World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FIRST WA PARLIAMENT

+17
North United Kingdom
The Catham Islands
Europe and Asia
Federation of Antanares
Dromoda
Havenburgh
Shirouma
Arveyres
Planitan Commonwealth
New-Zealand
United States of Europe
Yellasia
Aloia
Atletius
New Tarajan
Marquette (of Pacific)
Great Eurussia
21 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

FIRST WA PARLIAMENT Empty FIRST WA PARLIAMENT

Post  Great Eurussia Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:16 am

WORLD ALLIANCE PARLIAMENT
FIRST WA PARLIAMENT The_Palace_of_Parliament

The Parliament is the sole legislature of the WA Government.
It's powers & functions are governed by the WA Constitution.

The seat of Parliament is at the Palace of Nations, Moscow, Eurussia.

=====================================================================

The newly elected member states of the World Alliance Parliament :
>>> SPEAKER : United Kingdom of Marquette
>>> PARTIES :  WADSP (7) , WARP (7) , IGP (3) , Independents (2) , VACANT (1)

Distribution of Seats 

* WADSP = New Zealand , Havenburgh , Eurussia , Planita , Europa , Shirouma , New Malizia

* WARP = New Tarajan , Marquette , Antanares , Catham Is. , Schorr , North UK , Atletius

* IGP = Yellasia , Aloia , Arveyres (former HPS)

* Independents = Dromoda , Greater Aurea

* PERMANENT VACANT SEATS = IGP (1)

Elected on the 30th of October 2013 by the World Alliance.
They have three month term of office until 31st of January 2014.

Last edited by Great Eurussia on Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:47 pm; edited 5 times in total
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

FIRST WA PARLIAMENT Empty Opening of Session of Parliament

Post  Great Eurussia Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:31 pm

ELECTION OF SPEAKER OF PARLIAMENT
FIRST WA PARLIAMENT World_alliance__246839
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Registration of Candidates for the Speakership

All interested member states of the Parliament, exclusively the member states appointed by their respective Political Parties who obtained seats via the previous General Elections, are hereby advised to submit to file their candidacy to obtain the seat of the Speaker.

Only the NAMES are required, regardless of affiliation. Registration is within 24 HOURS.

Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

FIRST WA PARLIAMENT Empty Re: FIRST WA PARLIAMENT

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:32 pm

The United Kingdom of Greater Marquette submits its candidacy for Speakership.
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

FIRST WA PARLIAMENT Empty Speakership

Post  Great Eurussia Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:17 pm

ELECTION OF SPEAKER OF PARLIAMENT
FIRST WA PARLIAMENT World_alliance__246839
Speaker of the Parliament
United Kingdom of Marquette of Pacific

With no contender, the nation above, certified as a Member State of Parliament, is officially proclaimed as the Speaker of the Parliament of the World Alliance which shall exercise powers in accordance to the Constitution and other pertinent laws of the region to ensure the smooth administration and management of the legislature. Its term of office is co-terminus with term of the current Parliament provided that the Speaker maintains the confidence of the body. However, the Speaker cannot serve the same position for the next term and concurrently serve in the Council as explicitly prohibited by the Constitution. Congratulations!
The new Speaker is now hereby tasked to administer and supervise the election of the WA Council as soon as possible in accordance to its own democratically prescribe rules on its own discretion, as there is no existing pertinent law on the matter at hand. Good Luck!
By the Secretary General of the World Alliance

OOC: Please use this thread as necessary for the election of the Council and if there is a need to announce a region wide notice, feel free to notify me anytime. And create new threads only for other topics of concerns or proposals to be deliberated by Parliament.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:24 pm

New Tarajan candidates itself as President of the Council of the World Alliance.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:01 am

New Tarajan wrote:New Tarajan candidates itself as President of the Council of the World Alliance.
I think we should wait first for the Speaker to come up with the election rules or how the Council's seven member states would get elected. 
For me, we could follow the previous Security Council setup where whoever gets the seven most number of votes, will take the seats and the top would become the President.
Or I suggest that it is best that the President is separately elected to the six other member states since he will possess more executive powers.
Furthermore, we could also elect the Council where each Party (or group of Parties) submits their respective candidates like WARP would have their own, WADSP would have their own, IGP would have their own, the Independents could form coalition with other Parties. Then, all members of Parliament will vote which among which and then whichever group gets the highest votes will take the Council!
These are just suggestions, but I leave the decision to the Speaker!
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:41 am

I would like to avoid "fixed" list, if possible: they would very likely create rigid situations, which could potentially stop all the decision-making process.
The second idea is better, but I would like to push it further: the Parliament elects the President, than the President consults the Parties and submit to the Parliament a list of candidates for the government, which must receive the approval of the Parliament itself by a majority vote.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

FIRST WA PARLIAMENT Empty Let the Elections Begin!

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:59 am

The elections for the Council have begun! Anyone who is a member of the Parliament is permitted to vote and run for the Council, and remember that you will retain your membership of the Parliament if elected into the Council.

We are going to conduct elections in more or less the same way we did for the former Security Council. Everyone gets 7 votes and whoever gets the most votes is President of the Council. Obviously, if two or more nations tie for the most votes, we will have to attempt to break the tie in some manner.

As Speaker of the Parliament, I am not permitted to run for Council or the Presidency of the Council. I am the administrator solely of the Parliament, and whoever wins the Presidency is the  administrator of the Council (I think). However, our honorable Secretary General, Great Eurussia, is the sole executive of administrative powers in the region.

There are only SEVEN seats so not everyone can get in!

EDIT: VOTING WILL END ON THE 15TH OF NOVEMBER, GMT.

Last edited by Marquette (of Pacific) on Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Marquette (of Pacific)
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New Tarajan Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:22 am

New Tarajan candidates itself for the Council.
New Tarajan
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Atletius Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:31 am

The Kingdom of Atletius puts forward it's candidacy for council
Atletius
Atletius
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aloia Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:35 am

Aloia candidates itself for the Council
Aloia
Aloia
Potential World Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=aloia

Back to top Go down

Post  Yellasia Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:08 am

Yellasia announces its candidacy for the Council.
Yellasia
Yellasia
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  United States of Europe Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:21 am

I announce my candidacy for the Council.
United States of Europe
United States of Europe
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:06 am

New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=new-zealand

Back to top Go down

Post  Planitan Commonwealth Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:13 am

Planitan Commonwealth
Planitan Commonwealth
Regional Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=freedom_planita_2

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:14 pm

I have the following Amendments to make to the constitution :

1) The Council is elected by secondary votes. The top 7 nations with secondary votes are in the council. The nation with the most secondary votes takes up the position as president.

2) Party seats maybe changed at any time during the term, given that the nation taking up the seat had been a member of a party, or run as independent, during the previous election.

3) The WA Parliament and all WA Organisations (WAAF, WAESDA etc.) are to be housed in a NEUTRAL territory, not in Eurussia.  

4) The speaker MAY serve successive terms and there is also no limit to how many terms can be served.

5) The president MAY serve successive terms and there are also no limit as to how many terms may be served.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

FIRST WA PARLIAMENT Empty Eurussian Position

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:24 pm

New-Zealand wrote:I have the following Amendments to make to the constitution :

1) The Council is elected by secondary votes. The top 7 nations with secondary votes are in the council. The nation with the most secondary votes takes up the position as president.

2) Party seats maybe changed at any time during the term, given that the nation taking up the seat had been a member of a party, or run as independent, during the previous election.

3) The WA Parliament and all WA Organisations (WAAF, WAESDA etc.) are to be housed in a NEUTRAL territory, not in Eurussia.  

4) The speaker MAY serve successive terms and there is also no limit to how many terms can be served.

5) The president MAY serve successive terms and there are also no limit as to how many terms may be served.
1) Eurussia has no opposition to this however the Presidency must be elected separately so as not to elect someone accidentally (since whoever gets the most votes will become on top even if that nation has no plans to take up the presidency). HOWEVER, we feel confused as New Zealand voted in favor of the Constitution during the Referendum.
2) Eurussia believes that this could be resolved via a regional law through the Parliament and not a Constitutional Convention and we further seek for more clarification.
3) Eurussia sees no reason to transfer the headquarters of the Parliament in another place as it is safe in Moscow and it is perfectly housed alongside other institutions of the WA Government. (OOC: Furthermore, I don't see the realism on having an international organization in a neutral territory as no international organization in real life is located in a neutral country) And if this is the case, all international organizations, and not just that of the WA Government and its institutions must be located and be moved in a neutral territory.
4) Eurussia believes that there is no limit on how many terms a Speaker could serve as there is no limitation provided in the Constitution except that a Speaker cannot serve in successive terms.
5) Eurussia believes that there is no limit on how many terms a President could serve as there is no limitation provided in the Constitution except that a President cannot serve in successive terms.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:43 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:
New-Zealand wrote:I have the following Amendments to make to the constitution :

1) Eurussia has no opposition to this however the Presidency must be elected separately so as not to elect someone accidentally (since whoever gets the most votes will become on top even if that nation has no plans to take up the presidency). HOWEVER, we feel confused as New Zealand voted in favor of the Constitution during the Referendum.
2) Eurussia believes that this could be resolved via a regional law through the Parliament and not a Constitutional Convention and we further seek for more clarification.
3) Eurussia sees no reason to transfer the headquarters of the Parliament in another place as it is safe in Moscow and it is perfectly housed alongside other institutions of the WA Government. (OOC: Furthermore, I don't see the realism on having an international organization in a neutral territory as no international organization in real life is located in a neutral country) And if this is the case, all international organizations, and not just that of the WA Government and its institutions must be located and be moved in a neutral territory.
4) Eurussia believes that there is no limit on how many terms a Speaker could serve as there is no limitation provided in the Constitution except that a Speaker cannot serve in successive terms.
5) Eurussia believes that there is no limit on how many terms a President could serve as there is no limitation provided in the Constitution except that a President cannot serve in successive terms.
I was sitting my Internal Examinations during the last week of the constitutional convention. I didnt get time to read the constitution, I just assumed that it was accurate to what was decided on during the convention.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  New-Zealand Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:32 pm

Oh and

6) We should introduce a Prime Minister. The prime minister is the leader of the party which controls most of the parliament. This is where Coalitions comes in. Let's say WARP coalitions with Dromoda. They then "control" 8 seats and have the majority, so they're leader becomes Prime Minister.
New-Zealand
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Eurussia Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:00 pm

New-Zealand wrote:Oh and

6) We should introduce a Prime Minister. The prime minister is the leader of the party which controls most of the parliament. This is where Coalitions comes in. Let's say WARP coalitions with Dromoda. They then "control" 8 seats and have the majority, so they're leader becomes Prime Minister.
And this is basically the reason why we have the COUNCIL elected from the Parliament. It serves the same purpose and eliminates the need of having so much positions.
Great Eurussia
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Arveyres Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:09 am

Our candidacy is announced.
Arveyres
Arveyres
Potential World Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=holy_patrician_states

Back to top Go down

Post  Shirouma Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:18 pm

Shirouma candidates for the council.
Shirouma
Shirouma
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Havenburgh Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:21 pm

I am announcing my candidacy for council
Havenburgh
Havenburgh
Powerbroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Dromoda Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:30 pm

Dromoda candidates for the council.
Dromoda
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Back to top Go down

Post  Aloia Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:04 am

Aloia voices our firm support for all 6 of the amendments suggested by our friends in Auckland. We especially like the amendment that will move organizations to a neutral city. This has been one request that we have been suggesting for ages, and we're glad that a venerable nation like New-Zealand has been listening to us and agrees. We have no complaints against Eurussia, but we believe that it is the democratic thing to do to move it to a neutral city. By moving it, that will require new government buildings to be built, allowing all nations to have a part in the construction and design of the world capital. Whether we establish a new city or use an old city, there is no doubt that we will be creating a melting pot of the many cultures of the world.
Aloia
Aloia
Potential World Power

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=aloia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next