World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(RA) Roman Alliance

+7
The Kingdom of Ontenburg
Apepistan
New Roma Republic
Great Eurussia
Xolox
New Rhodinia
The Holy Empire of Artite
11 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

(RA) Roman Alliance - Page 6 Empty Re: (RA) Roman Alliance

Post  New Rhodinia Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:48 am

Five months? Why wait until now to state your interest?

And studying Rome in school isn't really enough. A key portion of your nation needs to operate (in one way or another) to ancient Rome. This can be anything from gladiatorial games to a dedicated senate body.
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebsotz Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:40 am

I didn't want to state it during the war, everyone would post, "You gonna let that b*tch Ebsotz in? NO WAY!!"

Plus, I formed the Cabinet of Royals off the Senate, I [sort of] live irl in Austria (formally ruled by Rome). Roman Architecture dominates Southern Ebsotz.
Ebsotz
Ebsotz
Powerbroker

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=ebsotz

Back to top Go down

Post  The Holy Empire of Artite Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:03 pm

This is stupid, Ebsotz's request should be denied all together. He studies Rome in school? So do I. He lives in Austria that was ruled by the Roman Empire, well so did most of Europe...your senate based Court of Royals? Anyone can say they based their collective body of legislatures of the Roman Senate. I am still against Ebsotz, I don't care if he wants to pay for the project. I do not care if he is devoted, he has yet to show it. Also...you didn't leave New Korrea so you could let us invade, Artite, Wirbanskia, Xolox, and Zanland were in New Korrea long before you showed up, so don't try and pull the "if it weren't for us you wouldn't have ever invaded". I suggest we now ignore all of Ebsotz's attempts to join the Roman Alliance, he is an unstable nation when it comes to forming alliances. One minute he is with the coalition in New Korrea, the next he is fighting, moments later he is going neutral. This happened over a very short period of time. He is like a girl getting ready for a date with no clue what to wear, putting on and taking off different outfits because he can't make up his mind. He is trying to win over our cooperation and loyalty to him as an ally with pleas of empty promises. He is nothing but trouble and will only drag this alliance down and make us fail in the end.
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Shockwave Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:18 pm

I would really like to know what miracle it took for me to get in.
Shockwave
Shockwave
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:32 pm

Artite's request is noted, but it will not be fully exercised.

I'm sorry to say but at this current point in time, Ebsotz is not a viable candidate for full membership into the Roman Alliance. Note that this does not bar Ebsotz entirely from applying; they may apply again in the future when the conditions are met.

Even excluding past relations in association with the New Korrea conflict, Ebsotz does not meet even basic Roman standards; as Artite mentioned, the points Ebsotz has made are true of almost any modern republican nation. Saying that your practices and/or beliefs are "based" off of Roman traditions is not good enough; It has been stated already that something must have a direct relation to Roman ways (i.e gladiatorial games and/or senates).

New Rhodinia devotes almost everything it does to old Roman traditions, right down to honoring household gods and goddesses. Our people honor "the gods", we have consuls and a Pontifex Maximus, and we have a swath of other things that makes us inherently Roman. The alliance's title is not just a title; it's a way of life for us. If you're so urgent as to receive full membership, you must be ready to convert a large portion of your nation to reflect on ancient Roman traditions, practices and/or beliefs.

That said, there's nothing stopping you from applying as an observer state.

Wirbanskia wrote:I would really like to know what miracle it took for me to get in.

This is actually what I was going to address immediately afterwards; we should set some form of basic Roman standard practices before we truly call ourselves the "Roman Alliance". I suggest that we do a sweep of the nations currently in full membership and root out the ones that rarely follow Roman ways. It's a bit harsh, but like I said: It's called the Roman Alliance for a reason.
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebsotz Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:02 pm

Don't judge a nation by its past. We have overcome, Rhodinia. As for you, Artite, your twisting the story. I originally said I would protect Korea, but, I immediately turned my back on them. Seeing how many troops I lost, I backed down, and remained neutral. And what are these, "Standards", New Rhodinia? Artite: You have a LOT to learn about respecting a nation's name...<3

I just request of being a member. I'm hoping the Roman Alliance isn't about war and "culture". I hope its about brotherhood, having comfort with other nations, and climbing up the "Alliance Board" to be the top in the WA. I hope you can forgive & forget my history. Korea is in ruins. I DONT CARE. Artite is up my ass. I DONT CARE. And everyone hates me for who I am. I DONT CARE.
Ebsotz
Ebsotz
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Xolox Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:13 pm

Chancellor Earl Russel Targaryen

(RA) Roman Alliance - Page 6 JAEHAERYS_I

I will say that I agree with you to some extent, Consul Caius, but I hope you are not implying that we must convert our country into a modern day Roman Empire as your own people seek to do. My nephew entered our country into this alliance not because we directly follow or imitate Roman traditions(as we have our own), but because we believe share an ideal with what was once the greatest(and for a long time the only) empire. While our traditions are not based on theirs, they are founded on the same principles. Loyalty to the Emperor and the state, devotion to the family and its reputation, and while we may not revere any gods, we keep a strong sense of morality and honor. These main principles fuel the Loxan Empire and we believe the Roman Empire adhered to them as well until their downfall. I just hope you will not be too scrutinous in your proposed "sweep of the nations", as I am sure my nephew will not attempt to force a foreign culture's traditions on his people, in place of the culture we have made for ourselves.

(OOC: What happened to the dignitaries idea? We're back to using nation names and Apepistan is the only one sticking to the plan! Also, Ebsotz, you forgot to mention that you said you would be fighting for our side before you decided to defend Korrea.)

Xolox
Xolox
Regional Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=xolox

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:18 pm

Xolox wrote:
Chancellor Earl Russel Targaryen

(RA) Roman Alliance - Page 6 JAEHAERYS_I

I will say that I agree with you to some extent, Consul Caius, but I hope you are not implying that we must convert our country into a modern day Roman Empire as your own people seek to do. My nephew entered our country into this alliance not because we directly follow or imitate Roman traditions(as we have our own), but because we believe share an ideal with what was once the greatest(and for a long time the only) empire. While our traditions are not based on theirs, they are founded on the same principles. Loyalty to the Emperor and the state, devotion to the family and its reputation, and while we may not revere any gods, we keep a strong sense of morality and honor. These main principles fuel the Loxan Empire and we believe the Roman Empire adhered to them as well until their downfall. I just hope you will not be too scrutinous in your proposed "sweep of the nations", as I am sure my nephew will not attempt to force a foreign culture's traditions on his people, in place of the culture we have made for ourselves.

(OOC: What happened to the dignitaries idea? We're back to using nation names and Apepistan is the only one sticking to the plan! Also, Ebsotz, you forgot to mention that you said you would be fighting for our side before you decided to defend Korrea.)

(OOC: To be fair, it didn't even seem to start; Apepistan just started without much warning. I suggest that we actually have discussions like these with the prefix "In the Capitolium" or something similar. This seems to be something entirely outside of the Capitolium.)
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Apepistan Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:41 pm

New Rhodinia wrote:

(OOC: To be fair, it didn't even seem to start; Apepistan just started without much warning. I suggest that we actually have discussions like these with the prefix "In the Capitolium" or something similar. This seems to be something entirely outside of the Capitolium.)

OOC: I began with it because everyone seemed to approve the idea. I apologise if I started acting like this a bit arbitary.

As for Roman Standards... Apepistan is a nation with steppe-nomadic culture; we do not meet the "roman culture or past" criteria either. We see the historical Rome as a great empire, a bastion of civilisation, and therefore an example to follow. The Roman Empire was a multicultural state too, though, that is why it could expand continously and last for centuries, because it could easily integrate foreign cultures into the federation. There were many kinds of nations, from britons through gauls to lybians and greeks, egyptians, parthians, illyrians, persians, etc. in the empire, and they still considered themselves Roman.
Apepistan
Apepistan
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebsotz Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:47 pm

So, may I become a member? Please?
Ebsotz
Ebsotz
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:18 am

For the sake of stability, no. I don't speak for the other Princep Senatus members, but Artite will obviously be against it so even then you wouldn't be able to.
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Shockwave Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:54 am

For the sake of eligibility and obvious inactivity on my part, I am stepping down from full-time member to observer state.
Shockwave
Shockwave
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:39 pm

Wirbanskia wrote:For the sake of eligibility and obvious inactivity on my part, I am stepping down from full-time member to observer state.

New Rhodinia acknowledges this departure.
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:53 am

Consul Caius Socellius Septimus

(RA) Roman Alliance - Page 6 Plinytheyounger

Member states of the Roman Alliance, I think we can all agree that the current positioning and workings of the Capitolium are working out just as intended. If no one else has any more future plans for the Capitolium, I'd like to suggest New Ostia as the permanent resting place for our meetings, in Agorix Hall. In addition since we haven't defined it as of yet, we would like Agorix Hall to be the housing structure for both the Princep Senatus and Senate, where representatives can voice their opinions to a collective body. If this is agreed upon, I'd like for any RA nations to designate an official representative for communications through the Capitolium.

(RA) Roman Alliance - Page 6 Newer-roman-building-stil-old-rome

Now, in terms of looking over the official documents of the RA, Empress Cornelia I has suggested the following changes (major changes will be marked in red after the statement in question, yellow will be for grammatical changes):

RA Code of Conduct:

We would also like to call Section Six, Clause two into question in the Capitolium. Our arguments for this will follow this post.

RA Foreign Policy:

Other member states and observer states are welcome to pitch in and share their opinions on these changes, as according to the RA Code of Conduct. Please have your representatives respond in the Capitolium.
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:53 am

"Fellow member states, I would like the Capitolium's first official case to be regarding Section Six, Clause Two of the RA Code of Conduct."

Section Six, Clause Two:

We feel as some states may rely on such industries under their cultural or economic policies. I open this case to the Capitolium in an attempt to better reform this as to not infringe on any member state's policies.
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Apepistan Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:58 pm

(RA) Roman Alliance - Page 6 Kanat_Saudabayev_101110
Lord Kanat Sadbayev:

The United Kingdoms of Apepistan agree with the changes and amendments proposed by Consul Caius Socellius Septimus.

On the subject of Section Six, Clause Two of the RA Code of Conduct. Even though some states rely on such industries, I believe that said activities should be illegal for the RA representatives in general, and not the member states themselves.
Apepistan
Apepistan
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:09 am

Apepistan wrote:(RA) Roman Alliance - Page 6 Kanat_Saudabayev_101110
Lord Kanat Sadbayev:

The United Kingdoms of Apepistan agree with the changes and amendments proposed by Consul Caius Socellius Septimus.

On the subject of Section Six, Clause Two of the RA Code of Conduct. Even though some states rely on such industries, I believe that said activities should be illegal for the RA representatives in general, and not the member states themselves.

"So from what I am understanding, we representatives are the subject of this clause and not nations as a whole?"
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Apepistan Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:31 pm

New Rhodinia wrote:

"So from what I am understanding, we representatives are the subject of this clause and not nations as a whole?"

Lord Kanat Sadbayev:

Exactly. That way, the clause would not harm any nations economy, but the Roman Alliance Senate and Princeps Senatus would still uphold high standards. It would be up to the individual member states to make sure that their representatives meet these requirements.
Apepistan
Apepistan
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Apepistan Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:47 pm

Lord Kanat Sadbayev:

Let us not forget that we have an open case going on. If there are no further comments or objections, I suggest we call a vote about the matter; that Section Six, Clause Two of the RA Code of Conduct applies to the representatvies of the Roman Alliance member nations, not the nations' economies themselves.
We could simply include this as a footnote in the clause, as the following:

Section Six, Clause Two of the RA Code of Conduct:
Apepistan
Apepistan
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:34 am

Apepistan wrote:(RA) Roman Alliance - Page 6 Kanat_Saudabayev_101110
Lord Kanat Sadbayev:

Let us not forget that we have an open case going on. If there are no further comments or objections, I suggest we call a vote about the matter; that Section Six, Clause Two of the RA Code of Conduct applies to the representatvies of the Roman Alliance member nations, not the nations' economies themselves.
We could simply include this as a footnote in the clause, as the following:

Section Six, Clause Two of the RA Code of Conduct:

New Rhodinia is in favor of this motion.
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Apepistan Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:38 pm

Lord Kanat Sadbayev:

The United Kingdoms of Apepistan are also in favor of this, naturally.

With two members of the Princeps Senatus in favor, one member of the Princeps Senatus not voting, and one member of the Senate not voting, I think we can declare this modification as passed, if there are no objections.

Apepistan
Apepistan
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Apocryphi Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:09 pm

National information
Nation Name: The Crownlands of Apocryphi
Head of Government: King Harwyn Apo II
Head of Foreign Affairs: Lord Tommen Westbrook
Population: 475,100,000
Capital City: Arche

Military Information
Head of Defence: King Harwyn Apo II
Active Military Personnel: 1,600,400
Reserve Military Personnel: 300,000

Additional Information
Are you applying for fully fledged member or observer nation: Observer nation
Reasons For Joining the Roman Alliance: Continuation of friendships within the region.
Do you agree with our goals: To a degree.
Will you be active in the Roman Alliance: Active in observing.
Apocryphi
Apocryphi
Vassal State

Back to top Go down

Post  Apepistan Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:16 pm

Application of Apocryphi:

The United Kingdoms of Apepistan approve Apocryphi for an observer position.
Apepistan
Apepistan
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:16 pm

New Rhodinia also approves. I hope you enjoy your time with us!
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Shockwave Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:22 pm

I hereby Resign from this alliance.
Shockwave
Shockwave
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down