World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Dismissed) Realistic Population Act

+5
New-Zealand
The Catham Islands
Great Eurussia
Texania
Marquette (of Pacific)
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

(Dismissed) Realistic Population Act  - Page 2 Empty Eurussian Position

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:44 pm

New-Zealand wrote:
Texania wrote:My nation is supposed to be the america of WA,except its like the 20th most powerful instead of most powerful.
Ha! There is a difference between "wanting" to be something, and actually being it. Becoming the most powerful requires a lot of effort, time and careful planning. To just demand some laws to be passed so that you will become the most powerful is both corrupt and childish. If you want to be the greatest I suggest you put in the work required for it, not just moan and change the rules so that you become the greatest. We all started at the bottom, we put in the work and effort that brought us to this position. IT TAKES TIME! YOU CANT JUST JUMP THE QUEUE!
Nee Zealand has a point.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) Realistic Population Act  - Page 2 Empty Re: (Dismissed) Realistic Population Act

Post  Texania Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:56 pm

New-Zealand wrote:
Texania wrote:My nation is supposed to be the america of WA,except its like the 20th most powerful instead of most powerful.
Ha! There is a difference between "wanting" to be something, and actually being it. Becoming the most powerful requires a lot of effort, time and careful planning. To just demand some laws to be passed so that you will become the most powerful is both corrupt and childish. If you want to be the greatest I suggest you put in the work required for it, not just moan and change the rules so that you become the greatest. We all started at the bottom, we put in the work and effort that brought us to this position. IT TAKES TIME! YOU CANT JUST JUMP THE QUEUE!
Im not jumping the queue,My nation is around the 20-30th most powerful nation on the map.population wise,military wise,and economically.
Texania
Texania
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) Realistic Population Act  - Page 2 Empty Re: (Dismissed) Realistic Population Act

Post  New-Zealand Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:43 pm

The divide by 10 rule does not apply if you have chosen an RP population that is lesser than (or equal to) 1/10th of your NS Population size.

Also, I wasn't accusing you (Marquette) of wanting to be the most powerful.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=new-zealand

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:59 pm

New-Zealand wrote:The divide by 10 rule does not apply if you have chosen an RP population that is lesser than (or equal to) 1/10th of your NS Population size.

Also, I wasn't accusing you (Marquette) of wanting to be the most powerful.
I get that you weren't accusing me, but it looks like some people may be trying to use this act to become more powerful (not naming any names) and I wanted to say that was not my intention for this act at all.

Even if we use the Divide By 10 rule, your population will still go up every day. Also, there would still be nations with huge populations.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:20 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:
On this note, I think, nations who will engage in RP must also indicate their real word counterpart countries to give other nations the idea on how a particular nation wants to project himself in WA diplomacy.

And I would suggest that under this law, we should put ceilings on everything so we could abolish the use of NS Tracker anymore since it will be totally useless, if this passes.

And here are my suggestions at par with real life countries, (1) Population Cap - 1 billion , (2) Military Cap - 2 million, (3) Budget Cap - 3 trillion.  And my arguments is that China has the largest estimated population at 1.2 billion and standing army at 2 million while the United States has the largest government revenue at 3 trillion dollars. So that each nation will have the free hand to allocate their resources wherever they like so those who wish to engage in RP will be required to publish their data on their factbook so no nation will easily twist data during crises.
Marquette, what can you say about the population cap?

Despite opposition, I am willing to give this proposal a chance until my suggestion above is considered.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:06 pm

What I want to make clear is that there would be caps for everything, 1.3 Billion for population (so Dromoda can continue pretending to be China Razz), 3 trillion USD for GDP, and a 2.5 million military cap.

I don't have in mind the intention of abolishing the NSTracker. We can still use it for a database for our nations' information (you can put all your RP numbers and everything in there) and it's great for comparison to other countries.

Also, not every nation is trying to be like a real-world nation, so we will not obligate any nations to choose a real-world nation their nation is like.

Also, I am aware that some of you are worried about upstart, war-mongering nations having a larger population than you. We can and will use the RP Moderator if any declaration of war is under unlikely circumstances, for instance, Greecia could not have taken New Malizia's capital so quickly. Also everyone, please note that since Greecia has been in so many wars lately and he has lost them all, its economy should be in the largest recession in its history.

Same goes for Texania. Although he was not the agressor, he has still fought in several wars lately. His economy should at least be suffering a bit from his involvement in all those wars.

What I'm saying is that we use realism to rebut people's illogical declaration of wars.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:35 pm

In this sense, if this proposal becomes a law, it will just become an optional law and not mandatory?
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:47 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:
In this sense, if this proposal becomes a law, it will just become an optional law and not mandatory?
It will simply be mandatory to register your population, GDP, and military figures on your NSTracker if you roleplay. If you don't roleplay then this does not effect you. I penned this proposal with the intention of preventing unrealistic roleplayers from trying to conquer the world and ruin the experience for the rest of us.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:25 pm

Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:
It will simply be mandatory to register your population, GDP, and military figures on your NSTracker if you roleplay. If you don't roleplay then this does not effect you. I penned this proposal with the intention of preventing unrealistic roleplayers from trying to conquer the world and ruin the experience for the rest of us.
And I think we should also require putting their real world model nations so we could know if they are at par with that particular nation. Just a thought though.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Dromoda Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:20 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:
And I think we should also require putting their real world model nations so we could know if they are at par with that particular nation. Just a thought though.
but i like to be an super crowded country.
Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:48 am

Great Eurussia wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:
Not mandatory. This is not in the bill and will only be added if someone proposes an amendment to this bill in the future. Like I said, not every nation is supposed to be like a real-world nation. My nation is not modeled after a real-world nation. I completely created my culture and how my legislature runs.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Dromoda Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:46 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:
Not mandatory. This is not in the bill and will only be added if someone proposes an amendment to this bill in the future. Like I said, not every nation is supposed to be like a real-world nation. My nation is not modeled after a real-world nation. I  completely created my culture and how my legislature runs.
(Dismissed) Realistic Population Act  - Page 2 Good-job
Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) Realistic Population Act  - Page 2 Empty Eurussian News

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:59 pm

Eurussia votes YES.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:26 pm

Just to reiterate, we have yet to hear from the Catham Islands, New-Zealand, and theHoly Patrician Stateson this act.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Arveyres Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:30 am

We vote in favour as our role-play population is 60 million, and our NS population is extravagant.
Arveyres
Arveyres
Potential World Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=holy_patrician_states

Back to top Go down

Post  Aloia Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:33 pm

We vote in favor.
Aloia
Aloia
Potential World Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=aloia

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:49 pm

We vote AGAINST
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  The Catham Islands Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:24 pm

- VOID -
We will need more time to rethink our position.

Last edited by The Catham Islands on Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Catham Islands
The Catham Islands
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:52 pm

I would vote in favour of a population cap, but a GDP cap is just outrageous! How the hell are we supposed to reward nations for having good economies if we're just going to cap the damn thing! Same goes for military, some nations wish to spend more on their military than other, we should put a cap on the percentage of budget that may go towards military, but to put a cap on the budget value is once again just plain stupid.

My fellow SC members, DO NOT vote in favour of this bill, it is going to ruin our RP.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:02 pm

First let's talk about making changes to the act while we still can rather than skipping ahead to urging people to vote against it. As you can see, I have not written in the specific gaps yet so there is time to make changes. NZ what are your ideas on the GDP gap? We should have a vote on what the act should say about GDP.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Arveyres Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:31 pm

We change our vote to opposition
Arveyres
Arveyres
Potential World Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=holy_patrician_states

Back to top Go down

Post  Aloia Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:15 am

We change our vote to a vote against the bill.
Aloia
Aloia
Potential World Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=aloia

Back to top Go down

Post  Texania Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:47 am

I change to against this bill
Texania
Texania
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) Realistic Population Act  - Page 2 Empty Dismissal

Post  Great Eurussia Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:32 pm

OOC: As the Ninth Security Council takes office, this proposal is dismissed.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2