World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Consultations) Electing World Assembly Delegate

+4
Ireland
Atletius
Marquette (of Pacific)
Planitan Commonwealth
8 posters

Go down

(Consultations) Electing World Assembly Delegate Empty (Consultations) Electing World Assembly Delegate

Post  Planitan Commonwealth Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:30 am

With the recent incident over the WA delegate I propose that we elect our WA delegate.
These might be the requirements

1. Be a member of this region and WA member (duh)
  2. Have a certain amount of WA endorsements (maybe 90% of the WA delegate's endorsement

After elect one we have to withdraw a certain amount of endorsements from the current WA delegate.
Proposed by me and Marquette of Pacific

Last edited by Planitan Union on Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Planitan Commonwealth
Planitan Commonwealth
Regional Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=freedom_planita_2

Back to top Go down

(Consultations) Electing World Assembly Delegate Empty Re: (Consultations) Electing World Assembly Delegate

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:37 am

We should say that you can have no more than 10 less than the elected Delegate.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

(Consultations) Electing World Assembly Delegate Empty Re: (Consultations) Electing World Assembly Delegate

Post  Planitan Commonwealth Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:41 am

Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:We should say that you can have no more than 10 less than the elected Delegate.
how about a percentage? 90% maybe
if so 0.90 X 48= 43.2 endorsements
Also we need a rule so that people can reach the requirements to get WA delegate, we don't want to lose to many endorsements.
maybe 85% to run for WA delegate?
Planitan Commonwealth
Planitan Commonwealth
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Atletius Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:47 am

What recent incident? I must have missed that
Atletius
Atletius
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:48 am

Planitan Union wrote:
Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:We should say that you can have no more than 10 less than the elected Delegate.
how about a percentage? 90% maybe
if so 0.90 X 48= 43.2 endorsements
Also we need a rule so that people can reach the requirements to get WA delegate, we don't want to lose to many endorsements.
maybe 85% to run for WA delegate?
no i would just go with what Marquette said.
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_empire_of_ireland

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:48 am

Atletius wrote:What recent incident? I must have missed that
Marquette replaced New Zealand as delegate
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Atletius Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:50 am

Ahh right. If I'm honest. I think that the current system of having whoever has the most endorsements works fine. I see no reason to add a extra level of complexity.
Atletius
Atletius
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:51 am

Atletius wrote:Ahh right. If I'm honest. I think that the current system of having whoever has the most endorsements works fine. I see no reason to add a extra level of complexity.
were already complex here...kinda
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Arveyres Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:53 am

Neither Freedom Planita 2 nor Marquette of Pacific are in the WA Council. I do not believe non-council members are allowed to propose bills before the WA Council. Can someone please enlighten me of the veracity of this post.
Arveyres
Arveyres
Potential World Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=holy_patrician_states

Back to top Go down

Post  Planitan Commonwealth Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:57 am

Arveyres wrote:Neither Freedom Planita 2 nor Marquette of Pacific are in the WA Council. I do not believe non-council members are allowed to propose bills before the WA Council. Can someone please enlighten me of the veracity of this post.
This seemed the best place... There isn't a good official debateing place
Planitan Commonwealth
Planitan Commonwealth
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:58 am

Planitan Union wrote:
Arveyres wrote:Neither Freedom Planita 2 nor Marquette of Pacific are in the WA Council. I do not believe non-council members are allowed to propose bills before the WA Council. Can someone please enlighten me of the veracity of this post.
This seemed the best place... There isn't a good official debateing place
There should be
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:08 am

Hmm, good point, I think it goes against protocol for non-members to post bills, but there's nothing preventing me from making comments on the bill, so I'm not doing anything wrong.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Planitan Commonwealth Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:10 am

Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:

Hmm, good point, I think it goes against protocol for non-members to post bills, but there's nothing preventing me from making comments on the bill, so I'm not doing anything wrong.
back to the topic what do you guys think?
Planitan Commonwealth
Planitan Commonwealth
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:53 am

No, this needs to be sponsored by a council member, until then this bill is effectively worthless.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Planitan Commonwealth Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:29 am

We really need a debating room -_-
Planitan Commonwealth
Planitan Commonwealth
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:34 am

Planitan Union wrote:We really need a debating room -_-

It's called the Regional Talks subforum. If you want to discuss an issue of legislation you want to bring to everyone's attention bring it to the Regional Talks, like what I did with the Map Reforms Committee.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:43 am

Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:
Planitan Union wrote:We really need a debating room -_-

It's called the Regional Talks subforum. If you want to discuss an issue of legislation you want to bring to everyone's attention bring it to the Regional Talks, like what I did with the Map Reforms Committee.

It depends on the President if he allows other nations to join besides I see no issue as we are just in consultations. Nevertheless, I believe the way we elect a Delegate is fine.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:25 pm

Sorry if I intervene only now. I was quiet busy during these last days.

As President of the Council, I must agree with Arveyres and Eurasia. We must keep the rules on, or the Council would become a sort of "second Parliament", which is not. So, please, if you have any idea, ask to one delegate in the Council to sponsor it.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down