World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Dismissed) WASC Removal Act

5 posters

Go down

(Dismissed) WASC Removal Act Empty (Dismissed) WASC Removal Act

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:37 pm

Since it's clear that we need guidelines to remove nations from the WASC, I am proposing that these set of guidelines be placed into law:

When a nations deems it necessary to petition for a member of the WASC to be removed from office, he/she may go about doing this for one or more of the following reasons:

• Insufficient Activity: The nation is active enough to avoid outright removal via the WA Accountability Act, but is inactive enough to not understand the on-going conflicts and proposed legislation. Should a member nation of the WASC be able to prove that said nation is Insufficiently Active, this may be a route for removal.
  • Violation(s) of WASC passed Legislation: Although certain laws may already have standards for punishment of nations who are in violation of a law, WASC members should be held to a higher standard. If a WASC member is found to be in violation of a passed law, then another WASC member may petition for the nation's removal, regardless of the law's suggested punishment. WASC members are expected to set an example and uphold the laws of the World Alliance.
  • Unnecessary Aggression: If a member nation of the WASC be found to actively pursuing a war without going to reasonable lengths to prevent said war through means of peace, other WASC members may petition for the member nation's removal, as World Alliance is built off of peace and we attempt to keep the peace within the region. Before petitioning for removal, the member nation should be asked to once more, attempt to resolve the situation peacefully or hold a peace conference.
  • General Misconduct: If a member nation of the WASC is found to be in conduct unbecoming of a WASC member, which is defined as;

1. That the accused did or omitted to do certain acts; and
    2. That, in the circumstances, these acts or omissions constituted conduct unbecoming a WASC member.

In order for this petition to be put to vote, the President must approval all petitions for "General Misconduct"

This will allow WASC members to be able to lawfully remove a member nation of the WASC from their seat. I think with all of the fighting that has been going about lately, it's been long needed.

Please feel free to expand upon suggested reasons to petition for a WASC member's removal.

Last edited by Great Eurussia on Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:58 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammar error.)
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=scouting

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) WASC Removal Act Empty Re: (Dismissed) WASC Removal Act

Post  New Rhodinia Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:48 pm

Color me confused but I don't see any examples of what defines "general misconduct". If there isn't already, I would say "general misconduct" can include vehement verbal abuse of fellow WA members, acting only in pursuit of benefit for the misconductive state and no other WA member, and/or failing to participate in organizations of which the state is a major part of (i.e my council seat in the WEPA).
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:52 pm

New Rhodinia wrote:Color me confused but I don't see any examples of what defines "general misconduct". If there isn't already, I would say "general misconduct" can include vehement verbal abuse of fellow WA members, acting only in pursuit of benefit for the misconduct I've state and no other WA member, and/or failing to participate in organizations of which the state is a major part of (i.e my council seat in the WEPA).

"General Misconduct" is more of a Catch-All, to allow the WASC wiggle room, so long as the President, Great Eurussia approves the petition. This is so member nations cannot say, "Oh, well I cannot be removed for doing this since the law doesn't talk about it." Since it's so broad spectrum, I've made it so that it has to be approved by the President, which I think is a reasonable measure.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:02 pm

Still, wouldn't other nations have to look at a removal proposal? Just the President's decision outside of a general WASC concensus seems a bit odd.
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:38 pm

New Rhodinia wrote:Still, wouldn't other nations have to look at a removal proposal? Just the President's decision outside of a general WASC concensus seems a bit odd.

I guess I wasn't clear, what I meant was that the President would approve of the REASON for the petition, not approve/pass the petition itself.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:45 pm

Ah, my apologies then. Other then that little bit, it looks good from my point of view.
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:48 pm

New Rhodinia wrote:Ah, my apologies then. Other then that little bit, it looks good from my point of view.

Do you have a suggestion regarding that bit?
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Rhodinia Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:02 pm

That was my "general misconduct" question: giving examples. Unless that part wasn't meant to have specific definitions, then it's fine with me.
New Rhodinia
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:03 pm

New Rhodinia wrote:That was my "general misconduct" question: giving examples. Unless that part wasn't meant to have specific definitions, then it's fine with me.

Thanks. Didn't want to give specific examples as mentioned before.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) WASC Removal Act Empty NOTICE

Post  Great Eurussia Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:37 pm

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:Since it's clear that we need guidelines to remove nations from the WASC, I am proposing that these set of guidelines be placed into law:

When a nations deems it necessary to petition for a member of the WASC to be removed from office, he/she may go about doing this for one or more of the following reasons:

• Insufficient Activity: The nation is active enough to avoid outright removal via the WA Accountability Act, but is inactive enough to not understand the on-going conflicts and proposed legislation. Should a member nation of the WASC be able to prove that said nation is Insufficiently Active, this may be a route for removal.
  • Violation(s) of WASC passed Legislation: Although certain laws may already have standards for punishment of nations who are in violation of a law, WASC members should be held to a higher standard. If a WASC member is found to be in violation of a passed law, then another WASC member may petition for the nation's removal, regardless of the law's suggested punishment. WASC members are expected to set an example and uphold the laws of the World Alliance.
  • Unnecessary Aggression: If a member nation of the WASC be found to actively pursuing a war without going to reasonable lengths to prevent said war through means of peace, other WASC members may petition for the member nation's removal, as World Alliance is built off of peace and we attempt to keep the peace within the region. Before petitioning for removal, the member nation should be asked to once more, attempt to resolve the situation peacefully or hold a peace conference.
  • General Misconduct: If a member nation of the WASC is found to be in conduct unbecoming of a WASC member, which is defined as;

2. That, in the circumstances, these acts or omissions constituted conduct unbecoming a WASC member.

In order for this petition to be put to vote, the President must approval all petitions for "General Misconduct"

This will allow WASC members to be able to lawfully remove a member nation of the WASC from their seat. I think with all of the fighting that has been going about lately, it's been long needed.

Please feel free to expand upon suggested reasons to petition for a WASC member's removal.

The proposed legislation is open for three (3) days period of debate and amendements.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:05 pm

Eurussia suggests to integrate this proposal to the "WA Accountability Act" and be introduced as an amendment but actually an additional provision to the law.

We also move to include a provision authorizing the WASC to suspend any of its member state for any ground it deems detrimental to the integrity of the Security Council where its member state maybe suspended for a minimum of 7 days and a maximum of 14 days preventing that nation from exercising its voting power and privileges to submit executive and legislative proposals to the Security Council. Being suspended thrice could be a ground for a member state to be banned from taking a seat in the Security Council for 6 months. Being banned twice could be a ground for a member state from taking a seat in the WASC for 12 months. Being banned thrice could bw a ground for a member state from taking a seat in the WASC permanently unless pardoned by the WASC itself. (This can be applied in OOC and IC matters accordingly thus roleplay news could treat days into months and months into years)

In case of non-WASC members, the WASC may suspend a nation state for any grounds it deem detrimental to the interests of the World Alliance where its the concerned nation state maybe suspended for a minimum period of 7 days and a maximum period of 14 days preventing that nation from any limitation the WASC may impose in full accordance to its existing authority by virtue of existing international laws except on judicial cases or matters. Being suspended thrice could be a ground for a nation state to be banned from the WA for 6 months. Being banned twice could be a ground for a nation state to be banned from the WA for 12 months. Being banned thrice could be a ground for a nation state to be banned from the WA permanently unless pardoned by the WASC itself. (This can be applied in OOC and IC matters accordingly thus roleplay news could treat days into months and months into years and any applicable roleplay story)

What are your views?
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:49 pm

I like the first half minus the combination with the accountability act.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:11 am

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:I like the first half minus the combination with the accountability act.

First half minus combination?
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:10 am

silent
Great Eurussia wrote:
UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:I like the first half minus the combination with the accountability act.

Keeping the accountability act separate.
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 pm

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote: silent
Great Eurussia wrote:

Keeping the accountability act separate.

Okay. Will Eurussian proposal be integrated with your proposal or not?
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:08 pm

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:Since it's clear that we need guidelines to remove nations from the WASC, I am proposing that these set of guidelines be placed into law:

two (2) day vote commences.
The STATUS OF VOTES are:
* Pending - (14) - Eurussia, Scottlands, China China, Chivalry, Scouting, Articmainia, DPRK, Zanland, Xolox, New Rhodinia, Ebsotz, Serenarea, Snarfia, MEU

Yes - (0) - 

No - (0) - 

Abstain - (0) 

* NOTE: Ten votes are required for the proposal to pass.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:09 pm

Eurussia abstains. We wish this proposal to be included on the WA Accountability Act and as well as include our two proposed provisions for strengthened accountability.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:37 am

Great Eurussia wrote:
Eurussia abstains. We wish this proposal to be included on the WA Accountability Act and as well as include our two proposed provisions for strengthened accountability.

Greetings,

As the new President of the United States of Scouting, I feel that the proposed provisions are acceptable, I will forward this on to our Attorneys to put this into the proposal.

Thanks,
Jeb Bush
President of the United States of Scouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Muchos Estados Unidos Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:10 am

Favor
Muchos Estados Unidos
Muchos Estados Unidos
Emerging Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  DPRNK Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:38 am

No
DPRNK
DPRNK
Regional Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:58 pm

two (2) day vote commences.
The STATUS OF VOTES are:
Yes - (1) - MEU

No - (1) - DPRK

Abstain - (12) - Eurussia, Scottlands, China China, Chivalry, Scouting, Articmainia,  Zanland, Xolox, New Rhodinia, Ebsotz, Serenarea, Snarfia

* NOTE: Ten votes are required for the proposal to pass.

The proposal is dismissed.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down