

it would be cool if we could see the depths of the oceans of the world alliance
Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Wed May 07, 2014 11:02 pm

Dromoda wrote:

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Arveyres Thu May 08, 2014 12:42 am

Great Eurussia wrote:
Dromoda wrote:

What even
Arveyres
Arveyres
Potential World Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=holy_patrician_states

Back to top Go down

Post  Dromoda Thu May 08, 2014 1:25 am

Arveyres wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:
Dromoda wrote:

What even

Let me dream  No
Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Federation of Antanares Thu May 08, 2014 1:41 am

Dromoda, do you mean a map with the elevation of the mountains and the profundity of the oceans? Because it's a cool idea Very Happy
Federation of Antanares
Federation of Antanares
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Dromoda Thu May 08, 2014 1:43 am

Federation of Antanares wrote:Dromoda, do you mean a map with the elevation of the mountains and the profundity of the oceans? Because it's a cool idea Very Happy

its exactly what i mean.

i mean did i say something wrong?
Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Arveyres Thu May 08, 2014 1:51 am

Dromoda wrote:
Arveyres wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:
Dromoda wrote:

What even

Let me dream  No
I was saying that to Eurussia's response :p
Arveyres
Arveyres
Potential World Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=holy_patrician_states

Back to top Go down

Post  Federation of Antanares Thu May 08, 2014 2:42 am

Nah, it's a good idea Very Happy
Federation of Antanares
Federation of Antanares
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Fri May 09, 2014 4:24 pm

Federation of Antanares wrote:Nah, it's a good idea Very Happy

Yeah, it's a good idea of Dromoda. But I will just close my eyes and wait for it :-D
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down