World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do your nation's policies reflect your real life political alignment?

+2
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Xolox
6 posters

Go down

Do your nation's policies reflect your real life political alignment? Empty Do your nation's policies reflect your real life political alignment?

Post  Xolox Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:20 pm

It's all in the title.
Xolox
Xolox
Regional Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=xolox

Back to top Go down

Do your nation's policies reflect your real life political alignment? Empty Re: Do your nation's policies reflect your real life political alignment?

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:24 pm

Xolox wrote:It's all in the title.

Mostly, although when I was facing an economic crisis, I allowed for some things I didn't entirely agree with to push the economic factor back up.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=scouting

Back to top Go down

Do your nation's policies reflect your real life political alignment? Empty Re: Do your nation's policies reflect your real life political alignment?

Post  New Rhodinia Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:54 pm

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:

Mostly, although when I was facing an economic crisis, I allowed for some things I didn't entirely agree with to push the economic factor back up.

Exactly my response to this question. My posts in the news network threads represent my real life alignment more often then my nation itself, however.
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:09 pm

Yes.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  Apepistan Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:37 pm

Kind of.

In real life I'm a monarchist; in the game what I was basically aiming for is basically a modern version of an early medieval steppe nomadic tribal confederation. When picking between the solutions of issues, military, arms manufacturing and defense is the most important, second is science, technology and education, the third is economy.
Apepistan
Apepistan
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  England and Wales Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:14 am

No not really, I created this nation based of an idea for nation for a story I never started
England and Wales
England and Wales
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Xolox Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:04 am

Apepistan wrote:In real life I'm a monarchist

Can you help me understand what a monarchist is or wants in modern times? Do you wish for an absolute monarchy to be restored to Hungary? Or something closer to how Britain is, with a decorative monarch? For the former: Are you sure that would be the best route for your country? I mean, you'd be one bad childhood away from turning into North Korea! For the latter: What would be the significance of restoring this position? I can see why the British kept it, because he had not yet been deposed, but I don't understand why you would want to bring it back.
Xolox
Xolox
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Apepistan Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:51 pm

Xolox wrote:
Can you help me understand what a monarchist is or wants in modern times? Do you wish for an absolute monarchy to be restored to Hungary? Or something closer to how Britain is, with a decorative monarch? For the former: Are you sure that would be the best route for your country? I mean, you'd be one bad childhood away from turning into North Korea! For the latter: What would be the significance of restoring this position? I can see why the British kept it, because he had not yet been deposed, but I don't understand why you would want to bring it back.

"Ich bin der letzte Monarch der alten Schule. Meine Aufgabe als Kaiser ist es, meine Völker vor ihren gewählten Politikern zu schützen."

"I'm the last Monarch of the old School. My duty as Emperor is to protect my people from your elected politicans." - Franz Joseph I.

It's kind of complex but I'll sum it up. I'm not a supporter of an absolute monarchy.
The case of Britain is different too, because the UK has no constitution. In Hungary, and in all the successor states of the Habsburg Empire there are constitutions that kind of bind everyone. The emperor-king's influence would be more alike to the position of the british monarch.

A monarch is a neutral figure in politics, and that's the key importance in the modern party-oriented politics, in my opinion. He must have the authority to settle disputes getting out of hand, but not with force. A monarch is stability, unlike presidents who change with every 4 year, coming up for a rerun one or two times. A monarch is above nationality; this is a hard concept to get, but in a multinational Empire like the Habsburg Empire of later the Austro-Hungarian Empire, every nation that lived in the realm considered the Emperor to be their own.

So as you probably found out, I'm loyal to the Habsburg dynasty, and I don't only want a monarchy in Hungary, but basically restore the Habsburg Empire.  Why?
Because the Middle-European nation states are unable to survive. Both economically and politically, and we are almost always at each others throats by artificially created ethnic conflicts. The times of the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy (even though I am hungarian, I don't like this name, because it only implies that the austrians and the hungarians mattered in the state) are still considered the good old times of peace, prosperity and growth all around, as far as I know. Yes, there were conflicts between the nations, but the whole Empire was slowly and steadily moving towards a federational state.
Look this up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_of_Greater_Austria

It's basically a federations of states, they all have their own official language, authonomy, et cetera, and the Emperor/King would be basically the head of this federation.

Divide et impera, the Habsburg Empire was simply ripped apart deliberately with artificially enhanced conflicts after the first world war by the rest of the great powers. Separately we can barely achieve anything; the EU was a good idea for a solution but the way I see it didn't work out, at least not in Eastern-Europe. The Habsburg Monarchy on a federational basis would, in my opinion, start to mend the conflict between the various ethnic groups in the region, could achieve more on international-diplomatical grounds, would bring a sense of stability to the people, and a kind of balance into the politics.

I'm just hoping that under the same roof, we'll be friends and family with our neighbour nations, with whom we share so much cultural and historical bonds, instead of... *looks at current situation* this.
Apepistan
Apepistan
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:45 am

Spoiler:

I also believe on having a monarch in this modern times. Why?

With the fast paced world and daily political bickering among politicians, a monarch remains a neutral figure above all and a reminder that regardless of your country's problems, there is a monarch that remains a unifying figure of the nation. The reminder of your country's culture, tradition, history and a source of pride. Having a monarchy doesn't mean eradication of democracy because as what we have cited, UK is a perfect example.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  Xolox Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:06 pm

Hmm. I understand. I guess it's just a foreign concept for an American, haha. To Apepistan: Is there any kind of movement supporting that? Or is that just a personal wish? Assuming there is a movement supporting it, and the countries are in such comparatively bad shape, what is preventing this from happening?
Xolox
Xolox
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Apepistan Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:48 pm

Xolox wrote:Hmm. I understand. I guess it's just a foreign concept for an American, haha. To Apepistan: Is there any kind of movement supporting that? Or is that just a personal wish? Assuming there is a movement supporting it, and the countries are in such comparatively bad shape, what is preventing this from happening?

Well 40 years of communism ensured that there are barely any monarchists around. In Austria there is a monarchist party, the Black-Gold Alliance. But as I said, we have constitutions, which sets the form of state in stone. Claiming you want a monarchy is actually against the constitution and is punishable if you organise movements, so officially we need to call a vote about it.

Also under international pressure the Habsburgs had to renounce their claims on the throne.
Apepistan
Apepistan
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Apepistan Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:55 pm

China China wrote:yes

That explains a lot.
Apepistan
Apepistan
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down