World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuclear Security Summit

+5
Huperzia
Dromoda
Great Eurussia
Zakiristan.
Unovia
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Nuclear Security Summit Empty Nuclear Security Summit

Post  Unovia Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:28 am

Valgard City, Unovia
Ben Connors, Leader of Unovia, got ready to make a message to the World Alliance Region. He was nervous. If the Conference messed up, he would never be able to bring the topic up again. Braving his nerves, he started to speak.
To the members of the World Alliance!
I would like to invite you to the Nuclear Proliferation Treaty Conference, hosted right here in Valgard City, Unovia! The Conference will set up the framework for a Regionwide Nuclear Proliferation Treaty within the region.
All within the region are welcome!
Unovia
Unovia
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Nuclear Security Summit Empty Nuclear Proliferation Treaty Conference

Post  Zakiristan. Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:37 am

Valgard City, Unovia
The zakiristanian president nikolai z'drastozky had arrived with his defense minister,they wanted to know about this treaty.So they entered in the room and sat down next to ben connors.
Zakiristan.
Zakiristan.
Powerbroker

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=zakiristan

Back to top Go down

Nuclear Security Summit Empty Re: Nuclear Security Summit

Post  Great Eurussia Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:41 am

The Eurussian Government has sent the Minister of Defense as the nation's envoy.

"Good day leaders! It is nice to meet you all here. Shall we start the talks?"
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Post  Zakiristan. Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:45 am

Great Eurussia wrote:The Eurussian Government has sent the Minister of Defense as the nation's envoy.

"Good day leaders! It is nice to meet you all here. Shall we start the talks?"
Good day to you sir! how are you doing on this fine day?.
Zakiristan.
Zakiristan.
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Unovia Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:51 am

Connors said, "Hello representatives and welcome to Unovia! We are pleased to have you here. Were your journeys here peaceful?
Ok. Lets start the talks. I have been thinking about this for a long time. The way I see it, this treaty would allow a more peaceful region as a whole. We have 4 points on which we see this treaty working on. If you have more ideas, or alternate proposals, please mention them.
Here are the four points:
1.It would allow nations to continue to pursue creating Nuclear weapons and Nuclear Energy.
2. It would bar the use of the weapons within the region.
3.It would bar the sale of weapons to an outside nation or terrorist group.
4.It would ask to create a registry of nations within the region that had weapons.

That is what I have so far. Do you have any other ideas?" He looked at the other members of the Conference.
Unovia
Unovia
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Zakiristan. Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:53 am

Unovia wrote:Connors said, "Hello representatives and welcome to Unovia! We are pleased to have you here. Were your journeys here peaceful?
Ok. Lets start the talks. I have been thinking about this for a long time. The way I see it, this treaty would allow a more peaceful region as a whole. We have 4 points on which we see this treaty working on. If you have more ideas, or alternate proposals, please mention them.
Here are the four points:
1.It would allow nations to continue to pursue creating Nuclear weapons and Nuclear Energy.
2. It would bar the use of the weapons within the region.
3.It would bar the sale of weapons to an outside nation or terrorist group.
4.It would ask to create a registry of nations within the region that had weapons.

That is what I have so far. Do you have any other ideas?" He looked at the other members of the Conference.
Zakiristan has a concern over the nuclear weapons and energy we propose that we regulate nuclear activity to prevent a nuclear meltdown and complete destrucion of that nation.
Zakiristan.
Zakiristan.
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Unovia Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:58 am

Connors said, "We can understand your worries. This is the reason we would like to have a registry. What do you propose we do to regulate the nuclear activity?"
He looked back at the Zakiristanian delegate.
Unovia
Unovia
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Zakiristan. Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:00 am

Unovia wrote:Connors said, "We can understand your worries. This is the reason we would like to have a registry. What do you propose we do to regulate the nuclear activity?"
We could limit how many nukes can a hostile nation can produce,2nd we could make the nations register how many nukes they and how many they plan to produce.
Zakiristan.
Zakiristan.
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Unovia Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:04 am

Zakiristan. wrote:
Unovia wrote:Connors said, "We can understand your worries. This is the reason we would like to have a registry. What do you propose we do to regulate the nuclear activity?"
We could limit how many nukes can a hostile nation can produce,2nd we could make the nations register how many nukes they and how many they plan to produce.
Connors said, "How would we determine hostile nations? I agree with registering how many that they have. I do wonder how we would get them to let us know how many they plan to produce and keep them to it.
Unovia
Unovia
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:07 am

If we try to limit a nation's capability of limiting its production of weapons, we will have a hard time ahead since this will directly become the issue of sovereignty.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Zakiristan. Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:08 am

Unovia wrote:
Zakiristan. wrote:
Connors said, "How would we determine hostile nations? I agree with registering how many that they have. I do wonder how we would get them to let us know how many they plan to produce and keep them to it.
We could determine hostile nations by the un nuke agency it will have observors and a un watchdog every week the un will expect a report on nuclear activity.
Zakiristan.
Zakiristan.
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Unovia Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:11 am

Do you agree with regional registration of nuclear armed countries though Eurussia? I think a monthly report is best if we did a report. It would give us time to collect information.
Unovia
Unovia
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:14 am

Unovia wrote:Do you agree with regional registration of nuclear armed countries though Eurussia? I think a monthly report is best if we did a report. It would give us time to collect information.

NOTE: Please address me as the Defense Minister of Eurussia. Thank you!
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Unovia Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:17 am

Connors said, "Sorry Minister...can you answr our question that we addressed to you?"
Unovia
Unovia
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:22 am

Well, we agree with international mandatory nuclear weapons registration. But how can we ensure that everything disclosed are the true numbers possessed by a nation? What if they lie on these data provided to the regional government, if ever?
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Dromoda Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:26 am

Great Eurussia wrote:Well, we agree with international mandatory nuclear weapons registration. But how can we ensure that everything disclosed are the true numbers possessed by a nation? What if they lie on these data provided to the regional government, if ever?

and what if they go above their limits?
Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Zakiristan. Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:29 am

Great Eurussia wrote:Well, we agree with international mandatory nuclear weapons registration. But how can we ensure that everything disclosed are the true numbers possessed by a nation? What if they lie on these data provided to the regional government, if ever?
Well i say any nation that sign's this treaty if it has nukes will keep them but if they don't have it and sign it they will not be allowed to get any nukes simple as that. Nations that use nukes illegally will have thier nukes taken away.
Zakiristan.
Zakiristan.
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Dromoda Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:37 am

Zakiristan. wrote:
Well i say any nation that sign's this treaty if it has nukes will keep them but if they don't have it and sign it they will not be allowed to get any nukes simple as that. Nations that use nukes illegally will have thier nukes taken away.

how would you do that?
Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Zakiristan. Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:39 am

Dromoda wrote:
Zakiristan. wrote:

how would you do that?
By dipolomacy or if we have to war
Zakiristan.
Zakiristan.
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Unovia Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:47 am

Connors said, "Well, we could create a Nuclear Weapons, Energy, and Regulatory Commission (WANWERC) that would be an impartial commission that would collect the information from nations within the region.
If we go to war over nukes, that would encourage nations to use nukes to get them to leave them alone. I would strongly support diplomacy, and I am sure you all would as well."
Unovia
Unovia
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Zakiristan. Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:49 am

Unovia wrote:Connors said, "Well, we could create a Nuclear Weapons, Energy, and Regulatory Commission (WANWERC) that would be an impartial commission that would collect the information from nations within the region.
If we go to war over nukes, that would encourage nations to use nukes to get them to leave them alone. I would strongly support diplomacy, and I am sure you all would as well."
We hope this can be solved by diplomacy but we can use war as a last resort,we will WANWERC.
Zakiristan.
Zakiristan.
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Huperzia Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:49 am

The Huperzian government chooses not to participate in this conference nor will it be be a signatory to any agreement it may produce

Huperzia
Huperzia
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronald Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:56 am

President Schorr walks in flanked by aides and bodyguards. "Hello friends, we believe we should ask nations yes or no if they have nuclear weapons, however our nation will not support the disclosure of how many nukes a nation has, as that interferes with that nation's sovereign rights."
Ronald
Ronald
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Newasia Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:19 am

You could send in an official checking team to discover nuclear weapons not listed
Newasia
Newasia
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Novo Canuckia Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:42 am

Novo Canuckia's representative stands to speak:

"Novo Canuckia will fully support any proposal for limiting the production and use of Nuclear Weaponry of any kind. Novo Canuckia has never used or even developed nuclear weaponry in the past. We encourage disarmament at every possible opportunity. We believe having nuclear weapons is not simply a matter of national sovereignty, since their use has the ability to decimate nations that are in no way involved in the conflict that lead to the use of said weapons. We also approve of regulation of nuclear power reactors, as their destructive potential is equal or greater than that of any nuclear weapon."

Following this speech, the delegate returns to his seat and listens intently to the proceedings.

(OoC: ignore the fact that I suddenly appear in the proceedings, but I have a dislike of being late for conferences, so just imagine I've been here the entire time.)
Novo Canuckia
Novo Canuckia
Emerging Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next