World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Dismissed) New Realistic RolePlay Act

+4
Marquette (of Pacific)
Atletius
Great Eurussia
New Tarajan
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

(Dismissed) New Realistic RolePlay Act Empty (Dismissed) New Realistic RolePlay Act

Post  New Tarajan Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:48 am

Honourable colleagues,
as President of the Council, we wish to propose to this body to change the current Revised Realistic Role-Playing Act with a completely new bill, to be called New Realistic Role-Play Act.
The aim is simple: as the most recent proposals in the Parliament have shown to us, there's the need to create a new system for realistic role-playing inside our Region, which would greatly increase the efficiency and, above all, the fun of the role-play.

However, since this is a very complex and wide issue, it is my opinion that the best way to handle it with is to work all together, in order to create a bill to be submitted to the Parliament.

Thus, here we will discuss all the proposals, making the bill step by step.
First of all, I believe there's the need to new, clear laws over the deployment and role-playing of troops (including their existence) as already told with Eurussia. We can start from this point.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) New Realistic RolePlay Act Empty Re: (Dismissed) New Realistic RolePlay Act

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:22 am

Eurussia fully supports this iniative and we are in a good forum to craft a proposal on the matter before being sent to Parliament. We are looking forward for the thorough deliberation and crafting of this New RP Act.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) New Realistic RolePlay Act Empty Re: (Dismissed) New Realistic RolePlay Act

Post  Atletius Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:54 pm

Atletius agrees that an improved Realistic Roleplaying Bill is needed and also agrees that the best place to create it is cooperatively here.
Atletius
Atletius
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:14 pm

Thank you for your support.
We will wait for the other members of the Council expressing their opinion before officially proceeding but, please, if you have any idea right now, feel free to begin to state it.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:16 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:
Eurussia fully supports this iniative and we are in a good forum to craft a proposal on the matter before being sent to Parliament. We are looking forward for the thorough deliberation and crafting of this New RP Act.

By the way I request New Tarajan to actively act as the moderator of the discussion. Anyways it is expected as he is the President of the Council.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:52 pm

Of course we will. It's natural, and it's exactly what we are doing right now.
This is why I asked to the Members to start expressing their ideas.

Personally, I'll work on my own as soon as RL impediments will be removed.

The first stage of the project will be handling with the Role-play of troops and military forces in general, so we will now discuss over this specific issue.

After, when a first draft about it will be completed, we will proceed further with all the other issues, step by step.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Atletius Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:27 am

I have one idea that is relevant to this, but I'll wait until hearing a few others until saying it,
Atletius
Atletius
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:37 am

Now, let me start the discussions! Here is New Tarajan's NS Tracker Statistics!!!

(Dismissed) New Realistic RolePlay Act Stats=new_tarajan

This is the basics of our RP. Now the question is, shall we maintain the divide by ten rule? Ever since, I'm skeptical about this so I'm neither for nor against.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:19 am

Great Eurussia wrote:Now, let me start the discussions! Here is New Tarajan's NS Tracker Statistics!!!

(Dismissed) New Realistic RolePlay Act Stats=new_tarajan

This is the basics of our RP. Now the question is, shall we maintain the divide by ten rule? Ever since, I'm skeptical about this so I'm neither for nor against.

My opinion is that the Divide By Ten Rule still lets nations grow too big and too quickly. When the DBT rule was implemented, I had a population of about 1.5 billion (I think), which is about 150 million when divided by ten, and my population has remained thereabouts since it was implemented. However, if I really wanted to, I could say that my population is 260 million. That's a growth of over 100 million people in only 6 months!
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:23 am

I think it is "fine" as it is lets not screw it up even more.
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_empire_of_ireland

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:57 pm

I have only 2 fundamental points I really want maintained : 

1) We allow nations the chance to grow (No population caps)
2) We continue to use the NSTracker as the central fact provider for ALL our RP needs.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=new-zealand

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:17 pm

New-Zealand wrote:I have only 2 fundamental points I really want maintained : 

1) We allow nations the chance to grow (No population caps)
2) We continue to use the NSTracker as the central fact provider for ALL our RP needs.

You're right, NZ. The real issue here is how to combine these two things with the need for a more realistic RP. Because, of course, those two points are the only "ground" we can work upon.

Please, continue to make proposals in the form of statements which can be added to the bill.
I'm working on them too.
This stage of proposals (about the military issue) will be closed on March 6.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Atletius Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:57 am

I was thinking we have an offshoot of the CoJ that acts as a RP moderator that decides if things like RP populations are reasonable. That way we give people trust to not be idiots about their RP but can stop it if it's unrealistic.
And of course like NZ said the NSTracker would serve as a basis for their decisions

Just a thought,
Atletius
Atletius
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:50 am

Atletius wrote:I was thinking we have an offshoot of the CoJ that acts as a RP moderator that decides if things like RP populations are reasonable. That way we give people trust to not be idiots about their RP but can stop it if it's unrealistic.
And of course like NZ said the NSTracker would serve as a basis for their decisions

Just a thought,

I agree. Someone has to be active enough and have the courage to reject unrealistic RP's based on standards and laws. This will eventually help us all learn to know what is realistic and gain more experience...
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:10 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:
Atletius wrote:I was thinking we have an offshoot of the CoJ that acts as a RP moderator that decides if things like RP populations are reasonable. That way we give people trust to not be idiots about their RP but can stop it if it's unrealistic.

Just a thought,

I agree. Someone has to be active enough and have the courage to reject unrealistic RP's based on standards and laws. This will eventually help us all learn to know what is realistic and gain more experience...

A sort of overseer?
The idea in itself is not bad. But it would far more useful to have a law indicating the main guidelines for everybody.
The problem is still the same: how to combine effectively NSTracker with the need of a realistic RP.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Atletius Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:40 am

Agreed a basic set of guidelines Is definitely needed.
Atletius
Atletius
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:44 pm

So, nobody has further proposals on the topic of military troops deployment & existence?

In that case, I'll try to make the "formal" statements as soon as possible (I'm quiet busy in RL at the moment).
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:06 pm

New Tarajan wrote:So, nobody has further proposals on the topic of military troops deployment & existence?

In that case, I'll try to make the "formal" statements as soon as possible (I'm quiet busy in RL at the moment).

Yes do it!
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:12 am

Ok then guys.
This will be the first chapter of the New Realistic Roleplaying Act.

New Realistic Roleplaying Act

Preamble

Art. 1:
The New Realistic Roleplaying Act (hereinafter, NRRA) has the main purpose of providing guidelines for Role-play for the World Alliance.
These guidelines shall be followed by all the countries which wish to participate to the RP of the Region, under supervision of the Court of Justice as judicial body of the World Alliance.

Art. 2:
All the provisions of this Act are based on the NSTracker, as main source of information about the single country.
The NSTracker will be valid as source of information only in case of no manipulation of it by a country.

Chapter 1: Population

Art. 3:
The Population of a country is measured through the Divide-per-Ten Rule. However, in case of increasing size of population in clear opposition to the effective size of the country, an explanation shall be provided through RP. In case of failure in providing such an explanation (and a reasonable one) the Court of Justice shall nullify the RP which sees the population of that country involved.
Alternatively, a country could choose to fix a definitive cap for its own population.

Chapter 2: Military forces

Art. 4:
The Military forces of a country shall be measured using the NSTracker as ground base, however with due respect of the following guidelines:

1. The amount of military forces (such as the number of naval squadrons, air wings, land divisions, reserves, etc...) shall not outnumber the amount of Real-World Powers military forces more than 10% for each point. This shall be applied also to WMD arsenals, such as ICBMs and nuclear weapons in general.

2. As for the population, a country could choose a cap for its own military forces for the sake of good RP.

Art. 5:
The deployment of military forces shall be as realistic as possible (using Real-World as an example and a "template").
In case of deployment in a different continent with no colonies nor other kind of territories belonging to the motherland or to puppets, the RP shall provide for a clear indication of the bases used by the contingent to be deployed.

Art. 6:
The use and deployment of military forces shall be subjected to the rules established on the RP-time in this same Act.

This is all for the moment.
I wish to ask you for suggestions. Otherwise, we can proceed further with the other points of this Act.
As you can see at the end, I have the intention also to give guidelines for time in RP.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Dromoda Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:13 am

New Tarajan wrote:Ok then guys.

Preamble

Art. 1:
The New Realistic Roleplaying Act (hereinafter, NRRA) has the main purpose of providing guidelines for Role-play for the World Alliance.
These guidelines shall be followed by all the countries which wish to participate to the RP of the Region, under supervision of the Court of Justice as judicial body of the World Alliance.

Art. 2:
All the provisions of this Act are based on the NSTracker, as main source of information about the single country.
The NSTracker will be valid as source of information only in case of no manipulation of it by a country.

Art. 3:
The Population of a country is measured through the Divide-per-Ten Rule. However, in case of increasing size of population in clear opposition to the effective size of the country, an explanation shall be provided through RP. In case of failure in providing such an explanation (and a reasonable one) the Court of Justice shall nullify the RP which sees the population of that country involved.
Alternatively, a country could choose to fix a definitive cap for its own population.

Art. 4:
The Military forces of a country shall be measured using the NSTracker as ground base, however with due respect of the following guidelines:

1. The amount of military forces (such as the number of naval squadrons, air wings, land divisions, reserves, etc...) shall not outnumber the amount of Real-World Powers military forces more than 10% for each point. This shall be applied also to WMD arsenals, such as ICBMs and nuclear weapons in general.

2. As for the population, a country could choose a cap for its own military forces for the sake of good RP.

Art. 5:
The deployment of military forces shall be as realistic as possible (using Real-World as an example and a "template").
In case of deployment in a different continent with no colonies nor other kind of territories belonging to the motherland or to puppets, the RP shall provide for a clear indication of the bases used by the contingent to be deployed.

Art. 6:
The use and deployment of military forces shall be subjected to the rules established on the RP-time in this same Act.

I wish to ask you for suggestions. Otherwise, we can proceed further with the other points of this Act.
As you can see at the end, I have the intention also to give guidelines for time in RP.
away with the divide by 10 rule please
Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:14 am

Dromoda wrote:
New Tarajan wrote:Ok then guys.

Preamble

Art. 1:

Art. 2:

Art. 3:

Art. 4:

Art. 5:

Art. 6:

away with the divide by 10 rule please

Unfortunately, that one is the only rule we can apply right now. If you have a good alternative, please, tell us.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:28 am

This is a suggestion, but in the tracker, you can set what percentile of the population is eligible for military service. It ranges from 1%-9%, I believe. Perhaps a permanent setting of 1% for peace time and 3% for war time would be fair? Or shall we stick with divide by ten?
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Dromoda Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:31 am

Europe and Asia wrote:This is a suggestion, but in the tracker, you can set what percentile of the population is eligible for military service. It ranges from 1%-9%, I believe. Perhaps a permanent setting of 1% for peace time and 3% for war time would be fair? Or shall we stick with divide by ten?
 i like this alternative  Very Happy
Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Atletius Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:45 am

I've had a new idea. How about RP population = NS Tracker Population - 10%

That way smaller nations aren't burdened more by a DBT rule.
Atletius
Atletius
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:52 am

About the Eurasian alternative: good point, I was already thinking about it while drafting the first articles. We could implement it.

About Atletian proposal: the basic idea is good too, but the problem would be with very big countries...
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next