World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Rejected) International Interventions Regulation Act

+8
Texania
Dromoda
United States of Europe
Great Eurussia
Ireland
Zackalantis
Kaevi
New Tarajan
12 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

(Rejected) International Interventions Regulation Act - Page 4 Empty Re: (Rejected) International Interventions Regulation Act

Post  New Tarajan Sun May 11, 2014 1:36 am

Husqvarnia wrote:Husqvarnia will ABSTAIN from voting on the revised amendment.

The vote on the amendment is reserved to the previous voters.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

(Rejected) International Interventions Regulation Act - Page 4 Empty Re: (Rejected) International Interventions Regulation Act

Post  Texania Sun May 11, 2014 2:14 am

I am still against
Texania
Texania
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Dromoda Sun May 11, 2014 5:28 am

We are Against
Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

(Rejected) International Interventions Regulation Act - Page 4 Empty Results

Post  Kaevi Mon May 12, 2014 9:16 am

The revision to Article 9 of Section II has been struck down by two votes against the proposed revision. The special revision required a unanimous vote in order to proceed.

-------

The voting period for the International Interventions Act as a whole (without the revision) has also expired and the final count is a follows:

Agree: 2
Abstain: 1
Against: 5

The International Interventions Act has been rejected, the Speaker thanks the Third Parliament.

Last edited by Kaevi on Mon May 12, 2014 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New vote)
Kaevi
Kaevi
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Arveyres Mon May 12, 2014 10:17 am

Kaevi wrote:The revision to Article 9 of Section II has been struck down by two votes against the proposed revision. The special revision required a unanimous vote in order to proceed.

-------

The voting period for the International Interventions Act as a whole (without the revision) has also expired and the final count is a follows:

The International Interventions Act has been rejected, the Speaker thanks the Third Parliament.
We were under the intention that the general voting period would occur after the voting on the amendment.
Arveyres
Arveyres
Potential World Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=holy_patrician_states

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaevi Mon May 12, 2014 10:22 am

Arveyres wrote:
Kaevi wrote:The revision to Article 9 of Section II has been struck down by two votes against the proposed revision. The special revision required a unanimous vote in order to proceed.

-------

We were under the intention that the general voting period would occur after the voting on the amendment.

The voting period was already started before the special vote and I could not stop it as I was constitutionally barred from doing so. The majority of the nations opposed the act anyway for the content of the original Article 9.

OOC: Also, I have a feeling that we may see a second, perfected version of this proposal soon.
Kaevi
Kaevi
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Arveyres Mon May 12, 2014 10:34 am

I believe that is unfair because during the time of voting of the amendment, other nations who wished to vote (myself being included) had to await the voting session within the deliberation, which was prolonged to the end.

Arveyres
Arveyres
Potential World Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=holy_patrician_states

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaevi Mon May 12, 2014 10:57 am

Arveyres wrote:I believe that is unfair because during the time of voting of the amendment, other nations who wished to vote (myself being included) had to await the voting session within the deliberation, which was prolonged to the end.

If I could get permission to have another voting session from the CoJ, I would. For now, I do not have the power to do such an act.
Kaevi
Kaevi
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Mon May 12, 2014 7:32 pm

Kaevi wrote:
Arveyres wrote:I believe that is unfair because during the time of voting of the amendment, other nations who wished to vote (myself being included) had to await the voting session within the deliberation, which was prolonged to the end.

If I could get permission to have another voting session from the CoJ, I would. For now, I do not have the power to do such an act.

I believe the Speaker has been very fair. Since he allowed the special amendment vote to take place which unfortunately didn't get the unanimous approval and as such many have voted against the entire proposal in the end. I guess we have to resubmit the proposal if you think it could really pass.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Mon May 12, 2014 7:34 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:
Kaevi wrote:

I believe the Speaker has been very fair. Since he allowed the special amendment vote to take place which unfortunately didn't get the unanimous approval and as such many have voted against the entire proposal in the end. I guess we have to resubmit the proposal if you think it could really pass.

And this is exactly what I'll do.

Anyway, I'll wait for the CoJ ruling, before resubmitting it, but I wish to thank the Speaker for his disposability during the entire procedure, and all the countries which are supporting the bill.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Wed May 14, 2014 7:16 pm

The Court has upheld the rejection of the proposal.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4