World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Articmainia Peace Talks

+7
Aloia
Federation of Antanares
New-Zealand
Farshonian Empire
Texania
Marquette (of Pacific)
Empire of Articmainia
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Articmainia Peace Talks - Page 2 Empty Re: Articmainia Peace Talks

Post  Yellasia Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:25 am

Since we were involved in this conflict, we propose the following solution:

1. Allow John Wallace to remain alive, but have his powers revoked. Under the terms between Articmainia and I following the last war, John Wallace has already had many of his executive powers removed, so much of 'his' actions here were actually decided behind the scenes by many other high ranking Articmainian officials. Now he must either become a completely ceremonial figure (the best compromise since Artimainia does not have to give up too much) or completely stripped of power but left alone.

2. Articmainia gives up his colony as he has already offered.

3. Articmainia introduces some form of elected body, but does not have to make far-reaching changes to his political system. This would ensure certain powers are checked, and is more fair for the Articmainian people.
Yellasia
Yellasia
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:43 pm

Yellasia wrote:Since we were involved in this conflict, we propose the following solution:

1. Allow John Wallace to remain alive, but have his powers revoked. Under the terms between Articmainia and I following the last war, John Wallace has already had many of his executive powers removed, so much of 'his' actions here were actually decided behind the scenes by many other high ranking Articmainian officials. Now he must either become a completely ceremonial figure (the best compromise since Artimainia does not have to give up too much) or completely stripped of power but left alone.

3. Articmainia introduces some form of elected body, but does not have to make far-reaching changes to his political system. This would ensure certain powers are checked, and is more fair for the Articmainian people.

Thats a fair compromise. However, if you want you don't have to introduce an elected body. HOWEVER, if you choose not to introduce an elected body, Wallace must be handed over to us for a trial. You can send him to be prosecuted in NZ and I can promise you that he will only get the life sentence with minimum parole of 25 years, however once (if) parole is granted, he must remain in NZ and will be kept under close surveillance. I can promise you he will be treated well and will be housed safely in NZ's extremely humanitarian prisons. Do remember, in most of the other nations, he is going to get the death penalty.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=new-zealand

Back to top Go down

Post  Empire of Articmainia Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:01 pm

New-Zealand wrote:
Yellasia wrote:Since we were involved in this conflict, we propose the following solution:

Thats a fair compromise. However, if you want you don't have to introduce an elected body. HOWEVER, if you choose not to introduce an elected body, Wallace must be handed over to us for a trial. You can send him to be prosecuted in NZ and I can promise you that he will only get the life sentence with minimum parole of 25 years, however once (if) parole is granted, he must remain in NZ and will be kept under close surveillance. I can promise you he will be treated well and will be housed safely in NZ's extremely humanitarian prisons. Do remember, in most of the other nations, he is going to get the death penalty.
NZ the Emperor wasent the ultimate authority he was convince just like he always had been from steiner and his prime minister for god sake think of all the good things he did he should not go to any trial how about this I want the Emperor to stay in office and be a figure head for the Articmainian people but he cant make anymore decisions unless 10 goverment officails force him to and 5 generals that to me makes wallace's power shorter and adds more democracy to it NZ you have to except this is by far the fairest deal I made. Think about what if you were in my shoe's and you had to replace a leader that was the ultimate version of you?
Empire of Articmainia
Empire of Articmainia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:30 pm

New-Zealand wrote:

PAROLE! PAROLE?! You are willing to give Emperor JOHN WALLACE of all people PAROLE?! This is outrageous! Do not allow New-Zealand try Wallace in NZ!! You must try him in E&A or Marquette is going to station troops in Articmainia to retrieve him to try him ourself. NZ's government is obviously not fit to try such a man, what with letting him live and giving him PAROLE.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:04 pm

Emperor John Wallace will be tried in Eurasia by the Eurasian Supreme Judiciary Council, as he is currently in Eurasian custody.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Federation of Antanares Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:10 am

Eurasia could do a trial against Wallace, but we want a really change in the Articmainia leadership. We want the emperor and all his staff go away of the country and we want a referendum for the choice of a new kind of government or for the maintain of the past model. The importance is the change of the leadership.
Federation of Antanares
Federation of Antanares
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:56 am

I believe we should provide a fair peace treaty for Articmania.
Personally, New Tarajan has signed an armistice with the Empire which provide the cession of the colony in the southern continent (and we will not tolerate any interference with that point).
However, we believe that we must reach a consensus and not impose a Versailles-like treaty, or we will destabilize the region.
The best solution will be to not try to impose a new form of government or regime to Artcimania.
Wallace could be charged of Crimes against Peace, but we need to act carefully, and work in cooperation with Articmania.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Articmainia Peace Talks - Page 2 Empty Tug of War?

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:03 am

UNILATERAL MILITARY INTERVENTION
Authored by the Empire of Great Eurussia
Target : Georgia, Japan, and Articmainia
Preamble : 
The Eurussian Government, in its desire to maintain and promote world peace and ensure that all disputes are settled with the most peaceful means available, has been urged by the international community to request before the Security Council, that after all diplomacy has been exhausted, to authorize a worldwide effort of a military intervention to bring the nations of Georgia, Japan, and Articmainia back into a responsible member of the community.
These were caused by their unilateral invasion of different countries for reasons unacceptable to the standards of the international community and as well as blatant violation of the World Alliance Constitution and in that sense, disrespectful to international laws.
Objective : 

The Security Council, composed of all its members, shall lead an international effort to remove the responsible heads of state and heads of government of Georgia, Japan, and Articmainia, by force if necessary, and ensure the installation and establishment of a constitutional democratic government to Georgia, Japan, and Articmainia to preserve their independence, sovereignty, heritage, and identity as Georgians, Japanese, and Articmainians, respectively.
The Security Council shall utilize the WAAF to achieve the objectives of this mandate, provided that all actions of these international effort of military intervention are consistent with the principles of international laws and the spirit of this Security Council mandate.
The Security Council, by virtue of this mandate, shall ensure that Georgia, Japan, and Articmania, upon establishment of their new constitutional democratic governments, shall never wage aggression, except in cases of self defense. Otherwise, any nation, may invoke this international law (regional law), again, to maintain world peace.
All responsible leaders shall be brought to the WA Court of Justice.
I think everyone here risks of violating this international (regional) law. 
I think if Articmainia becomes impatient of some of your trying to tie his hands on this issue that could be simply resolved by following the regional law, Articmainia could simply ask the Court of Justice to invalidate any unequal agreements reached that are against this very regional law approved by the Security Council.
Just saying :-)
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:53 am

Sincerely, in some points the text of the Resolution could appear more invasive than the requests from other countries (I'm referring to the imposition of democratic governments in the countries targeted by the resolution).
Saying this, I'm not trying to invalidate the decision of the Security Council. Simply, I believe it could be a preferable option to hear directly crom Articmania what they want to offer on the ground of peace negotiations, first of all.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:35 am

I object to that proposal. I captured Wallace, I perform his trial. We all know the outcome anyway. The WAAF was late to the party, as it were.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Federation of Antanares Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:01 am

I support Eurasia and New Tarajan. Their leadership are in our hands, they've not an army and the WAAF arrived at the end of a conflict. Articmainia must respect the will of the allied country. We want all their leaders out of the politics of the country, almost this is what Antanares want.
Federation of Antanares
Federation of Antanares
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:09 am

Undoubtedly. However, as I said before, I wish to suggest to ask to Articamnia to talk first about what he is going to accept at the negotiations.
We need a shared basic ground for the peace treaty.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Empire of Articmainia Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:49 am

New Tarajan wrote:Undoubtedly. However, as I said before, I wish to suggest to ask to Articamnia to talk first about what he is going to accept at the negotiations.
We need a shared basic ground for the peace  treaty.
You know what fine Ill let you have the Emperor Just dont kill him. Ill replace him with his brother Fredrich Wallace and the new military comander Erin Rommel
Empire of Articmainia
Empire of Articmainia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:51 am

Ahem Marquette, the NZ Judicial System would put him through a stringent rehabilitation system during those 25+ year. Remember, I said 25 to life, if the parole officers consider him to be a threat to the public, he will never be released. I'm essentially giving him the maximum possible sentence that isn't direct murder or serious assault. If he had actually directly killed someone, he would have been given the life sentence, NO PAROLE. Consider it a loophole in the system, but our rehabilitation system has worked well thus far.

Anyhow, in this case it may be better for him to be prosecuted in Eurasia, whose judicial system is nowhere near as lenient and "nice" as mine. He'll definitely get the death sentence, heck! it'll probably be done publicly.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:53 am

New-Zealand wrote:Ahem Marquette, the NZ Judicial System would put him through a stringent rehabilitation system during those 25+ year. Remember, I said 25 to life, if the parole officers consider him to be a threat to the public, he will never be released. I'm essentially giving him the maximum possible sentence that isn't direct murder or serious assault. If he had actually directly killed someone, he would have been given the life sentence, NO PAROLE. Consider it a loophole in the system, but our rehabilitation system has worked well thus far.

Anyhow, in this case it may be better for him to be prosecuted in Eurasia, whose judicial system is nowhere near as lenient and "nice" as mine. He'll definitely get the death sentence, heck! it'll probably be done publicly.
Marquette pushes for Wallace to be tried in Eurasia.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:57 am

Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:
New-Zealand wrote:Ahem Marquette, the NZ Judicial System would put him through a stringent rehabilitation system during those 25+ year. Remember, I said 25 to life, if the parole officers consider him to be a threat to the public, he will never be released. I'm essentially giving him the maximum possible sentence that isn't direct murder or serious assault. If he had actually directly killed someone, he would have been given the life sentence, NO PAROLE. Consider it a loophole in the system, but our rehabilitation system has worked well thus far.

Marquette pushes for Wallace to be tried in Eurasia.
The Social Democracy has no objection to this motion.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Aloia Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:08 am

Aloia will move our troops from our occupied territory to Artips to join the Eurasian and NZ troops. We officially give up our territory in Articmainia, but we will not leave Artips until we can be sure that a government with some kind of representation will be established. We would not be against some kind of monarchy led by the Wallaces, as long as it is tempered with some kind of representative body.

We do not want John Wallace to receive the death penalty, for Aloians view it as immoral, but we do request a sentence of life in prison. Given his age, it is unlikely that NZ's proposal of 25 years will be any different than a life sentence for the emperor.
Aloia
Aloia
Potential World Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=aloia

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:39 am

First of all, I said MINIMUM of 25 years, he will probably serve more than that.

Secondly, I could probably use a loophole and claim he directly commanded troops to kill, so he was the direct cause of the act, except he acted through a third party. That way I can give him the maximum possible NZ sentence which is life with minimum of 1000 years.

Though, he probably wont be suffering considering this is the standard set up for our prisons :
Articmainia Peace Talks - Page 2 Article-1277158-0985D624000005DC-56_634x423
Articmainia Peace Talks - Page 2 29slid1

He's going to have an airconditioned room with en suite bathroom, a laptop with high speed internet, and a LCD TV with connection to cable TV. He will have the opportunity to work in prison jobs for tokens which he can use to buy stuff like play stations, books etc. Heck! our prisons are kinda like 3-4 star hotels, except you cant leave.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:46 am

New-Zealand wrote:First of all, I said MINIMUM of 25 years, he will probably serve more than that.

Secondly, I could probably use a loophole and claim he directly commanded troops to kill, so he was the direct cause of the act, except he acted through a third party. That way I can give him the maximum possible NZ sentence which is life with minimum of 1000 years.

Though, he probably wont be suffering considering this is the standard set up for our prisons :

He's going to have an airconditioned room with en suite bathroom, a laptop with high speed internet, and a LCD TV with connection to cable TV. He will have the opportunity to work in prison jobs for tokens which he can use to buy stuff like play stations, books etc. Heck! our prisons are kinda like 3-4 star hotels, except you cant leave.
That is completely OUTRAGEOUS. I am personally and as a country starting to dislike your nation every time you post in this thread. Why is that the standard for your prisons?! I understand why a political prisoner like Mr. Wallace would receive a cell like that, but that's the STANDARD?!

And what's with you talking about making loopholes? Does your system really have that many loopholes? You ought to take a look at redefining your justice system, pally.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Texania Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:03 pm

What do I get out of this ?I took the brunt of the attack,I would at least expect articmainia to pay off the fines.
Texania
Texania
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:20 pm

Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:
New-Zealand wrote:First of all, I said MINIMUM of 25 years, he will probably serve more than that.

That is completely OUTRAGEOUS. I am personally and as a country starting to dislike your nation every time you post in this thread. Why is that the standard for your prisons?! I understand why a political prisoner like Mr. Wallace would receive a cell like that, but that's the STANDARD?!

And what's with you talking about making loopholes? Does your system really have that many loopholes? You ought to take a look at redefining your justice system, pally.
Lol, we don't have that many loopholes, its just that we never really accounted for "political prisoners". They're not really our forté, the laws work fine for domestic instances, but for something of this scale I have to play with loopholes to get him the punishment he deserves. Oh and secondly, we don't really have prisons, they're more or rather "Rehabilitation Centers". Our main priority is to just keep the off the streets, and keep the public safe. After that, we try to "Rehabilitate" them, but in the case we fail, they just remain in the center till they die essentially. We don't actively try to make them suffer in essence.

Also, there is no need to take this personally. We may have different opinions on many topics (Considering we are both at the complete opposite ends of the political spectrum) but I see no need for you to "dislike" me for it. If your taking this that seriously, I can withdraw from this discussion altogether, I don't want to ruin a friendship over it.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:38 pm

Please, there's no need to fight each other.

Anyway, New Tarajan accept the proposal of Articmania. Emperor Wallace will be judged and sentenced, and his brother will be his successor.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:23 pm

Eurasia, as previously stated, will judge Wallace.

Last edited by Europe and Asia on Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:47 pm

Marquette apologizes to New-Zealand for its outburst. I did not mean I was disliking you as a person.

Marquette pushes for Wallace to be tried in Eurasia. We are vehemently opposed to the prospect of John Wallace's brother taking power, but at the same time, we feel we can take no legal action to prevent it from happening.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:37 pm

Eurasia is also opposed to Wallace's brother taking power, and will ensure a democratic outcome.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next