World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smolensk Peace Summit

+6
Empire of Articmainia
Shirouma
Kulon Bangsa
Europe and Asia
United States of Europe
Great Eurussia
10 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Smolensk Peace Summit - Page 2 Empty Re: Smolensk Peace Summit

Post  Great Eurussia Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:54 pm

Gentlemen, I am inclined to agree with Prime Minister Jefferson. As much as we wish to let the people of the former Farshonia to choose their government, the situation doesn't permit it. If we will not engage the rebels and if we won't crush them, they may remain quiet while your forces are still on the zones, what will happen next you leave the zones? And will the election be even successful at all? If ever it happens, what if the rebels fights the elected government and if information from NZ Government is true that they are in possession of this virus? The pandemic will start all over again wasting all our efforts and billions of funds poured to rebuild.

Well, Kamchatka Territory is ours. And if these rebels pose a threat to us, we are prepared to engage them.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  United Earth Conclave Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:30 pm

Well, if this is the decision of the council, to annex these zones and implement our will upon the people of Farshonia then I will support this notion. It has become evident that Farshonia is failed state and by judgement of annexation vs supporting a democratically elected government; annexing is the solution to save more lives, to end political as well as social strife and turmoil.

And if this is the case then we will respect the Russians decisions to annex their territory and so we will do the same to zone one. As for zone two, the Workers Directorate would gladly submit ourselves for the governance of zone two as well. When Kulon Bangsa pulled out, the U.E.C was the first nation to respond and send our 10th legion into the fray despite the problems in zone one. It would only be logical considering that Zone 1, Zone 2, and the U.E.C's own border is incredibly close and would make policing these areas just at much more easier.
United Earth Conclave
United Earth Conclave
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:23 pm

NZ Prime Minister Michael Jefferson wrote:Will all due respect Mister Terranus, I beleive that if anyone, Europe and Asia should take over zone 2. They have been an active player in the Farshonian crisis, and I beleive they would be more than capable of handling Zone 2. 
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=new-zealand

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:20 pm

Well, there is a pending nomination for Eurasia to be assigned to Zone 2 and since there is no other nomination, we have supported it and hopes that it will pass swiftly. On the other hand, we have yet to hear any opposition to this annexation solution of existing zones.

May I hear the position of other honourable leaders.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Shirouma Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:37 pm

Riko Nikanwa :

I totally agree about the anexation with Prime Minister Michael Jefferson, it will propably save more lives and effort from our. As it was said before, Farshonia has a tradition of making threats towards nations like Articmainia long before the Green Flu crisis which would make Farshonia in my opinion a failed state which also was named before. I am for anexation of the Zones by each country controlling it and for giving the rights for Zone 2 to Europe and Asia.
Shirouma
Shirouma
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:47 pm

I thank Prime Minister Jefferson, Chancellor Pootin, and Governor Nikanwa for nominating my nation for control of Zone 2. We shall do our best to control the Zone should we be appointed. I also think that our militaries should conduct a thorough search of all Farshonian military installations, to ensure they do not have weaponized Green Flu and other WMD's.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  United States of Europe Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:39 pm

The President Ezio Auditore, observing the present, he took the floor again.
Gentlemen, here we are losing sight of the main objective.
Just as pointed out by Michael Jefferson, our nations must be able to derive some income from the operation to contain the crisis in Fashonia.
Sure, we have avoided a crisis at the regional level, which would also have destroyed the foundations of our civilization, but it is not a good motivation.
The costs of our nation, all expenses, including military ones, are available on the internet at the web sites of government administration.
Everyone can see them, anyone.
This is to ensure the greatest possible transparency.
So the costs of the European mission in Fashonia, which continue to rise day by day,and that they are coming to exorbitant levels, can be viewed in an accurate manner by every citizen.
And many are starting to turn up their noses, looking at these numbers.
Especially the opposition parties, who could exploit this situation against my party, for propaganda and discredit my government.
I mean, let's be clear: the aircraft carrier "Integration", framed in the 3rd and the Colonial Fleet and flagship of the same, one of the greatest in our possession, currently employed in the naval blockade, coast, for a each day at sea, at least 50,000 Euros.
I say, more than 50,000 euro every day!
So I say, as mentioned by the Prime Minister New Zealand, we have to draw some concrete economic gain from this mission.
The first could be that obtained from the reconstruction.
I mean, with the reconstruction of post-war Aloia, when he was still on the mission of the WAHO (World Alliance Humanitarian Organization), the economy of my country has gained a lot of profit.
The European construction firms have actively participated in reconstruction, and many other companies have sold to the WAHO large quantities of goods, then used by that organization as a humanitarian material.
These goods were sold at greatly reduced prices, but in very large quantities: this has enabled ciospicui profits.
Not to mention the airline and shipping company, who have served the WAHO ships and aircraft, to strengthen the already powerful device logistical organization.
The economy gained there, yet it is also conjured a humanitarian catastrophe.
So I say to set up a mission coordinated WAHO among all nations present here, to alleviate the suffering of the population, begin reconstruction and, at the same time, enrich our economies.
As for the political future of Fashonia, I am opposed to a partition.
The control of the nation should remain entrusted to the nations that participated in the containment of the virus on a temporary basis, in a sort of transition.
In frettempo will be trained in the new police forces and the new armed forces of the country (for this eventuality the WAPF can intervene), and created new democratic institutions.
At this juncture, I believe it is necessary to hold a WAAF action for maintaining the stability of the territory and to fight rebel militias.
Then, after the general election, it will be easy for our economies to invest in Fashonia in order to draw adequate profits.
In the country will be kept to a different military installations of the nations present here, to continue to maintain stable influences.
United States of Europe
United States of Europe
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  United States of Europe Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:43 pm

The President paused a few seconds, to sip a little water, then resumed the conversation:

In addition, strongly reaffirming the European effort in the mission in Fashonia, I ask that Zone 2 can be fairly shared between us and Europe and Asia.
Not for lack of respect or consideration for this nation, which has contributed a lot allla solution to the crisis, but to have a proper recognition for our efforts.
United States of Europe
United States of Europe
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:20 am

Premier Weber takes the floor

May I remind the President Auditore that his nation is in control of the WAPF and the WAHO. Joint ownership of Zone 2 by your nation is unnecessary. Your part in this endeavor is already large enough.

And to make matters worse, the Farshonian government has now deserted its people. They have fled the country for other lands. This means that we must contain the growing situation until a new government can be installed.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  United States of Europe Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:49 am

The president, with air annoyed, replied to Prime Minister Weber:
Dear Mr. Weber, this affirmation of "the WAPF and WAHO are under European control" is perhaps a charge?
We remind you that the United States of Europe still maintain the general secretariat of these organizations because other nations have shown little interest in the same.
We also do not "check" regional organizations, we will administer, ed'è quite a different thing.
Organizations are under the ultimate control of the Security Council
That said, just because of the huge European effort we demand strongly a part of zone 2, we believe that now the time has come for us to have an area of ​​Fashonia under our control.
That said, I agree sull'installazzione of the new government, which, as already stated, must be done in a safe and democratic.
We would also like to know what they think the other nations on the possible establishment of missions to guide regional organizations on the ground of Fashonia.
United States of Europe
United States of Europe
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  United Earth Conclave Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:43 am

The Imperator sits back in his, smirking to himself

Well, these ideas of annexation are not for our own gain. We are not colonists. They are to save the lives of Farshonians. And I must put my backing behind President Ezio Auditore's idea. Although I do not doubt the EA's military prowess and strength nor the competence of its own government, an area split between two members would surely monitor and suppress the terrorists better than just one nations army. And this would give each nation incentive to help and play a bigger part in the region.
United Earth Conclave
United Earth Conclave
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:46 am

Premier Weber sips a glass of water, and leans forward.

If that is the case, Imperator Terranus, should all zones be divided between two nations? That doesn't seem practical. Our main goal should be to return control to the Farshonian people, not to establish long term colonies. I agree with you on that point. We should maintain military bases though. To ensure democratic process and no more revolutions.

And to Mr. Auditore, that is not an accusation, that is fact. Your nations is leader of most WA Organizations. Therefore, you already have a marginal control in this issue.

I feel it prudent to point out that Europe and Asia already has military forces in the majority of Zone 2, as well as Zone 4. I am willing to split Zone 2 with another nation, as it were, but I feel that our main concern is again to decide the fate of Farshonia as a country, not as a Territory.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  United States of Europe Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:14 am

The President Ezio Auditore shook his head in disagreement.

Mr. Weber, we try to be diplomatic.
Regional organizations, as already mentioned, are managed, administered and I say, not "controlled", from my country because the other nations present here have turned the scarce interest.
In addition, these organizations are my personal creation, why are entrusted to Europe.
And I would like to emphasize that regional organizations have not yet occurred in Crisis Fashonia.
Having said that, we thank the emperor Terranus for the support.
We do not want in any way to undermine, Mr. Weber, the influence of Fashonia of your nation, but rather strengthen our.
So we demand once again a part of zone 2, to be placed under our influence.
Maybe that borders on the Kamchatka Territory, which in those territories are now deployed our land force, in agreement with the Government Eurussian.
The displacement would require one, two days maximum.
Therefore, we reiterate our request.
United States of Europe
United States of Europe
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  United Earth Conclave Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:27 am

Chuckling with a slight cough, Imperator clears his throat and begins to speak with sarcastic but humorous tone

If we are talking about what is practical then wouldn't it be logical that Farshonia be split in twain amongst the two closest nations which so happens to be Eurussia and the U.E.C and merely have the rest of your nations provide humanitarian aid and funding?

A slight pause to drink from what may or may not be water.

But in all seriousness, Great Eurussia has already annexed a territory before consent of the security council and I am sure the state intends to keep its territory. Zone 1 has already been effectively turned into an administrative zone secured from the rebel terrorists through the process of mass conscription and for "rebels" that refused we have implemented labour camps for them. And infected numbers are dropping drastically due to the inoculations provided by Great Eurussia against the green flu.

As it stands now there are four territories, zone two, four, five, and six the require more attention and 8 nations at this summit aside from Eurussia and the UEC who could police these areas more effectively. Merely split these four zones in half and distribute them to the eight members so that may better govern these areas. And hopefully when peace is ideal then we can begin political process of elections in Farshonia.
United Earth Conclave
United Earth Conclave
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:01 am

Leaning Forward, Premier Weber rolls his eyes blatantly.

Don't be condescending, Terranus, its unbecoming for a leader. While your suggestion would be practical and beneficial for your two nations, it is unnessecary. The zones are already controlled by nations. The debate is over Zone 2. Zone 4 is under control of New Zealand and Europe and Asia.

If Chancellor Pootin plans to keep his annexed territory, he is mistaken. The terrority belongs to the Security Council, not any one nation. We are acting at the behest of the Security Council. I find your proposal agreeable, however, I feel that Zone 2 is the only major issue, and likely needs more than one nation in it due to the large rebel presence.

As I've said, no nation can keep its annexed territory. They belong to the SC, and eventually The Farshonian government.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:06 am

Premier Weber pauses, and continues speaking.

At this time, I would like to propose that we establish an Interim Government in Farshonia to handle local affairs while we institute the military isolation and destruction of the rebels. A temporary government in Farshonia that is sympathetic to us would be extremely beneficial. I propose that the U.E.C., however, maintain direct control of its district. Terranus has done an admirable job running it thus far, and it would be likely easier for demilitarization were his nation to oversee the process.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Empire of Articmainia Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:34 am

Emperor John Wallace knots his head in away of agreeing with Dr. Weber

Last edited by Empire of Articmainia on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Empire of Articmainia
Empire of Articmainia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  United Earth Conclave Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:38 am

Scratching his chin, bemused, turning to Mr.Pootin

Perhaps we should stop using words like "annexation" to describe the situation that are merely administrative zones. I was a bit confused. I thought the state of Eurussia had annexed Farshonian territory as in incorporated it into its own government. To quote you, Lord Chancellor Pootin, "Kamchatka Territory is ours. And if these rebels pose a threat to us, we are prepared to engage them."

Our own intelligence says that it was by imperial Decree issued by Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Elizabeth II, and classifying the zone as officially the "Kamchatka Territory. If I am wrong or mistaken then by all means, correct me.

Turning back to Premier Weber

I thank you for your kind words, Mr.Weber. One last matter of zone two. We have three-hundred and thirty-thousand troops in this zone under one of our finest and brightest generals, Bolivar de Cortez. Now, half of the force can remain there as a peace-keeping initiative or at the behest of your nation we can have them recalled.

And Zone 1 will remain and administrative state until elections can be held, of course. At least until a proper Farshonian government can be put in place and we can help this government with rebuilding itself.
United Earth Conclave
United Earth Conclave
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:59 am

Gentlemen, please. I believe we should go forth with a full annexation of all the zones of farshonia to the nations respectively in control of each. However, I do plan on keeping zone 4 fully autonomous and as a member on the NZC council. They will have no direct affiliation to mainland NZ, but will be a fully independent subsidiary. The idea of setting up a government is impractical considering that the farshonian government has abandoned its people with no intention of returning. The people themselves wish to be annexed due to the surge in Standard of living caused by the infrastructure built by us which ex Farshonia could never afford. We offer them a better life, so for their sake we must annex. Now, on the matter of Zone 2, I will see how the proposal for E&A plays out, if it fails, I will put a joint proposal for half and half between Europa and E&A.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Yellasia Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:09 am

We must first recognise the rights of the Farshonian people to exist as a nation. The full annexation by each power of former Farshonia will create an artificial division and lead to the forced assimilation of an entire people. If any annexation is going to occur, it must be done via referendum with a super majority of at least 70% of the population in favour of annexation.

Yellasia will conduct extensive research on the general consensus in Farshonia and work to determine what the best route for Farshonia is. We must not dictate the people of a weak nation to best fit our interests. Therefore, I fully agree with Mr. Terranus.
Yellasia
Yellasia
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:21 am

Well, I would frankly say that the issue of controlling Zone 2 is already being deliberated by our ambassadors at the Security Council and in the nomination of the NZ Government. And we should not debate it here anymore.

On the other hand, I am still not convinced in an interim government. Why? Who would stand for the divided people of Farshonia? The rebels whom we are against?  Or whoever rises among the people during an election and after that the rebels fights again this elected government? If we do this, we are not creating a brighter future for them but a grimmer future and another round of  instability in which we will never know its severity.

I am still for annexation.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  United Earth Conclave Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:52 am

Well, if this is what it has come down to, annexation of these regions then I will reiterate the same idea. Zone three and one are secure for the time being at least. Zone two, four, five, and six could be separated amongst 8 nations of this summit.

I will be realistic about my proposal. They would be smaller, easier to govern and police, and it would give incentive for these nations to provide to these . . . "protectorates" with aid for the extra income that they provide.
United Earth Conclave
United Earth Conclave
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:05 am

NZ Prime Minister Michael Jefferson wrote: I would like to point out that Zone 4 was the first zone to be freed of infection. My military completed the purge and has reinstated a functioning infrastructure within the zone and now boasts a 0% infection rate. Zone 4 is completely secure and under the watch of NZ , so I believe we fall in the same category as Eurussia's annexed territory. I am strongly against Zone 4 being "seperated" and will not stand for such an action. Zone 4 will remain under the control of NZ and NZ only, perhaps we will take aid from E&A, but my government will maintain sole authority over that zone.

OOC : You guys do realize that with Farshonia gone, we either annex it, or it disappears from the map.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Kulon Bangsa Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:23 am

GOVERNOR SAKA:

I AGREE WITH The United Earth Conclave WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO ONE THING. THIS IS, IN ALL RESPECT, THIS NATION NEEDS TO BE IN SECURE CONTROL OF THE
MEMBERS OF THIS SUMMIT. I, AND THE NATION OF KULON BANGSA, WILL BE WILLING TO HELP WITH EFFORTS IN REBUILDING THE NATION OF FARSHONIA. I, AND MY NATION, BELIEVE THAT THIS NATION NEEDS TO BE REBUILT, NOT REGAINED. THIS IS OUR FULL INTENTIONS, CORRECT?
Kulon Bangsa
Kulon Bangsa
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  United Earth Conclave Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:53 am

Please, Mr.Jefferson, let's be diplomatic about this. Even though zone 4 may be infection free, it being the first territory to infection free is irrelevant. There has been no notice of an administrative state being implemented or an annexation taking place so I think it is premature to consider that that zone four falls under the same categories as Eurussias annexed territory.

Just because New Zealand forces are in Farshonia does not mean that the state of New Zealand is entitled to territory of Farshonia. But that is why we are here at this summit. To find the best way in which to save lives of the Farshonian people and make life better. And I believe this can done by separating zones two, four, five and six amongst 8 nations. It will minimize military expenditure, increase income for our nations, increase humanitarian aid in Farshonia whilst decreasing Humanitarian costs in our own nations and it will provide more security due to the fact that these eight nations are governing small regions.

Last edited by The United Earth Conclave on Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
United Earth Conclave
United Earth Conclave
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next