World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Dismissed) Annual Climate Change Conference Act

+5
Kingdom of Ireland
Shockwave
I.S.I.S
Togana
Great Eurussia
9 posters

Go down

(Dismissed) Annual Climate Change Conference Act Empty (Dismissed) Annual Climate Change Conference Act

Post  Kingdom of Scottlands Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:26 pm

Annual Climate Change Conference Act

This proposal wants to have a annual meeting of world leaders to discuss climate change. We want to have a host country every year so we can come up with solutions to climate change problems. Only world leaders are allowed in this event to make this high profile. The Kingdom of Scottlands is willing to host the First Annual Climate Change Conference in our capital of Edinburgh.

Agenda:
1. Elimination of coal power plants
2. Building of renewable source of energy
3. Funding from rich nations to poor nations
4. Binding agreement to make sure all will comply
5. Allowoling climate change refugees to other countries if their homes are engulfed by floods due to rising sea levels.
Kingdom of Scottlands
Kingdom of Scottlands
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) Annual Climate Change Conference Act Empty Recommendation from the President

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:07 pm

1st Annual Climate Change Conference

This proposal wants to have a annual meeting of world leaders to discuss climate change. We want to have a host country every year so we can come up with solutions to climate change problems. Only world leaders are allowed in this event to make this high profile. The conference will be held at the WASC Headquarters in Moscow.

Agenda:
1. Reduction of coal power plants
5. Allowing climate change refugees to other countries if their homes are engulfed by floods due to rising sea levels. Please provide evidence of this? There has been no noted rising of sea levels in the News Networks...?

I've recommended some changes, those changes are in green/red. An outright elimination of Coal Power Plants would be catastrophic, there would be insufficient energy being produced to fulfill the demand of energy. We can start by reducing the number of coal power plants though.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=scouting

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) Annual Climate Change Conference Act Empty Re: (Dismissed) Annual Climate Change Conference Act

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:10 pm

Kingdom of Scottlands wrote:Annual Climate Change Conference Act

This proposal wants to have a annual meeting of world leaders to discuss climate change. We want to have a host country every year so we can come up with solutions to climate change problems. Only world leaders are allowed in this event to make this high profile. The Kingdom of Scottlands is willing to host the First Annual Climate Change Conference in our capital of Edinburgh.

Agenda:
5. Allowoling climate change refugees to other countries if their homes are engulfed by floods due to rising sea levels.

This proposal may be debated on for three days.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) Annual Climate Change Conference Act Empty Re: (Dismissed) Annual Climate Change Conference Act

Post  Shockwave Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:49 pm

Along with Scouting's changes, I'd like to suggest WEPA leadership over this conference.
Shockwave
Shockwave
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:22 am

Shockwave wrote:Along with Scouting's changes, I'd like to suggest WEPA leadership over this conference.

Normally I'd agree, but Scottlands is a non-WEPA member and has proposed this to the WASC, not the WEPA.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:12 pm

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:
Shockwave wrote:Along with Scouting's changes, I'd like to suggest WEPA leadership over this conference.

Normally I'd agree, but Scottlands is a non-WEPA member and has proposed this to the WASC, not the WEPA.

Eurussia concurs with Scouting, our government believes that whatever outcome this Annual Climate Change Conference achieves, if it ever takes place, could be discussed at WEPA Meetings but holding this kind of international gathering should not be restrictive nor linked to WEPA so as not to alienate non-member states.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  Togana Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:27 am

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:

Togana agrees to this as well as we are not members of the WEPA. All though their help in this matter may be welcome to guide non member nation as well. Plus this should become a conference for all nations not just the large and powerful. Small developing nations should do their part to protect the environment as well.

Though the first section calling for elimination of coal power plants in unacceptable. 75% of my nations power is from coal and mining is the largest employer in the southern region of Togana. We can agree to replace older facilities with new cleaner plants but not an overall elimination.
Togana
Togana
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Ireland Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:43 am

Before I make an opinion I would like to hear clarification of what the 5th item means
Kingdom of Ireland
Kingdom of Ireland
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  I.S.I.S Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:18 am

I support this. Where will this meeting be happened?
I.S.I.S
I.S.I.S
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) Annual Climate Change Conference Act Empty NOTICE

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:56 am

Kingdom of Scottlands wrote:Annual Climate Change Conference Act

Agenda:

This proposal may now be voted on for two days.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:57 am

Since Scottlands has failed to make any necessary changes to the current proposal, I cannot at this time vote in favor, therefore I am issuing a vote against this proposal.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Shockwave Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:48 am

Against in its current form.
Shockwave
Shockwave
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Ireland Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:18 am

In it's current form I am against
Kingdom of Ireland
Kingdom of Ireland
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarfian Federation Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:25 am

Against
Snarfian Federation
Snarfian Federation
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Scottlands Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:45 am

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:Since Scottlands has failed to make any necessary changes to the current proposal, I cannot at this time vote in favor, therefore I am issuing a vote against this proposal.

What? Agenda of meeting can always change but the purpose of proposal is to have meeting every year of world leaders.
Kingdom of Scottlands
Kingdom of Scottlands
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingdom of Scottlands Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:45 am

FOR
Kingdom of Scottlands
Kingdom of Scottlands
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Serenarea Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:16 am

Abstain.
Serenarea
Serenarea
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:28 am

Kingdom of Scottlands wrote:
UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:Since Scottlands has failed to make any necessary changes to the current proposal, I cannot at this time vote in favor, therefore I am issuing a vote against this proposal.

What? Agenda of meeting can always change but the purpose of proposal is to have meeting every year of world leaders.

The agenda is not the only issue here. You're making a proposal to the WASC to have an Annual event. The event should take place at a neutral territory, that neutral territory would be the WASC headquarters in Moscow. In addition, Agenda items should be discussed before something like this is approved, otherwise technically, this legislation would be approving the agenda, since it's a part of the legislation proposed.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) Annual Climate Change Conference Act Empty NOTICE

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:33 am

With two votes in favor, four against, and one abstention, this legislation has failed to gain enough votes to pass. Therefore this matter is dismissed.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down