World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Dismissed) WA Map Claims Regulations

+6
Marquette (of Pacific)
Great Eurussia
Ireland
Texania
Europe and Asia
Arveyres
10 posters

Go down

(Dismissed) WA Map Claims Regulations Empty (Dismissed) WA Map Claims Regulations

Post  Arveyres Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:17 am

This is a simple law, with two main parts:

Section I: This law will require that all nations that wish to make claims on the map must be a member of the World Assembly of Nationstates to prove that they are not an incognito puppet state.

Section II: This law will not revoke the ability to freely create puppet states from your own territory.

Thanks
Arveyres, International Green Party
Arveyres
Arveyres
Potential World Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=holy_patrician_states

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) WA Map Claims Regulations Empty Re: (Dismissed) WA Map Claims Regulations

Post  Europe and Asia Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:22 am

But....I can't join the WA. Does this mean I can't have land?
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) WA Map Claims Regulations Empty Re: (Dismissed) WA Map Claims Regulations

Post  Arveyres Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:24 am

Europe and Asia wrote:But....I can't join the WA. Does this mean I can't have land?
Why are you unable to join the WA?
Arveyres
Arveyres
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Texania Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:49 am

I can't either. I accidentally joined two nations to the World assembly, then I did it again about a year later when I forgot, and they banned my IP from joining as well as my email. I did this with older nations, one was Noaboatx, which I still have, but the other I forgot the name.
Texania
Texania
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Arveyres Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:58 am

I think I could make this only apply to new nations, or should this just be scrapped?
Arveyres
Arveyres
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:05 am

scrap it
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_empire_of_ireland

Back to top Go down

Post  Arveyres Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:17 am

Great Empire of Ireland wrote:scrap it
Thanks for your wonderful input :-) Perhaps a reason why?
Arveyres
Arveyres
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:19 am

Arveyres wrote:
Great Empire of Ireland wrote:scrap it
Thanks for your wonderful input :-) Perhaps a reason why?
well scrap it or put more details in it. It has potential but it is somewhat confusing.
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:22 am

Arveyres wrote:I think I could make this only apply to new nations, or should this just be scrapped?

No, it has potential. How about the Court and/or the moderators are authorized to do an IP check on suspect nations, which would be reported by the map or forum moderators? That way, nations who cannot join the WA or are non members who wish not to join won't have problems getting into the region.

And I can't join the WA because it won't let me. I've tried multiple times. I never get the email, and it's not in my spam.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Arveyres Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:35 am

Europe and Asia wrote:
Arveyres wrote:I think I could make this only apply to new nations, or should this just be scrapped?

No, it has potential. How about the Court and/or the moderators are authorized to do an IP check on suspect nations, which would be reported by the map or forum moderators? That way, nations who cannot join the WA or are non members who wish not to join won't have problems getting into the region.

And I can't join the WA because it won't let me. I've tried multiple times. I never get the email, and it's not in my spam.
Oh if you are not able, I believe your IP idea could work.
Arveyres
Arveyres
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:05 am

Arveyres wrote:This is a simple law, with two main parts:

Section I: This law will require that all nations that wish to make claims on the map must be a member of the World Assembly of Nationstates to prove that they are not an incognito puppet state.

Section II: This law will not revoke the ability to freely create puppet states from your own territory.

Thanks
Arveyres, International Green Party

Thanks Arveyres but no need. It is discriminatory for those who don't like to join the WA Assembly like me and the reat of other nations.
Besides, with all new map claims, I always have an IP Check that's why you can easily notice that I am dropping names asking new nations if they are puppets. 
And if I get the feeling of there is a secret around, I never hesitate to do a random IP Check to see for myself and warn those nations. I have done this system for several times ever since :-D
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:10 am

This law is introducing things that might be seen as beneficial to the region, but I personally think it will deter some nations from coming to the region, and that's never good. Also, it doesn't really have any constitutional standing. You see, in the new constitution, those who were present at the convention neglected to bring the clause that prohibits nations from operating incognito puppet states with.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Atletius Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:03 pm

There's no real need for this. Checks to see if people are not puppets should be done on a need basis. If people are suspicious they can request checks. This is just unfair,
Atletius
Atletius
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:12 pm

I personally agree with Eurussia.
Although the idea is more than commendable, many countries don't like to join the WA for their own reasons.

Also, I wish to inform all of you that debate will proceed until 21st March, if there are no further amendments.
I ask to anyone who's not a member of the Council to refrain from posting, thank you.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:26 pm

Atletius wrote:There's no real need for this. Checks to see if people are not puppets should be done on a need basis. If people are suspicious they can request checks. This is just unfair,

Absolutely.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Arveyres Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:45 am

Well if they have the same IP this could all be a New-Zealand and Newasia incident all over again. How would you deal with something like that.
Arveyres
Arveyres
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:01 am

Arveyres wrote:Well if they have the same IP this could all be a New-Zealand and Newasia incident all over again. How would you deal with something like that.

Join the World Assembly.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:51 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:
Arveyres wrote:Well if they have the same IP this could all be a New-Zealand and Newasia incident all over again. How would you deal with something like that.

Join the World Assembly.

Some nations can't join the world assembly. You're violating heir privacy regardless of what you do.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:42 pm

Europe and Asia wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

Join the World Assembly.

Some nations can't join the world assembly. You're violating heir privacy regardless of what you do.

Why they can't?
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Zackalantis Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:51 pm

the UKZ and many other nations are anti World Assembly. these laws that prevent non-WA members to have a place on the map are extremley biased and discriminatory. We understand that the authors of these laws established them to prevent nations adding their puppets to the map. and rightly so.
But this law is not fair to those nations that are bound by their national integrity and foreign policy to not join the World Assembly.
we therefore encourage the law makers to revise this law.
maybe tracking by IP adress you can prevent this from happening.
Zackalantis
Zackalantis
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:52 pm

I hope you mean Why Cant They instead of Why they cant
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Texania Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:50 pm

I am banned from joining the World assembly.
Texania
Texania
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Zackalantis Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:56 pm

Texania wrote:I am banned from joining the World assembly.

this just proves my case. We implore the law makers to let non-WA members on to the map.
Zackalantis
Zackalantis
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Federation of Antanares Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:04 pm

Sincerely, I think is just discriminatory. It's a decision of the single nations join or not join the World Assembly, or could be a problem of IP (like for me and New Tarajan) but it's a problem of the nations, not of the alliance. If I am or not in the World Assembly, it's only a my decision.
Federation of Antanares
Federation of Antanares
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:49 pm

(OOC: Sorry for the delay)

The debate period is closed.
Please, everyone, cast your votes until the 2nd of April. Thank you.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down