World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Dismissed) Realistic Population Act

+5
New-Zealand
The Catham Islands
Great Eurussia
Texania
Marquette (of Pacific)
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

(Dismissed) Realistic Population Act  Empty (Dismissed) Realistic Population Act

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:16 am

Realistic Population Act

An act to propose that every nation in the World Alliance chooses a realistic population for their nation.

RECOGNIZING that NationStates is not like the real world in many ways, which include, but are not limited to substantial population growth in millions each day.

REALIZING that if nations were allowed to use their regular NationStates population, the world would already be extremely overpopulated and we would have run out of resources decades ago.

CONSCIOUS of the fact that population growth by the millions daily is not realistic. Also conscious of the fact that a small country, such as Lonbonia, has 1.7 billion people is extremely unrealistic.

NOTING the fact that while several nations are quite large and could likely sustain numbers of one billion or more, there are only two nations in the world with populations of over one billion on earth.

ALSO NOTING that while NationStates is not exactly like the real world, we should try to make it as realistic as possible for engaging and enjoyable roleplay for everyone.

PROPOSING that every nation in the World Alliance choose a realistic population according to the following criteria:

I. Some nations are larger than others, and therefore can sustain larger populations.
II. However, some nations with a large area have very little arable land and little natural resources, and thus cannot sustain a large population.
III. Most First World nations have small birth rates, so they do not have as large of population growth as other, less developed nations.

PROPOSING TO REPEAL The Realistic Roleplaying Act as no one followed its rules, and this would successfully update it.

ADDING to the responsibilities of the Roleplay Moderator the job of moderating people's roleplay population and military size.

FINALLY understanding that with a set, permanent, and in many cases, smaller population military sizes will be easier to control.

LASTLY a topic should be started under the 'Regional Registry' subforums where nations are obligated to list their realistic population fro roleplaying.

Written by Marquette of Pacific.

Last edited by Marquette (of Pacific) on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) Realistic Population Act  Empty Re: (Dismissed) Realistic Population Act

Post  Texania Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:43 am

I approve of this.
Texania
Texania
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) Realistic Population Act  Empty Inquiry

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:55 am

Is this mandatory?
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) Realistic Population Act  Empty Re: (Dismissed) Realistic Population Act

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:01 am

Only for countries who want to roleplay. We can't have some countries be 60 million while roleplaying and another being 2 billion. If countries have no interest in roleplaying or are never on the forums, then by all means, they are not required to have a roleplay population.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Texania Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:03 am

Great Eurussia wrote:

Is this mandatory?
I think it's optional,but I approve this because I don't want any nations in rp to say they have 50 million troops.
Texania
Texania
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  The Catham Islands Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:06 am

I thought that NZ created a divide by 10 rule that fixed this problem in the last SC?
The Catham Islands
The Catham Islands
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Texania Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:09 am

The Catham Islands wrote:I thought that NZ created a divide by 10 rule that fixed this problem in the last SC?
Nobody followed that rule
Texania
Texania
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:09 am

Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:Only for countries who want to roleplay. We can't have some countries be 60 million while roleplaying and another being 2 billion. If countries have no interest in roleplaying or are never on the forums, then by all means, they are not required to have a roleplay population.
Then, how about its impact on military statistics? Economic statistics? And budget statistics?
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  The Catham Islands Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:12 am

Texania wrote:
The Catham Islands wrote:I thought that NZ created a divide by 10 rule that fixed this problem in the last SC?
Well then what makes you think people will follow this one? We should be trying to better enforce the old one rather than passing a new one for people to ignore.
The Catham Islands
The Catham Islands
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:15 am

We could have a Populations Moderator who would moderate whether or not people had realistic military sizes for their population. As far as I know, this would not effect economic statistics. If you have a good economy now, you will still have a good economy when you "reduce" your population.

As I said, we could have a Populations Moderator (which I would gladly volunteer to be) or we could simply pile all this onto the Roleplay Moderator's list of duties.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:15 am

The Catham Islands wrote:
Texania wrote:
Well then what makes you think people will follow this one? We should be trying to better enforce the old one rather than passing a new one for people to ignore.
The special Populations Moderator and the Roleplay Moderator would enforce it.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:45 am

Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:
Texania wrote:
Okay, but before Eurussia give its vote, we suggest that (1) There must a provision specifying that the RP Moderator shall be given the task to enforce this law; and (2) There must be a provision repealing the Realistic Role Playing Act (https://worldalliance.forumotion.co.uk/t144-realistic-role-playing-act#3634).
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:23 am

Great Eurussia wrote:
Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:
Texania wrote:
Okay, but before Eurussia give its vote, we suggest that (1) There must a provision specifying that the RP Moderator shall be given the task to enforce this law; and (2) There must be a provision repealing the Realistic Role Playing Act (https://worldalliance.forumotion.co.uk/t144-realistic-role-playing-act#3634).
It has been added.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Texania Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:51 am

My nation is supposed to be the america of WA,except its like the 20th most powerful instead of most powerful.
Texania
Texania
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) Realistic Population Act  Empty Eurussian Suggestion

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:15 am

Texania wrote:My nation is supposed to be the america of WA,except its like the 20th most powerful instead of most powerful.
On this note, I think, nations who will engage in RP must also indicate their real word counterpart countries to give other nations the idea on how a particular nation wants to project himself in WA diplomacy.

And I would suggest that under this law, we should put ceilings on everything so we could abolish the use of NS Tracker anymore since it will be totally useless, if this passes.

And here are my suggestions at par with real life countries, (1) Population Cap - 1 billion , (2) Military Cap - 2 million, (3) Budget Cap - 3 trillion.  And my arguments is that China has the largest estimated population at 1.2 billion and standing army at 2 million while the United States has the largest government revenue at 3 trillion dollars. So that each nation will have the free hand to allocate their resources wherever they like so those who wish to engage in RP will be required to publish their data on their factbook so no nation will easily twist data during crises.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:57 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:
Texania wrote:My nation is supposed to be the america of WA,except its like the 20th most powerful instead of most powerful.
On this note, I think, nations who will engage in RP must also indicate their real word counterpart countries to give other nations the idea on how a particular nation wants to project himself in WA diplomacy.

And I would suggest that under this law, we should put ceilings on everything so we could abolish the use of NS Tracker anymore since it will be totally useless, if this passes.

And here are my suggestions at par with real life countries, (1) Population Cap - 1 billion , (2) Military Cap - 2 million, (3) Budget Cap - 3 trillion.  And my arguments is that China has the largest estimated population at 1.2 billion and standing army at 2 million while the United States has the largest government revenue at 3 trillion dollars. So that each nation will have the free hand to allocate their resources wherever they like so those who wish to engage in RP will be required to publish their data on their factbook so no nation will easily twist data during crises.
(Dismissed) Realistic Population Act  Aw-hell-naw

The NSTracker is the only way to have fair comparisons. Removing the use of the tracker for statistics is going to completely ruin RP. I support the notion that we just better enforce the divide by ten rule, perhaps refine it a bit. The divide by 10 rule reduces all statistics to believable realistic levels, while still allowing nations to be more powerful due to their larger size and/or economic and budgetary policies. This new "scrap the facts and make them up" idea is purely ludicrous.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=new-zealand

Back to top Go down

Post  Farshonian Empire Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:59 pm

I argee with New Zealand.
Farshonian Empire
Farshonian Empire
Powerbroker

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=farshonia

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:02 pm

Ha! There is a difference between "wanting" to be something, and actually being it. Becoming the most powerful requires a lot of effort, time and careful planning. To just demand some laws to be passed so that you will become the most powerful is both corrupt and childish. If you want to be the greatest I suggest you put in the work required for it, not just moan and change the rules so that you become the greatest. We all started at the bottom, we put in the work and effort that brought us to this position. IT TAKES TIME! YOU CANT JUST JUMP THE QUEUE!
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=new-zealand

Back to top Go down

Post  Texania Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:13 pm

New-Zealand wrote:
Ha! There is a difference between "wanting" to be something, and actually being it. Becoming the most powerful requires a lot of effort, time and careful planning. To just demand some laws to be passed so that you will become the most powerful is both corrupt and childish. If you want to be the greatest I suggest you put in the work required for it, not just moan and change the rules so that you become the greatest. We all started at the bottom, we put in the work and effort that brought us to this position. IT TAKES TIME! YOU CANT JUST JUMP THE QUEUE!
*Pays eurussia to call my nation powerful*
Texania
Texania
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Farshonian Empire Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:46 pm

Texania wrote:
New-Zealand wrote:
Your not powerful and even you can't beat my nation.
Farshonian Empire
Farshonian Empire
Powerbroker

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=farshonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:13 pm

Texania wrote:
New-Zealand wrote:
LOL
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:17 pm

WHOA WHOA WHOA GUYS settle down! Please bear in mind that what Eurussia said at the end of the last page is not what I had in mind at all. I do not propose getting rid of hte NSTracker at all! I like the NST for certain things. I also don't want us to have to try to be like a real world nation.

The reason I'm against the divide by 10 rule is because this way it gives people more say in what their population, military statistics, etc. are, but with a cap to all of those things of course.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Dromoda Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:19 pm

i like my 3.5 billion and i don't want to get rid of them!
Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:19 pm

Also, I'm not proposing this law so I can become the greatest. It's simply to make RP'ing more realistic but at the same time let people have a choice regarding their statistics! With proper limits of course.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:20 pm

Dromoda wrote:i like my 3.5 billion and i don't want to get rid of them!
This is what I'm saying. Some of us (like me) already have an RP population, mine's 148 mil and I always abide by that. But it's unfair when Dromoda has 3 billion. This just levels the playing field for all.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next