World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WA Map Reforms Committee

+8
Texania
Federation of Antanares
New Tarajan
Great Eurussia
Shirouma
New-Zealand
Ireland
Marquette (of Pacific)
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

WA Map Reforms Committee - Page 2 Empty Re: WA Map Reforms Committee

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:08 pm

We now have set and official members of the committee. Please ask to be added to the list of members and your thoughts will be welcome.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:55 pm

Antanares will support this committee.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:06 pm

New Tarajan wrote:Antanares will support this committee.

Again mate, you've forgotten to log out of your brother's account. You've done the same thing for your news post.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=new-zealand

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:54 pm

Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:
Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:Hello and welcome to the World Alliance Map Reforms Committee, established to further the reforms many of us in World Alliance have wanted for a long time.

Everyone will be granted access if they wish, and people are encouraged to sign the petition some of us already signed and sent to the region's secretary general.

Petition:

A list of members of the committee will be formulated once we have significant applications for membership. If you wish to join the committee, please telegram me on NationStates.

The following is a list of signatories:

Signatories:

I welcome this discussions and I will issue my position to the points raised, as the map administrator, and as well as my agreement to some matters.

Yes, and I have kept the original signatories posted on our conversation, so they know that you are in agreement with us on some issues and opposed on others.

No problem. I'm not bothered how many signatories there are, I want to see the good reasoning and merits for every single point of concerns you are raising. Nevertheless, here are my stance, as the map administrator.

1) LARGER SPREAD OUT CONTINENTS. I don't see anything wrong with the current map with regards to this matter as there are huge seas and oceans already and they are perfectly fine.
2) EQUATOR. This is great, I could simply draw an equator line on the next map update, but if you have a preferred look of the equator on the map, kindly show it.
3) MORE VOLUME SEAS. Again, I don't see any problem here as there are more nations here in Nation States than the seas. Am I correct? And that is the purpose of the map. And if the concern is forcing nations to focus on the areas other than maritime trade, well, we should help each other improve our RP.
4) CHANGE IN TERRAIN. Well, it has been a practice ever since that if you wish to change your terrain as you prefer your own geography and topography rather than the default, you can always go to the map claims thread and submit it there. I cannot count how many nation did this already so I guess there is no issue with this.
5) RELOCATION OF NATION/PUPPETS. Definitely not and it should never be to preserve our RP history. If it is only a reason of climate change or terrain, well all nations have the freedom to request to change their terrains.
6) ISSUE WITH EXPANSION. Well, we should not look on the expansion itself, but the reasons why there are expansions. It is used as a way to celebrate our achievements as a region, and a gift to ourselves is expanding our lands via OOC than wars through RP. It just so happened that after a recent expected expansion, we celebrated a once in a year event, and that is a New Year, and I think it is not too much to allow a land grab once in a while besides it has never happened before to celebrate a year of our success.
7) LIMIT THE SIZE OF A NATION CAN EXPAND. Why?
8) PUTTING CAP ON OVERSEAS TERRITORIES. Why?
9) RELINQUISHING TERRITORIES. Why? But I'm telling you, this is a big NO. As many nations have patiently waited to have the chance to expand their lands during expansion periods.
10) REPEAL ALL CLAIMS ON NEW YEAR LAND GRAB. Why? and a big NO.

I've just gotten confused :-/
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  Federation of Antanares Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:14 am

OOC: Just for say, the previous post was of Antanares and not of New Tarajan, sorry for the mistake ^^
Federation of Antanares
Federation of Antanares
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Texania Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:25 am

One thing y'all are forgetting is the the map doesn't correctly portray the world alliance world.The map shows that all territory is the same size,But towards the north and south it's smaller.So I propose that in the southernmost and northernmost 10% of the map claims can be 20% larger.
And the northernost and sorthernmost 25% claims can be 10% larger.
Texania
Texania
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:40 am

Great Eurussia wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:
Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:Hello and welcome to the World Alliance Map Reforms Committee, established to further the reforms many of us in World Alliance have wanted for a long time.

Everyone will be granted access if they wish, and people are encouraged to sign the petition some of us already signed and sent to the region's secretary general.

Petition:

A list of members of the committee will be formulated once we have significant applications for membership. If you wish to join the committee, please telegram me on NationStates.

The following is a list of signatories:

Signatories:

I welcome this discussions and I will issue my position to the points raised, as the map administrator, and as well as my agreement to some matters.

Yes, and I have kept the original signatories posted on our conversation, so they know that you are in agreement with us on some issues and opposed on others.

No problem. I'm not bothered how many signatories there are, I want to see the good reasoning and merits for every single point of concerns you are raising. Nevertheless, here are my stance, as the map administrator.

1) LARGER SPREAD OUT CONTINENTS. I don't see anything wrong with the current map with regards to this matter as there are huge seas and oceans already and they are perfectly fine.
2) EQUATOR. This is great, I could simply draw an equator line on the next map update, but if you have a preferred look of the equator on the map, kindly show it.
3) MORE VOLUME SEAS. Again, I don't see any problem here as there are more nations here in Nation States than the seas. Am I correct? And that is the purpose of the map. And if the concern is forcing nations to focus on the areas other than maritime trade, well, we should help each other improve our RP.
4) CHANGE IN TERRAIN. Well, it has been a practice ever since that if you wish to change your terrain as you prefer your own geography and topography rather than the default, you can always go to the map claims thread and submit it there. I cannot count how many nation did this already so I guess there is no issue with this.
5) RELOCATION OF NATION/PUPPETS. Definitely not and it should never be to preserve our RP history. If it is only a reason of climate change or terrain, well all nations have the freedom to request to change their terrains.
6) ISSUE WITH EXPANSION. Well, we should not look on the expansion itself, but the reasons why there are expansions. It is used as a way to celebrate our achievements as a region, and a gift to ourselves is expanding our lands via OOC than wars through RP. It just so happened that after a recent expected expansion, we celebrated a once in a year event, and that is a New Year, and I think it is not too much to allow a land grab once in a while besides it has never happened before to celebrate a year of our success.
7) LIMIT THE SIZE OF A NATION CAN EXPAND. Why?
8) PUTTING CAP ON OVERSEAS TERRITORIES. Why?
9) RELINQUISHING TERRITORIES. Why? But I'm telling you, this is a big NO. As many nations have patiently waited to have the chance to expand their lands during expansion periods.
10) REPEAL ALL CLAIMS ON NEW YEAR LAND GRAB. Why? and a big NO.

I've just gotten confused :-/

Eurussia, stop confusing yourself. Not all of what you listed is pertinent to the issue at hand, and are just some of our plans for the future.

First of all, the geography changing and the nation/puppet replacement is synonymous with the equator. You see, we would like most of the deserts to be located in and around the equator, and to remove many of the deserts that currently exist, as there simply aren't that many deserts realistically.

Also, we would like to give nations the option to relocate their territory if, for example, they don't like being right on the equator.

The thing with resizing the continents is that, right now, they are pretty much windy archipelagos and not based off of continental plates, like in the real world. Pretty much every continent is just a huge mess of thin islands and there really aren't many open seas, like the Atlantic, Indian, and Pacific Oceans.

#6-10 that you listed are not part of the petition and are merely future plans for legislation in the Parliament.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:41 am

Texania wrote:One thing y'all are forgetting is the the map doesn't correctly portray the world alliance world.The map shows that all territory is the same size,But towards the north and south it's smaller.So I propose that in the southernmost and northernmost 10% of the map claims can be 20% larger.
And the northernost and sorthernmost 25% claims can be 10% larger.

Again, that's not part of the petition. If you want that to happen, make a bill about that and propose it to the Parliament, or try to find a member of Parliament who is willing to propose it.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:19 am

Eurussia, stop confusing yourself. Not all of what you listed is pertinent to the issue at hand, and are just some of our plans for the future.

First of all, the geography changing and the nation/puppet replacement is synonymous with the equator. You see, we would like most of the deserts to be located in and around the equator, and to remove many of the deserts that currently exist, as there simply aren't that many deserts realistically.

Also, we would like to give nations the option to relocate their territory if, for example, they don't like being right on the equator.

The thing with resizing the continents is that, right now, they are pretty much windy archipelagos and not based off of continental plates, like in the real world. Pretty much every continent is just a huge mess of thin islands and there really aren't many open seas, like the Atlantic, Indian, and Pacific Oceans.

#6-10 that you listed are not part of the petition and are merely future plans for legislation in the Parliament.

I demand an answer for every points I raised from your own arguments. Do not mislead us. Don't say that this is part of the future or not as you have been raising these issues without proper arguments. Just go straight to the point of every concern I am raising. 

Thank you.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:18 pm

I do not approve of any changes my nation's terrain. I do not care for this equator if it's going to result in my nation becoming a desert. If this is the course of action of this committee, I am hereby standing AGAINST this proposal.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:20 pm

Remove my name from the list of Signatories, I am here forth opposed to this committee. Eurussia has raised some crucial points which have shown me the flaws in the plan. We are going to cause a complete jump in our RP history that will see nations move and climates change.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:43 pm

I agree we do not need an equator I do not want my nation becoming Tundra or desert. You need to explain your points more.
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_empire_of_ireland

Back to top Go down

Post  Arveyres Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:27 pm

We would like to support this, but not have the land claims repealed.

Last edited by Arveyres on Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arveyres
Arveyres
Potential World Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=holy_patrician_states

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:51 pm

I also withdraw my signature this is a failed cause and also because of your act in the CoJ.
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:32 pm

New-Zealand wrote:I just want to point out that I WILL NOT be supporting any motions in favor of repealing all the land grab expansions.

I must second this. I like what you're doing, but leave land grabs out.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:31 am

PEOPLE, PEOPLE, let me explain. This committee is merely a place to discuss things regarding map reforms. Nothing here is official. I am merely considering proposing a bill concerning the Land Grab, but I'm not even sure if I will propose that to the Parliament anymore.

Secondly, I'm not saying everyone around the equator will magically become a desert or tundra. I'm saying we should focus our desert locations around the equator and near the tropics, because they're in that vicinity in real life.

We're not going to make any jumps in RP history or climate. We simply want to make the climate more realistic by adding an equator. For instance, if one has claimed land near where the equator realistically is (in the general center of the map), one cannot claim that their nation has the climate of, say, Russia. The same goes for nations inside or near the arctic and antarctic circles. They cannot claim that their nation has the climate of, say, Hawaii. Also, I no longer support nations being able to move from the equator if they wanted their nation's climate to be like Russia, for example. They made the choice to have their country there, and they should deal with their mistake.

Let me specify one more thing: I'm considering proposing a bill to Parliament regarding the Land Grabs, but they have nothing to do with this petition. The petition is about making the map look more realistic, not about expansions.

Also, please let me explain before you just announce that you wish to remove your name from the petition.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Atletius Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:24 am

What Marquette proposes is fairly simple. The bill he is talking about would just render all the land extensions in the New Years expansion period void, because the land grab got out of hand,
I for one am in favour of this.
I do not however support changing the map, as it would be too difficult given the number of nations on it already. If the map was more realistic it would be better, but changing it isn't feasible.
Atletius
Atletius
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:33 am

Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:PEOPLE, PEOPLE, let me explain. This committee is merely a place to discuss things regarding map reforms. Nothing here is official. I am merely considering proposing a bill concerning the Land Grab, but I'm not even sure if I will propose that to the Parliament anymore.

Secondly, I'm not saying everyone around the equator will magically become a desert or tundra. I'm saying we should focus our desert locations around the equator and near the tropics, because they're in that vicinity in real life.

We're not going to make any jumps in RP history or climate. We simply want to make the climate more realistic by adding an equator. For instance, if one has claimed land near where the equator realistically is (in the general center of the map), one cannot claim that their nation has the climate of, say, Russia. The same goes for nations inside or near the arctic and antarctic circles. They cannot claim that their nation has the climate of, say, Hawaii. Also, I no longer support nations being able to move from the equator if they wanted their nation's climate to be like Russia, for example. They made the choice to have their country there, and they should deal with their mistake.

Let me specify one more thing: I'm considering proposing a bill to Parliament regarding the Land Grabs, but they have nothing to do with this petition. The petition is about making the map look more realistic, not about expansions.

Also, please let me explain before you just announce that you wish to remove your name from the petition.

Thank you. And now, after all the issues you've raised my question now is WHAT IS THE ISSUE WITH THE NEW YEAR LAND GRAB? In which we are just celebrating a milestone for the region which only happens once in a year? 
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:00 am

Great Eurussia wrote:
Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:PEOPLE, PEOPLE, let me explain. This committee is merely a place to discuss things regarding map reforms. Nothing here is official. I am merely considering proposing a bill concerning the Land Grab, but I'm not even sure if I will propose that to the Parliament anymore.

Thank you. And now, after all the issues you've raised my question now is WHAT IS THE ISSUE WITH THE NEW YEAR LAND GRAB? In which we are just celebrating a milestone for the region which only happens once in a year? 

The gargantuan claims of some nations. That's really it. Also, we shouldn't have had an expansion just one week after we had another one.

The New Year isn't really a milestone for the region, but the 1 Year 100 Days was.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:53 am

Great Eurussia wrote:

The gargantuan claims of some nations. That's really it. Also, we shouldn't have had an expansion just one week after we had another one.

The New Year isn't really a milestone for the region, but the 1 Year 100 Days was.

I'm just sad that you can't appreciate that. But for me, it's a big achievement. 1 year and 100 days is a usual milestone countdown, and welcoming a New Year with more than a hundred nations you've treated as friends and family is another thing.

If you don't want to participate so be it, but don't hold a grudge for those who enjoyed the land grab and even drag everybody just because you feel you don't like it.

I will continue to oppose any selfish acts. Thank you.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:32 am

Great Eurussia wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

I'm just sad that you can't appreciate that. But for me, it's a big achievement. 1 year and 100 days is a usual milestone countdown, and welcoming a New Year with more than a hundred nations you've treated as friends and family is another thing.

If you don't want to participate so be it, but don't hold a grudge for those who enjoyed the land grab and even drag everybody just because you feel you don't like it.

I second this. Why ruin everyone else's happiness cause a few nations abused it? I am strongly in favour of keeping the land grab.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:25 am

New-Zealand wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

I second this. Why ruin everyone else's happiness cause a few nations abused it? I am strongly in favour of keeping the land grab.

As do I. I appreciate what you're doing here, but if you continue to try to repeal this land grab I will be forced to distance myself from it.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:50 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

None of you have to support my idea of the revocation of the Land Grab, and that has nothing to do with the petition, so if you're opposed to the revocation of the Land Grab, why are you removing your name from the petition.

Also, I'm not being selfish at all, Eurussia, and I'm not holding any grudges. Where you get that notion is beyond me. I think you're taking my words from here and making connections to completely different matters.

It's not the freedom for nations to expand that I'm opposed to, nor is it people's fun that I'm opposed to, but I am opposed to nations claiming huge swaths of land that, quite frankly, ruin the roleplay history for myself and others.

Also, please do not write in red ink. We're all going to read what you say, so you don't have to make it stand out any more than it already does.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:30 pm

Put my name back down.
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Federation of Antanares Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:53 pm

Antanares would join this commission for the reform of the map.
Also, I think Marquette mean to say that he's not against the expansion itself, but the abuse of its and I think he's reason about. A second occasion for expansion was a good idea, but why allow these big land claims? I think some claims were really too big ^^
Federation of Antanares
Federation of Antanares
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next