World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Dismissed) Green Lunar Act

+10
Aloia
Great Eurussia
Europe and Asia
United States of Europe
Arveyres
Planitan Commonwealth
Atletius
Marquette (of Pacific)
Federation of Antanares
Trapatrical
14 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

(Dismissed) Green Lunar Act - Page 3 Empty Re: (Dismissed) Green Lunar Act

Post  Europe and Asia Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:46 am

OFFICIAL COURT OF JUSTICE STATEMENT

As this has become a Constitutional Issue, I, as Chief Justice of the Court of Justice, have reviewed it, as is my duty described by the constitution, and present my official ruling upon the matter.

The Constitution, in Article II), states: "... The right to self determination, and The right to sovereignty and independence". Due to this, every nation has a right to claim territory, to set borders, and to maintain independence from each other unless annulled by a mutual treaty. Thusly, all nations have a sovereign right to claim land. However, the Moon is not outlined in the constitution as land accessible to individual nations, meaning that a nation cannot lay individual claim over any portion of the moon.

Essentially, this means that the lunar array is legal to build ONLY if built by the WASDA, or by a similar WA government agency. A nation cannot claim land. It is forbidden unless an amendment is passed.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:47 am

We vote AGAINST this bill and plead with all other parliament and council members to also oppose this bill.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=new-zealand

Back to top Go down

Post  Trapatrical Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:03 pm

New-Zealand wrote:We vote AGAINST this bill and plead with all other parliament and council members to also oppose this bill.
You said you approved of it yesterday...
Trapatrical
Trapatrical
Recognized State

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=trapatrical

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:04 pm

Trapatrical wrote:
Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:Trapatrical recently posted that its first Moon Council met, but the bill has not been passed, so it is not technically the first Moon Council, lol. People, hold your horses!
Can you read? It was a military budget debate in parliament, and we were only discussing potential candidates for the potential HQ in Saint Petersburg. Don't skim anymore. It makes you look stupid.
I ask you kindly for the umpteenth time to stop with the insults towards me. Do you really want to know if I can read? If I couldn't, would I be on here? Why don't you stop acting childish and go think about that.

On a more mature note, I would ask you all to please refrain from voting, as your votes are not being counted right now. We are now in a 3 day debating period, after which, a 1 day voting period will ensue.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Trapatrical Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:06 pm

Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:
Trapatrical wrote:
Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:Trapatrical recently posted that its first Moon Council met, but the bill has not been passed, so it is not technically the first Moon Council, lol. People, hold your horses!
Can you read? It was a military budget debate in parliament, and we were only discussing potential candidates for the potential HQ in Saint Petersburg. Don't skim anymore. It makes you look stupid.
I ask you kindly for the umpteenth time to stop with the insults towards me. Do you really want to know if I can read? If I couldn't, would I be on here? Why don't you stop acting childish and go think about that.

On a more mature note, I would ask you all to please refrain from voting, as your votes are not being counted right now. We are now in a 3 day debating period, after which, a 1 day voting period will ensue.
Do not talk down to me. You're fourteen years old and act as if you're the most mature of us. I am not trying to insult you, but I bring your reading comprehension skills into question when you make fallacious statements towards me.
Trapatrical
Trapatrical
Recognized State

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:09 pm

Trapatrical wrote:
Trapatrical wrote:

Do not talk down to me. You're fourteen years old and act as if you're the most mature of us. I am not trying to insult you, but I bring your reading comprehension skills into question when you make fallacious statements towards me.
If you don't want me to talk down to you, don't act less mature than me by questioning my reading comprehension skills. I would love to talk about this with you, but now is not the time, nor place to be discussing it. As Speaker of the Parliament I would like to remind member states that this thread is for debating the bill at hand, nothing more.

EDIT: Oh, and please, let's grow up from bringing people's age into arguments. I'm merely three years your junior, I fail to see how that makes you so mature.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Aloia Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:12 pm

But I don't need to debate it? I know I'm going to support New Tarajan's plan and vote against this.
Aloia
Aloia
Potential World Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=aloia

Back to top Go down

Post  Trapatrical Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:16 pm

Trapatrical wrote:
Trapatrical wrote:

If you don't want me to talk down to you, don't act less mature than me by questioning my reading comprehension skills. I would love to talk about this with you, but now is not the time, nor place to be discussing it. As Speaker of the Parliament I would like to remind member states that this thread is for debating the bill at hand, nothing more.
Then don't tell me that I'm doing things wrong when I'm not. Expect retaliation when you straight up lie.
Trapatrical
Trapatrical
Recognized State

Back to top Go down

Post  Aloia Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:18 pm

Also, DON'T CALL PEOPLE STUPID!!! THAT IS A HORRIBLE THING TO DO. HOW 'BOUT WE JUST ACT LIKE ADULTS AND NOT BE DEGRADED TO NAME-CALLING!!
Aloia
Aloia
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:35 pm

Aloia wrote:But I don't need to debate it? I know I'm going to support New Tarajan's plan and vote against this.
I know, but I have already said what my plan is and I'm not going to fall back on that. You can call for an early vote if you'd like, but you have to have at least one person to second you.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Aloia Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:39 pm

Then I call for an early vote
Aloia
Aloia
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) Green Lunar Act - Page 3 Empty Eurussian Position

Post  Great Eurussia Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:40 pm

Europe and Asia wrote:OFFICIAL COURT OF JUSTICE STATEMENT

As this has become a Constitutional Issue, I, as Chief Justice of the Court of Justice, have reviewed it, as is my duty described by the constitution, and present my official ruling upon the matter.

The Constitution, in Article II), states: "... The right to self determination, and The right to sovereignty and independence". Due to this, every nation has a right to claim territory, to set borders, and to maintain independence from each other unless annulled by a mutual treaty. Thusly, all nations have a sovereign right to claim land. However, the Moon is not outlined in the constitution as land accessible to individual nations, meaning that a nation cannot lay individual claim over any portion of the moon.

Essentially, this means that the lunar array is legal to build ONLY if built by the WASDA, or by a similar WA government agency. A nation cannot claim land. It is forbidden unless an amendment is passed.
This is basically the reason the Eurussian Government supports the Green Lunar Act as it contains an important provision establishing the WA Moon Commission to safeguard the rights of all nations of the world over the exploration and exploitation of the Moon.
Eurussia assures Stirva and Trapatrical of our support to the Green Lunar Act.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  Arveyres Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:37 pm

Aloia wrote:Then I call for an early vote
I second this, and we will be voting AGAINST.
Arveyres
Arveyres
Potential World Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=holy_patrician_states

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:05 pm

New Tarajan VOTE AGAINST this proposal.
Even if we greatly appreciate an effort toward a more sustainable energy development, this is not the solution: it is unreasonable, technically impossible to realize, with no possibilities to trasnfer energy at the Earth, highly risky, with prohibitive costs.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:04 pm

New Tarajan wrote:New Tarajan VOTE AGAINST this proposal.
Even if we greatly appreciate an effort toward a more sustainable energy development, this is not the solution: it is unreasonable, technically impossible to realize, with no possibilities to trasnfer energy at the Earth, highly risky, with prohibitive costs.
Transfering energy is nit done physically, we know how this project goes and there is no threat of it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Shirouma Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:08 pm

Against!
Shirouma
Shirouma
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:55 pm

The call for a vote has been heard, and it has been seconded. We will be adopting our 3 day voting policy early. Voting has begun as soon as it was seconded (i.e. it started already). Will end at 0:00 GMT on the 25th of November.

Marquette of Pacific casts its vote AGAINST this act.

Last edited by Marquette (of Pacific) on Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) Green Lunar Act - Page 3 Empty Eurussian Vote

Post  Great Eurussia Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:58 pm

Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:The call for a vote has been heard, and it has been seconded. We will be adopting our 1 day voting policy early. Voting has begun as soon as it was seconded (i.e. it started already). Will end at 0:00 GMT on the 23rd of November.

Marquette of Pacific casts its vote AGAINST this act.
I think the Constitution says it's 3 DAYS? Correct me if I am wrong.

Eurussia is in favor of the Green Lunar Act.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:03 pm

Stirva has cancelled this project. This has done nothing but making conflict between the nations here. So we remove the one that started this all, the moon! Against is now count as against the moon and if we get enough against the moon will be exterminated with nuclear force emptying everyones nuclear warhead supplies making relationships stronger.

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:33 am

Stirva wrote:Stirva has cancelled this project. This has done nothing but making conflict between the nations here. So we remove the one that started this all, the moon! Against is now count as against the moon and if we get enough against the moon will be exterminated with nuclear force emptying everyones nuclear warhead supplies making relationships stronger.
I strongly recommend against this idiocy. Destroying the moon will be catastrophic. Anyone who follows through will be prosecuted by the CoJ.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:11 am

Stirva wrote:Stirva has cancelled this project. This has done nothing but making conflict between the nations here. So we remove the one that started this all, the moon! Against is now count as against the moon and if we get enough against the moon will be exterminated with nuclear force emptying everyones nuclear warhead supplies making relationships stronger.

A joke.
Probably.
I cannot find any other reasonable answer.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:12 am

New Tarajan wrote:
A joke.
Probably.
I cannot find any other reasonable answer.
One can only hope.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:26 am

Joke or not, this is not good.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Federation of Antanares Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:36 am

The Moon what? Nobody must touch the Moon. Also, Antanares votes AGAINST the proposal of the Lunar Project.
Also, for the question of the Commission, I think we can introduce the lunar affair into the organization of the World Alliance created for the space.
Federation of Antanares
Federation of Antanares
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:48 am

New Tarajan will also soon propose to the Council and to the Parliament a law regarding the Orbital Solar Array Project.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next