World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Dismissed) Second Continentalization Act

5 posters

Go down

(Dismissed) Second Continentalization Act Empty (Dismissed) Second Continentalization Act

Post  New Tarajan Sat May 24, 2014 2:38 am

Due the extension of the World Alliance horizons, and the birth of new continents, it would be good, in our opinion, to proceed with a Second Continentalization, with the aim to define the borders and the names of the new continents of the Region, exactly like the Parliament already done previously.

We ask to every interested MP to aid us in choosing the new names and defining the new borders.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) Second Continentalization Act Empty Offificial Debate

Post  Kaevi Sat May 24, 2014 4:54 am

The first official debate term has resumed, with an expiration at 00:00 GMT on June 1, 2014.
Parliament members are discouraged to voice their final vote during a debate term. The voting period will begin at 00:00 GMT on June 1, 2014 and will end on June 4, 2014.

A debate term may be renewed twice by one of two options: three parliament member requests along with approval from the Speaker or seven parliament member requests with approval from the President.

The Speaker reserves the right to dismiss any proposal deemed "not interesting" by the parliament by asking the parliament for a dismissal. This period may last 24 hours and if no parliament member objects, the proposal may be removed from the floor.

Last edited by Kaevi on Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:07 am; edited 3 times in total
Kaevi
Kaevi
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) Second Continentalization Act Empty Re: (Dismissed) Second Continentalization Act

Post  Arveyres Sat May 24, 2014 5:43 am

I would also like to add that there is an ongoing (yet inactive) Second Naming Continents Conventions, found here.
Arveyres
Arveyres
Potential World Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=holy_patrician_states

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) Second Continentalization Act Empty Re: (Dismissed) Second Continentalization Act

Post  New Tarajan Sat May 24, 2014 9:09 am

Arveyres wrote:I would also like to add that there is an ongoing (yet inactive) Second Naming Continents Conventions, found here.

I am deeply sorry, Arveyres. I was searching for it but I did not succeed.

Very well: I humbly ask to the Speaker to temporarily suspend this law process. The reason is that I believe it would more viable to resolve the issue in the Conference, then eventually brining the results to the Parliament in the shape of a law.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sat May 24, 2014 9:18 am

Arveyres wrote:I would also like to add that there is an ongoing (yet inactive) Second Naming Continents Conventions, found here.

I agree. We should wrap things up there and submit here for formality and passage into law.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) Second Continentalization Act Empty Debate Pause

Post  Kaevi Sat May 24, 2014 10:43 am

Due to the existence of the Second Naming Continents Conventions and the fact that its age supersedes the age of this proposal, along with the Third Parliament's reasoning to delay this first debate term, the Speaker formally orders a pause to the first debate term of the Second Continentalization Act.

Note that this first debate term is paused, meaning that it will resume with the remaining time left in the term (two days). The debate term shall resume immediately at the word of the author, New Tarajan, or by order of the Court of Justice. If the author does not come back with a word to resume by May 30, 2014, this pause will end automatically and the first debate term will resume immediately.
Kaevi
Kaevi
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Sat May 24, 2014 7:56 pm

Thank you.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) Second Continentalization Act Empty Pause Expired

Post  Kaevi Fri May 30, 2014 11:15 am

The pause enacted by the Speaker has expired on the first debate term. The official debate may now resume for the Second Continentalization Act. This debate term has two days left in the term before it expires on June 1, 2014 at 00:00 GMT. Parliament members should note that two possible renewals of the debate term remain.
Kaevi
Kaevi
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

(Dismissed) Second Continentalization Act Empty Proposal Dismissed

Post  Kaevi Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:05 am

The first debate term has expired without a petition for renewal, but this proposal will not proceed to a vote before the parliament. The author failed to provide any information in the proposal other than stating his wish to name the new continent(s).

That being said, the Speaker asks the Secretary General to mark this proposal as "Dismissed".
Kaevi
Kaevi
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Europe and Asia Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:05 am

New Zealand, as the only active moderator at this time, is to be considered the de facto Secretary-General until the return of Eurussia, as far as renaming and locking threads goes.
Europe and Asia
Europe and Asia
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down