World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smolensk Peace Summit

+6
Empire of Articmainia
Shirouma
Kulon Bangsa
Europe and Asia
United States of Europe
Great Eurussia
10 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Smolensk Peace Summit - Page 3 Empty Re: Smolensk Peace Summit

Post  Kulon Bangsa Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:01 pm

i agree
Kulon Bangsa
Kulon Bangsa
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:17 pm

NZ Prime Minister Michael Jefferson wrote:I was assigned Zone 4 through the Security Council intervention of Farshonia. Therefore, Zone 4 remains under my direct control. If we insist on "sharing" the zones, I will split my zone with Europe and Asia, but Europe and Asia only.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=new-zealand

Back to top Go down

Post  United Earth Conclave Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:40 pm

Mr.Jefferson, being assigned a region was an act of humanitarianism on all of our part and necessary precautions to protect all of our nations from the Green Flu. Being assigned a region to quarantine is a lot different than annexing a region into your own governments authority due to Farshonia being a failed state.

Before we decide anything I believe it is proper to get a consensus on this idea. If I am not mistaken the Mr.Weber of EA has insisted that he govern part of zone two of Farshonia and if we are to take my idea to it's next logical conclusion then zone four would not be split between NZ and EA due to this fact.

But I would like to hear thoughts from the rest of the members.
United Earth Conclave
United Earth Conclave
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:44 pm

Premier Weber, observing, speaks quietly.

Before any decision is made, a more pressing matter. Green Flu. What has been done to entrust its demise, and to ensure that it will no recur any time soon. As far as I know, Eurussian Scientists have synthesized a vaccine. What if it mutates, as It likely has?

I, however, partially agree with Mr. Terranus. If a nation is to control a zone, they must control that zone alone. There should not be more than one nation per zone, if possible.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  United Earth Conclave Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:01 pm

Nodding his head, the Grand Imperator leans in.

Premier Weber brings an interesting question to the table. If I may ask a question that may or may not be related. Records of a virus have been found in Farshonian data banks that shows similarities to the Green Flu. What we found in Farshonian records was that of the "Barinia Virus" with similar symptoms as the Green Flu such as Fever, Headache, vomiting, loss of intelligence and violent attacks. If the Barinia Virus is related to the Green Flu then perhaps we should be cautious at best to the mutation of the Green Flu but I believe that a joint effort of our nations to help fund more vaccine inoculations would be the best idea forward.
United Earth Conclave
United Earth Conclave
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:24 pm

NZ Prime Minister Michael Jefferson wrote:Then may I ask how Eurussia was allowed to annex Zone 3? I see no logic as to how that is acceptable, whilst my intention to annex Zone 4 is not.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Shirouma Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:37 pm

Riko Nikanawa:

I support annexation of the zones by each nation controlling each zone in case of Shirouma Zone 5. As for now there is no Farshonian state so annexation of the territories should be allowed. As for the Green Flu I would say that the situation is totally stabilized in Zone 5.
Shirouma
Shirouma
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  United Earth Conclave Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:44 pm

Well Mr.Jefferson, we couldn't agree with you any more. Eurussia annexed Zone three before the Smolensk Peace Summit could commence and we strongly condemn this act. We do not find this act of Eurussia acceptable by any standard.

But it is what is unless we as national leaders decide to put pressure on Eurussia to retract it's, what I would call, illegal and imperialist seizure of zone three.
United Earth Conclave
United Earth Conclave
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:59 pm

Premier Weber looks at Prime Minister Jefferson

Prime Minister, because Farshonia has effectively ceased to be as a nation, should we not instead make it again a neutral terrority and make it available to new nations? We simply control it until another nation without land claims it.

Imperator Terranus, when did you first learn of this New Virus? Has it shown any infection rates in the populous? Perhaps we can eradicate this early, before mayhem ensues.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  United Earth Conclave Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:17 pm

Well, my dear Mr. Weber, the Barinia Virus seems like the precursor to the Green Flu. According to Farshonian records it killed fifty million people and was never spoken about again. We believe these numbers to be greatly exaggerated.  The only other nation to find evidence of the Barinia Virus was the nation of Lonbonia but there is no detailed record on what happened in that nation according to the Farshonian records.

But there is good evidence suggesting the Barinia Virus being the precursor to that of the Green flu.
United Earth Conclave
United Earth Conclave
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:26 pm

Premier Weber nods.

We must keep an eye on it then. When possible, I believe that the Farshonian records should be given to the nations present and to the WAHO. We must also take steps to ensure the Farshonians haven't weaponized this virus. They had released a statement claiming Weaponized Green Flu, so its logical to assume they may have this as well.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  United Earth Conclave Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:46 pm

Although we are unaware of any weapons, you are right, President Martin Harper of Farshoina had expressed use of weaponized green flu in the form of ICBM. So this is one more precaution to be aware of when combating the rebels.
United Earth Conclave
United Earth Conclave
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:35 pm

Well, our ambassador has told me that there is a deadlock on the nomination of Eurasia to control Zone 2. The Ivanian Government has yet to vote which could make or break the deadlock.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  United States of Europe Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:36 pm

The President Ezio Auditore spoke.

Gentlemen, leaving aside the debate on Zone 2, since for the moment they are already discussing the Security Council, I would like to hear your opinion about the involvement of regional organizations in Fashonia.
First the intervention of WAHO, which could be of great help to the stabilization and reconstruction of the area.
Those people, the people of Fashonia, had to undergo a pandemic, some episodes of civil war, the fall in the chaos of their nation and its subsequent dismemberment.
Now find themselves divided into many small "Zone", controlled by several different armies, with a naval blockade and an air lock still active, unable to leave the country.
And there are problems of supply of food, and risporse.
Activating a mission WAHO we can avoid the outbreak of a humanitarian crisis, have, as mentioned above, and also supports the reconstruction derive considerable economic gain, in the ways I have explained above.

The President Ezio Auditore paused an instant, and typed something on his laptop, he had placed on the table in front of him, next to various documents and paperwork.
Looked carefully at the screen for some tens of seconds.
Then he closed the computer screen and began to speak.

News reaches me from Yellasia, that the annexation of the territory of Kamchatka by Eurussia is attracting quite a few protests.
I think you could confirm, Mr. Avery.
What I said: people are starting to look toward this mission not as a measure to protect the region from a possible pandemic, but as a neo-colonial enterprise.
We must show the world that it is not, by establishing a humanitarian mission and triggering the WAHO.
People will see this action, see the Rapid Deployment Forces men intent on feeding children and the elderly, intent to distribute medicines, and tempers subside.
They will say, "But this is a real humanitarian intervention, well done, keep it up!"
Thus, we have everything to gain, I just need your permission.
After that contact you directly to the palace of WAHO European officials in Moscow who will think about the rest.
In addition, I would like to know your opinion about an intervention WAAF against the rebels.
United States of Europe
United States of Europe
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:17 am

Gentlemen, with all due respect, let me remind you that Eurussia and Farshonia are long time allies and that is the basic reason we aid them in containing the virus in which we have succeeded. Unfortunately, there are things beyond our control like the execution of their democratically elected former president that lead us here today to decide their nation's future.

Now, if we really truly care for their people, some of you wants them to determine their own future? How? Who will even pay their interim elections? Who will even pay their foreign debts? With torn down economy, with no trade, zero government coffers and zero businesses? Is this the brighter future we want for them after they choose their own government in which even none of us knows where?

Practically, I am still for annexation. If you wish to give them self identity and self determination, give them autonomous status or pour billions of funds in reconstruction and give them independence later on.

We better hurry our decision so as to bring peace.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Shirouma Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:34 am

Riko Nikanawa:

I agree with Vladimir Pootin here, Shirouma is also for annexation of the zones and giving the Farshonian people there a status of autonomy and a status of an ethnic and cultural minority which would make it possible for Farshonians to continue to practise their culture, religions and speaking their language.
Shirouma
Shirouma
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Empire of Articmainia Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:50 am

John Wallace nods his head in away agreeing of agreeing with Vladimir and Nikanawa.
Empire of Articmainia
Empire of Articmainia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Kulon Bangsa Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:11 am

with recent arguments i too agree that annexation should be the way to go in this matter
Kulon Bangsa
Kulon Bangsa
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:24 am

I aswell am for annexation. Just give the word, and the NZ flag will fly above Zone 4. I also Reccomend that the Farshonians be granted a state of full autonomacy, such as the policy employed by the NZC to all its governing territories, to which Farshonia-NZ (Zone 4) will become a part of.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:22 am

Premier Weber shakes his head.

I stand behind annexation. Europe and Asia will annex Zone 2. A new matter presents itself, disarmament of the Farshonian Government. How should we go about this? As far as we know, they have biological weapons that they could use at any time.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:14 am

Premier Weber, with due respect, may I correct you? There is no Farshonian Government. And if there is a credible evidence to your claims, the rebels should be tagged as terrorists after this summit, so we could engage them unanimously and overpower them instantly if ever they try to resist your annexation.

However, Dr. Weber, country's nomination to control Zone 2 is in a deadlock at the Security Council.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Yellasia Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:35 am

Prime Minister Avery looks to President Ezio Auditore:
Yes, President Ezio Auditore, I can confirm that there have been protests within my country that display conflicting views towards the annexation of Farshonian territory. I would also like to announce my support for the United States of Europe's proposed occupation of Zone 2.

We must not give up on the Farshonian people. We could place our own provisional government in Farshonia, which will continue to be called the 'World Alliance Territory of Farshonia', aid in reconstruction, and once the rebels have ceased fighting, we can prepare for open elections for the Farshonian people to determine their own fate.

It seems there is overwhelming support for annexation in several of the nations represented in this summit. If we are to annex, we must at least allow the Farshonian people to have some sort of their own representation. I do not have too many qualms with those wishing to create an autonomous Farhsonian government within their new territories, as long as they are not annexing only for their own expansionist interests. We still cannot create an artificial division amongst the Frashonian people. If all else fails, I propose creating a Farshonian parliament to be head quartered in its own 'sovereign' space, while allowing those of former Farshonia to have dual citizenship between their new autonomous colonies or occupying nation as well as this Farshonian organisation.

OOC: What I mean with the last part is create something similar to the Sami parliaments in Sweden and Norway, while also allowing them to own a small Vatican City sized portion of Fairfield, the Farshonian capitol, to operate from, in coordination with the Security Council. In RP, Farshonia would basically no longer exist unless an occupying nation decides to abolish any form of Farshonian representation, which Yellasia would fight against.
Yellasia
Yellasia
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:17 pm

NZ Prime Minister Michael Jefferson wrote:So it is settled, Farshonia is hereby annexed. Zone 4 now comes under the jurisdiction of "The New-Zealand Colonies", and will be hereby called Farshonia-NZ. They shall have a seat of representation in the NZC Council, and function as a fully autonomous state.

OOC : I'm taking over Zone 4, its the section I was assigned to.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:45 pm

Calm down Prime Minister Jefferson. I think it is disrespectful of doing an annexation in the middle of this summit. Although it seems that majority are in favor of practicality and that is annexation, in behalf of all of you, our government will write a treaty or a declaration signed by everyone of us to show that we are united.

On the other hand, I request my colleagues here to review your options on the deadlock in the Security Council's nomination of Eurasia to control Zone 2. After such, I will call a vote here to see who are in favor of annexation.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  United Earth Conclave Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:57 pm

Nodding in agreement with Mr.Pootin, the Grand Imperator speaks.

Although most nations are in favour of annexation of the Farshonian territory, how do we propose that the nations divvy up their claims over this territory? Being assigned territory to quarantine Farshonia was a matter of international security and humanitarianism and obviously much more different than annexing Farshonia and incorporating these lands into our governing bodies.

The U.E.C is not exactly above annexing Zone One, I do want to give those Farshonians in that zone a certain level of autonomy under the Workers Administrative State of Farshonia that will be headed by a Farshonian and guided by the U.E.C. At least until proper elections can be held for Farshonia if that were to ever occur.
United Earth Conclave
United Earth Conclave
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next