World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Rejected) World Alliance Health Society Act

+2
Great Eurussia
New-Zealand
6 posters

Go down

(Rejected) World Alliance Health Society Act  Empty (Rejected) World Alliance Health Society Act

Post  New-Zealand Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:33 am

World Alliance Health Society Act (WAHS)

I, The Social Democracy of New-Zealand, propose that we hereby set up the World Alliance Health Society with the intent of providing the immediate medical need required in cases of emergency. The WAHS WILL NOT act as a form of free public healthcare for all WA Members, but will provide immediate aid such as that in a nation wide (If not region wide) health crisis. This aid will primarily be setting up quarantine zones and working on cures for the said infection/disease. In cases of natural disasters (Earthquake's, floods, droughts etc.) the WAHS will provide immediate first aid and primary care through the form of refugee camps which supply the affected persons with food and clean water.

Funding :
The funding for the WAHS shall be done via a mandatory 0.25% increase in tax for ALL "taxable" nations. The tax shall not be paid from the individual citizen, but shall be collected from each respective government at the end of the financial year.

Taxability :
In order for a nation to be considered "taxable", they must have a GDP/Capita of $25,000 or higher. If a nation falls below that threshold, they will be exempt from paying any "tax" to the WAHS.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=new-zealand

Back to top Go down

(Rejected) World Alliance Health Society Act  Empty Re: (Rejected) World Alliance Health Society Act

Post  New-Zealand Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:33 am

I vote IN FAVOUR of this act.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

(Rejected) World Alliance Health Society Act  Empty Eurussian Vote

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:29 pm

Eurussia believes that the functions and objectives of this proposed organization are already being carried out by the existing World Alliance Humanitarian Organization which is currently based and headquartered in our City of Saint Petersburg.
Furthermore, we believe that the mandatory "0.25% tax increase" for all nations meeting the threshold of GDP/Capita of $25,000 are violation of Article 4 of the WA Constitution which recognizes the "Right to Non-interference except against this Constitution" whereby nations through their government have the right to decide on their internal affairs.
Hence, Eurussia votes AGAINST this resolution.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

(Rejected) World Alliance Health Society Act  Empty Re: (Rejected) World Alliance Health Society Act

Post  Europe and Asia Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:10 pm

As a member of the Court of Justice, and being my duty to interpret the Regional Constitution, Eurussia is correct. Article IV States that nations have a right to abstain from anything they want in the region.

As a compromise, perhaps "taxable" shall apply to national governments who are active members of the WA, and therefore we instead tax nations that frequent the Forums and RMB.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Yellasia Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:17 pm

Yellasia feels that membership in any organisations of this type should only be voluntary

Therefore, Yellasia votes AGAINST this resolution.
Yellasia
Yellasia
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Dromoda Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:58 pm

Dromoda votes Agianst.

A Country should be in total control of its own healthcare.
Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:09 pm

I would like to dismiss this proposal. I will amend it and present it again in a little while.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  United States of Europe Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:43 pm

Europe votes against this proposal because, as already said plenty of other colleagues, Regional violates the Constitution.
It must be said that a number of tasks that belong to this organization are already abundantly covered by the WAHO (World Alliance Humanitarian Organization), of which I am secretary.
So it would be stupid to create two organizations that have the same tasks.
We hope that this law will be revised and reworked.
United States of Europe
United States of Europe
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:56 pm

I would like to point out that I have withdrawn this proposal. 

Also, I believe that the WAHS would be far more efficient than the WAHO in providing immediate HEALTH aid simply while the WAHO co-ordinates other nations, the WAHS would have the funds and resources at is own disposal. Therefore, there would be little bureaucracy and aid would be available almost immediately. I am currently reformulating the proposal so that it does not contradict and section of the WA Constitution, and will get back to the SC with my revised proposal soon.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

(Rejected) World Alliance Health Society Act  Empty VOTING STATUS

Post  Great Eurussia Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:54 pm

Citing majority opposition, this resolution is hereby rejected!
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down