World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(KP) Kyongdong Program

+9
Planitan Commonwealth
Aloia
Europe and Asia
Texania
Ireland
New-Zealand
Federation of Antanares
Great Eurussia
Dromoda
13 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

(KP) Kyongdong Program - Page 5 Empty Re: (KP) Kyongdong Program

Post  Dromoda Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:05 am

Federation of Antanares wrote:Can you link anything that talk about this bomb? I didn't found any trace on internet.

No. i have dutch magazine's about it.

but with some little investigation no the web i found a yahoo page

tps://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006041923466

Theoretically, there is no limit to the size of a nuclear weapon but the amount of materials available to make it.
The amount of radiation it would put out would not only contaminate the whole nation, but whole continents and possibly the entire globe to some degree.

Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Federation of Antanares Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:34 am

The link is void, I think a problem of my pc, but I trust you. My doubt now is simple: if the only limit of a weapons is how much explosive you put on it, how much cost a 100.000 megatons anti-matter weapons, considering the elevate cost of one single gram of the material necessary and it's maintenance in ideal condition? I think it's over the possibility of the nations of the alliance, without offense.
Federation of Antanares
Federation of Antanares
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Planitan Commonwealth Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:56 am

Dromoda wrote:
Federation of Antanares wrote:Can you link anything that talk about this bomb? I didn't found any trace on internet.

No. i have dutch magazine's about it.

but with some little investigation no the web i found a yahoo page

tps://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006041923466

Theoretically, there is no limit to the size of a nuclear weapon but the amount of materials available to make it.
The amount of radiation it would put out would not only contaminate the whole nation, but whole continents and possibly the entire globe to some degree.

I can't get to the link too
Planitan Commonwealth
Planitan Commonwealth
Regional Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=freedom_planita_2

Back to top Go down

Post  Dromoda Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:18 am

Federation of Antanares wrote:The link is void, I think a problem of my pc, but I trust you. My doubt now is simple: if the only limit of a weapons is how much explosive you put on it, how much cost a 100.000 megatons anti-matter weapons, considering the elevate cost of one single gram of the material necessary and it's maintenance in ideal condition? I think it's over the possibility of the nations of the alliance, without offense.

it costs as much as 20 billion per bomb.
Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Federation of Antanares Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:11 am

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn17019-what-about-antimatter-bombs.html

I read this, I think could say, better than me, how unrealistic for the role play, and, visiting other pages, the cost of the anti-matter are a lot more expansive than your prevision.
Federation of Antanares
Federation of Antanares
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Dromoda Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:17 am

Federation of Antanares wrote:http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn17019-what-about-antimatter-bombs.html

I read this, I think could say, better than me, how unrealistic for the role play, and, visiting other pages, the cost of the anti-matter are a lot more expansive than your prevision.

After one month?

the role play almost ended and now its unrealistic...

if you mind.

were gonna finish it.
Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:50 am

Ireland resigns and pulls all support for the KP.
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_empire_of_ireland

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:26 am

Dromoda wrote:
Federation of Antanares wrote:http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn17019-what-about-antimatter-bombs.html

After one month?

if you mind.

were gonna finish it.

Yeah. They can't stop us so they bring the unrealistic thing. Now, I can say that this thing is way too realistic as far as real life is concern. And I can also say that their elevator project all the way to the moon or outer space is realistic? lol 
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:34 am

Great Empire of Ireland wrote:Ireland resigns and pulls all support for the KP.

We respect your decision. We thank you for your valuable contribution to the Program!
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:40 am

Great Eurussia wrote:
Dromoda wrote:

After one month?

if you mind.

were gonna finish it.

Yeah. They can't stop us so they bring the unrealistic thing. Now, I can say that this thing is way too realistic as far as real life is concern. And I can also say that their elevator project all the way to the moon or outer space is realistic? lol 

Ok, here I agree with you. Not because the project of the elevator was mine, but because both projects (Orbital Elevator and Dark Matter Bomb) are for me on the same level: that is to say, the level of "it may be in the very near future"...
Of course, the only problem here is to adjust the results of the tests in order not to wipe out the planet since the very beginning (but, honestly, since I don't understand anything about physics etcetera, I leave this part to you).
We shall come back to the political/RP issue.
And, about this, we praise the decision of the Empire of Ireland to quit from the project.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Planitan Commonwealth Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:47 am

I would also like to thank Ireland for leaving
Planitan Commonwealth
Planitan Commonwealth
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:46 pm

The Social Democracy would just like to state that we as a member state are concerned with the path this project is following. We believe the international backlash to the KP to be quite significant, and quite relevant. The nations in objection to the KP have provided view points that we as a responsible superpower can simply not ignore. We as a nation were initially interested in the Anti-Matter technology, but are simply beginning to doubt whether or not it's benefits are worth it's dangers. In the wrong hands this technology is capable of destruction on a monumental scale, that combined with the lack of factual backing to support an actual way of harnessing this technology, if it is to actually exist (which is at this time unknown). As a result we are placed in a extremely difficult situation over our participation in this program. 

Thus, the Social Democracy will be hereby following the example of the Irish government and be resigning from the organisation. Furthermore, the Social Democracy is from this moment on, officially in opposition to the KP due to it's questionable ethics and moral standing.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=new-zealand

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:53 pm

Here's a little excerpt I thought you guys should read. Just to show how unrealistic this project is. 

"The primary difficulty with such devices is obtaining a significant amount of antimatter to sustain a reactor. While we have successfully created small amounts of antimatter, ranging from positrons, antiprotons, anti-hydrogen atoms and even a few anti-helium atoms, they haven't been in significant enough amounts to power much of anything.
"If you were to gather all of the antimatter that has ever been artificially created it would scarcely be enough to, when combined with normal matter, light a standard lightbulb for more than a few minutes.
Furthermore there is the cost consideration. Particle accelerators much to run at very high energy even to produce a small amount of antimatter in their collisions. Running the accelerators in this way is quite expensive.
In the best case scenario it would cost on the order of $25 billion to produce one gram of positrons. While researchers at CERN point out that it would take 100 quadrillion dollars and 100 billion years of running their accelerator to produce a single gram of antimatter."
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=new-zealand

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:56 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:
Dromoda wrote:The first Matter Bomb has been tested.

Explosive power: 100000MT
Codename: Irdrusa
Nuclear fallout: None
Nuclear radiation: None
shockwave: 3 time's around our planet.

Next projects:

Deuterium enrichment.
Deuterium plants.
Helium3p plants
The Death matter bomb
Sen-D matter- nuclear plant.
Use of Dark-matter in the Industrial sector.

Eurussia praises the successful test. We are looking forward to see more testings to further strengthen the product of the Kyongdong Program.

OOC: I think Dromoda, Antanares is correct, although I'm not familiar with 'megatons' etc. It is the most powerful now (and realistically the only powerful) and I would wish to see its 'radius impact' of how wide its coverage than our current nuclear weapons.

Eurussia has also conducted an underground test as planned under the program. The by-product is named as "Super Tsarita" but further details will remain a top secret for national security reasons. Thank you.
Hence, the Kyongdong Program has achieved its mission for us to find the perfect formula for a better defense material and more advanced defense technology, thus Eurussia and Dromoda has officially adjourned the Kyongdong Program.

OOC: I am not familiar with the anti-matter and physics thing but I know what this program is a new defense technology which is much much powerful than nuclear materials. Nevertheless, questioning its realisticness is utterly baseless and uncalled for, especially those who have made RP that are not consistent with the "agreed" modern age technology such as a 'flying ship' or whatever you call it, plus 'elevator to space' which are obviously unrealistic in every sense of its fantasies lol. Which I believe can never materialize in our lifetime.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Federation of Antanares Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:26 pm

Your line of defense is totally invalid. The "flying ships", how do you name there, of New Tarajan, or the OSAP, are not unrealistic like the volition of construct a 100.000 MT bomb of anti-matter. The OSAP is only the evolution, considering the elevated level of the technology of Antanares and New Tarajan, of the future of the solar energy collection. But, indeed, in the real world just were effected test on the anti-matter, that created the results that I and other nations posted. And I didn't say is possible to create an anti-matter bomb. I just would to say that if you want to create one of this weapon, you must consider that the anti-matter cost billions and billions more than a single weapon based on the fusion power. You need to create and maintain anti-matter particle, for the test, for the weapons. And this is really, really expensive. Also, what is not realistic is a bomb of 100.000 MT, because if you launch a single bomb of this power on the Earth, you would destroy the entire planet.
So, if you want, use the anti-matter, but consider that it could never be more useful than the fusion or the solar energy for the production of civil energy and the costs, in proportion, are really bigger for the construction of a weapon. This is the causes because nobody, in the world, has never tried to use the anti-matter. Only for the test, you will spend more money than construct an entire fusion power plant.
So, do it, don't respect the volition of the CoJ, but don't try to describe us this program like the future. It's a totally, enormous, waste of times, energy, funds and resources.
Federation of Antanares
Federation of Antanares
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Planitan Commonwealth Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:35 pm

Also I would like to say that having a anti-matter bomb would be a complete overkill. I have another objection to this weapon. If it is used against say the mainland of Planita , he would be destroyed of course. But it would be impossible for Planita to recover, as is would destroy natural resources as well as cities. The only way for it to recover is to reset history which would destroy the purpose of the bomb
Planitan Commonwealth
Planitan Commonwealth
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Planitan Commonwealth Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:37 pm

Yes Eurussia, the irony is not lost on you supporting the WMD protocol
Planitan Commonwealth
Planitan Commonwealth
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Dromoda Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:35 am

We stop with this project.

Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:48 am

Dromoda wrote:We stop with this project.

Wait a moment. I guess your words shall be corrected: you didn't stop the project. You continued it, you tested the two bombs, then, and only then, you stopped.
The real issue, now, is not the Program itself, but how to handle the consequences it had, mainly on the political/military level.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:53 am

New Tarajan wrote:

Wait a moment. I guess your words shall be corrected: you didn't stop the project. You continued it, you tested the two bombs, then, and only then, you stopped.
The real issue, now, is not the Program itself, but how to handle the consequences it had, mainly on the political/military level.

And whether or not you violated regional laws.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Dromoda Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:10 am

Europe and Asia wrote:
New Tarajan wrote:

i did not.

if laws get passed. well than that is too late. we are done with that.

if you do something what become's illegal and i did it when it was legal so no further actions can be taken.
if you do something what already is illegal you violate the law.
Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:28 am

Dromoda wrote:
Europe and Asia wrote:
New Tarajan wrote:

i did not.

if you do something what become's illegal and i did it when it was legal so no further actions can be taken.

I thought (correctly, it seems) that you would have tried to close the Program before the new law would be approved by the Council.
But, don't think this is the solution: the Kyongdong Program has been a serious violation of the true spirit of laws already enacted by the World Alliance. Although your intention to protect our world from external threats, and the idea to implement dark matter energy for civilian purposes was more than commendable, the tests you've done were a demonstration of disrespect toward the Court decision to investigate on the issue, thus causing an understandable worry in all other countries. I don't know what will be the verdict of the Court of Justice, but I guess that Eurussia and Dromoda will be obliged to dismantle their two bombs, soon.
Because, if dark matter was produced...well, the consequences are obvious; and I doubt the International Community will stay silent with such a powerful weapon in existence. If dark matter was not produced, the tests were a violation of the Nuclear Test Ban Act.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireland Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:30 am

Dromoda wrote:
Europe and Asia wrote:
New Tarajan wrote:

i did not.

Why would you test 2 bombs then stop the program.
Ireland
Ireland
Recognized Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_empire_of_ireland

Back to top Go down

Post  Dromoda Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:06 am

New Tarajan wrote:
Dromoda wrote:
Europe and Asia wrote:
New Tarajan wrote:

i did not.

I thought (correctly, it seems) that you would have tried to close the Program before the new law would be approved by the Council.
But, don't think this is the solution: the Kyongdong Program has been a serious violation of the true spirit of laws already enacted by the World Alliance. Although your intention to protect our world from external threats, and the idea to implement dark matter energy for civilian purposes was more than commendable, the tests you've done were a demonstration of disrespect toward the Court decision to investigate on the issue, thus causing an understandable worry in all other countries. I don't know what will be the verdict of the Court of Justice, but I guess that Eurussia and Dromoda will be obliged to dismantle their two bombs, soon.
Because, if dark matter was produced...well, the consequences are obvious; and I doubt the International Community will stay silent with such a powerful weapon in existence. If dark matter was not produced, the tests were a violation of the Nuclear Test Ban Act.

when the fire is out you can't put the house on fire.

we tested 2 bombs. i am not gonna test any more. after my government decided what is best for the people.
The people's Republic is pulling back out of this program.

we learned to play death itself. and we have too much blood on our hands to continue to. that's why we pull back. that's why we do not test anymore.
Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:14 am

We appreciate this position expressed by your government, but, there's still one question to resolve: what about the bombs already created? I mean, even if bombs where not created yet, testing a weapon literally means to possess that same weapon.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next